Set Sail! A Fantasy Pirate Crew Search!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Oooh.
First mate, anyone? Nobody?
I actually just made one and sent it to @ArgonianScum for approval. I wanted to try to earn the slot rather than just given it, though, so if that's a position you also desire we could both try to aim for it perhaps?
Ooohhh. That might be a good "why not" moment for my character. Them being a jacka**. Lemme just copy-paste them here

• Love
Reactions: ArgonianScum
Tyson Dirge

Tyson Dirge
(Once known as Tyson Ackerman)
Ty

Place of birth
Ladenia

Blood status
Cursed

Species
Human(?)

Sexuality
Straight

Occupation(desired)
First Mate

Height
6'' 2

Weapon of choice
Two short swords

Tyson's fighting style is mostly in agility. He strikes and moves quickly, like the water, dancing around his opponent more than anything. Because of his long years of honing his swordsman skills on his Uncle's boat he knows how to handle the blade and keep himself alive. He sometimes even makes a game of it, often putting in chiding jabs or make small jokes as he swings his blades. Though it seems like he's having fun, he takes every fight seriously and despite his soft attitude, there is no mistaking the killer look in his eyes.

Background
He used to have a name.

The Ackerman family was a wealthy family. An honorable one. They rose up from nothing and became the top trading company on the island: Ladenia. An impressive size island with many fishing towns and markets and in the center of it all was the Ackerman family.

The Ackerman's had their own ships that sailed out to the world and traded with other nearby islands with their most prized product: Salt. As it so happens, the Ackerman residence was on top of a salt mine, theirs by right, and so they were able to mine the prized ingredient and sell it for profit.

The Ackerman's, however, were not a greedy folk. They took care of the island and its people, making sure that all were thriving and were generous in their wealth. They were loved and respected by all.

Which was why the attack came as such a surprise.

No one knows what happened. One night the Ackerman manor caught aflame and all who were inside perished: The grandparents, the dear mother and father, and their poor five children...

All except one.

Unknown to the townsfolk, one child had survived, the young Tyson Ackerman. The eldest child who had been meant to inherit the family business. The manor had been attacked by a group of assassins who sail under an unknown flag, hired by Tyson's jealous uncle, Ven, brother to his father. His uncle had felt cheated out of the wealth after Tyson's father sent him away when he tried to steal from them. His Uncle did nothing except drink his money away and cheat and conned others out of their own wealth so Tyson's father wanted his terrible influence away from the family.

This did not stop his uncle. After hiring the assassins to kill his family and destroy his home, Tyson was forced to abide by his uncle. Telling him all of the family secrets and where they keep their riches. Ven decided to keep Tyson around and raise him as his own as some spiteful final act toward his dead brother. Taking his only living son and turning him into all the things his brother hated.

Growing up under his Uncle, at the young tender age of 10, Tyson was forced to learn how to steal and kill to survive. He learned quickly that the only way to stay on his uncle's good side was to make him happy, and nothing made him happier than praising him and doing everything he said. As Tyson grew older he began to realize his uncle was easy to manipulate. So long he pleased him and stay on his good side, Tyson was able to get away with a lot of things and bide his time. Waiting for the perfect opportunity to earn his freedom...and revenge.

For ten long years Tyson had to deal with his uncle's cruelty. He often went without food and was constantly beat on, either by his uncle or the crew. He started off as a cabin boy and there was no end to the constant torment placed upon him by the crew. However, he was also able to get around easily without much notice, and one would be surprised by how much one could hear when being overlooked.

Tyson listened to every word the crew would whisper among themselves and realized quickly how much they actually despised his uncle. Over time, Tyson began to report them to his uncle, earning his trust and the deceitful crew would be thrown overboard and left behind. Sometimes even shot dead in front of the others as a message. Tyson grew quickly in Ven's trust and was raised from a simple cabin boy to a proper crew member, then further still till he became Ven's most trusted ally.

But it was all a ploy. Inside Tyson was a rage. A rage that wanted out. He watched his uncle spend his family's hard earned money into nothing with drink and women. Was forced to hear his uncle speak such terrible things about his family, his father especially, then brag how easy it had all been to end them all. Even clench his teeth to keep from throwing up as his Uncle praised him. How he was different from the rest of them. How he was like a son to him.

Then the day finally came. Tyson practically ran his uncle's ship himself. Over the years he made his uncle dwindle his old crew further and further, and for those that remained, Tyson made friendly with. Using his cunning, Tyson managed to rise a mutiny against his uncle. Making them believe he had been hoarding gold from them all along, and watched on in silence as they tortured his Uncle for information, only looking on in cold silence as his uncle pleaded for his aid and mercy.

It never came.

Then, with the screams of his uncle finally silenced, the rest of the crew went deep below decks to begin turning the place inside out for the riches that were promised to them. All the while Tyson headed above decks and to a lone boat that was prepared for one sailor. Once in the boat he picked up a single lantern and let it drop onto the deck of his uncle's ship. He lowered himself to the water below as the ship caught aflame, thanks to the oil Tyson slowly spilt and spread all across the ship.

Tyson sailed away on his boat as screams filled the air from the burning crew members as they tried to escape the firey depths of the ship. Flinging themselves into the ocean in an attempt to save themselves. The lone ship lighting the dark ocean like a beacon.

Tyson did not plan to live after that. He packed little provisions on his boat so, in a matter of days, he was on the verge of starving to death. But he didn't care. He laid in his boat as it drifted through the sea, staring up into the stars of the night sky. Empty. He was no one. He had no name. No family. Nothing. His uncle had made him into something he never wanted to be. He had no idea who 'Tyson' was anymore.

Then he died.

Instead of floating into the afterlife, however, he was visited by Calypso. She offered him a choice: Go back and fight for a life he was meant to have, or fade away into Davy Jone's locker where nothing awaited him but more suffering. However, to go back came with a heavy price: Should he return, he would never be allowed to leave the sea. Living as a creature of the water until he found his purpose.

He chose to live. Just like that he awoke back in his boat, gasping for air, unable to find any. Not only that but he could scent something nearby...fresh meat. The scent made his mouth water.

Without thinking he threw himself over the edge of his boat and into the water...and transformed. His body grew longer. His fingers became webbed talons. Webbed spines lined his back and ended at a finned tail. Not far beneath him a shark was circling...and he dove for it.

He grabbed it with his webbed talons and tore into it effortlessly with razor sharp fangs. He was in a frenzy. Only once he devoured the shark did he begin to realize what had happened. It wouldn't be until some time later that he realized he had become a sea dragon, just like Calypso had said: A creature of the water.

Over the years he learned to coexist with this side of himself. He found he could transform at will between forms and visit the dry land but only for a limited time. If he stayed away from the water for too long then he would begin to weaken, then grow ill, then finally die.

So Tyson travels. Keeping his curse a secret and searching for the thing that would give him purpose and lift this curse so that he may live a normal life he never got to have.

Personality
Tyson had lost himself many years ago since he had been a child. For years he had been forced to be something he wasn't and when he was finally free, he had to rediscover who he is. Thus far he is actually pretty easy going. With nothing to really tie him down his worries are carefree and he finds himself able to bounce from place to place with no problem. Untouched by the financial stresses that so often plagues others.

Though Tyson grew up around ruffians and brutes, he actually rather enjoys being around other people. It had taken some time for him to warm up to other people and avoid being so wary but, over time, he learned how to read them thanks to his skills growing up on his Uncle's ship. He is pretty good at reading people and telling a bad apple from a good apple, but also to always be wary for any deceit. He is careful not to put too much trust in others but he is always the life of the party. He could make friends with just about anyone.

He has many skills in pickpocketing and lockpicking since they were skills he had to learn to survive. However, he avoids using them. He had done many bad things in his life... He didn't want to keep adding to the list. Calypso had given him another chance at life and he didn't want to ruin it.

Despite fun lifestyle, he always keeps everyone at arm's length and he disappears almost as quickly as he appears. He can't risk anyone knowing his secret. He knew the greediest of men would likely hunt him down if they ever knew what he was, and he still had trouble understanding it himself.

Though he gets along well with anyone he meets, he still truly doesn't feel like he belongs anywhere. Not the ocean and not the land. There's still that hole deep inside... So deep and vast like the ocean itself. Unable to be filled. Futilely trying to fill it with merriment and company but it just isn't enough. His smile never quite reaches his eyes and he knows that no one truly knows him. The real him.

He hardly knows him himself.

R.56c439e2dc702a1652bb0ce76f704f1c

Sea Dragon

This is the form Tyson takes when he becomes his sea dragon form. He is able to transform at will though his sea dragon cannot survive on land and needs sea water to breath. The tips of his spines as well as the markings along his body can glow, giving light to the darkest of depths, and his webbed talons and tail allow him to swim at amazing speeds.

Weapons
Bite
Tail slam
Talons

Skills
Echo location
Glow in the dark
Incredible sense of smell

Weaknesses
Cannot breath on land
Vulnerable to fire and heat

Size
12 ft long

[Because I suck at making Character sheets like ya'll... I will just post it here. Will edit if needed]

2b5bc70273fc51c1eac475ef312c7f00 (2).jpgName: Chilek Graphvehgon Fanosotra (Literally translated as Strawberry Ice Cream)

Nickname: "Icy"

Species: Mermaid/Siren

Height: 5'5"

Relationship Status: Single

Sexuality: Amorous yet asexual

Ranking: Bard/ Seducer/ Pain in the Ass [All of which is later in the stories]

Background:
"One should never ask a lady about this else they might gaze upon the inky depths of the ocean"

Characteristic:

Growing up with not a knowledge of the people above water, Icy quickly learned that information can be quite a dangerous thing. From drunken ramblings to sweet confessions under the blankets, rumors from nosey show owners to quips and jokes from their workers, one can gain something just by listening. All the more reason to feign interest on something or someone.

It was easy for her to show interest. She has a thirst to know more about the land and its ever evolving ideologies and theories. It is always quite breath taking how these species mingle with others and carve the lands to their will, not letting nature's destructive tendencies stop them. And ironically, as much as she is fascinated by what the land shows, the people living on them wants to explored the inky depths of the seas.

Using this to her advantage, she made a trade. A glittering thing from the sea in exchange of stories and crafts. A gold coin for some delicacy and an hour of lessons. Though there were times she was deceived, extracting vengeance was not those who deceived her, they were usually fish food after.

Given her appearance and they way she carries herself, she was a prime target of the people in the streets. Luring them into isolated areas by either acting clueless or promising a great night. Nobody ever knew what has happened to them and, honestly, nobody cared that much as this was a place where anything goes.

To those who knows Icy, that soft spoken exterior keeps a sarcastic demon within. She could not help but quip and judge. She will intentionally pick fights just because.

Icy revels in chaos and disagreements. She loves causing them and joining in but knows when to shy away when she knows she will lose.

Her interests as of the moment are to the floating things they have called boats and ships. Knowing she will be safe when she is close to the ocean, she wanted to try to board one. She was curious. She wanted to feel the thrill about the stpries of adventure. About liberating villages and listening to the tragic deaths. She wanted to feel all those.

Abilities:
>
Icy's species try to seduce everything and anything. It is easy for her to meld with the crowd and even befriend most of the population. That is if she stops herself from rambling.
> Turns back into her original form once she is in deep waters. Takes an hour or so in dry land or being dry to get her feet back.
> Uses musical instruments instead of her voice to lure her lunch in.
> Has small needles [stonefish barbs] as a warning weapon. Come close enough and she can rip someone's throat out

Original form:
7640c8d05a57d84a88b76c6beb39ae61.jpg

She's amazing! Great job.

Also, to be fair, I'm not all that great with CS either. The code was given to me by someone else and I've just kept it since XD

• Haha
Reactions: Ai-in Ayan
this is why i have in mind for the brother 1688413779486.png

• Thank You
Reactions: DekuNightFury
Very nice, I like 'im

1688432847422.png What i have in mind for the sister

Reactions: DekuNightFury
I have a question. Can I do something like a pirate hunter? An antagonist maybe?

I have a question. Can I do something like a pirate hunter? An antagonist maybe?
Oooh I think that would be really cool. Giving the crew an enemy to encounter now and then

Reactions: Rads
PICTURE:1688550953884.png
Name: Argo Krin
SPECIES: Water Gensai

(If obviously not human or isn't announcing what they are name here. If they have the outwardly appearance of a human label human)
HEIGHT:6:6
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

(None of your business unless asked geez)
SEXUALITY: Stright

ABILITIES: Heal and Water control the rest you'll find out later

RANKING: Stowaway

Bio: Argo was a cook for the navy in Hinawa, He poisoned the main command's food with his sisters help and put them in the hospital, they disappeared with a few belongings and found the nearest ship and stowed away, not wanting to be found by the navy. They know they will be found sooner or later, but what better way to escape trouble than to hide in a place that they won't think of? it's not the best way he would have wanted to start things, but he and his sister were sick of this toxic city after fifteen long, grueling years. It also gave them the chance to explore the world and break free from their dreaded past. Yio his sister was wanted for other crimes; the question they now ask themselves is, What do we do next.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ArgonianScum
I am generally pretty terrible at making character sheets and have been extremely busy this week, so just let me know if I need to flesh this out at all and I'll get to it when I'm back from my 4th of July camping trip!
I just wanted to get something up for you before I left

NAME: Fyrus Ferrion
SPECIES: Human
HEIGHT: 5'9''
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single
SEXUALITY: Bicurious
RANKING: Gunner

PERSONALITY: Fyrus has a few anger issues, to be honest. He gets upset easily and has quite the short fuse. He's keen on trying to settle debates with straight up fights that don't stop until he either wins or he's too bloody and bruised to stand anymore. If he's on a job under command of a captain or a boss, he learns to tone himself down and not pick fights with others... lest he get thrown overboard or kicked out to the streets. He still loses his cool too quickly, but he's smart enough and wise enough to know how to take his frustrations out in a healthier way.

When he's not being a hothead, he can actually be rather pleasant. He smiles, he jokes, and he plays. He can be a good companion so long as he's in a good mood. He knows he has a pretty enough face to turn a few heads, and he's very happy to use that to his advantage. He's very proud of himself, maybe sometimes just a liiiittle too proud, tending to think of himself first with just a little bit of a narcissistic streak. He likes being called handsome, appreciates anyone who looks at him in that way where you know they're checking him out, and adores compliments. Really anything at all that can inflate his ego, he loves it.

BACKGROUND: Fyrus spent most of his childhood as quite the troubled youth. Getting into fights left and right, bickering over little things, he was a handful that had trouble keeping friends and rarely got along with his own family. He had far too much pent up aggression and no safe ways to just let it out. Possessing a rather foul mouth and having metaphorical sticky fingers didn't help much either. Between fighting and stealing and throwing out insults left and right, he wasn't a pleasant kid to be around.

As he got older, just a tiny bit wiser, he did start to mellow out as he found better ways to release pent up energy. If asked, he truly has no good excuses nor explanations to give as to why he led such a turmoiled and tumultuous life in his youth. Maybe it was his upbringing. Maybe he wanted attention. Honestly, attention was all kinds of nice anyway. Sometimes it was fun to be noticed by a pretty lady (or even a pretty guy) and that, in turn, was another inspiration for other ways of keeping himself entertained. He grew up to be rather pretty, too.

Sometimes looks helped him get what he wanted, sometimes it was his fighting skills, but mostly it was a combination of both. Where his personality was a little too abrasive, he gave his prettiest, most winning smile and proved himself in a ring with his fists or sharpshooting skills with a rifle to earn his place. He hadn't always wanted to be a sailor, honest or dishonest, but he had the knack for it and, hey... it paid. It also offered a great outlet for his tendencies to get a little too violent sometimes.

ABILITIES: Fyrus is, by all definitions, a sharpshooter. He's excellent with projectile weaponry, and for one very good reason. He possesses a keen eye, near eagle-like vision that allows him to see things at a great distance. Where many others rely on the aid of lenses and scopes, Fyrus can see with the naked eye.

It's made him one hell of a great gunner with near immaculate aim and an invaluable resource for any crew that hires him. Continuing to hone his skill, he tosses himself readily at anyone who could use him, any job that needs him. It doesn't matter if he's hunting game, hunting man or entertaining crowds with some target practice. If he's able to practice his shots and he gets paid for it at the end of the day then, hey, that works for him! It doesn't exactly keep him out of trouble if the job is something passing the border of laws and ends a life, but he's already done a fine enough job ensuring that he was never going to be a properly functioning member of society anyway... and it's a great way to blow off steam.

Last edited:
He's great!

• Love
Reactions: Lyrikai
Actually I'm gonna need some help in getting this started. I'm not sure how I'm gonna manage to get everybody into the main setting which is the future ship.