Shadow's Edge

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessamine nodded and followed him into the car. She put her blades on the floor in front of her and leaned back after putting on her seat belt. A lot had happened and a lot was going to happen she was sure of it, how were they going to handle it all. She didn't know but she was going to find out. As long as Nathanial stayed with it and didn't leave her she felt they might be able to accomplish something. Perhaps another few days of research might do it but somehow she doubted it.

She remained silent on the way back not sure what to say. Her mind was going a million miles an hour and it wouldn't leave her be. It wasn't until they reached the dorm again did she ask. "Any movie in particular you want to watch. I'm open to anything really."

Nathanial smiled, getting out of the car and heading with Jessamine up to the dorm room. "No. Not really..." he put his keys on the shelf and then went to his room. "Ill be right back. I'm changing into sweats." He wasn't sure why he said that or told her that, but he didn't care.

After changing into the more comfortable sweats, he moved to plop onto his couch. "Go ahead and choose something."

"Ok." Jessamine said wondering why he mentioned that. She went to the room she'd taken residence in and changed herself; grateful to be out of those clothes. For a moment she looked through her options before deciding to wear her black yoga pants with the flare at the bottom, to her the most comfortable pants on the planet, and a John Lennon T shirt.

She walked out but had something in her hand. "Mind if we watch a bit of Mel Brooks? I have some of his movies if you're in the mood for a good laugh."

Nathanial smiled and nodded. "Please, go ahead." He leaned his head back, feeling a soreness and ache creep into his bones. He winced, reaching up and rubbing his neck, surprised when he felt what he thought were claw marks.

"So whatss the movie?"

"Just a new spin on an old tale." She said keeping the movie hidden until it was put in the player. The trailers went buy and soon the main screen lit up with Robin Hood: Men in Tights. "This is one of my favorite Mel Brooks movies. I have Young Frankenstein, The Princess Bride, and Spaceballs with me. I brought my collection of movies because I didn't want my aunt and uncle to try and confiscate them." She said remembering the last time she had left them all for some reason. To keep them mobile she put them in one of those CD travel cases. It was small enough to be easy to bring a long but big enough to hold all her DVD's.

Nathanial grinned, amused. "I love these types of movies. One of my favorites is The Princess Bride." He chuckled, trying to hide his discomfort from her. "Rodents of unusual size...ahhh"

She took a seat on the couch beside him and relaxed not noticing the discomfort he felt. "I like that one too. It's basically a tie with this one." She said a smile on her face.

"Do you want popcorn?" Nathanial jumped to his feet, heading to the kitchen. "Or tea?"

"Both." She said with a smile. Part of her wondered if he was avoiding her for some reason by the way he'd gotten up so fast. "Do you need any help?"

Nathanial shook his head. "Nope! I got it!" He took his time cooking the popcorn and getting the water boiling for the hot tea. While he waited he went to his room, changing shirts and struggling when he saw the scratches on his back. He paled but pulled on the white t-shirt....the only one he had left...and moved back to the kitchen.

She watched him walk from the kitchen to his room wondering what could be going on with him. Getting up she was about to ask when he went back into the kitchen again. Instead of meekly going back and sitting down she went into the kitchen and asked. "What's up?" She saw how pale he was and walked over. "Are you feeling alright?" She asked lightly touching his back.

Nathanial yelped as Jessamine touched his back and he nodded. "I'm fine...here. Popcorn." He shoved the bowl into his arms before he moved to get the whistling tea pot off of the stove.

Jessamine nearly dropped the popcorn when she was handed it because of his yelp. "You are not fine." She said blinking a few times. There had been a slight flash when she touched his back before he'd pulled away. She couldn't put her finger on it but that wasn't good. "It scratched you didn't it? Why didn't you tell me?" She asked feeling very concerned. They had no idea what it meant or if it would do anything to him.

Nathanial looked guilty but he shrugged as he prepared the tea. "I'm fine. 'Tis but a flesh wound!" He joked, moving to grab his mug and then hers. "Let's go sit down." He moved to the living area and he plopped onto the couch.

Jessamine just rolled her eyes and followed him out. "You really are stubborn aren't you?" She said more as a comment than a question as she plopped down beside him. She took some of the popcorn and ate it handing the bowel to him after he'd set the tea down. Though she put on a brave face she was worried. What if something bad happened? She didn't want to think about it but couldn't help it. She turned to the screen and started the movie. There was no move from her to turn off the lights, she didn't think she could take that right then.

Nathanial sat in silence, zoning in and out. The dark now scared him....the quiet even more. He handed her the popcorn, only eating a handful before he felt himself sick at his stomach. He had almost died. That he knew for a fact. He leaned back against the couch, closing his eyes with a large sigh as he did so.

Her eyes drifted to him. She'd almost lost a friend, it was closer to home how quickly things could change. Setting the popcorn down she took her tea and let the fragrant drink take her someplace nice for just an instant before reality came back to punch her in the gut. She was beginning to feel a little tired. Setting the cup down she leaned against the couch beside him her eyes attempting to focus on the movie playing before her. They felt heavy and slowly drifted closed. In her mind she saw it, that thing than nearly killed her friend. It looked wounded and angry. She'd hurt it somehow. As quietly as she could it seemed like she crept closer to it. Her hand reached out but touched only glass. She wondered why that was there.

Her body had gotten up from the couch and moved to the window, much like she had when she tried to get out of the room. Touching the glass she saw things flash in her mind. The image of that thing was gone. There was a hazy clock, much like the one in front of the dining hall on campus, set for six and a pretty blonde girl. It was dark and she was on her own. Her friends had left before her. She didn't think it was for that day since there were storm clouds above.

Nathanial had dozed. waking when he felt a shift from Jessamine's side of the couch. He frowned, standing and moving towards her. "What is it?" He asked, feeling nervous. The claw marks on his back suddenly burned and he grunted in pain. "Is it hunting?" He asked, putting a hand on Jessamine's arm. He felt his vision fade as the intensity in the burn only became stronger.

"No, not now. It's angry." She replied her voice not coming out like normal. Her closed eyes turned to Nathanial. "It's angry and hurting. It wants to hurt another." Turning to face him she put one hand on his chest. "It wants to hurt the one it could not eat and the one that stopped it from eating." She said wrapping her arms around him again the black flame starting to spread. "I hope this will help."

Nathanial grunted, closing his eyes as he swayed. "Couch..." he whisppered, worried his knees might give out. The room was spinning as the pain lashed him and he shivered in her arms when the fire wrapped around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.