Shadow's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
She rolled her eyes at him and took the mug that was sitting by the stove. She took a sip and smiled. "So where do we want to go?" She asked drinking some more before adding. "I only really know of that one place I took us too, that and the smaller woods on the other side of town. I was in a very wooded mood at that time in my life. I love to be outdoors." She said part of it probably having to do with her living out of town.

Nathanial shrugged, pulling out a container of strawberries and munching through them. "Whatevers fine by me..." he mumbled happily.

She smiled and shook her head. "Why don't we just wonder. There might be a place we discover as we go." She said watching him munch away. She loved strawberries but she was all strawberried out. There were a lot of them last year and this year didn't seem like they were going to be calming down. "We could start in town and just work our way somewhere. I don't know where but we could pick a direction and just go."

"Book store?" Nathanial mumbled as he stuffed another strawberry in his mouth. He put the container away and moved to plop on the couch.

"Sure, book store might be fun. Are there a lot around here?" She asked still trying desperately to dry her hair. She let out a sigh. "I might need to use the hairdryer." She mumbled wishing she didn't as she saw him plop on the couch.

Nathanial shrugged. "Okay. Go ahead if you need to..." he shoved the last strawberry in his mouth, almost choking on it.

"I shouldn't take long." She said as she walked toward her room. Her attention quickly turned toward him as she heard him start to choke. She was going to head back but when she saw he was alright she continued to move away. As quickly as she could she plugged it in and began to dry her hair. It wasn't completely done by the time she gave up on it but it was good enough to walk around and not feel like she had a weight on her head.

"Finally." She said coming out of her bedroom. "I'm ready to go whenever you are."

Nathanial stood, smiling at her. "Okay...we can walk across campus if you'd like. There's a barnes and nobles over that way." He pulled on a jacket and then some shoes.

She just threw on a light sweater and nodded. "Sounds like fun." She said putting on a pair of slip-ons instead of her Convers. "Like to read a lot? I don't really have much of a book collections since…" she didn't finish the rest of the sentence. She was going to say 'it doesn't blot out the arguing' but she wasn't going to go into that.

"Think we might be able to find something interesting?" She asked part of her wondering if they were going mainly for research some more. The thought of that thing still being out there made her skin crawl. It frightened her how easily it had gotten close to them and how it knew who they were.

The creature stayed in its home. It was going to wait till night to try something again. It had to sink it's teeth into something soon. The souls it'd consumed were not enough. It needed more, stronger souls to keep it feed. It thought it'd found them but it was wrong. Tonight, it would find someone tonight.

Nathanial grinned. "I love books. I've contributed to my mom's library so much. She says I'm a book hoarder." He geabbed her hand and tugged her along with a large smile.

"If I find a good one I keep it with me, the rest seem to vanish from my existence quicker than I would like." She admitted feeling slightly sheepish because of it. She didn't envy book people but she didn't hate them either. She just wasn't completely one of them. Perhaps if she had a place of her own she might be one day.

When he grabbed her hand she smiled back shaking her head slightly. She loved his attitude and his optimism. It was remarkable but she was glad he was 'human' also. There was none of that bravado but there was some of that 'mother hen' she'd mentioned before.

"Looking for anything specific this trip or just for fun." She nudged him a little. "Going to expand that giant library of yours?" She teased politely.

Nathanial beamed and he chuckled. "I already have all of the classics...I want something new...something I can sink my teeth into." He tugged her and pulled her down the stairs after locking up his dorm.

"There's bound to be plenty of those." She said laughing as she was pulled along. They were not that far from the bookstore and she was surprised they were that close. She guessed it had something to do with the college but normally she would have expected it to be more around shopping areas. Unless they sold text books to.

She followed him in and paused. It was strange territory and from what she was seeing she was glad she came. They even had a little shop in there that sold bagels, and coffee. She was in heaven. "I'm going to go grab some coffee, and maybe a muffin. They don't even look that expensive." She said giving him room to look for that perfect book. There were chairs, a movie section, a music section. This was the biggest bookstore she'd ever seen.

Nathanial was distracted, already chasing after a book. He was rushing through aisle after aisle in seach of a book.

She watched him go from one aisle to the next and smiled. He really was into books. Her eyes scanned each one herself and she found she was interested in a certain section. Walking toward the help desk she asked them a few questions and followed their instructions. She was looking for some of the titles that were at the library, well ones that were similar. She had lied and said it was for a class and she wanted to do a bit of early reading.

Nathanial stopped when he reached the fantasy section. He grinned and picked up a few of Anne McCaffrey as well as Margaret Weiss and made his way to find Jessamine.

Balancing her coffee in one hand and her books in the other she made it to the front desk. Her muffin was waiting for her in a bag at her side. She looked around to see if Nathanial was coming back or not and smiled at him when she spotted him. There were only a few in her selection and she'd partially wanted to hide them but that wouldn't have done any good.

"Ma'am, this everything for you today?"

"Ah, yeah that's it." She gave the cashier her money and smiled politely when she was given her bags.

"Good luck with your research."

"Sure. Thanks." She said and went to meet with Nathanial. "Find everything you want?" She asked looking at his selection.

Nathanial peeked at her from around his pile of books and smiled. "yup." He walked over to the counter, paying quickly and then taking the bags he was handed. "Ready?" He tried to peek into her bag to see what she had found.

"You'll see later." She said slyly hiding the contents of her bag as best she could while giving him a 'promise' sort of look. She was teasing slightly but also she didn't want him to see it while they were there. She didn't want to know what his expression might be while they were in public. "Where to next? My ideas are limited to what I showed you before." She said taking a sip of her coffee. It was still too hot even after she'd told them to cool it down a bit. Oh well.

Nathanial shook his head with a grin. "You just don't want to show me because you're hiding a dirty book." He laughed, moving to walk out the door. "Let's go to the store down the road..."

Status
Not open for further replies.