Simply never simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice tried to keep her laughter in as he teased her, she cleared her throat and listened to what he said. Alice sat on the ground trying to prepare herself mentaly, she closed her eyes and relaxed her body. It took a while before she felt completely ready, then she opened her eyes and looked at the rocks. Chanting the words over and over again in her head, slowly as she relaxed, asking the stones to come to her. Slowly the rocks started to move closer to her, she tried not to loose her concentration but it was hard to hold it for so long without making the stones speed up which probably would make them fly at her.

Even if they didn't have such a long distance to travel to her they still just made it halfway before she lost concentration. She sighted and looked at Alecander, not really knowing if this was a good first training or a bad one. It wasn't like she had anyone to compare herself with.

Alecander smiled and picked up only one rock this time. "I meant only pick one from the rocks and get it to come to you, but you did rather well with all of them." he said thoughtfully before relaxing back and looking up at the bridge. "All right, try just getting this one to come to you. It may be easier." He let his gaze fall onto the girl's face before he quickly looked away. She feels sorry for him kept repeating through his mind. A frown found its way unknown to him onto his face as he concentrated on the rocks as well. He had no skill with the elements like his witch had so he was in no way able to make it move, but he felt that if he glared at it long enough maybe he'd be able to mimic her powers and crush the rock.

Slowly he looked away towards the spot that had been put on fire yesterday. How could he get her not to fight the fire? How could he make her see that it was just a playful element and that she had been completely innocent during the fire?

"Well, thanks for not telling me from the beginning. Next time I'll make sure to read your mind before starting so I know every detail." She said sarcasticly. How was she suppose to know what he thought if he didn't tell her. She tried to get her irritation off of herself before trying to concentrate on the rock. This time it felt a lot easier from the beginning, the rock moved slowly but it didn't feel hard to concentrate this time. When the rock was a couple of centimeters away from her legs she let go of the concentration.

Alice looked up at Alecander, waiting for him to judge her achievement.

Alecander blinked out of his concentration on the burn spot and looked to where the rock was and gave her a full-fledged smile. "Very nice," he said with feeling before tilting his head to the side and picking up the next rock that was in front of him. Holding it up he closed his eyes and waited. If he couldn't watch her do magic without feeling something negative, he'd watch the inside of his eyelids instead. "You know, if you keep practicing you might be able to move a large boulder in front of my den's hole so that I can get in and out but little wind can get in there. Then we wouldn't have to worry about me coming to stay with you. I mean, I don't want you to feel pressured because of my rather poor living conditions to give me a place to stay. I don't want you to feel like you have to I mean. I'm all right with staying outside. 'Used to do it all the time when dad left. But if you moved a boulder in front of the den then I'd be able to get rid of that horrible bush and it'd be warmer during the winter, especially when I make a fire."

Alice looked down in the ground, was he going to bring that up untill she gave up? "You already promised, I have showed you what happened and I promised to not complain about fire training and you will sleep inside when the snow snarts to fall. If I use it then I will put a big rock in front of the den so you wont be able to get in to it." She told him, not in a angry tone, just irritated. "But if you think it's cold then you come over now." She continued trying to tempt him "there's food inside my house."

Of some reason it felt horrible to be away from him, she wanted him to be in the house close to her. Maybe she just felt like that because she couldn't take that he slept outside. She took up a stone and threw it in to the water, watching it bounce three time at the water surface before sinking down. If he would break his promise of living in her house during the winter then she wouldn't train fire, one part of her almost begged him to break his promise and stay outside during the winter so she didn't need to train with fire but the other half wanted him to come inside even if it meant that she needed to train with fire. She didn't like the outcome for any of her alternatives, why couldn't he just live at her place and tell her that she didn't need to learn fire? That would be a good outcome. But that wouldn't happen.

((Happy New Years Red, :)))

He flinched away from her annoyance. Alec's blue-black eyes opened and he looked at her as she threw one of the stones into the water. Looking down at his lap, he sighed. "Let us work with fire for a moment. Do you have the lighter I gave up?" He pushed up from his seat and left the stones he had been playing with where he had been sitting. He really didn't want to stay outdoors any more. He didn't want to stay away from her at night and feel that horrible pang of loneliness. But at the same time, he became as giddy as a new born pup when she appeared before him after a long time apart.

He ducked his head and frowned. Food. Loneliness. Parents questions. Food. Being near her. All of these ran through his mind and as if to remind him which side his body was on, his stomach let out a great roar of hunger. He clamped his arms around his stomach and blushed a deep red. Shyly, he looked over at her. "One fire lesson today, and I'll drop by your house later as if we have a 'project to do' and you can talk to your parents on my behalf? I'll do my best to look homeless but not crazy, how about that?" he suggested.

(Happy new year :D)

She put a hand in her pocket, did she have it with her? She knew she had put it in her pocket the other day but it could have fell out in school or when she got dressed. But it was in her pocker, it made her a bit disappointed, she maybe wouldn't have to train fire if she had the excuse that she lost the lighter, then she could have gotten saved for the day. Suddenly she heard something that sounded like a bear but a bit more quiet, she looked at Alecander. Why was he holding his arms around his stomach and why did he blush? Then she realised, it was his stomach that had sounded like that. Alice started to laugh, she couldn't help it, who would have thought that food could make him submit that easily.

She took forth the lighter, "Okay" She said smiling "Does that mean that you will move in already even though there aren't any snow or do you just want food today?" She asked and laughed again. Even if he just wanted food for now she could probably make her parents make him stay for the night if she was able to keep him there untill late.

Alec grinned at her laughter, though he was still blushing at the loudness of his stomach. She really was beautiful when she laughed, he noted before he saw the lighter and smiled fondly. "I will move in if that is what is offer Alice," he told her before walking over and taking the lighter from her grasp, making sure that his flesh did not touch hers as he did. He had always been careful, he'd noticed, to not touch her skin directly. It was something unconscious that told him it wouldn't be right if he did. And he followed his instincts for they saved him many times over.

He held the lighter up before him and grinned at it. "The only thing I'm going to ask you to do with fire today Alice is to call it out into a form. It's like yesterday. Ask it to come to you in a shape that it thinks represents you. It doesn't matter what shape, just what it thinks of when it meets your magic." He said and took a few steps away so that it wouldn't hurt anything but him and some water if she lost control. He flicked the lighter on and waited, his gaze on the girl and not the fire. He wanted to be able to run to her side if she was having trouble.

Alice smiled brightly, she would finally make him stop sleeping outside. Even if he had just slept outside one night and the snow hadn't started to fall yet, it still felt better if he slept inside. Her smile disappeard when he took the lighter, so now she really needed to use fire. She looked nervously at the light, noticing how Alecander took some steps back which meant she would only hurt him if something went wrong. She were almost about to say that she couldn't do it, but then remembered that she had promised him that she would do it. She held her hands together to keep them from shaking and tried to calm down to concentrate.

She took some shaky breaths before starting to concentrate on the fire, the fire started to move almost immediately but it didn't take any form. Her concentration often got replaced when the fire started to move with a picture of everything burning around her which made it stop doing the unnatural movements and went back to following the wind. She had promised to try, but that didn't take away the fact that she was death afraid of the fire and ofcours that would give her a hard time concentrating.

Alecander watched her struggle before letting the fire go out. Putting the lighter in his own pocket, he walked back to stand behind the young woman. Instincts was the only thing that was going to help him here. He placed his hands on her shoulders, bending in to speak to her softly.

"I'll be here with you Alice. I always will," he told her, "I won't let the fire hurt you, or anyone else ever again. Now close your eyes. Don't look at the fire when I light it again. Imagine you are in a dark room with nothing around you. Call for the sense of the fire. Control what you see. Tell the fire that all you want to see is it's shape. If you get scared, just think of me being there btween you and the fire. If you will, imagine I'm one of those big strong knights that protect princesses." gods, he thought to himself, I sound so freakin' corny right now. But maybe that would get her to relax a little.

As Alecander put out the fire Alice sighted and looked down in the ground, this felt somewhat humiliating. She had barely notice how Alecander walked behind her and got startled when she looked up and he wasn't in front of her, if he hadn't put his hands on her shoulders in that moment then she would have started look around like a fool after him. As he started to speak to her she blushed, she almost wanted to say something sarcastic about his speech but the other part of her forced her to hold her mouth shut.

It made her relax a bit, she closed her eyes and imagined herself in a dark room. She waited untill she heard the sound of the lighter and started to concentrate. She had no idea what was happening with the fire in his hand, she didn't dare to look. But in her mind she was in a dark room, and a small fire was in the other corner of it. The fire slowly took a shape, first she didn't see what shape it was taking but soon its shape became a bird, or maybe it was a phoenix. She had no idea if what was going on in her mind was happening outside of it as well, but she was to afraid of loosing her concentration if she tried opening her eyes.

Alec stared at the birdlike flame that was rising form the lighter. It no longer needed the lighter to keep its shape for it was feeding off the wonderful magic it was feeling from the woman before him. He kept one hand on her shoulder while the other slid the lighter into his pocket. "Good," he said, his voice almost a whisper, "Very good Alice. Now thank it for being nice and tell it to extinguish itself without hurting anyone. That is very important, you have to remind it not to hurt others."

He could not see what was going on within her mind, but he was captivated by the spectacle of the fire bird in front of them both. If he hadn't had any sense he would have wanted to walk over and hug the creature and invite it to eat him--it was that beautiful to the familiar. Maybe it was because it was more or less an extension of Alice, Shaking the interest out of him, he smile and slid his hand off her shoulder, not wanting to touch her in case he had to push past her for any, unknown reason.

Alice sat in the darkness with only the phoenix at the other side of the room as a light, she looked paralized at the phoenix not really knowing what to do next. Then she heard Alecander speak to her, did that mean that it had taken form outside of her mind as well? She kept silent outside of her mind but on the inside of that dark room she was talking to the phoenix, thanking it for appearing and asking it to leave without hurting anyone. First it seemed to grow bigger but then it slowly started to disappear, it looked like it was burning up starting from the bottom.

When the phoenix was gone and she sat alone in the dark room again, she slowly started to open her eyes.

Alec was still standing behind her whens he opened her eyes. He was smiling as he stuffed his left hand into his pants pocket innocently, "You did very well Alice. Very, very well." he said. He moved around to sit in front of her. He pulled his hand out and hid it behind him. "We can go back to working with earth if you want, or we can stop for the day. I have to say you did extremely well, for a beginner." His hand burned at the sensation of pushing it against grass, but it was better than seeing Alice's face if she found out he'd burned his hand trying to put out a fire on the ground again.

Alice looked around, no fire had started. She turned to look at Alecander, it looked like he was okay to, so she hadn't messed up at all? "Well, I would be able to do a bit more with earth but I don't think your stomach would like me that much if I did." She said remembering how his stomach had sounded a while ago. "I think torturing your stomach any more would be a really evil thing to do." She continued and giggled.

Alec smiled up at her and pushed himself up with a grunt. "Aye, that it would be; that it would be," he agreed and walked over to her before flinching. "I have to go back to my den and pick up some stuff, including the food that you gave me earlier. I think it wouldn't be wise to leave it here unattended if I'm to be staying with you. I can go back for clothes later if your parents really do allow me to stay." He grinned and took off his glasses and held them out to her.

"Take these, please. If you start walking home I'll be able to catch up with you in a little bit." he said, before turning, "You don't mind do you?" He was already letting his ears and tail come out and was starting to let the magic that would change him into a wolf take effect, though he held it off in order to hear her opinion.

Alice looked at Alecander as he were about to turn himself in to a wolf. "Okay see ya in a while" She said and turned around while putting his glasses in her pocket, it felt bad to leave without him but she had to do it now and then. What was she thinking? She shouldn't be feeling like this, he was just her familiar and nothing else, he would even disappear once she had finnished her training. She felt a sting in her heart, it hurt when she thought about him disappearing. But it wasn't like he was going to disappear, he was just going to go away from her and live somewhere else. But somehow, even if she thought that it was like that, she still thought it was worse than that. Why did she even care? Once he was out of her life, she could return to her normal life again. That was only good. So why did it feel so bad?

Halfway home a voice made her stop, Erik? She turned around just to be pulled in to an alley, Erik was covering her mouth to make sure she didn't scream on help. "Is it because of that new guy that you dumped me? Do you like him that much?" He asked her with an angry tone without giving her a chance to reply. Alice tried to get out of his grip but he was to strong for her. "Did you really think I would accept that?" He screamed as he threw her head in to the wall. It made her feel dizzy, if Erik hadn't been holding her she would probably have fallen to the ground. The only thing she could think about was how she wanted Alecander to be there and save her.

He felt it. He was just picking up his bag from his den when his head started to spin. When it cleared a moment later, he was already running towards where he sensed the young woman. He was in his human form for only a moment before he shifted mid-run into a wolf form. He ran as fast as he could until he stopped just outside the alleyway. Should he go in there as a wolf? It would be suspicious and if anyone saw him they would scream and want to hunt him and his 'pack' down.

Closing his eyes he tried to calm his breathing. He was almost snarling when he came around the corner to see the scene before him. His body was trembling with anger. He surveyed the scene before him before walking forward.

"You will let Miss Alice go, slime," he snapped. His eyes were flashing dangerously and if the other boy was smart he would let the girl go and leave without a hassle. Alec would put all his money and food down on that the boy wasn't that smart.

Erik looked at the guy, it was the new guy, that was perfect for him, then he could beat the crap out of the guy that stole his girl. "Miss Alice? And who are you, her prince charming? The fairy tale is over, no one steals from me." He said in a threatening tone throwing Alice on the ground. She fast sat up just to notice how her head started to spin of the sudden movement. She tried to see what happened between Alecander and Erik but she was a bit to dizzy to even see if it was Alecander whom had come. The only reason she knew was because she had heard his voice.

Erik grinned evily at Alecander before he threw his fist at Alecander. Alice were able to stop her head from spinning just in time to see Eriks fist flying towards Alecander's face. She let out a scream and closed her eyes, she didn't want to see the outcome of this.

"Is that what you think is happening? She left you," Alec started to say before he saw her thrown to the side. His body bristled. How DARE he! And then a fist was coming at his face and Alice screamed. He dodged out of the way and got the force of the punch on the edge of his cheek. He took a step back and turned to look and make sure that Alice was okay.

Alec turned his gaze turned to Erik and he sighed. "You just aren't going to listen to reason are you?" He grumbled before closing his eyes and letting his anger control him for a moment. Opening his eyes, they were a deadly blue-black that would have killed. He slipped back and then in, dodging an attack before throwing a double punch into the young man's stomach before slipping back out and then running around to his back. He was attack much like a wolf--in, punch, out, circle, in and repeat. He slowly pushed the boy away from Alice, making sure to keep her either in his view or behind him.

When he felt that he was going for an overkill, he slipped back and winced as he rolled his shoulder and flexed the hand that had gotten burned earlier from the bird of fire. It was really hurting now, but he wasn't going to let it distract him. "Miss Alice, are you already?" he asked between heavy breaths. He wasn't used to fighting, though he had been trained to do it in order to protect his witch.

Status
Not open for further replies.