Simply never simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erik glared at the guy for a moment after he had gotten throwned away from Alice, how did this guy dare to do this to him? He knew he wouldn't be able to win now, so he backed away. "You won this time, but I will make you pay for this" He screamed at Alecander before running away from them.

Alice hold a hand on her head, hoping it wouldn't start spinning again if she tried to walk. "Yeah, I'm fine." She said while she slowly rose from her position on the ground. She knew that Erik would get angry, but she had thought that if she avoided him for some hours he wouldn't have been that violent when they met. For the most it had only been the first hours when he started to be angry that he actually were doing something violently. Alice made a deep sight, would he calm down after sleeping? Probably not, he maybe would get worse the next day.

Alec turned to her and put a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Here, look up into my eyes Alice. You have to look at me in the eyes; I need to make sure you don't have a concussion. Please," he said softly, not wanting to frighten her. His anger had seemed to vanish when he turned to the young woman to be replaced with a childlike worry--innocent and wholehearted. He wasn't worried about Erik's threat. He wasn't afraid of the young man who seemed to have no control of his anger.

A bruise was forming on his cheek where Erik had hit him that was going to make it's appearance by the next morning no doubt. He hoped he hadn't left any visible bruises on the other young man--he would not like to go to jail for assault that was for sure. "That idiot, thinking that you'd be swung so easily. You have a head on your shoulders and you wouldn't just switch loves because someone was new." he was grumbling softly as he tried to get her to look him in the eye.

Alice looked him in the eyes, and found it really hard to hold her eyes there. Not because she had a concussion but because she felt embarrased looking in to his eyes for so long. Her dizzyness had disappeard and she just felt a litle pain in her head. It had become a litle bump on her head but besides that she wasn't hurt in any way. She started to blush a bit when Alecander told her the last thing, well she had broken up with him a bit because of Alecander. She couldn't be together with someone if she had feelings for someone else. Wait, was she just confessing to herself that she did like Alecander?

No, he had just made her realise that her boyfriend was a jerk, that was all. And She had known for a long time that she needed to break up with him because of his violent behaviour. It had nothing to do with Alecander. But if Alecander hadn't showed up, would she really have broken up with Erik then? Probably not. She looked at Alecander's eyes and then her gaze turned to the bruise on his cheek. She slowly took her hand towards his cheek, touching where the bruise was. "You aren't hurt are you?"She asked sadly. If he were then it would be her fault, it was her fault that he had gotten in to this mess, it was her fault her ex thought Alecander had anything to do with them breaking up.

Alec watched her gaze and then smiled when he saw her eyes focus in on him and then look away. "At least you don't have a concussion. Stupid brute, hurting you just because you broke up with him. Any man like that doesn't deserve to have a woman. He should be arrested for it, but hen it would bring me into sight and I'd rather not have my records looked at for they won't hold up to the close inspection that the police would put it through," He rambled, slowly letting his hands slip away from her shoulder.

Then she was touching his cheek and he reached up with the wrong hand, revealing the burn mark as he took her hand in his. "Do not worry about me. Us familiars have a slightly fast heal rate than you or Erik. By tomorrow afternoon the bruise'll be gone." He explained, drawing her hand away from his face quickly. It was the first time he touched her skin and he felt a shock through their contacted skin. The shock sent a shiver down his spine--one of excitement and forbidden pleasure, though he didn't release her hand like he planned.

Alice barely noticed what he had said, she was to focused on his hand. His hand was burned, it couldn't have come from the fight and he didn't have it before the training so that must mean. "I burned you during training, why didn't you tell me?" She asked him furious about it and took his hand in hers, this was the second time today she had made him get hurt. She knew it was a bad idea to use fire, why had she even said that she would do it? Hurting him so that she would be able to train wasn't right. All the thoughts about Erik was gone from her mind. "You should tell me if something like this happens" She continued looking sad at him.

Alec stared at her, and then he looked away. "It's because I didn't want you to be worried like this Alice," he said, his voice becoming soft. He looked rather ashamed, though he didn't apologize. "Listen, Alice, what happened was that your phoenix caught a bit of grass on fire while you were telling it to go away. Like an idiot I jumped out and used my hand to pat it out. I didn't even think about the water, I was so focused on getting the fire out. It was right in front of you and you seemed so focus that I was afraid that the uncontrolled fire might lick at you. I couldn't stand it if you got hurt so soon to getting your powers--especially by the element that you hate so much. I'd never forgive myself if you were the one that got hurt."

Gods he really was starting to sound like one of his western books. He laughed and rolled his eyes before smiling down at her. "And it could be worse you know. I heard a story where a water user was forming a ball of water with his eyes closed and ended up almost drowning his familiar because they had had a fight and his subconscious was thinking of strangling her." He looked at her and put on his kid-like smile. "So please, don't worry about my hand. It'll be a few days, but it'll heal fine."

Alice looked a bit angry at him first, he should have told her from the beginning instead of hiding it. Or he should at least have thought about taking water on the fire. Her expression soon changed in to a worried one instead, there was no way she could stay angry at him for this. Alice sighted and looked up at Alecander. "Next time we train with fire, there are going to stand a bowl with water beside you so you can take out the fire with that instead. And we wont train with fire before your hand is healed." Alice pointed out. She wouldn't by accident hurt him again before his hand was better. Not because she wanted to hurt him at all.

"And when you meet my parents, don't say anything about Erik. They don't even know that I had a boyfriend to begin with, if they knew that I broke up with my maniac boyfriend and he then attacked me then they would probably send me away to a military school or something." She said and started to walk towards her house, she sometimes ogled at Alecander. "Thanks.. for saving me before" She almost wispered. Had he been able to hear it? She knew she wouldn't say it again, if he didn't hear it then he just had himself to blame because he didn't listen so well.

Alec smiled and started to walk with her, shaking his head. She was strange. Yelling at him for being stupid and then saying thank you. "You needn't mention it. That's my job--protecting and tutoring you. And even if you were sent to military school, I'd find a way to be there for you. I mean look at what I did to get into your high school," He pointed out before sighing. "I don't have any of my clothing or books. I felt your distress and dropped everything to get to you. But I don't dare leave you alone with Erik out there to hurt you again."

He reached up and scratched where his wolf ears would have been if he wasn't keeping them hidden. He sighed looked around. "I suppose I could rush home after I drop you off and make sure that you aren't in any danger." He said thoughtfully. He was not going to leave the young woman alone anywhere where Erik could get at her.

Alice sighted "Well, it's not really me he's out after now. His stupid after all and thinks that if I see you as weak then I will go back to him, with other words now when he think that I'm together with you it is you he will attack next time." She told him, she knew Erik to well and knew that he wouldn't let this go now when Alecander had given him a reason to believe that they were dating. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to break up with him right after Alecander had arrived, ofcourse he would get those strange ideas. But even if Alecander wasn't there he would still get strange ideas, but then maybe they would just go out over Alice instead of someone else getting hurt. "Just watch out from now on, he can become really violent when he gets angry." She warned him.

Alec looked at Alice and shook his head. "I don't care if he's coming after me. I can handle a stupid human like him, but I don't want you hurt. You are more important than that. You'll have to make sure that you keep out of his way just in case." he said softly, frowning down at her. He turned and looked behind them and then sighed.

He didn't trust humans. Not at all. And he especially didn't trust a human that was going to hurt others just because he didn't get what he wanted. Like the stupid wolf he was though, he didn't look in front of him in time to see the pole that he walked straight into. Wincing, he stumbled back and held the cheek that Erik had hit which had rammed right into the pole.

"Today isn't my day is it?" he asked to the sky as if it would speak back to him.

Alice looked down in the ground as Alecander talked to her about being carefull, who was he, her dad? Couldn't someone just knock a bit sense in to his head sometime, just so he learned how people actually behaved. Just as she thought about it she looked up and saw Alecander on his way in to a pole. "Look o.." She said but it was to late, he already smashed in to it. Alice couldn't help but laugh, it wasn't what she had meant by knocking some sense into his head but that worked to.

"Are you okay?" She asked still laughing a litle, it had looked kind of funny. She had thought that those kind of things just happened in comedy movies, she had never seen anyone actually walk in to a pole. And now when she had seen it, she found it hilariously funny. "Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh." She apologised even though she still was laughing. It made her feel a bit sorry for him, he just walked in to a pole and she stood there laughing at him.

Alec chuckled and rolled his shoulders in a sort of shrug and then stepped around the poll. "Don't worry about it Alice, I deserve the laughter." he whispered, turning to look away as his cheeks brightened to a soft pink. He felt like a fool, and with her laughing, he was remembering all the rest of the things he had done and said that were laughable. How much had she laughed at him in the last two days when he wasn't around? Was he just a fool that was here to help her train and then be a joke with her?

Sighing, he turned and looked up at the poll. If he was going to be a laughter pill he might as well make it worth while. "Lovely meeting you Mr. Poll. Please don't run into anyone else," he said before looking at her and then started to walk away again, his cheeks a light pink still.

Alice had stopped laughing and looked at him, "You know, girls admires guys that are able to make them laugh. And you are a natural at it." She said and walked beside him. "And guys that aren't afraid of wearing pink are adorable" She continued as she saw his cheek being a litle pink. She noticed that she was gazing at him and turned her head down to look in to the ground instead, a small blush appeard on her cheeks and she did her best to hide it with her hair.

"So you admire me and think I'm adorable?" Alec asked, turning to look at her only to find a curtain of hair separating her face from his gaze. Raising an eyebrow he looked forward again, intent on NOT running into another poll or person for the rest of the day. "I suppose, that as your familiar, I think I can accept that as a fair assessment of me. I was starting to think that you resented me for what I bring to your life and yet find me annoying since I try to keep you from knowing when I'm in pain. Or is it that you think I'm adorable, you admire and still think those things?" It was a tease, even if he wanted to know the truth about it.

Alice started to blush even more under her curtain of hair, "It's not like I dislike you or anything, you had as litle choice as I had in this. I guess I overreacted a litle when you first came. But you came in to my room four in the morning with a tail and ears, no one had acted differently. But I don't resent you even if you can be a bit annoying at times." She said trying to hide how embarrased she was, she had never complimented anyone before and this was the closest she could get to it. "And I guess you have your good sides to." She continued finally able to look up because her blush had disappeard.

"Alice, please, don't feel like you need to explain yourself to me," Alec said hurriedly, worry on his face, "Please, I thank you for your compliment, but I was only trying to tease you a bit, get you talking again. Though I do admit that I feel better knowing you don't resent me." What if he had pushed her too far? Maybe he should stop teasing her? Maybe he should be a stoic as his father used to be? He tried imagine himself a stiff, proper man with no sense of human and shuddered. Definitely wouldn't work out that way.

She looked up at him, trying to see what he really was thinking, but she had not a clue. Alice sighted deeply as they almost had reached her house. "If someone is complementing you then you should just thank them and not think about it further. You're so hopeless sometimes. But I like that you have stopped calling me miss." She said and smiled brightly, had he done it for long? She hadn't notice it before now, maybe he just had forgotten about it. She hoped he wouldn't start calling her miss again after today. "Are you comming in to the house before or after you have gotten your stuff from the den?" She asked as she stopped outside her house.

Just one room was lightened in the house, her dads working room. If he were in there and worked then he wouldn't notice it even if the third world war started outside of the house. That was good, then she could wait untill her mom came home and explain to her about Alecander. Her dad would probably chase him away without listening on what she had to say.

"I'll come later," Alec said, eying the lit window cautiously. "I mean, how would I explain coming and then leaving and then coming back with all my stuff?" He walked up to the first step leading up to the door and stopped. "I'll wait here until you get into your room and then I'll run and grab my stuff. And it'll give you some time to explain to whomever is home that I may be stopping by for... whatever reason you want to use--project for school, new kid sympathy."

He was looking out at the street as he spoke, waiting and watching for anything suspicious though he doubted very much that anything would happen. He didn't want to make another mistake though.

She looked down in to the ground. "I didn't plan to tell my dad, and he is the only one that is home for the moment. But he wont leave the room before mom have made dinner anyways. So this is the plan, when mom is comming home then I will tell her that we are doing a school project and I tell her about how your dad threw you out on the street and you don't have anywhere to go. And then you show her the puppy eyes and she will melt and let you stay. My mom can't say no to cute guys so it will be fine, then she will tell dad and he will yell at her and then she will yell at him to shut up and then he will be mad for a week and give you murderous looks, and then if you're lucky, he will have accepted you after a week. If you're unlucky, then he will never accept you. But he wont do anything else than look angrily at you, so it's fine." She told him.

She didn't want him to get surprised by what was going to happen so she could as well tell him everything right away. Her mom wasn't that hard to convince but her dad would probably want to kill Alecander if he just saw one thing that was wrong with him.

Alec stared at her and looked up at the house with it's one lit window. Her father? he could accept that he supposed. "I'll just five your father nothing to hate about me. I'll stay wherever I'm told to sleep unless I am eating or going to school. I'll be the perfect gentleman slash pathetic homeless high school student," Alec said giving a dramatic bow before smiling up at her and then pausing. "Wouldn't it be a better idea to have me actually kicked out by your father so that when you tell your mother that your father kicked me out you wouldn't be lying? I'm not a soft little cookie you know. I could let myself be thrown out without any hard feelings. Wouldn't want you to get into trouble for lying, that I wouldn't Alice."

Status
Not open for further replies.