Shadow's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessamine held on feeling herself get lighter as well. Looking down she noticed the black on her legs slowly start to fade and disappear. The feeling of nausea and pain soon left her and she was getting back to her old self. "I think I'm alright." She said when they were further away. "That was…strange." She said looking back at the tree.

"I had flashes I couldn't process and I'd get a feeling about something before it being completely erased and replaced by another. I don't think any good happened around that tree." She paused and thought a moment. "Do you know of any legends that could be surrounding it or if there is something connecting the rumors about the campus and this place?" So much for her wanting to get away from it all.

A small smile touched her face. "On second thought, lets worry about that later." She said letting out a long breath. "Anywhere else you want to go?"

Nathanial stood at the edge of the water, still holding her in his arms and trying to process everything. "Give me a few minutes. My brain is trying to play catch-up..." He frowned, closing his eyes.

"No legends I know of...I really am afraid to research that thing..."

Her smile faded. He hadn't heard her but she didn't blame him. It was a lot to process and she'd spoken so fast. "I don't know if I want to either." She said feeling strangely comfortable where she was. "You can put me down if you like, I think I can stand." She said her mind both trying to forget what she saw and process it all at once.

He shook his head as he sighed. "What?" He seemed to notice he was still holding her and he set her down gently. "Well, today has been .....wonderful..."

She smiled and silently thanked him for carrying her. At his comment she shrugged. "I thought it was until…" She didn't want to say it since she was sure he knew.

"Why don't we do something else then? There might be other places to explore or we could just wonder around town for a bit." She said. Normally she was either open and honest about everything or if she was trying to lift someone's spirits she would push all her problems down and wait for a better time to talk about them.

Nathanial laughed. "It was great until the tree...yes, I know..." He stretched, hearing his back pop a few times as he did so. "Why don't we find somewhere to hang around town?"

"We might want to change before we do." She said laughing with him. Shaking her head there was a slight glint in her eye. Jumping into the water close to where they'd come from she said, "Race you to the other side." And started off before him. Might as well make it fun even though she would probably loose. That wasn't going to stop her from trying anyway.

Nathanial jumped in the water, racing after her more slowly than he had the first time. He allowed her to win and then climbed out of the water to stand on the other side. "Ah...you beat me..."

"Yes victory is mine." She said when she reached the shore both fists up in the air. She knew he'd let her win but she wasn't going to call him out on it. Climbing out herself she pulled her long hair around and squeezed it. A lot of water came out. One of the drawbacks of having long thick hair, it carried a lot of water in it. Thankfully she could also squeeze it out like a rag…mostly. Keeping her shoes off she waited until Nathanial was ready and began the walk back.

Nathanial shook himself, laughing as water sprayed everywhere. He then slipped on his t-shirt and shoes before moving to stand by Jessamine. "You ready? We can head by my apartment and get cleaned up real quick...it's supposed to get chilly so a hot shower would do us both some good."

"That sounds like a plan to me." She said letting out a long breath. All that work and she was a little tired but a little coffee pick me up was just what she needed. Taking her mug she popped the stopper and took a long swig. The coffee was still mostly hot. That was one good travel mug.

"Same route or should we head the other direction? I don't know where it comes out exactly but I think the trail is a little easier to navigate."

"Whichever one you choose, I just want to get home and change." He put a hand in his jean loops and tugged his pants up. He had to keep his fingers in the loops to prevent the pants from falling down. "I guess I need clean pants...these are waterlogged now..." He laughed, his shoes beginning to make squelching sounds.

"The way we came is shorter." She said deciding to go that way instead. She didn't want him to lose his pants along the way. "It shouldn't take us long now that we know what handholds to use and where to put our feet. It's better on the way up than on the way down." She said and took the lead.

Nathanial followed eagerly, running a hand through his soaked hair with a chuckle. "Thank you for sparing me..." He climbed up after her, glad when they finally reached his dorm room.

She smiled and made her way up making sure to allow for Nathanial to be able to keep up. Without her shoes she was doing a whole lot better. She was always better without shoes.

"You can take a shower first. I don't think it will take as long as if I were to go first." She said more because of her hair. She was pretty good at fast showers but they were still slower than if she would have had shorter hair.

Nathanial nodded, heading into the bathroom and jumping in to the shower. It only took a few minutes before he was out in dry clothes and heading back into the living room. "Hop into the shower and I will make some hot tea!"

She was already gathering things for her own shower. It wasn't a lot just enough to get by. Peeking her head out of her bedroom she nodded. "Thanks. It shouldn't take me too long." She said hoping her hair would cooperate.

Nathanial shrugged. "Take all the time you need..." he set the tea pot on the stove and finished drying his hair with a towel. Moving to the fridge, he found a container of strawberries. "Yum..."

She took less time than she thought though her hair was quite bothersome and she knew it would take a while to dry even if she used her hairdryer; which she opted not to do. Taking a towel she had brought with her she continued to dry it as she walked out into the kitchen. The smell of fresh tea filled her nose and she smiled. "Still have some for me?" She asked as she walked toward him.

Nathanial poked his head out of the fridge, strawberry sticking partially out of his mouth. "Mhm." He pointed to the stove where a mug of tea was sitting for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.