Set Sail to the Seven

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashlyn also declined the whiskey with a shake of her head and a smile. She stuck to water as much as possible. The captain looked over at the doctor before explaing the head count idea again.

"After that, we'll wait for the more than likely hung over crew to wake up and we'll be on our way." She glanced over at Scrubz. "We're fully stocked, correct?" She asked the boatswain. "And you have all you need for the sick bay?" She directed her gaze back to the doctor. "If everyone did their jobs, we're set." She paused once more. "Until then, you all have a few hours of downtime, I suggest you enjoy them before we're bombarded with hungover humans." She muttered the last part mainly to herself. That was one thing she wasn't looking forward to. She had greatly overestimated the supernatural population of the area. It was going to be so hard to resist the temptation and giving into her base nature.

Oh joy hungover humans just what is needed Kaia thought but kept her smile in place, WIN was all she could hear in her head with an inward sigh she spoke with her demon, would you learn the difference between a challenge and just information please you're giving me a headache now shut the hell up. Kaia was use to having an inward battle with her demon and not letting others see she was but on occasions her eyes would glaze over while she argued with him.
The one nice thing was that the other supernaturals on board more than likely had their own internal battles to deal with too.

"Oh thats grand!" He has been itching to see the crew in its entirety. He eyed the vampire, and the fae. These were quite fine specimens indeed. His eyes suddenly landed on the woman. Thats odd... I haven't paid much attention to her. What was she called? Kaia I believe. He sniffed the air. She has a strange aroma. She looks human enough but... she is a bit like me in a way. Constrained, bound, hidden. There was something else with her. "Kaia, I do believe we haven't had much of a chat." He bows with a flourish. "Where did you hail from?"

As the doctors glaze turned to her Kaia's demon started to stomp around inside of her head as if he was a child who had been told he couldn't go out with his friends, whoa calm yourself his only talking to me she mentally rolled her eyes at Defeat as he practically growled. Kaia herself wasn't sure about the Doctor there was something off but he was pleasant enough "You would be right, we have not spoken at length as of yet, And me all over the place depending on how I feel" what else could she say she hadn't had a real home in many many years.

Scrubz nodded and raised his whiskey bottle to everyone who came to join them for the little get together. When the Captain asked if everything's ready he replied "Yea it's all sorted Captain and who ever built the ship, they did their job very well as well."

"Well, if there is time to do so, I believe I will return to my bed," Trilk yawned and looked around at everybody. "I apologize, but I really am far more useful when the sun is in the sky." He turned as if to go, but a sudden thought flickered across his sleep fogged mind and after a few steps he turned back and returned to the group. "Forgive me captain, but If I may make a suggestion . . . if it is the humans you are concerned with, if they become to bothersome or cause to much trouble I can always enscroll the lot of them. They'l be no burden to anyone then. perfectly obedient actually." He paused and felt the need to add, " There is a down side of course. Doing so could potentially alter them." Trilk tapped his temple hoping he would not have to explain more then that. It really was to late for this sort of thing.

Unim heard Trilk's comments about the humans. "Now now. There is very little need of that. Human minds although quite malleable and usually defenseless against the arts do retain some resistance no matter how strong the spell is. There will always be a lingering accumulation of rejection of foreign forces. Over time this may lead to... dangerous elements. Some can be quite violent." He gave a knowing grin, "I should know for I am human and have seen many minds distort in such manners. Quite fascinating indeed. I would like to suggest that you keep the crew motivated by the traditional ways: gold, ale, wenches, and perhaps a brawl or two to keep their stress in balance." Unim extends his hand in appeasement, "But it is surely your ship, Captain. You may do as you like. It would certainly be an interesting study. I perhaps have some methods to... alleviate their more violent tendencies." His smile now shining with bizarre ideas.

Ellen sat near the others, listening to the conversation taking place. She really didn't want to join in but the Doctor's comment had intrigued her.
"Really now? Sounds interesting. I guess you'd know, being a human and all" She said, smirking. She had never liked humans much, seeing them as nothing but boring things to prank or swindle out of money. Unim, however, made them seem fun and just plain strange. She liked strange things, herself being one.

Rubbing his eyes Cerno yawned as every joint in his body popped and cracked as he stretched, he then slowly decided to get up and out of bed as he sat up not totally awake but enough to huff and stand up. It is really difficult for him to wake up he thought to him self as he scratched his head walking slowly up the stairs to go above deck.

Ashlyn paused to consider the two options given to her. The siren was leaning towards Trilks ability, but some itty bitty part of her argued to give the humans a chance before they brainwashed them.
"As you say, Doctor." She finally conceded before she turned to give the fae man a smile. "Although, I will keep your offer every close to mind Mr. Trilk" She reassured. She really liked the sail masters idea. "Have a pleasant sleep." She added at retreating man. She turned to look over at Ellen. "I don't suppose you noticed anyone promising in the lot?" She asked.

Kia could understand why the Captain had gone with the doctors idea but she was Intrigued by what Trik had said it sounded a good plan to her but she was sure the Captain knew what she was doing. With a smile she turned to watch the water her Demon being ever so quiet she could enjoy the sounds around her as she stood there and listened to the birds in the sky and the ocean waters almost loving splashing up the side of the ship.

"As you like, Captain." Trilk smiled and bowed and left the group. He wasn't offended in the least that she had taken the Doctor's advice over his own. Trilk was half asleep at the moment and the doctor had a valid point. The build up over time of magic in a human's brain, well that wasn't his favorite thing to deal with, and with a crew full of humans it was probably better to leave their options open.

Retreating towards his cabin he was glad that he did have a cabin of his own and there was no need to share with the humans. He had done that on a number of occasions and not exactly found it pleasant. He stifled a yawn as he shut the door behind him and began removing his shoes and gloves before dropping into his bunk. In the morning he'd have to talk to the captain and set a course, but he wanted actually be awake for that. There was no way to tell what the morning would bring, but he was looking forward to finding out.

Last edited:
Scrubz just sat by listening; he wasn't tired and hardly slept anyway. He thought about watching the sea when everyone goes to sleep. His job was done and enjoying the company of everyone even though he was staying quiet.

Ellen turned to the captain."I did indeed, Captain. A few peeked my interest, don't know where they've gone off to though." she said, looking around a bit. "I'll point them out to ye' if I see them later."She glanced up at the moon and yawned. " If you don't mind, I think I'll head off to bed soon." Ellen stood up from where she was sitting, rubbing her back. Her wings had been cooped up all day and the strain of keeping them confined was tiring to say the least.

Decisions decisions. There so much to choose from. The little chat seems to be ending and some of the crew were heading back to bed. Kaia seemed to be deep in thought staring over the ledge. Unim didn't feel particularly tired. He could perhaps return to his room and double check some of his grimoires, but that sounds so dull compared to the building excitement that morning would bring. With a winning smile, he finally decided. "I'm going back to my room. I bid all a good rest." Unim however wasn't going to rest himself. He chuckled as he descended into the ship. What experiments should I conduct today? I believe fire was in line. But the smell... I know! I'll perform some simple muscle knitting. Excellent practice.

Kaia turned as the doctor bid everyone farewell "Good night Doc" she said as she looked out to the sea, she really wasn't tiered and she didn't need a lot of sleep so she thought she would just stay where she was and enjoy the night, who knows what I may see if I stay here long enough she thought as she listened to others leaving and going of to sleep.

Ashlyn watched those who decided to retire to their rooms, wander that-a-way before she to crossed over to look over the boats edge. The water beckoned to her and the Siren felt her pupils contract in answer to the call. She never needed much sleep as long as she kept up with her blood feedings and took in as much of the sea as she could. She turned to glance back, watching the doctors back disappear as he went to his room. She glanced over at Kaia and Scrubz.

"When the two of you decide to head to your rooms, call if you would please." And with that, the captain shucked her clothes and jumped into the sea without waiting for a reply. The second her hands where fully submerged, her form shifted back to her natural one, her legs seemed to grow together and darken until a black mermaids tail replaced them. Scales grew onto patches of skin and fins adorned her forearms. The hair that had been let loose, now grew.
With a splash, the captain turned mermaid, disappeared beneath the sea.

Ashlyn swam down the harbor a ways, planning on grabbing a quick drink before they took off the next morning. There where too many humans on the ship with her and their blood called to her, to prevent any accidents, she'd need to feed fairly often. Drunken whistling caught her attention and her eyes found and focused on a drunken man stumbling along a dock towards a little dingy of a ship. A tongue slid out to lick at her lips as she swam even with him. She let her head breach the sea's surface as she started to whistle along with the man. Her voice hypnotizing. The man stumbled and turned to look at her, and with a charming smile and a wave, she took her willing meal for the night. The next morning, someone would find the mans body washed up against one of the lower docks.

As the sun began to dawn, Ashlyn, with human legs and a set of clothes from unknown origins, found her back to her ship.

Scrubz watched as his captain jumped into the sea, he had a couple of guesses what's she's up to. He put his whiskey bottle away and dragged out his other bottle and started drinking from that one. You could tell it energized him and the effects from the whiskey vanished away very quickly. He glanced at Kaia "I'll probably be up all night anyway, it probably be a good idea for you to get some sleep. It will be a busy day tomorrow and I'm sure our captain will need us at our very best". Scrubz knew he'd be fine and ready for the next day he'll need to keep drinking his main bottle all night ready for the sun beaming on him and even with that he will have to keep drinking through the day.

Kaia turned to Scrubz "If you wish to be on your own you only had to say," she said as she watched the Captain swim away under the water. Kaia didn't sleep very much she had no real need to the only time she really slept was if she was injured or she had lost a challenge and that was normally due to her Demon causing her to much pain that she would pass out.
With one last look at the night sky Kaia smiled sweetly at Scrubz "I bid you a safe night." and with that done she walked off to her room where she sat up writing for most of the night, until she finally feel asleep.

Scrubz didn't mean it like Kia thought, Scrubz was always happy for the company even though he might have not much to say. Before he could say anything Kia went off into her room he thought he'll say something to her in the morning. Scrubz stayed up and watched the sea while drinking until someone showed up even though it could be morning by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.