Silencia: The World's Frozen Crown; OOC and profile posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright.
Make sure to read the first post of the IC thread thoroughly, and I want to see a full profile and give it the go ahead before their first post, please.

Ah that may be difficult, I dont have the time right now, sorry if I'm unable too before your first post

Ah that may be difficult, I dont have the time right now, sorry if I'm unable too before your first post
I meant I just need you to write a profile here and read the first post of the IC thread (the plot, etc.) before you post as your character in the IC thread.
Sorry, I realise I wrote it strangely.

OHHH I see, well of course I mean I wouldnt post without a cs or without reading what I was throwing myself into, have you had people do that before?? o_o

is it okay for you to quickly summarise the IC? It'll be hard to get through it (via phone :I) if not I'll just read it later ;)

Again, my apologies everyone, this is my first go at hosting and there's a lot of new stuff I'm figuring out as I go.
I'm going now, and I'll answer any further questions tomorrow.
woah, this is your first time hosting? I would've never knew! ^-^

OHHH I see, well of course I mean I wouldnt post without a cs or without reading what I was throwing myself into, have you had people do that before?? o_o
I've seen it on other sites, yes. Though I have a feeling they were people who had literally never RP'd before. the GM had to explain to them what a cs was, lol. I don't think anyone here is that new to RPing, though. And even if they were, I'm sure they'd be able to handle it.

is it okay for you to quickly summarise the IC? It'll be hard to get through it (via phone :I) if not I'll just read it later ;)
I can give you everything you need for a snow elf character, but I still want you to thoroughly read the IC first post asap.
I'll PM you the info. That ok?

woah, this is your first time hosting? I would've never knew! ^-^
Cheers. :) It's not been so bad so far, tbh. I had a lot of help from the Kat and Seth.

Sure thing, PM me whenever you're ready. ;D
(And if you ever need help hosting, don't be afraid to ask. Since I was twelve ( :I a year ago) I've hosted over, well, at least 45+ RPs :) (don't mean to sound braggy or anything. . :/ ))

Interested to join, am thinking curious snow elf bent on escaping her overprotective/conservative brother. Could you PM me/write on here as much info on snow elf culture, beliefs, attitudes etc? Thanks :)

Interested to join, am thinking curious snow elf bent on escaping her overprotective/conservative brother. Could you PM me/write on here as much info on snow elf culture, beliefs, attitudes etc? Thanks :)
I'd rather not handhold too much, the character sheet process is as much a test of what you can do spontaneously as a measure of your character.
Why don't you have a look at the first IC post? https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/silencia-the-worlds-frozen-crown.44520/
There's a wealth of information on the races and whatnot in it.

Oh, also, Iron. Is it okay that Dakiin is, well, more of a sub-race of snow elf? Being that her culture is different? You'll kinda see what I mean in the bio, I'm still majorly editing though.

Oh, also, Iron. Is it okay that Dakiin is, well, more of a sub-race of snow elf? Being that her culture is different? You'll kinda see what I mean in the bio, I'm still majorly editing though.
I'm not sure, Raimei, I'm definitely going to have to reserve the right to say no to it depending on how similar/different it is to the snow elves I've written about, because well; think about it.
Snow elves are barely even their own race, they're a subspecies of wood elves, ancestors of a tribe of wood elves that were exiled from the forests of the warmer continents for crimes and/or political reasons. Just think of Silencia being to the elves what australia was to the early english empire. This guy steal a tree or something? Send him to Silencia! Is this guy an outspoken opponent against the current ruling dictatorship? Send him to Silencia! You get the idea.
This is ancient history, even for the snow elves, and none of them are actual exilees anymore, but the culture of the snow elves has developed a distinct hatred/fear mix towards the wood elves that exiled their ancestors.

Snow elves are a race of creatures that have only survived because they have their solar roses to rely on. and, for reasons I can't go into without spoiling anything I have planned, all the snow elves need to be reliant on their homes under the solar roses in the main lore.

The following is an excerpt from the main thread. I'd normally tell you to go read the first post but since you're on your phone and you've already agreed to look at the first post asap I'll post it here:
Snow elves

Descending from a tribe of wood elves exiled into the wastes for crimes against their native forests in a time long, long ago, the aggressive Snow elves all have a deep seated fear of wood elves and a lust for penance and duty that has only been sated so far by caring for the rare thickets of solar roses, the sprawling mazes of thorns surrounding the beautiful clearings navigable only by their mounts; the huge blizzard moths, their four impossibly fragile-looking ice wings crashing through calm air and tempest alike, skimming and darting over the wilderness with beautiful ease. Inside the maze of thorns is a clearing sheltered by the warm petals of the solar roses. the heat created by the giant flowers turning snow into rain, and turning the earth underneath them into a fertile and plant filled sanctuary.
Snow elves are incredibly pale in skin tone, as white as the snow they fly over. Their hair ranges in colour from blues to whites and, very rarely, orange reds that mimic the colour of the solar roses. Their bodies are tall and lanky, though not so much that they look alien.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Also; I gotta say I like your character idea. there could be blizzardmoth-back chases through a blizzard, weaving in and out of pillars of ice... I can see it now.
But yeah, have a look at the first post IC and the Profile skeleton in the second post of this thread.

@PigIron You've done a great job! We just asked a few questions!
Thanks! Now go post! (~OoO)~

I'm going to! It'll be a little later though. Gotta go do laundry soon.

I am going to treat it as if my character has been in Forhenge for a couple of days. Probably only kind of knows a few people at whatever tavern or inn he found after he arrived in the town.

I'm not sure, Raimei, I'm definitely going to have to reserve the right to say no to it depending on how similar/different it is to the snow elves I've written about, because well; think about it.
Snow elves are barely even their own race, they're a subspecies of wood elves, ancestors of a tribe of wood elves that were exiled from the forests of the warmer continents for crimes and/or political reasons. Just think of Silencia being to the elves what australia was to the early english empire. This guy steal a tree or something? Send him to Silencia! Is this guy an outspoken opponent against the current ruling dictatorship? Send him to Silencia! You get the idea.
This is ancient history, even for the snow elves, and none of them are actual exilees anymore, but the culture of the snow elves has developed a distinct hatred/fear mix towards the wood elves that exiled their ancestors.

Snow elves are a race of creatures that have only survived because they have their solar roses to rely on. and, for reasons I can't go into without spoiling anything I have planned, all the snow elves need to be reliant on their homes under the solar roses in the main lore.

The following is an excerpt from the main thread. I'd normally tell you to go read the first post but since you're on your phone and you've already agreed to look at the first post asap I'll post it here:
Snow elves

Descending from a tribe of wood elves exiled into the wastes for crimes against their native forests in a time long, long ago, the aggressive Snow elves all have a deep seated fear of wood elves and a lust for penance and duty that has only been sated so far by caring for the rare thickets of solar roses, the sprawling mazes of thorns surrounding the beautiful clearings navigable only by their mounts; the huge blizzard moths, their four impossibly fragile-looking ice wings crashing through calm air and tempest alike, skimming and darting over the wilderness with beautiful ease. Inside the maze of thorns is a clearing sheltered by the warm petals of the solar roses. the heat created by the giant flowers turning snow into rain, and turning the earth underneath them into a fertile and plant filled sanctuary.
Snow elves are incredibly pale in skin tone, as white as the snow they fly over. Their hair ranges in colour from blues to whites and, very rarely, orange reds that mimic the colour of the solar roses. Their bodies are tall and lanky, though not so much that they look alien.

Well, what if her grandmother was originally exiled, but those exiled disputed and a small tribe left the original group and inhabited an island off the coast of the mainland, who instead of following the others stuck to their own ways and rulings?

Well, what if her grandmother was originally exiled, but those exiled disputed and a small tribe left the original group and inhabited an island off the coast of the mainland, who instead of following the others stuck to their own ways and rulings?
The main problem I see is that Snow elves can't survive without a solar rose to keep them safe from the cold...
...!!
That could be your character's motivation!
They could be trying to get a solar rose seed so that his/her tribe can live safely in their own Solar rose thicket. That way we wouldn't even need to have them live on an island. they could be temporarily living in one of the human settlements. Forhenge, perhaps?

The main problem I see is that Snow elves can't survive without a solar rose to keep them safe from the cold...
...!!
That could be your character's motivation!
They could be trying to get a solar rose seed so that his/her tribe can live safely in their own Solar rose thicket. That way we wouldn't even need to have them live on an island. they could be temporarily living in one of the human settlements. Forhenge, perhaps?
Well, it could be before she was frozen. But since the island would be near the other tribe, the roses would be within a close proximity. Her main goal hasn't been revealed yet, nor her second personality. I'm editing the app so it makes sense, I'll tell you when I'm done.

Bio edited.
Looks ok. but mention that it was magical ice and not normal ice. normal ice would kill you if you froze, not put you in suspended animation.
Also, I'm going to say your tribe has to either died out since your character was frozen or attained a solar rose through trade, loan, or thievery.

Oh, it died out years before she awoke.
I have no more data left, so imma be afk til Saturday ;~;

Status
Not open for further replies.