Shadow Runners (OOC/Open)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Re: Shadow Runners

Shush Hades. That will never happen. NEVER! Do you hear me? NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....................

And yes. We are accepting new people. For now anyway. Just run by your ideas first before you make a CS.

I like that the first time I made this thread nobody wanted to come.... and now everyone wants to. :D

Well that is where i would need some input, my idea was for a werewolf hunter sort of based on Thugboy from Empowered, if anyone reads it, to put it into so many words basically a street thug with weapons who does what he needs to to make the world a better place, in this case hunt monsters. I see him as a pure mortal just a marksmen, so squishy mortal with big guns. Only issue is is that i am unsure how to fit him into the group, and i need to read the thread to catch up to what you guys are doing.

We're basically a bunch of misfits who are born as Runners(so you couldn't be a regular Human but Runners are mortals in an essence) that banded together to help keep the Paranormal creatures in line.

awww bollox So some type of supernatural bend it somewhat required? is it limited to the monsters you have listed? and sorry if i missed it in the thread if you explained it!

Noo. A Runner is a different breed of humans. They are not very different but they have the Sight which allows them to see the Supernatural creatures. Some of us are half-breeds of supernaturals but you don't have to be. Runners are also usually stronger and faster with better reflexes than humans and have heightened senses as well.

ok ok i get it now! sorry for all the questions! with your blessing on my gunman concept though i would like to post my sheet if that is alright.

Name: Benjamin 'Kreig' Miles

Appearance: Tall and intimidating, looking very much like what the quintessential military or special forces man would look like despite the fact that he never served. His family had adopted a military approach to their hunting habits and thus it has rubbed off on him. His boots are shined and his pants are pressed with a simple brown shirt and an old field jacket over top of it almost making people mistake him for a biker thug at first glance. His brown hair is cropped short with grey creeping in around the edges He tends to wear a simple Slouch Hat with the left side folded up to keep it covered however His face is kindly with crowfeet around his bright blue eyes giving him a weathered look.

Specialty: werewolves

Role: Sniper support and elder influence.

Choice Weapon: M14 Carbine for most things but a Koren war era Boys anti-tank rifle in case of extremely long range shooting or hardened target.

Special Talents: Shooting expert and experienced sniper. Vast knowledge of most supernatural creatures due to long career.

It looks great Krolik! But do you really want to be that old? I don't have anything against it but I think it would make more sense if he was younger.

And yup! Just run a character idea by me first.

My character is a human who becomes possesed by a demon every now and then. Hopefully he will learn to control the demon but otherwise idk. But yeah . . .right now Nograd is sending out power to attract attention.

i made him that old because i noticed no one had anyone that old. I did it because it means that he has experience that the others do not, he is not a front-line fighter he is a sniper and a supernatural encyclopedia. I mean if it makes more sense in the story i can lower his age but i wanted to have that concept of an elder fighter.

Krolik,

Supernatural encyclopedias are pretty much very very welcome.
One thing though, always post here in the OOC any 'rules' to kill our enemies or info about them, and if there is something you wish to keep for your character, specify as well.

For example, lets say there is this special type of demon. Your character knows a special, better way to defeat it. So you come here, explain in one or two lines how is this demon, and also in a few words, explain your character's plan (that our characters are not meant to know).

''This is a Barbie demon. It's immune to magic. Kreig is the only one that knows how to defeat them fast and for good; just pierce their hearts with a Ken doll''

(yeah you get the point)

That way we avoid someone in character so suddenly say ''Oh yes. I'll bring my Ken-doll-crossbow'' or, '' He hurled a massive fireball, and the demon pulverized''.

Finally, we do have oldies. Uncle Bob is one, he specializes in demon hunting. It's Hades secondary character.

N it's meant to be older than all of us, but heshe chooses to appear like a 16-yrold-boy. That's Enou's.

Fabius, my half-vamp, is at least like a hundred years olde, but appears around his twenties.

Personally I welcome the age you chose for your character. I think it gives variety to the team, visually I mean.

Should have specified about elder human char, and i really passed over bob i did not see anyone with that name when i was looking over the char sheets in this thread so i apologize. Also i will keep it in mind, i figure my guy will only real know a vast amount about werewolf their hunting habits, signs of attacks, etc but less about other types of supernatural baddies. I will keep what you say in mind however.

so am i OK to post when i find a spot to do so?

Also do basic rules of supernatural goodness apply? you know silver and salt hurt most things blessed by a priest makes it more so and things like gopher hoo-doo for wards or salt lines and.... yeah i watch too much supernatural >_< and i just found a lot of the stuff you guys posted... now i feel like an idiot >_<

LOL don't feel like an idiot! Plus, Werenite is oh so subtly hinting at my random outburst of demon slaying. ;) Still sorry about that guys! I had a newbie moment. And yes. You should definitely post whenever you can. I was just commenting on the age because I want to make sure that you're character is strong and not getting weaker with age. But, again, Werenite is right. Age brings good texture.

Just to reiterate, everything in the IC must be written in the third person, past tense. So, Krolik, if you can just edit your post to fix that? And make sure that when anyone posts, it must be more than a paragraph. Make your posts as detailed as you can so that the readers will have a good sense of what it looks like, how the character feels, etc. Also, pleaaasee use correct grammar and punctuation. :D Everybody has been pretty good with it. I just wanted to make sure you all knew.

i thought i did... and you said over 150 words earlier so i kept over that limit...

Nooo you did! I'm just saying in general! The only you needed to change was the past tense lol Other than that it was good.

argh past tense my foe...we meet again! i think i got it working however, well save the dialogue which i assume can be kept in the present

Sorry! I know where you're coming from. I've been writing a book so whenever I come on here I have to switch the way I think. It's just easier since that's what most people seem to do.

i totally understand! as i said i think i got it all in order, i will remember that for when i post again.

Hey hey.

It's coming up good so far, don't desperate.
Also,
I was not hinting at your demonslaying.
It was a group mistake. I include myself in it. I did not tell anybody, you slayed it, someone else said it was gone (me?), other said it was not, that the snake could re-attach itseif, that the demon this and that and with salt and cooked from both sides.
Which looks sort of ridiculous, having 'experts' aguing about basic stuff right on the first page of the IC.
Since it seemed bound to happen again, I suggested to make 'rules' down here in the OOC.
That's all.

Love. Peace. See y'all!