Shadow's Edge

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Call of Duty sounds like fun. Maybe a little Halo after?" She asked smiling taking a game controller. "Never played Halo much but Call of Duty is one of my favorites." She added taking a seat on the couch. "Need any help with anything?"

Nathanial shook his head. "Naw. I got it...just sit back and prepare for a butt whooping." He grinned, switching out discs so that Call of Duty was first. "This is gonna be fun..." he moved to sit on the couch beside her, turning on his controller so that he could be first player.

She turned on hers right after. A smile on her face. She'd played this game…a lot…since she got it. "Indeed." She said then asked, "Want to go free for all or should we do a team at some point? I can do anything really I Love this game."

Nathanial laughed. "Ah...a girl after my own heart...yeah let's join a free for all and then a team game." He set up the match and then got them into it.

Not much into online gaming but she held her own. It was exciting, especially since she could melee in this one. There were a few games she had back home that were shooting games yes...but no melee. It made her sad. "Look out." She said when they finally reached the team game. She'd placed second only to him in the free for all. He was pretty hard to kill. She got the man trying to kill Nathaniel in the game and went back to her own killing spree of doom.

Nathanial laughed. "Thanks for that one. I almost died." He happily ran around, making quick work of the other team. A shift came over him and he felt a little angry. "So, want to put this up and...I don't know...study or something?"

She followed closely killing as many as she could. The little shift made her wonder what was up. "Sure. We could study." She didn't know if he brought some of those books with her or not. If he did she didn't know where he put them or if that was even allowed. Then again they did have the internet.

Nathanial was quick to turn off the system, then he moved to stand and stretch. "So I've got a few textbooks in my room we can go over. We share American Lit and I'm sure we probably have other similar classes..."

"There is no homework yet, and there is no classes for awhile." She said wondering what this was all about. "We could study but we don't really know what we should be studying for." She set the controller down and followed him off the couch. "We could just try something else, like a board game." She said shrugging slightly.

"True. I'm sorry I'm just feeling restless..." Nathanial shrugged and then sighed. His stomach growled and he laughed as he reached for another slice of pizza and easily devourred it.

"I wouldn't have guessed." She said teasing slightly. Grabbing another piece herself she ate it pretty quickly. "Should we just head for bed then or do you want to try doing something else?" She didn't know what but a game or something might be nice.

"How about a board game? Or I don't know..." Nathanialshrugged, sitting on the couch once again. "I normally would go skating but I'm not sure how you would feel about that."

"I'm no good at skating but I can rollerblade. If you wanted a good laugh I could try it out though." She said with a smile on her face. She was trying to lighten his spirits. They needed to keep each other up or this whole ordeal might swallow them whole…at least that's what she thought about herself.

Nathanial smiled softly. "You can't roller skate? That's a surprise..." he laughed and then nodded. "I would love to go out and skate if possible?" He was starting to feel very depressed about the new situation he was faced with.

"There's just something about the four wheels that just mess me up." She said smiling slightly with a shrug. "Yeah we can. I'll grab my blades and follow you out. I don't know all the best spots and besides, better to be with someone than alone."

Nathanial smiled and slipped his sneakers back on. "Thanks." He waited patiently for her and then they made their way towards his car.

Grabbing her blades she followed after him slipping her own shoes on with a little more difficulty. Converse could be a pain when trying to go anywhere quickly but she loved them. She had her blades over her shoulder as she walked setting them on the floor once she was in the car. "Will it take a while to get there or is it close?" She asked turning to face him.

"To be honest I thought we were just going to go from the dorm to wherever. Is it because the college doesn't allow any form of wheels besides a car or a bike on campus. I'd heard of places doing that but I didn't really believe it."

Nathanial nodded. "Yeah they're really picky about that..." he backed the car out of the parking lot and off of campus. He continued to drive until they reached a skating rink. "Finally. Time for a work out"

She nodded. It slightly bugged her at how picky places could be about that. She didn't understand it but she eventually shrugged it off because there was nothing she could do about it anyway. "This should be fun." She said as he pulled into the parking lot and took an open space. Getting out when the car was done she followed his lead because she wasn't sure what the rules were as far as getting ready.

"Never been to one of these before. It should be quite the experience." She said noting the different ramps her smile widening.

Nathanial pulled into the parking lot and got out of his car. "Yeah, I'm gonna hit the rink instead of the ramps though.." he grinned over at Jessamine. "Wanna join me?"

Status
Not open for further replies.