Set Sail to the Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellen smirked at Ashlyn, watching the brawl.
"I think I can manage." She said, her eyes sparkling with that mischief unique to fairies. She dodged left and right, throwing a punch or two when necessary. "This is fun, ain't it Captain?" She chuckled.

The Siren dodged another punch as she turned to look over at the fairy. Ashlyn herself hadn't thrown any punches yet, just kind of moved out of the way, or ducked behind someone. She was watching the brawl, trying to pick out any inhumans from the mass of flying limbs. She smirked over at Ellen.

"It sure ain't boring." She responded before jumping up to grab a rafter and pull herself up as a pile of bodies started to roll towards her. After the bodies passed, she let herself drop back down to her feet. "But we need to find crew." She reminded the quartermaster before ducking through the crowd again towards someone with an unhuman feel tot hem.

After Scrubz walked around the deck making sure everything is ship shape for their journey. He decided to climb up to the crow's nest to make sure everything up there was fine. As he reached the top, still everything was fine he just stood up there looking out towards the sea. Scrubz was glad to be back on the ocean, he does miss his ship and he wonders how's she's doing but he knows she'll be fine. Scrubz just stayed up at the crow's nest admiring the view. He still hasn't picked out his room yet but he hardly slept as it was so it wasn't highly on his list to sort out. "It will still be there when I find it" He thought.

When he had completed putting his quarters in order Trilk decided it would be advantageous to get a feel for at least the general layout of the ship before they set sail, and so closing the door behind him Trilk exited his cabin and made his way on deck.

It seemed a bit empty with the crew currently comprised of main only officers, but, he supposed, his new captain would soon remedy that. If he understood the matter correctly she had gone into town in order to find a few more men, or woman, or beings as the case may be. It was then that he noticed someone up in the crow's next and deciding that now was as good a time as any to get to know his new crew members Trilk made his way over to the foot of the mast upon which the crow's nest was situated and called up to whoever it was who was at the top.

"Hello, is it alright If I join thee up there?" it was only polite to ask, after all the person at the top might want to be left alone, and besides, for all he knew it was the elf.

Although the fight itself was quite amusing, A large mass of bodies inflicting pain upon each other, it lacked the sort of flair he desired. No one has yet broke open a bottle spilled another man's guts. Not even a chair has been lifted up and used to bash into someone skull. Unim sighed. At least it was interesting to see Ellen and the Captain fight. They were quick, especially Ellen. His fairy body allowed such lithe movements around the place. He always wondered what was composed within the flesh of the fae. Is it true their muscles are entwined with tree roots or even flowers. Such thoughts seems like nonsense but he had seen some strange creatures before and magic can do wondrous things. Unim wonders what he would give to have a chance to examine one closely. After a few more downed brawlers, Unim decided to leave. The Captain seemed to be finished anyway. He tried to walk out as quietly as he can, but a brute bumped into his back. "Yerr gettin in mah way," the man drawled in his drunken frenzy. He swung at Unim with his large fists. Unim calmly caught it. "Did you know there is a way to amplify pain simply by pressing on certain nervous points on the body? It is quite simple. You just..." Unim pressed his finger on the mans arm and proceeded to twist it. After a audible pop, he let go. The brute at first laughed, but then his face changed into one of enduring suffering. The large man simply fell down and began wailing. Unim walked out without another word. The noise in the room was amplified by a pained scream.

Unim smiled, "Such an excellent tenor. He should begin a singing career at once."

He headed back to the ship and saw the Fae, Trilk, staring straight up. He followed his gaze and saw someone up in the crow's nest. He blinked a few times and his eyesight became clearer. Faint wisps of magic flowed out. It was that vampire, Scrubz. How wonderful! I would love to ask those two a few questions. He returned to his original eyesight greeted Trilk, "Greetings, Trilk. Did you want to speak with the Vampire up top? Lets both do so. It would be such a delight. We have to discuss the journey after all."

As Scrubz was looking out to the sea he heard and felt someone coming up to the crows nest. He wasn't surprised when one of the crew came up and spoke. Scrubz did hear the bells and thought it was the fae. When the fae spoke he turned round and he was right it was the fae.

"Yea come on up dude, just admiring the view. Trilk isn't it?" He asked. Scrubz dug into his cape and pulled out two bottles One said Scrubzy's and the other was blank. He took a drink from his Scrubzy bottle and placed it away."Nice ship isn't it, how's your room?" He then took a gulp out the other bottle and handed it out to the fae "Whiskey?"

It didn't take long for Kaia to find her cabin, upon opening her door she smiled it was done just how she liked it she had wall space for some of her weapons and there was two sizeable chest's were the rest of her weapons would fit quite happily.
Placing her clothing bag on the small bed in the corner of the room she opened it and started to put her few items of clothing away, and the she put her weapons away.
Once done she took stock of her room "well there we go everything in it's place and a place for everything."
Kaia walked out of her room and closed the door "right time to go and see who's around." With that she headed of to the top deck.

Trilk blinked at the doctor, he really was a very amusing man . . . for a human, but his manners left something to be desired. Realizing that no matter how he responded, Unim had every intention of climbing to the top regardless of whether his presence was desired of not, Trilk simply shook his head with a smile causing his bells to chime slightly, took hold of the ladder, and began the climb. There was nothing for it really. "Impertinent youth," he muttered under his breath not really caring if Unim heard the comment or not.

Fortunately Scrubz responded with a welcome when they reached the top. "Yeah come on up dude, just admiring the view. Trilk isn't it?" Trilk nodded and moved around to the opposite side of the crow's nest from the ladder to make room for the human. He wondered briefly if the doctor knew what he was getting himself into coming into a confined place containing two beings centuries older than him, one with a long history of reasons to hate humanity, and the other required to use the blood of that race to survive. Not that either of them would be able to hurt the man with their captain's spell in effect, if he was right about what it did. Truth be told Trilk was finding he actually kind of liked Unim. He did not, however, let any of his thoughts cross his expression.

"Nice ship isn't it, how's your room?" Scrubz asked taking a drink out of a bottle and passing it over, "Whiskey?"

"Thou has my thanks," Trilk answered taking the bottle, and taking a drink before offering it to Unim. "And my room is perfectly satisfactory. It can not, however, compare to this view." And with a gloved hand he gave a grand sweeping gesture that seemed to take in the vast sparkling ocean on one side and the docks and town sprawled out on the other. "If the town weren't there it might remind me of home."

As Kaia walked out on to the top deck she could see there were a few of the crew up in the crows nest I'am not going up there it's already over crowded I think i'll go and stand on the bow , Kaia thought as she walked over to the bow of the vessel. Having always enjoyed watching water this was the best place for her to be. To her it was soothing even with the demon inside of her, Mind you with have lived a long time together now she thought as she remembered why and what had happened for her to be stuck with the Demon of defeat in the first place.

Coming back from getting some food supplies Cerno went to the kitchen area to put away the food before heading to his room, once he finished putting the food away he began to go back up on deck and saw that the captain was still out and about. Giving a shrug to himself he figured he would take the chance while the ship wasn't moving to take a nap, he wasn't sure if he would be getting a lot of it later. Once in his room Cerno flopped himself on his bed and fell asleep with his leg hanging off the side.

[[Prepare yourselves for a time skip]]

A couple hours later, with a crew of fifty aboard, some human, some not. Ashlyn stretched her hands over her head. It was late, or early, depending on how one looked at it. After they'd gotten back, crew in tow, it had taken a while to get all of the new sailors settled in. Now they were sleeping. She hadn't a clue where all of the main men, or woman, in some cases, had disappeared to. She remembered seeing some of them briefly as Ellen and she ushered the now sleeping ones onto the ship. But after that, there was a blur of faces. The Siren glanced at the brightening horizon. Was anyone even awake right yet?

Scrubz didn't sleep in those few hours, he had a nice chat with some of the crew and he eventually went and seen his room. It was very simple room, bed, chest and plenty of floor space, just what he wanted. He rarely slept as it was and he went back on the deck and walked over to the helm. Standing at the wheel he placed his hands on it and looked out at sea once again. It wasn't long before he saw the Captain and the rest of the crew coming on board he thought to himself *So many faces I have trouble remember people's names as it is*. Scrubz gets there in the end but he's not as bad as he thinks he is. Scrubz waved at the Captain "Looks like it went well Captain"

Kaia had stood staring out to sea for who knew how long in her own world, it wasn't until she heard a lot of noise coming from behind her that she turned around and saw the new crew members great this is going to be fun at least with other non humans they understood her problem but humans normally liked to try their luck she thought win win wipered a small voice in her head with an internal sigh she told it to shut up and go to sleep.
Kaia saw the Vampire at the wheel and the Captain so she slowly walked up o them "Hey, so are we nearly set?" she said with a grin.

Oh how quickly time has passed. The dark hours of the night didn't bother Unim. He was used to the darkness. Sleep has often evaded him. There was just too much to do. He had seen most of the crew. They were quite fine specimens, even the normal human ones. Unim wondered if it would be too much to perform a physical checkup for each one of them. He shook the idea away. I trust the captain to choose wisely. Obviously no one one walked on board that is visibly ill or unfit. But how wondrous it would be to examine everyone, especially those nonhumans. He shuddered in delight. Unim had to wait. There is a time for everything. The delayed gratification would be much better. The wait would be bearable. Unim decided to head up. No need being cramped in his room without a body to work on. All this waiting will rot my mind away. Above he saw three people. He smiled. A lovely night for a chat.

Ashlyn glanced up then over at the vampire before she inclined her had in agreement.
"Aye it did." She called back before she leaned against the railing on which she stood near. She rolled her shoulders back, to stretch them. As Kaia spoke, the siren turned to look at her. She nodded with a small smile. "I'll do a final head check in a few moments to see if anyone deserted or decided they didn't want to go on an adventure after all." She explained. She had a feeling the elf had already taken off. And in the blur of bodies she thought she remembered their werewolf friend saying something about a family crisis. The captains eyes jumped to see the good? doctor.

Kaia smiled and nodded to her Captain "Yes I understand some people just have to many other things in their lives but I will say this now I can't wait to get started" Kaia really needed this to prove to herself that she could control her demon to an extent. As Kaia heard the doctor she turned to face him "Yes it is indeed a lovely night for a chat" Kaia wasn't to sure about this doctor something just seemed off with him, but she was sure everything would workout in the end well she could hope.

Scrubz agreed "Yes it is nice for a chat". Scrubz finds a nice spot on the ground so he can lean on the wheel. Out of his cape he pulled out 2 bottles. He offers one bottle around "Whiskey?"

Unim smiled in polite refusal. "Sadly I do not partake. But please drink to your own merriment." He looked directly at the captain. "I've been wondering about the current state of the trip. Are we ready to leave soon? I'm just so eager to begin." His hands clasps together in anticipation.

Trilk was usually one who slept soundly through the dark of the night, but this evening, or morning as the case may be, he had left his window open, and the voices from outside slipped into his dreams. Realizing that what he was hearing was a conversation being carried out by his new crew mates and the captain, he groggily rolled out of bed, shoved his feet into his boots and made his way out of the cabin in only his shirtsleeves. Only in the last seconds did he think to grab his gloves, and his hair was still braided for sleep minus the bells, but as he was only half awake it hardly mattered.

Still dozing slightly he made his way up to the deck and over to the helm where he blinked blearily at everyone present.

"Good day Trilk" Kaia said as she saw the sleepy eyes looking at them "I hope you slept ok and we didn't wake? but if we did sorry" She said with a genuine smile. She couldn't help but wonder where his bells had gone from his hair but thought no more off it as she continued to lean on the side as to be out of everyones way.

Status
Not open for further replies.