Simply never simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice looked at him as he rose up from the ground and started to dance, now it had happened, he had gone nuts. She knew it would happen sometime but she had thought that she would go crazy and not him. Alice couldn't decide if this was good or not, it would probably take her longer time to learn everything which meant she needed to be using fire longer than necessary.

"Yeah, but to be able to stop the fire I first need to be able to use earth. Before that I wont be able to stop anything." She looked down in the ground, why did it have to be fire? Couldn't it have been enough with earth? Why was this happening to her, couldn't someone else get this instead?

She got startled when her phone started to ring, she took it up and saw that it was Erik. She sighted and turned it off, he probably just wanted to ask why she wasn't in the library. Even though she liked him he could get annoying sometimes when he always wanted to know where she was and with whom. Better not tell him about the half wolf she would need to spend a lot of time with. Even though the thought should bother her it didn't, she almost looked forward to spend time with Alecander. She shoke off the thought, she had a boyfriend and she didn't have any feelings for Alec, period.

Alec looked over at her slyly as she turned off her phone before looking away. "The elements, now that you've reached out to them, will search for ways to get to know you. I suggest keeping a lighter and a rock, or some earth with you at all times." he said, trying, suddenly very hard, to block off any affection he had towards the woman. After all, once she was done, the affection wouldn't be anything anyway.

It was hard though, and he supposed it would always be hard, what with what was going to happen once he was done training her. He was glad though that it would be fast, painless-- and he decided that it would be much better to just ignore that line of thinking as he was starting to mope sitting there next to the girl. Growling he pushed himself up and stretched, going over to dip his hands into the water. He stared down into the water and closed his eyes, letting the water soak into his skin and wash away the anger at his destiny.

"We can end now if you want, or we can wait and try again in a little bit. It is up to you." he said, though he didn't turn around this time.

Alice looked at him as he went to the water, what was he thinking about? She really didn't want to continue the training today, actually not any day if she needed to train with fire. But it couldn't be helped, the faster she was done the faster she wouldn't need to care about fire anymore.

"I'd rather continue tomorrow" She said with a sight, all of a sudden she had gotten really tired, maybe that was normal when testing the elements for the first time. Normal? Nothing in this situation was normal, it was all messed up, whiches, familiar, what next? Aliens? Her life had gone from somewhat normal to totaly weird in less than a day, how was this even possible? She would probably reject that this was happening untill the day she died.

"Then go ahead and take that rock and the lighter with you." He said and shuddered as the wind picked up around them. He had, stupidly, not thought that a jacket would have been necessary for the day and had thus left it at his home when he'd left that morning. Grumbling, he pushed himself up so that he could try his hands, he looked around and sighed.

"Do you have any questions, or desire to know anything in particular that I didn't cover today? Otherwise I'm going to go to my clearing and burrow down for the night. It's going to be cold and the sooner I get back there the sooner I'll be able to get warm." he said with a smile, as he turned back to look at her. He was no longer the mopy, angry wolf he had been a moment before but a happy-go-lucky one.

She looked at him worried, even though he smiled about it she didn't liked what he just had said. Did he live in a clearing?
"You can't live in a clearing." She said as she took up the lighter and the rock "that would get awefully cold, especially when the winter comes. I can't let you sleep outside." Even though he was annoying she couldn't let a huma... she couldn't let someone that was even a bit human sleep outside. She felt a cold breeze lift her hair, when the sun went down it would get much colder.

"You are sleeping in my house untill we find some other place where you can live" She continued, it sounded more of an order than a sugestion. That would probably be the only way for her to make him come with her.

Alec blinked and shook his head. "I have a den. If you are so worried, why don't you come by tomorrow and see? It's int he clearing I told you to meet me in today." He said, his cheerfulness not dulling, even thought he order was itching at him. he should follow her words, but at the same time he couldn't figure out a plausible reason for him to stay in her house that they could tell to anyone that might catch him. "I'm sorry, but I decline the offer. Really, we familiars are not completely useless on our own." He walked over and picked up his bag which he slung over his shoulder, leaving the misshaped rock and the lighter on the ground for the young woman to get.

"Or you can follow me right now and see it." He offered after thinking about it. It was only a ten, maybe fifteen minute walk from the bridge.

She looked at him still not satisfied.
"A den is still outside and it's not good for any person to sleep like that. You should be in a real house." She told him, how could she let him sleep in a den? She took up the lighter and the rock and walked to him. "I'll come with you to the den, but however it looks I wont be satisfied, you should be inside at night." She had already decided not to let this matter go, even if she maybe would need to do it today she would definitly bring it up again when the weather got colder outside. She couldn't just leave a guy outside in the cold, even if he was half wolf, it just wasn't right.

"I'm sure you'll change your mind after you see it." He told her with a smile before jumping over the river in one leap and started off towards the forest that was near the bridge. He sniffed the air and waited for his body to tell him which way to go. Then he turned to watch the girl as he waited, his smile on place still. Alec wasn't looking forward to sleeping in the den, but it was better than having to find a job and possibly not be there when the girl needed just to have a home. After all, He was her guardian.

He led the way in silence after that, until they reached a clearing that surrounded a small hill. He went around a large bush and slipped into the hole that was hidden behind it. Rubbing his hands together he walked to the back wall and picked up a jacket in which he pulled on before taking a match and starting a fire in the middle of the floor where piece of wood waited for such a purpose. The light illuminated a medium size 'den' that gave him enough room to cook, sleep and place his clothes without being too crowded. The bush in front was placed so that only wind from the south could get in and rain would be stopped by it as well. If one stayed along the back wall, they wouldn't even be hit because the first formed a warm barrier that kept the back warm enough to sleep in.

"Home sweet home, I suppose." He said with a grin.

Alice looked at him as he jumped over the river, no way she would even concidering doing that. She wouldn't even come half way over it. She ran up to the bridge and over it, she noticed that Alecander stood waiting for her. When she got to his side she was breathing heavingly, running wasn't her thing at all. She followed him in to the forest, no one of them said a word, the only sound that was heard was the sounds of the forest.

They finally arrived at the den, Alecander went down threw a hidden hole and Alice was close behind him. She got surprised, it wasn't as crowded as she thought it would be. But still, it was a den. Alice hadn't notice that Alecander was about to start a fire so she didn't react on it before he had lightened the wood piece. She backed away as much as she could and held herself close to the exit just in case. She tried to think about what she could say to make him come to her house instead, but she didn't find a good reason he could accept. Her only reasoning was that it was outside and he wouldn't care about that.

"I still don't like it, that you live outside" She said worried, how could she like it? Even though he was a half wolf he was also half human and a human didn't belong in a den.

"Not to sound pitiful or anything, but I'm used to it really. I used to camp out a lot after my father--" he stopped, his eyes locked on the fire. "After he got dismissed from his wizard." He broke his gaze on the fire and smiled over at her. Stretching he pulled on the jacket tighter and sat close to the fire, pushing the warmth onto him and the cold air away. He blinked and looked up at her. "How selfish of me. i can walk you home if you want. It's going to start getting colder out and night times coming so maybe it would be better if you walked with someone?"He pushed himself to stand and walk around the fire, flinching as a blast of cold air from the south entered the cave, causing his tail to bristle until it was three times as big as it normally was.

"Damn it'll be cold tonight. We should get you home." he said, a rather protective note entering his tone.

Alice watched him as he looked in to the fire, she got a bit bothered of the sudden stop in his sentence. After gazing in to the fire he turned to smile to Alice, she didn't notice it, she was in deep thoughts at the moment. She woke up from her thoughts once he started to talk again. As a cold breeze came in to the cave his tail become three times as big as normally, it looked hilariously funny to Alice so she started to laugh barely noticing that it was cold.

When she were able to stop laughing and breath normally again she said "I can go home by myself, but thanks anyway" She didn't want to bother him when she knew the way anyways. Even if it was dark it wasn't that hard to find.

"You sure find something funny don't you?" He asked with a chuckle, but shook his head. "No, I'd rather walk you home. I don't like winds from the south, they carry bad feelings on them. Other than eating and sleeping, I'll just be sitting here reading."Alec motioned for her to lead the way out of the den. He wasn't going to let anything happen to his witch, though he knew that that was the bond talking and not really himself. It would give himself a chance to run home too, which would only serve to warm him up, which he would be grateful about. He took off his glasses and threw them so that they landed safely on a pile of blankets. His stomach lurched at the thought of being apart from his witch, but could think of no feasible way for him to stay close enough that the pain wouldn't start. She couldn't just tell her family she'd found a wolf that seemed to take a liking for her.

Alec couldn't tell her that a familiar normally stayed by their master or mistress twenty-four/seven either. She had already set the ground rules for that hadn't she?

"Fine do as you please" She said and started to walk out threw the hole first, then waiting for him outside the den. It had really become cold, she should have put on a jacket this morning. But she hadn't, well shit happens. She started to walk once Alecander had come up from the den. "You know, you could live at my place. If we tell my parents that you got kicked out from your house because your parents are jerks and you don't have anywhere to go then my mom will defenitely let you in. She don't ask any questions, and she will probably convince my dad to let you live at our place for a while. He wont be happy but he doesn't say no to her." Even though he already had said no she still didn't want him to be outside.

Was she just worried about that he was outside freezing? Of some reason it felt like she didn't want to be away from him, no she was only worried about him. Who wouldn't be?

"And how would we explain that we know each other? You can't just say that I'm a new student that just opened up to you about my home life. Maybe sometime next week, if it gets too cold that is. I'm not saying that I'll do it, but..." Alec said softly, looking down at the ground as he walked. Yawning, he stretched. "Though I appreciate the offer. I won't accept it unless there's a blizzard." He notticed a shiver and pulled off his own jacket which he laid over her shoulders before she could complain.

"Don't think of refusing that jacket."

She were just going to refuse the jacket he put on her shoulders but he must have expected her to do so because he told her not to before she got the shance. Alice looked down in the ground, trying to keep her complains inside her head.
"I wont complain about it, if you promise to come to my house as fast as the first snow starts falling." She said, even if she knew she sounded stubborn she still couldn't let him sleep in that den when the snow started to fall, she would freeze just by thinking off him sleeping in there. "And if you promise, then I promise to not try ditching you when you try to teach me to controll fire." She fast continued before he was able to answer the first time. She knew herself to well to know that even if she knew she needed to learn the elements, she was still death afraid of fire and just say 'I can't do it' if they were going to train with fire. It would be hard not to do so but if it made him change his mind about sleeping outside then she would try her hardest.

The young man walked, hunching his back against the cold. He also stood so that most of the wind would hit him, though there wasn't any way he would be able to keep all of it off the young woman. "I'm glad you aren't a water user," he muttered as she spoke of snow. Alec's gaze was flicking up to the sky, which for him was thankfully clear of clouds. He could just imagine that if she was she'd try to get the snow to fall faster by causing a rain storm during the colder nights.

With that thought, he closed his eyes and focused on getting his tail and ears to go away. They were such good signs of his own freezing skin. When they disappeared, he smiled because they had just come out onto the street and several cars drove by. "First snow fall should be in a month or two, so I accept, on the condition that you tell me why you would want to ditch on learning to control fire someday. Not now, not if and when I move into your house--just someday. I don't know everything about you Alice, and I'd like to learn as much as I can before I have to leave."

Alice didn't understand at first what he meant when he said that he was happy she wasn't a water user, why would that be so bad? But after some time of thinking about it she remembered that water had to do with snow, if she were then she could make the snow fall earlier, if she could learn to controll it that is. She almost got a litle disappointed that she weren't a water user at that moment, then maybe she would have been able to make him get out of that den faster. A disappointed sight escaped her lips and she looked at him, he must be cold, but she couldn't tell because he had hiden his tail and ears. She really wanted to give back the jacket but he had forbidden her to do so.

Before I have to leave, he said. Why did Alice fell so lonely by those words? She thought about it, how could she explain why she was afraid of fire? It was because of an event that happend when she was six month which she couldn't even remember. "I maybe wont tell you, but I can always show you." She said, thinking about how many old knewspapers she had in a box in her room, she had read them so many times she were able to read them from her memories now. It stood all about the fire 17 and a half year earlier and how she was the only survivor. She didn't know how she could tell about it because she didn't remember but she could at least show him the knewspapers of the incident.

"Fair enough then," Alec answered with a nod before looking around carefully and hunching his shoulders deeper as a strong gust flew past them. His black-blue eyes were locked on the ground as he thought about what she could possibly show him that would convince him that she was not going to be a good fire elemental user. Fire and earth could work together and against each other and to think that she wasn't willing to accept one half of her, then that made him both excited and sad. He would be around longer if she fought and he had to pressure her into learning it, but he would also feel the reluctance to teach her if her desire to get away from the fire was strong enough.

Sometimes the bond between a witch and familiar were harsh things that both encouraged and discouraged things to progress. Then he thought of something and smiled. "You know, I was just thinking--the ability to control fire isn't exclusively limited to working with a flame. You could also work with heat, or any other form of fire. Maybe I'll teach you how to warm your own body from within someday. It'd become useful for when it snows or rains unexpectedly on you." he suggested, hoping that would entice her a little bit.

Alice looked down in the ground as they walked, her blond hair got in to her face many times because of the wind. But it could have been worse if Alecander wasn't on the side of her where the wind was comming from, was he doing it on purpose? Was he stupid? He was the one without a jacket, he should get shelter from the wind. Even if she would try to argument about it with him he would probably just reject it, and she didn't feel like ordering him. If he wanted to do things then he could do it, she would never sink so low as to order someone. If it wasn't for a really god reason.

SHe looked at him as he started to speak with her again. Well, working with heat sounded better than fire but still, what if she would start a flame inside of herself when she just were going to heat herself up? Even if it wasn't such a big chance that it would happen, she still thought that with her clumsyness it would probably be a fifty precent chance that it would happen anyways. But she would be forced to start with something, and if she could wait with flames as long as possible then that would be a good thing. "I guess it would be better than flames" She said, forcing herself to sound a bit enthusiastic.

"It will be even easier to keep yourself from dying since you have the second element of rock I think." Alec said thoughtfully, looking around him as if trying to find something else to talk about. They were nearing her house now, and he was growing rather reluctant to go any closer, but he would not let the girl walk without a jacket, or some form of protection from him in this wind. He'd probably run home anyway, so he could just let her take the jacket and return it tomorrow.

"I will... leave you here, I think," he said with a smile as they came into view of her house. "Get inside quickly and I'll see you tomorrow sometime after school. Unless you have plans to hang out with your friends tomorrow. I'll wait I guess for you under the bridge. I don't want to bother you, and you told me not to bother you at school so." He left it there and turned, making it appear he was going to leave, though he planned on doubling back and making sure she got inside safely. His skin prickled as the relatively warm side of his body was hit with a full blast of air. Gods he was glad that he could get a fur coat now.

Status
Not open for further replies.