Sharp Fall: The Beginning

Enamel nodded his agreement, the rain never leaving a damper in his spirits. In fact, the boy quite loved the rain. It caused the people on the streets to run for cover, leaving the streets empty. And then, without the scrutiny of the people, he would go about his business on the rooves of the buildings. As he followed the lady in front of him, Enamel couldn't help but wonder why he never went to the forest much. He loved it there indeed, but never seemed to find the time to enjoy it. Shrugging away the thoughts, he followed her to the ground and looked ahead. "Indeed." was the only words to leave his lips, then.

Night in the city of Kahnna has arrived, it's time for population to go right into their beds, to prepare to the next day.

KAHNNA DAY END

Tsuri Raino​

Tsuri heard Jinx words as he saw how she got on top of her house using her jumps. "Of course", he agreed with a swift laugh as he tried to follow her; even if it was already late hour-wise (7:00 PM), the sun was still shining as it was the middle of the day. Tsuri used the same route Jinx did to reach the roof of the house.

@ScarletNova @Librarian Cat

(Sorry for the length of the post, ran out of ideas)

Mira nodded, staring at the forest for a moment before going deeper in. "One of my favorite places." She said then walked into the forest so that the cover of the large trees would stop most of the rain from hitting them. She climbed up one of the trees a bit and took a seat down on a branch, motioning for Enamel to follow her up.

Jinx looked back at Tsuri, making sure he had gotten up to the roof. "For now, start out simple. You don't want to get yourself killed, but when you get better...that's when you can take the chance and have some fun with it all." She said to him, then started to run along the roof, then jumped so that she could land on another one and continued that pattern as she was heading for her clients house. When she finally got there, she handed the package to the mother, she turned back to Tsuri and smiled, "So, you want me to teach you, huh? Then you have to do everything I say."

Enamel nodded slowly, taking in his surroundings, a habit he found to be useful in case he managed to get himself in trouble. Smiling, he easily clambered up the tree behind her and took a seat on the branch below. "This is beautiful," he breathed, smiling and glancing around once more.

After what seemed like hours crammed in his apartment, the rain finally cleared, meaning it was time for him to go back to work, but not before he takes a quick stop at the delivery store to thank the man who did that, what was his name again, Kaze?

"I thank you gravely for the good job you did, you may have just saved my life! I'm the lone survivor of this seemingly disastrous event, and I intend to keep it that way, someone's gotta know what happened that night, ya know, speaking of which, I have to make up for all those dead people now." He handed his boss a piece of paper with information on some sort of high-tech assault rifle. "You seem to be the only ones to do the illegal around here, I have some big money i can transact to you if you're willing to get it, it's not easy, you know, only handed out to military personnel. but, seeing as that you stopped the media from finding me, I guess you can do anything, right? I would like this by tomorrow, as today will be just a day of clean up."

@Zackymas

Kaze Roka​

Sun started to shine as Kaze was already up doing his morning exercises. A quick bath, some bread and eggs for breakfast and he was ready to go. He ran to his apartment's balcony as he took his bag from the table before jumping out. There was another building right next to his so it wasn't really a problem for an expert like him, from there he ran, jumped and vaulted to his dear and loved job.

Time later, when he was already at his job, the bell over the door rang with a sharp and somewhat annoying sound that cut the air as it flows through Kaze's ears, then, a familiar face was seen by Kaze's boss (I may give him a name, getting tired of just saying Kaze's boss…). –"Oh young man… Cirid Right? Yesterday's job was a success", he acknowledged before offering Cirid a hand shake. As he heard Cirid's new job request before hearing the expression "big money" his avarice got immediately activated making him able of accepting anything in order to get the major prize. –"KAZE! COME OVER!" He pulled out both hands in front of his mouth making like a megaphone with them.

A sound which drown the others of the environment called out Kaze's attention as it appeared to be someone calling out loud his name "It had to be him" he assumed as he walked toward his boss's desk from the resting area where everyone used to chill. "Yo bo- Oh, Cirid", Kaze waved his hand in sign of friendship. –"Well Kaze, Cirid has another job for you, to go and look for this item" he showed the paper with information about it provided by Cirid. –"Ain't going to be easy so" he admitted.

"Uhm… Ok, but I'm going to need all the info you can give me dude, this doesn't as something that could be done by a lone wolf like me, so I may some help with it" Kaze admitted.

Tsuri Raino​

Tsuri could only see how Jinx used to move through the roof with no problem or complain, it was like a day to day thing for her. Tsuri tried to follow her up but it was very hard for just an starter like him, even with that, he didn't give up, he almost fell… twice, got some scratches and now he feels like his body was crashed by a train. "How can runners do this every day?" he asked himself as he tried to keep up with Jinx's rhythmic. When they finally reached the client's house, Tsuri was able to take a deep breath to fill his lungs with air, he felt exhaust and almost like a dead man, but there was something inside him, besides all the pain and lack of oxygen, there was a feeling, there wasn't words to describe it, but it was there and it felt good. "Me to do everything you say? he asked. "Trying to control me isn't that easy" he smiled as he offered Jinx a hand shake.

@Librarian Cat @ScarletNova

"Yes, it's very beautiful." Mira muttered back to him as she held out a hand for a small bird to land onto it. "It's much more peaceful then that city. On another note, though, I was quite interested in watching while you were going from roof to roof. Have you ever heard of the factions that are around the cities?" She was impressed by what he did and with a bit more work he could become even better.

Jinx gave Tsuri a small smile, "You better listen, or else you might end up dead." She commented back, then took hold of his hand and gave it a shake. So, she had a new student to take care of and teach, she didn't mind but he already seemed a bit tired out. "You're going to have to bring up your stamina if your tired out already from what we just did. Try working on that on your free time. If you're tired now, you should go home and rest and we'll pick it up tomorrow."

Yawning, Enamel leant back against the tree and closed his eyes, nodding his head. Once she spoke, though, he sat up and blinked a couple times, staring at the bird as his mind processed what she was saying. "Factions?" he asked. "What does that even mean?" He honestly didn't know, having never gone to school. He had learned most of what he knew from the old lady who lived next door.

@Zackymas

Cirid smiled, he reached into his back pocket, pulled out his phone, and fiddled with it for a bit. "Yeah, apparently, Mr.Kaz has shut down the building for today, I'm out of work until it's back into work for some reason, so yeah, I can help you out on your adventures. I know quite a lot about architecture, and I can hack some things. I will be your help." Cirid flips on his phone a couple of times, and then shows Kaze a picture:
london_embassy.png

"We have to get a SAK-31 Shock Rifle, a High-tech rifle only produced and distributed in the McCary Security Development Building, named in honor of a police officer, it is located around 18 blocks south of here. The place is basically an impenetrable fortress designed to keep anybody out, including those who jump buildings. However the picture I have here is special, this is a model detailing the key components of the building's defenses, and how we are going to get inside it.

1. It's a reflective panel that heats up so quickly, that it's turned every minute to prevent melting, or anything like that. Even though you may like burning yourself in broad sight of everybody, I doubt you would holding onto one of those panels to see it turn, even if you do, when it turns, it goes straight into a concrete wall, smushing you between a rock and a hard place.

2. it's just a lawn, nothing special right? well, it has signs that say 'keep off the grass' for a reason, stepping onto that will trigger motion sensors that will activate sentry guns from the other end of that ridge to shoot you down, then they dispose of your body in that ridge, like it never happened.

3. Probably our suggested way in, but not the easiest, its another lawn, but this one's got minefields instead of machine guns, nothing too special, but it leads to a maintenance room where we could possibly get in sneakily.

4. A pool of water, if you mind the pretty electric current that flows through it, maybe if we can disable it, we can go through it, but that's pretty easily seen."

Cirid scratches the back of his head "Yeah, I know this is a bit much, and you can say no if you want, but the payment will be more than sufficent if we succeed, I can imagine. Once again, I'm only chasing dreams here."

Kaze Roka​

Kaze could only hear what Cirid was telling and think about the danger this meant, this was an illegal operation and if they get caught… well… you know what happens and if the find out that Kaze's boss approved this, good bye to the most fun courier agency ever. "Wow wow, slow down dude… Follow me" Kaze said, the situation was getting VERY complex and only two persons for the job was going to be very challenging.

Even if Kaze enjoyed challenges, this was a thing of a matter and the smallest mistake could take place to failure. He walked outside the building, "We are going to talk about this in a different place", he said to Cirid as he walked. He entered to an alley close to the building they were inside, even if it's a suspicious place, it was a good place to talk about it, it was a bit dark, but there was no one going around there, but that wasn't their final destination, there was still some path to go through.

"We are going to meet some… friends you could say, there we'll be able to talk"

Tsuri Raino​

"Dead? Ha, don't worry by such things… Even if I'm already tired up, I can still give some more, just go slow on me" Tsuri replied as he did some small jumps as a show of his resting energy, but he was pretty tired, he could get to do some things if he forced up his body, but that was really dangerous for his spine and other bones.

Tsuri rolled up his eyes and noticed how it was starting to get dark; it was already late so it wasn't a weird thing. "Look at the hour though…"

((I think we should advertise this >.>))

Cirid was hesitant, he knew it! His nerdy-ness scared the guy. But he wasn't even talking that lout, in fact, He was surprised he even listened to what he was even talking about! He then moved him out into an alley, making him, a seemingly normal civilian up to this point, pretty scared, now he said he was bringing friends...He shuddered, I knew it! They are going to kill me! I knew they don't do illegal stuff! Oh my gosh! He put his hand up to his face, in pure fear of what his fate's to be. In fact, the only reason why Cirid was still there was that he'd already done something illegal, idk why McCary is no scarier. It would actually be pretty easy, considering the access Mr'Kaz, and by that default, Damien has of the building, but yeah, one slip, and we all die. but if we succeed, well, it would be a serious blow to both the Hacker, and Mr.Kaz. and he can finally rest easy knowing that one event was behind us, and they con focus on something different.

Sure, death might happen, but hey! Adventure Awaits!

"Factions are like groups." Mira began to explain as the bird flew up into the sky and she placed her hand back down at her side. "The jumping, climbing and running that we were doing they call people who do that art quite often as runners. And different runners have different factions, such as ones that are more into speed like the Wolves. However, there is one called the reptiles that prefer to enjoy what they are doing and climb through the different trees with the animals. How does that sound to you?"

Jinx let out a almost slight laugh when she heard what he had said. She looked up at the night sky, it was again her favorite time of the day. "I suppose it is getting later." She replied to him, "We can continue tomorrow, go on ahead home now and come to my house tomorrow morning." She wanted to do some jumping on her own still anyway while she was on her way home and he would just slow her down for now.

Enamel paused, listening to her speak. He nodded along again, almost looking like a bobbing head toy. "My, that sounds very interesting," he murmured, squirming a bit to get more comfortable in the tree.

Mira let a small smile come to her face. "Interesting..." She repeated after she heard his response. "The factions have leaders too. And, I, Mira Sage am the leader of the Reptiles. I was interested in watching what you were doing earlier when we were heading to your work as well as here. You have the making to be pretty good and even enter my faction if you were interested in become a reptile in the near future." It was getting a bit later in the day, which meant that they would probably have to get going back to the city soon.

Enamel took his time to think about the factions. He had always found it hard to make friends and this seemed like the perfect way to get to know people. "So... Is, er, what we do on the rooves illegal or something? How come I've never heard of them before?" he asked her. For some reason, he was finding it hard to believe this girl was telling the truth. After all, he had never met anyone else who actually ran on the rooves of homes and buildings.

Jax takes a deep breath and looks over the towering skyscrapers of his home. He scans the buildings until he faces east with a sigh. "Late for work again." He mutters to himself. He paces backwards to the far end of the rooftop. He crouches down like a track runner ready for a race. "Keeps your eyes on the course" He reminds himself "3, 2, 1" He counts down as his muscular legs tense up in preparation. "Go" He breaks into a quick sprint across the rooftop and leaps across to the next building with an adrenaline fueled whoop. The wind flowing through his hair made him happier than anything. He was flying. He carries his momentum into a roll and keeps it as he comes back into his run. He slides under an air vent and vaults over a fence before launching himself off the edge onto a fire escape across the large gap. He catches himself on the rail and runs up the stairs to the roof. He breaks back into his sprint and eyes the construction site ahead of him. "Same as before." He says before springing as far into the air as his legs could possibly take him. He catches the hook of a crane and swings into a free fall. A large pole is standing from the ground. His gloved hands grab onto it to slow his decent as he falls back down to street level. He looks at his watch. "Not bad time." He says as he jogs across the street to the "Jaded Dragon", A family owned oriental restaurant that he makes a living at. He grabs his apron off a hook and wraps it around his waist as he leans on a table to collect himself before he works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaze Roka

Sun was bright and streets were loud. Kaze and Cirid were still walking through the dark and small alley when Kaze turned back to see how was Cirid doing, he seemed to be right so Kaze only smiled at him before saying "Ok dude… Things are going to get harder". He made a little sprint to the wall before jumping and supporting himself on the wall to wall climb it before grabbing of a window next to him. Then, he turned his head to face the other wall before boosting a jump with flexed knees to reach the dry surface of a small open window which he used as a ledge to stand before looking down to Cirid.

"Aren't you coming?" Kaze called out loud with a smile on his face as he was trying to not fall from the small window's ledge in which he was on.

Tsuri Raino​

"See ya tomorrow I guess" Tsuri laughed as he started walking away with a brief smile on his face as he took off his backpack before taking his headset and a bottle of water out of it , instead of opening it to take a drink of it, he threw it at Jinx before waving his hand as a good bye, then he turned again to the front, placed his headset on his head and put some old school chillstep to get relaxed in his way home. A strong wind was harassing the city, lifting up the sand left from the earlier sandstorm giving the impression of another one coming in the dawning; after all, it's a desert, sandstorms are a day to day thing and most citizens doesn't even seen to care about it.

After a long walk, Tsuri finally reached home, "I'm back!" he screamed out loud to make sure his father hears it. It was late and for sure, so for sure Kondo (Tsuri's father for those that don't know) was hungry, that means that it's time for Tsuri to get into the kitchen and make some dinner for him and Kondo; it took some time, but Tsuri finally finished cooking, like it was night time already he did a light food, just some homemade bread and a little bit of cream cheese. –"Oh Tsuri… As always… delicious, you inherited it from your mother…" Kondo affirmed, he recognized something different in Tsuri's expression… It was… lighter… It seemed less… amused.

@Librarian Cat @ScarletNova

After a long day slaving over a hot stove, Jax hangs up his apron and yells his goodbyes to the owners as he walks out of the restaurant back towards the construction site and climbs up the scaffolding to jump to the fire escape on the building next to it. He lazily makes his way up the fire escape to the roof where his sits down with his feet hanging off the edge to watch the sunset. After a long while he peers across the street and sees Kaze in the alleyway clinging to a window. "who is that?" He asks himself, standing up and climbing back down the fire escape and jogging across the street and looking up to him. "Hello up there!".

Last edited by a moderator:
Mira let out a sigh, "You could say not everyone likes what we do." She replied to him. For that reason, they weren't always known and neither was their art. But, in order to change that, the simplest of things was to get more people to support them and join the groups. She looked up at the sky, seeing the darkness engulf the area more. "We should be getting back. The rain is getting even worse and it's getting quite late."

With Tsuri leaving, Jinx jumped up into the air and made her way through the sky back to her home. When she had gotten there, she went inside, then closed everything up so that no more sand could enter her home as the winds were blowing the free roaming sand around. With it so late, Jinx figured it was best to get to bed, especially since she now had the job of training Tsuri. And with that thought, Jinx went to bed, falling asleep quickly, waiting for the night to pass and morning to come into her room for her to wake up to.

"Hmm..." Enamel sighed, looking around in silence for a while. Why wouldn't anybody like what they did. It wasn't as if they were hurting anyone. It wasn't as if they were trying to keep out of reach from the law. It just felt like freedom to him, and quite possibly many others, too. He nodded at her words, squinting up into the clouds above. "It is... Perhaps we should keep to the ground, too. Wet weather and the rooves do not work. I found that out that hard way."