Set Sail to the Seven

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving one last yawn Cerno saw the captain, deciding to get a start on the day he walked over towards her "Good morning captain." he said giving her a smile. Thinking to himself he figured he'd see if she had anything planned yet for today.

"Thats odd," Unim looked closely at the muscle tissue. He poked at it with his knife and severed several nerve endings. "I don't remember doing that. Hmmmm. Quite interesting though." He ventured deeper into the arm and found what he wanted. His eyes lit up. "Snip snip snip," he sang as he continued cutting. When his table sheet was covered in red, he finally decided it was enough. "I do say the pain is quite interesting and the reactions were truly fascinating." He began writing on a small bounded journal nearby, but suddenly realized he ran out of ink. As usual he dabbed his pen into the blood pooling from his arm and continued writing. After recording his work, he quickly fixed his arm. "This goes over here... That over there... whats this piece? I'll just put it here... Finished!" He sighed with delight. He flexed his left hand. "Works delightfully." He looked around and saw the mess he made. Cleaning wasn't difficult. It was mainly just blood. When the room was pristine and filled with the smells of cleaning solution, he finally looked at the small window. "Oh my how the time has passed." The morning light gave his room a morbid cleanness. Unim wrapped his arm with bandages and put the glove on. "Now I wonder if everyone is awake."

*Well here comes the sun* Scrubz thought as the sun rose. He was at the very front of the ship drinking his main bottle which never seemed to empty. He placed the bottle away into his cape and turned around seeing people stir from their cabins. He casually walked up to them all "Morning everyone it's been a nice night"

Trilk woke with the sun. With the bright beams pouring through his window it was hard not to wake. This time his brain was well rested and perfectly capable of forming coherent thought. This time was quite cheerful and back to his , somewhat, overly dramatic self. And this time when he emerged from his cabin he was fully and impeccably dressed. Every bell was in place, his gloves were on, his collar buttoned high. today his clothing was blue. Blue for the ocean, and blue because today, if he understood everything correctly, they would be setting sail.

"Good morning," he echoed the greeting with a broad smile, "Has thee by any chance seen the captain here about? I was hoping she might have time to go over our heading."

Sunlight peaked through Ellen's window that morning. She groaned, rolling out of bed and getting dressed in a very haphazard manner, eventually dragging herself out of her room.
"Mornin'" she mumbled. She had been kept up late by racing thoughts of yesterday's events. She was quite exhausted and it showed. Her shirt was not only partially unbuttoned, but on backwards as well. She had also forgotten to preform a binding enchantment on her wings, letting them stick out. Ellen, to tired to notice or even care for her appearance, had had many sleepless nights before and not a single one this bad.
"Great day for sailing, isn't it?" She yawned as she spoke, looking out over the water at the docks nearby.

Kaia awoke with a start as her demon started to crawl around inside her head singing something about taking anyone on and wining, with a roll of her eyes she sat up " morning you ass I was having a nice dream until you started to strangle a cat in there" she said aloud knowing he would hear her even if she hadn't. With a quick stretch Kaia got washed, dressed and went to see who else was up and about.

Upon reaching the deck she smiled " Good morning campers I hope you all slept well."

Scrubz agreed "It is a great day for sailing" He soon noticed Kaia and thought he better say sorry he strolled over to her "It was a nice night out Thanks Kaia" he replied. "You know last night I didn't mean it that way I'm always happy for the company I'm sorry you thought other wise"

Kaia smiled "Hey no worries, its cool my Demon was being a bit of a pain last night so no wonder I took it the wrong way, so don't sweat it." She said as she put her hand on Scrubz's upper arm.

Ashlyn looked up at Cernos greeting a flashed a smile up at him right as her foot touched the ships deck. Her gaze swept around, taking in all of those who were and weren't awake.
"It appears we may have lost our cook sometime last night." She observed. "Unless any of you have seen her recently?" she continued before she walked further onto the deck. Her posture straightened some as she again looked around. "I hope you all had a restful enough night, it's going to be a long day." She paused. "seeing as we lost our cook, if any of you can, get to the galley and try to compose a meal of some sort, would you? Ms. Ellen, rouse the sailors, if you would and get them to their posts. Mr. Trilk, I believe I overheard you talking about a heading?" She asked, walking over to him to the the last man she addressed. "Its time to lift anchors, get to your posts." The orders fled from herlips smoothly and nearly with a purr.

Kaia wasn't the best cook in the world but she was the only one with out any real job "Ammm I'm not great but I'm sure I can fill in until we know more Capitan" before she got an answer she started to walk off to kitchens to see what they had and what the hell she could do.

Once there she smiled the one thing she knew how to cook was waffles and bacon and eggs and to her delight they had everything she would need to make what she knew. It wouldn't take to long and as she had no idea what everyone ate she made up a few platers of fruit too knowing it wouldn't last forever. After a while she smiled and looked down at her flour covered self she could hear her demon laughing in the background oh shut up she said to it and carried on with the job at hand.

Ellen scratched her head absentmindedly. "No problem, Captain."She said, walking towards the sailors' rooms. She knocked on a few of their doors and then paused. This is taking to long, she thought. She grabbed a bomb from her belt, one rigged to make nothing but a loud noise, and used a bit of magic to light it. She threw it and it went off with a loud bang. Sailors started pouring into the hall to find the source of the noise. "Alright, ye' lazy bums, get to yer' positions now or I'll stick a bomb up yer' nose!" she shouted, watching the chaos of all the sailors scrambling to get to there posts.

There was a sudden loud noise that penetrated his room. Unim grinned. "Such a wonderful way to wake up the sailors." He opened his door and came up the stairs to find Ellen. He gave a devious smile and greeted her, "A fine morning to be alive isn't it?" Fairies are quite interesting. I wonder how their small wings can support their larger frames. Perhaps magically so. Her scent always seemed to be filled with nature. Is that a natural process or perhaps she is doing so on purpose.

He followed the rest of the sailors topside. Unim noted their muscles toned by years of sea travel. He remarked on a few finer specimens. Would it be entirely wrong to study these I wonder? When he saw the captain, he approached her. She had a different kind of feel now. Content. Fulfilled. "Morning, Captain. I surely hope you had a fine night." He winked and stared intently. I wish I could take away that fake shell she carries and study the fine creature beneath. He could smell the difference between her and the humans. The hormones of a siren was certainly alluring, but he was interested the darkness she carried. Its not often you meet a siren and live.

Kaia stood back as she heard a loud noise what the hell was that she thought as she walked out of the kitchen with the last tray of food, she could hear a lot of running feet and guessed that someone had found a rather intriguing way to wake up the humans. With a laugh to herself she placed the last tray on the table and walked over to the huge gong "So this is how I get everyone around the table, I could of done with one of these a fair few years ago" she said to herself as she smacked the gong. the noise rung across the whole of the ship.
"Right then time to wait and see what happens having completely forgotten she was covered in flour, she really wasn't the best cook and hoped she wouldn't have to do this to often.

Scrubz watched Ellen throw her bomb and he braced himself for the bang. The Bang shook his eardrums but got over it quickly. As the sailors were scrambling around to their positions, he knew there wasn't much for him to do now. He probably gets someone to mop the deck near the end of the day and check the ship when everyone sleeps. "Captain I'm free where do you want me" he asked. He was thinking of whom to ask either the Captain or the Quartermaster, he thought back to his ship and people asked me if I was there if I wasn't then it was my first mate. So he decided to ask the Captain and not Ellen. He will go to Ellen if the Captain is nowhere near by.

"Indeed, Captain," Trilk smiled completely ignoring the commotion going on around them as the sailors were abruptly awakened and sent scrambling for their posts, "I was wondering about our heading. If thou knows which direction this ship should take once we leave port I can begin to plot our course. Unless of course thou wishes to see the charts I have managed to procure first?"

Cerno walked over towards the captain giving Trilk a smile, as he stood next to the man waiting on the captain to answer the mans question before he asked is own. The offer for cook was already spoken for so he figured he asked the captain what she would want him to do since the ship was in order. In his thoughts he ignored the scrambling of the other sailors as they went of to there posts.

Ashlyn laughed when the bomb went off. Oh, this was going to be a fun trip, even if all of the humans didn't make it back completely alive. She glanced over as the doctor came and gave his greeting. Her hair caught the wind for a moment before she pulled a piece of twin and tied it back, eyes still trained on the doctor. Her eyes narrowed some as she watched him intently for a moment without blinking, eyes somewhat predator like for mere seconds. A smile flashes across her face as she decided to ignore the second meaning behind his words.

"Yes, it was pleasant enough, I went for a swim and met a charming gentlemen who bought me a drink." She answered smoothly before turning to address the next being who spoke. She glanced over at her Boatswain before she tilted her head.

"If the sun doesn't bother you, could you be our eyes? I trust yours over," she paused, "most" she chose as a couple of the human crew passed by her, on their way to the gong's summons. Finally, she returned her attention back to Trilk, flashing, yet another smile.

"I'd love to take a gander at your charts, Mr. Trilk." She was hoping if she looked at the maps she could get some idea of where they where supposed to be heading. Her eyes caught sight of Cerno, standing there as patient as could be. Her head tilted,
"How can I help you, Mr. Cerno?"

Watching as the captain glared at the man he decided he would never be on her bad side. Maybe I should just turn around before she notices me and talk to some of the crew members he thought to himself right before the caption looked over at him and asked him what is was he wanted. "Was just coming over to ask what you'd like me to do since the ship is in order and cook this round has been spoken for." he said as he looked over at her and grinned.

Unim watched with restrained merriment. He walked away from the captain and the other crew to the front of the ship. The vastness of the ocean lies before him and they were going to pierce through it in this vessel. It was exciting. Unim wondered when they were going to begin. He looked behind at the Captain. She was dealing with some more issues. Unim tapped his fingers on the wooden railing of the ship. "How much knowledge am I going to gather? How many strange species will I encounter? Will I get to study? I just can't wait!" He stared at the blue sky and breathed in the salty air.

Trilk nodded as the captain stated her preference to see the charts. As his cabin was reasonably close and easily accessible from the deck he slipped away as she was talking to the others, intending to return before any noticed he was gone. Once in his quarters he gathered up all the necessary charts and instruments, as well as a small folding table he had found in the cabin, and toted them back the the deck. It was ingenious really, what human carpenters could come up with when they put their minds to work. A thing of pegs and joints that seemed to rotate on thick dowels the table assembled easily much like a giant puzzle.

He set the table up a short way away from where the captain stood talking to the others, but where it would still be out of the way of the now working crew. No sooner was he sure that it was stable then he began unfolding the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.