Set Sail to the Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashta looks around at everyone's pearl tattoos, some bright and some dark, almost like relfections of their personalities and tastes. Such a delightfull arrangment of people. She takes a drink of beer-turned-water and looks toward the captian, awaiting orders.

Ashlyn flashed a smirk at her crew before she turned on her heel and began the trek to the Ula's decks.

"Right this way if you will..." She called as she began to weave through the tavern. As she passed the bar she waved a good bye to the mer elder who tended it. Once out in the open air, she turned towards the docks. She had chosen a tavern near them so she wouldn't get lost trying to navigate back to the dark waves. Night had fallen and darkness reigned as she led the troupe along the cobblestones that soon faded to the wooden dock planks. Her eyes where glued to one ship in particular, a schooner at the end of the row. It was her greatest possession. It was a beauty of a thing, looking nearly brand new, painted a deep red, nearly brown, with silver trims. On its side, right next to its name printed in a curling script, was a larger version of the pearl on everyone flesh, depending on the light, the pearl would shimmer a different color. As she neared the ship she turned and began to walk backwards so she could address the crew.

"After we get the bunking figured out, we'll split up," She paused. "Miss Ashta and Mr Srcubz will be given what money I have stored for supplies and they will supply the ship. " She paused for a moment. "I'd Like Misters Cerno and Unim to go and get their own supplies for their respective doctoring, Mr Unim for people and Mr. Cerno for the Ula." Her eyes shifted to look over at the werewolf, fae and elf. "As for Mr. Simeon, I'd like you to familiarize yourself with the cannons, if you will. Mr. Trilk, I'd like you to go about obtaining what you need to fill as our Sailing Master." SHe paused as she looked over at the elf. "Mr. Viper, you seem the most agile of us, I give you the task of being our eyes and the lead rigger. Thusly, I'd like you to get acquainted with the upper parts of the Ula while she's still in Dock." Her head fell to the side some, blue eyes observing the people before her, a breeze caught at her hair and sent it aflutter. "Miss Kaia, I'd like you to accompany Miss Ashta and Mr. Scrubz, they may need help. As for Miss Ellen and I, we will be going and recruiting some sailors." She spoke.

Cannons? Well, that was definitely something he could manage. The devices had always fascinated him anyway. "Yes, ma'am," Simeon replied, looking toward the ship. She was a beautiful boat, that was for sure. Elegant. Glancing toward the name painted on the side, he noticed a pearl next to it. So that's where the tattoo came from? Now having seen the vessel, he just couldn't wait to get underway. This was going to be an interesting trip, he knew, and he had to admit, he was excited. This would probably be the greatest adventure of his life.

Ellen stared at the boat. What a beauty it was. She felt lucky to be able to sail with such a vessel.
"Recruiting sailors eh? Well, ye are the captain." she said, grinning widely. She unconsciously brushed the spot where the tattoo now resided with the thumb of her right hand. It still stung a little bit.

Ashta grins. The ship was a reall beauty, and Ashta had seen plenty of ships before on her travels. The paint and woodwork was elegant but strong, showing how attractive such strengh could be. The entire crew seemed to be abuzz with excited energy. The aura was intoxicating and Ashta couldn't help being drawn into the attitude with happiness. Such adventure was on the horizon, she couldn't wait to get settle in with the supplies and be off across the sea.

It has finally begun. Oh how wondrous. Much to be done. Much to be done indeed. Unim bows to everyone and heads and seems to fly away in child-like glee. He returns to caravan where all his things were kept. "My my..." There are his trunks and bags, all large and perhaps weigh more than several times Unim's weight. With a shining grin, he heaves them up onto his shoulder as if they weighed nothing. His arms shows no muscle straining nor sweat flowing from exertion. It was as if he is completely at rest. But if one saw Unim with the corners of their eyes. They would see a hulking figure. A giant of a man, skinless, muscles defined and toned, flesh and tissue exposed, bones protruding throughout, and two deep green knowing eyes. It is as if the two men are the same, living in the same space, yet entirely different entities. Unim looks above his head and gave a wink. "What a fine specimen I am." He casually returns to the ship, large trunk over his shoulder, and his bags over his back. That reddish color is most inviting. Sparks such delightful recollections of my youth.

Kaia was loving her time with the rest of the crew and couldn't wait to set sail. Noticing the pearl near the Name of this most beautiful vessel she smiled to herself and walked towards Miss Ashta and Mr Scrubz "well then fellow crew mates do we yet know what we are in need of?" "I cant wait to set sail" She said with a big grin on her face like a child at a birthday party.

Scrubz grins at the ship "It's awesome, great little schooner holds about 75 crew, great for speed and maneuverability" .Scrubz walked over to Ashta and Kaia joined. Scrubz shook his head to Pandora "Not yet I have a few questions for the captain" Scrubz asked the Captain "I'm guessing you will be trying to recruit another 60 odd crew, we need to know so we can supply the right amount. Also how's the armory on board, will we need weapons for the new recruits".

The ship was a beauty. A schooner itself, that ship could carry cargo across the deep of an ocean or along the shallows of a coast and outrun any one chasing her in the process. An extremely well chosen vessel when one considered the crew, their various races, and professions. She was a beauty of a ship and Trilk looked forward to being her sailmaster.

It wasn’t long before the captain had given their first set of orders and he was set look to gather his things and locate any needed materials needed to augment he supplies.

On the note of supplies, Trilk had a feeling they’d need more specific sea charts then what he had memorized. Sea charts were expensive. They took a skilled had to draw and a skilled sailor to map currents and shores. Far more complicated than a land map. Trilk’s prior employers had kept the few he had worked with previously, which was why he had none on hand. Of course he could draw his own. Paper was pennies compared to a professional chart, but without knowing their course he preferred to know into what waters they’d be sailing ahead of time.

“Excuse me, Captain,” he said softly as he approached her when she had a free minute, “If it is no trouble for thee, ‘twould be of great help if thou could tell me our approximate course. Knowing that I can determine which charts to purchase and of what seas. I prefer not to waist funds where possible, not even my own.”

The now Captain watched the various reactions. She tilted her head back towards the ship in invitation before she again started to walk towards it. She glanced over at Scrubz as he spoke.
"No, I was actually think of only 50, " she paused and laughed a little bit,t he sound echoing around the group. "I'm trying to keep the amount of humans on crew to a minimal just to avoid having to keep our own natures secret." She paused and glanced over at Unim as he came back from retrieving his belongings. She blinked, she didn't think humans had possessed that amount strength, but she didn't pay all that much heed to them either. Her eyes glanced back to Scrubz. "But you might want to shop for sixty, can never be too sure, eh?" She asked with a quick grin. She turned her attention to the Sailing Master and flashed a smirk over at the fae man.

"To find the rest of the riddle." She answered him, which she had no idea where to begin looking for. She had never been good with directions. Her foot finally reached the deck of her ship. "You're each senior members, and ergo get your own cabins." She continued on quickly.

Scrubz nods his head to his captain "Yes Captain, its always good over compensate. you never know what the mighty sea will do".

He turns to Ashta and Kaia "We better check the ship out before we head off into town, mainly what storage we have and Ashta cooking station. I need to check the deck and do my job but since its fairly new it should be fine. I will do my checks before we set sail when we get back when the supplies are being loaded aboard".

Scrubz started walking past the mooring and smiled and ith his hand brushed the rope with his hand and thought *Yea it's definitely new and the ship's won't be budging"

Ashta raised an Scrubz for taking control of the situation but nodded her head anyway. "I can compact most of my ingredients with minimal space anyway," she says but looks around at the crew. "I'll need to know if any of our more unusual members need special meals." Tying her hair back with a strip of cloth Ashta looks at the ship with calculating eyes. I can always transmute extra supplies if the need arises.

“To find the rest of the riddle.” She had said. So even his Captain had no idea where they were going. Trilk sighed. It seemed he was going to be drawing the majority of his own charts after all. As long as he knew where they’d been he couldn’t get lost. That was the biggest danger at sea. Oh well. He’d just get the basic charts then and hope that when they figured it out the next port would have whatever new information he needed.

The rest of the crew’s conversation cut through his musings and Trilk shifted his attention as Ashta asked if anyone had and special dietary needs. “I prefer fresh fruits and vegetables,” he answered, “though strictly speaking they’re not necessary for me to consume, especially considering how difficult they are to procure and keep at sea.” “He smiled, “I’ll eat anything thou sees fit to give me. Though if I’ve been using my abilities thou should know I can eat as much as three men combined.” Trilk looked around at the rest of the crew. “Now, if all will forgive me, I have some things to procure.” And sweeping the group as a whole a polite bow he turned on his heels and headed back towards the town and the Inn where he had been lodging.

As he returned to his inn, and began packing his rucksack with his various belongings he also began creating a list of what he would need vs. what he already owned. On of the advantages to being as well traveled as he was and consistently taking jobs as a navigator in order to do so, was that he carried the majority of his own essential equipment. His drawing and drafting case went into the bottom of his rucksack, and he carefully rolled his telescope in his spare shirt before placing that inside as well. An astrolabe, compass, and a sextant in its case were each carefully packed into his bag rolled in more spare clothing for extra protection. He’d feel more secure when he was back aboard the ship and everything could be properly stowed in his cabin, whichever one it was (he’d realized only after he left that he had failed to find out) but for the time being his current packing job would be satisfactory. Once he finally had everything together he headed down to settle his bill with the innkeeper and made his way into town.

He’d need to acquire the basic charts he’d already planned on as well as a log line (even if the Ula was already equipped with one he'd prefer to keep and extra) and a sand glass, and of course the paper to draw new charts was a must, but Trilk remembered seeing a shop near by that sold such. In what seemed a very short amount of time he had made his purchases and returned to the ship.

"Any cabin you say? How kind. I will go claim one of them right now." Unim heads into the ship. It was quite large, but manageable. He headed down with his trunks, and begin looking at rooms. They were quite nice. Furnished and had an overall new feel. This ship seemed to built recently, but who knows? Perhaps its was magically kept. I must learn more.

He walked to the end of the ship and found a somewhat large cabin. Excellent I can use this as my quarters and work area. Most fortunate indeed. He set down his trunks and bags. He looked at the table in this room and then stood on it. How perfect! It can support my weight. Most fitting for my operating table. He pulled out a large white sheet and put it over the table. It clearly has been washed many times, no matter how pristine it seems. Unim looks at it affectionately. "Oh how I remember how you were able to acquire such a deep and lovely color. Perhaps I may see it once more?"

He grinned deviously. Unim began unpacking his things. There was so many knives of different shapes and sizes. He filled the shelves with different containers of strange materials and liquids. His restraints were hung on a nearby hook. Further odd things were placed randomly around. The last trunk was still closed. It was different from the others. It seemed to be made of a white material, very strong like wood, but it was not made from any tree. The lock looked like hands clutching at the chest, keeping it's darkness at bay. For this trunk, Unim stared with quiet contemplation. It was his most important possession. He placed his hand on it. It had a constant thrum like a heart beat. He placed this trunk under his bed. By the time Unim finished, the room looks like a proper doctor's clinic. If one can say white, sterile, and closer akin to a witch doctor's lair can be described as proper. Unim smiles at a work well done. Meanwhile the constant beating rhythm beat slowly under his bed to a tune only Unim can hear.

Ashta and Scrubz seamed like they were ok working out what they needed so Kaia thought while she wasn't needed she would go and get her belongings and bring them back to the ship. "Hey guy's while your busy working out what we need i'am gonna go and get my stuff so we can get on and get going as soon as we can, i will be back in less time then you know." with a wink she walked away before they could try and challenge her.
Walking back to the place she had been staying with another of her demon holding friends she thought about what may just happen while they are out at sea.
Walking in she knew no one was around that wasn't unknown so she just went and picked up her belongings and strapped an awful lot of her weapons to herself and with a last look around she started to head back to the ship. To see if Ashta and Scrubz where ready to get doing to get the supplies.

Ashta streched her arms over her head and nodded as Kaia left, raising an eyebrow when she returned quickly. "I already know where I'm staying," she says with a smile, looking at the ship. It was convient when some of the more mind-open crew had a memorized outlay of the grand vessel. "I'm ready to go get supplies whenever you are," she points out to Kaia and Scrubz.

Scrubz did a few checks around and decided to find his room when he gets back. Scrubz nodded over to Ashta "I'm ready, just waiting for Kaia, she's not far away I can feel it. I'll go grab my horse and cart it’s not far". With that he ran off with speed, it looked like he vanished but a few minutes later Scrubz appeared on his horse and cart "Jump in and we'll make tracks" he asked.

Kia got back and looked at the cart "nice i like it" dropping her bag's she hopped int to the cart she wasn't to worried about her stuff being stolen there was enough of the crew around the ship still and she had her most important things on her, "Right then i' am ready."

The Siren watched as the group bustled about and went about doing their tasks, again, she was pleased with the ease this was going. If she was still in the colony, there would have been, for lack of a better term, cat fights all around. Ashlyn turned and made a light gesture towards the fairy Quartermaster. "Shall we?" she invited before she began the trek towards another pub, this one further down the docks. She'd prefer to go to the Mermaid's Lament, but she'd been watching there as she waited for her crew to arrive. So that left the Sea Swig next. Maybe it had a few sailors willing to go aboard. She glanced back over her shoulder to see if Ellen was following her.

Ashta looks at the cart with raised eyebrows but climbs in anyway, watching over her shoulder as the captain left the immediate docks. The birds of the sea sqwack overhead as they divebomb workers in the crow's nest of the larger ships. She watches them slightly amused as the cart moves away from the dock.

Status
Not open for further replies.