Sharp Fall: The Beginning

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Rango wakes up to a loud, cheerful voice bellowing "Rise and shine, Rango. We have work to do." Rango pulls his pillow over his head in protest, but the large man with a great big beard and no hair grabs him by the leg and drags him out of bed. Rango groans and shouts to him "Knock it off, Uncle Roach. I'm up, dammit." He sits up and pulls his leg back so he can change into something he didn't sleep in. The towering man who was lovingly called Roach strolls out of the bedroom that Rango shared with his cousin Jakie, who was already up and moving. He pushes open the door and looks into the living area. His uncle's crew was there drinking and laughing. "Lemme guess" he says "you need weapons?" The men cheer in agreement as Jakie hands him a slip of paper. "They already paid for 'em. Just need them delivered to the safe house." Rango sighs and pulls on his hoodie and mask. "I am doing a job tonight. Make sure these idiots are ready for theirs if I don't get back before they leave."

Rango steps into the window and leans around the corner as if he had done it a thousand times to grab the iron gutter drain pipe so he could slide down to street level. The route from another building was faster than from the top of his building. He finds the fire escape to climb up the side of a tall building to jump a short gap to a shorter one. From there he jogs across the building to one of the corners and crouches to guess his odds of making the jump. He took a few steps back and took a deep breath, hoping his cousin taught him well. He takes a running start and leaps off the building towards a shorter building with a long gap between them. He makes it. Just barely. He hits the ground hard and falls over, rolling a few feet before coming to a stop. "ouch" He groans, breathlessly thinking that he would stay there for a while.

Kaze Roka​

Before his toe, a small bird was resting, Kaze stared at it for a minute before realizing that there was someone that seemed to be calling out for him, his foot slipped causing him to almost fall because of the surprise of someone else being around such a lonely place, it was weird, he knew that place like the palm of his hand since that's close to the location of the Wolves main gathering point so he used that place as a shortcut. He pushed himself up to the window again but this time took a shoe off and threw it to a button next to him, the shoe activated the trigger and immediately the window opened, Kaze, now relieved that he is in a safer position, sat on the ledge.

"Hey there. May you throw me that shoe?"

Manaki day end

Tsuri Raino​

"Saturday, no school for today, guess I can take up the day for me" Tsuri thought as he woke up. There aren't really a lot of important things in Tsuri's life besides this new thing he was trying to learn, he had to go with Jinx but before that, he had to exercise himself, so he can get a bit used to such physical work.

As in any other day, Tsuri prepared the breakfast, served it to his father and then started to do the house labors. For some reason, Kondo called out Tsuri, when he replied to his call, Kondo said –Son, its Saturday right… Leaven the home to me, for sure you want to go out with your friends- Tsuri felt a bit surprised because Kondo was requesting this, he is on a wheelchair so there isn't much he could do, but then Tsuri remembered, Kondo's chair has a lot of attachments unknown for him, so who knows what could happen.
"Ok, thank you father, I'll leave the house clean before going", Tsuri proceeded to finish his cleaning labors before getting ready, instead of going out, he decided to do some exercise, he kept himself busy with this for at least an hour, right after that, he took a bath and went out. Now, he is actually wandering around.

@Arsonwolf @Demmy @ScarletNova @Librarian Cat

Cirid looked up and gaped his mouth open. How could he do that? I mean so fast. He thought as he swung himself up from window ledge to window ledge all the way toward the top of the building. By the time he was halfway up the high-rise, he was already on a ledge, starring at a bird. At least he had his mad jumping skills, woo hoo.

He took a look at the skyline that laid before him, he always would love to go, whenever he could, to the top of his apartment during nighttime to see all the pretty lights Kahna's skylines always offered, and every day, he would look at each individual building, and learn something new, a whole new edge to it. Sure that was weird, but that was him.

He sat at the roof of the building.
@Zackymas

Last edited:
Illannah stretched a bit, sitting up form her bed. It seems that she had slept in and missed work. What a pity. Sighing softly, she stood up and walked to the cupboard. A day off wouldn't hurt. Really. Besides, she had a bit of shopping that needed to be done. The fridge was running low on food. Opening the door, she pulled out her favourite outfit and changed into it. She then started towards the front door, making sure her wallet and key was in her hidden pockets before leaving her home.

Blinking against the light, Illannah sighed, letting the door shut on its own. Shielding her eyes, she looked around the street, making sure no one was watching. It was an odd habit of hers, but ever since her neighbour had tried that trick, she had been playing it safe. Once she was satisfied, she began towards the town central, not stopping until she found one of her favorite shops. "Finally here,"s he whispered, stepping inside.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Tsuri Raino​

Windblown softly through Tsuri's face as he put on his headphones. "Ah… Dad told me to take the day but… I don't really have something to do… I should go with Jinx but it's kinda early yet…" he thought as he walked through the loudly streets of Manaki. That's the only thing he could do, walk, nothing but walk, he didn't really had "friends", of course he had that small group of people but, they weren't actual friends but something like a "hobby"; he never felt really comfortable around them.

Tsuri as he did nothing but walk, and like the weather is normally hot and dry in a city which is in the middle of the desert, he felt thirsty, a bottle of water was exactly what he needed, he entered to the closest store he could find. There he started thinking, "Uhm… 'll I actually enjoy it? I mean… it seems hard and complex… but when I was running wi-" suddenly he was interrupted by an accidental crash with a young lady that was in the store.
"O- Sorry… Are you alright?"

@Demmy

It was a small, quiet shop, that sold all sorts of things, ranging from trinkets to clothes to long life foods and spare parts for everything. Illannah browsed the isles quietly, picking out whatever grabbed her attention, only to put it back once she was bored with it. She didn't know what she was looking for. But she was looking for something. She shook her head again, replacing yet another item before turning into the next isle. She paused then, recognising her own behaviour. She only did this when she was bored and this form of boredom was caused by her day off. What was she supposed to do, talk to her friends? Hah, what friends. In any case, she continued browsing. It was something to do after all.

Coming to the end of the isle, Illannah felt someone bump into her and turned to see who it is. A young boy. She nodded her head at the boy's question and turned away. He seemed young enough to be in school and she began to wonder why he wasn't already. Perhaps he had finished early. Glancing back at him. she tilted her head. "Are you alright?" she asked. It seemed like the right thing to do, returning the question.

Mira nodded to Enamel's reply, "You're right, it would be unwise to use the roofs in this rain by now. They will be too wet to run along." She climbed down the tree, landing on the dirt ground. "Shall we be going?" She questioned him, as she looked up at him while he was still on the other branch. She then turned away, and started to walk back towards the town, knowing that he would shortly follow after.

Jinx awoke, stretching her arms out wide, then getting up from her bed to get dressed. She when out of her room once that was done and got herself some breakfast to eat, taking her time. She had to meet up with that Tsuri kid, but she figured she would give him some time to prepare himself. He could come see her when he was ready to get started, she wasn't going to force him, it was his choice if he wanted to go down this path that she was on herself. When she was finished eating, she began to tinker on her inventions again.

Enamel yawned, nodding in reply to her question. It had been a long while since he had done anything like this and he was certainly feeling tired. Jumping down from the large tree, he started back towards town, making sure he wasn't left behind by Mira. "You know. One day I planned to leave this town, find somewhere where I could do what I actually liked," he whispered softly. "But now, I'm not so sure. Now that I know that factions exist, I might not have to move."​

Rango
After a few minutes of laying on his back, Rango picks himself up and keeps going on his job. He sprints across the roof as fast as his sore body will let him and climbs down the ladder on the side of the building to keep going on ground level. He walks up to an apartment building and hits the buzzer and tells the man on the other end that he needs to pick up. After grabbing the duffel bag left in the lobby, he walks through ally ways and through private properties to the safehouse to drop off the weapons in the bag. He leaves and walks into a diner to sit down and wait for the right time to do his job.

@Zackymas

Jax looks at the shoe and picks it up. "Catch!" He calls up as he lobs the shoe up. He jumps up and presses his boot into the wall hard enough to spring himself upwards a bit to grab onto a window. He grips it with his gloved hand and leans off of it as if he were about to jump to the next wall, but instead looks at the runner with a smile. "My name is Jax. Who are you?"

"That's good." Mira replied, after hearing that the factions might get him to stay. She continued to head out of the forest even though she had rather stay there longer though the rain was making that a problem. It was getting harder like it always did in that city, but it was something that she had gotten used to except that it tended to make certain things harder to do. "I'm glad to hear that and if so, the other members, I'm sure, would be glad to have you." Getting out of the cover of the trees, the heavy rain began pouring down on Mira, soaking her.

Jink meanwhile, was busy with her inventions, waiting for the time her new student would show up. She had a thought to go out for a bit, but she didn't want to end up away from the house when he should up. She didn't mind working on her inventions, she still enjoyed that just as much as running and jumping the roofs of the buildings.

The let out another yawn, shaking his head at himself. Damn tiredness, how he hated it. As the rain poured down, his blonde locks stuck to his face, causing his to blink to remove the hair from his eyes. "You really think so?" Enamel asked, "I've never been very good with other people. Especially ones I've never seen before," he added in a whisper.

Kaze Roka

"Kaze… Kaze Roka; pleased to meet you Jax Kaze smiled as he caught the shoe and put it on. "I see you are into this" he said as he looked down at his face; then he took a bit of impulse to jump toward an emergency "DownWay" (These are supposed to replace emergency stairs and are basically like platforms that go up and down alongside the building), he grabbed the ledge of it with his left hand before pulling himself up, there he looked down and gave a brief smile to Jax. "Let's see if you can keep up… C'mon!

Tsuri Raino

Tsuri stared for at the girl's outfit before replying, her dark dress seemed to be kinda uncommon, especially in such a hot city as Manaki where sun strikes with grace and furor. "I asked first… (He thought) I'm fine… now may I remake the question… Are you alright lady?" he replied with a brief smile on his face as shown of friendship and respect. Tsuri looked to the sides, expecting to find some sort bottles of water to buy, then he realized that he was just in front of this girl and he had forgot about her presence for a second. "Oh… That's a beautiful dress you got there" he flattered.

@Arsonwolf @Demmy

Was it necessary to ask again? Well, perhaps he wasn't watching when she had nodded. After all, the boy did seem rather interested in finding somethign on the shelves. Letting out the softest of sighs, Illannah nodded again, "I'm fine, thank you." she murmured, reaching beside her to pick up a small vial to examine. Upon hearing his words, she almost dropped the vial and took a moment to reply. "Ummm. Thank you?"

"They are pretty accepting people." Mira said as they walked together, entering the town and street where others were still going about what they needed to do despite the rain. They simply walked around with unbrella's to keep themselves dry. "I make sure I choose the right kind's of people." Mira herself wasn't always a people-person she preferred animals. But, if she found the right ones, she could warm up to them quite well and begin to care for them very much. That was what happened to all the people now in her faction, now she would protect them no matter what happened. "I don't know which way you need to go, but I need to be getting home now. I suppose I'll see you around sometime, perhaps I'll come to that place of yours we were at earlier today that you had to lock up." She gave him now of her small calm smiles.

Friendly and accepting. I was a hard combination to find lately, but it sounded lovely. Smiling, Enamel nodded. "What an exquisit idea,'' he whispered, glancing around. "I can't wait to see a face of a friend instead of the debt collectors." He chuckled softly, shaking his head. It was a joke of course, though a ad one at that. He had no idea what she would do now.

Mira gave Enamel a small smile at his joke, almost letting out a small laugh though it was barely noticeable. "Then I'll be sure to stop by tomorrow." She stated to him as she turned away and started to walk down the street vanishing out of sight as she continued along different sidewalks and right and left turns to get to her house that was busy with her family doing whatever they wanted though ignoring that fact that she was out all day and didn't even notice she came in. With this the girl did her usual which was get everything for herself for her meal then heading off to bed to sleep the rest of the evening away and wake up to a new day where she could spend time away from the so-called family of hers that didn't even seem to care about her.

((Waiting for @Arsonwolf to reply))

Tsuri Raino​

Tsuri checked out his watch, realizing time was almost getting him. He didn't want to get to Jinx's late, but he had just started this conversation and felt kinda awkward of trying to just say bye and run, it was weird, no normal person'd do that, but he wasn't a normal person... but he wouldn't do that anyways so that option is obviously discard. "Uhm... you're welcome... anyways... the name's Tsuri... just starting a conversation without saying my name is kinda disrespectful so excuse me..." he said as he gave a step back. Suddenly, he saw a runner from outside the window of the shop, he was able to see the reflect on a mirror behind the woman, he then quickly turned his head to observe the runner; Tsuri felt amazed by the man's movement set and speed, he got distracted once again leaving his mind in his imagination and staring into the vacuum when the man moved out of Tsuri's sight.

Tsuri... What a strange name. She had never heard anything like it. "It wasn't disrespectful," Illannah corrected, "And my name is Illannah." He seemed distracted once again. Perhaps he had a disability? In any case, it wasn't her place to stay. As someone entered the building, it allowed a breeze from outside in. Frowning, the girl had to hold the sides of her dress to keep it from billowing up around her knees. It wasn't very usual to have such a windy day this time around the year.

(( @Zackymas Sorry!!! School year is coming to an end. been buried with work.))

Jax gives a grin and jumps after him "where is the goal?" He climbs his way to the rooftop and looks over the skyline, ready to see how far he can go with the other runner on his heels. He stretches his legs out.