Sekirei - Beauty of Truth - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
well for now I'll accept him with the negotiated backstory we made and allow you to post.

Also keep note I'm waiting on Deer and Rare to post before I go any farther in.

Akashi said he/she is still in this and will be posting once she gets things sorted out and said she'd be making an ashikabi.

No inspiration to write right now, so if Rare posts I will gladly follow up.

well I recommend sending him/her a message if you want to do that as (S)he is busy with life problems at the moment and may not post in the OOC for a bit.

Also if I may ask the other two rp'ers in this rp are you similarly busy? i got posts up for both of you granted Rare's is small but I didn't have much to work with.

Edit: Well Deer I'm just waiting on both of you because I can't post anything else unless I have to force Izumi and Brandon together. Her situation will be a violent one and I'd prefer not to get the two of them involved with the other PC's as it sets up Izumi's personality for the rp more or less.

Alright well then here's to Rare posting so we can get a move on.

I'm sort of doing homework for my Drafting class currently so I can't post anything in the ICs today. I'm just popping around the OOCs procrastinating.

smiley-disappointed.jpg

I am sorry. I've become ill and will work on a cs when i get back into shape. Sorry.

Alright then what do you want to do with your guy then Raz?

To be perfectly frank, what I want to do is get momentum going in the plot.

Sora as writ (basically an unwinged Sekirei taking on Homura's role as a vigilante/protector) can presumably interact with any of the other characters in the event of a conflict.

Kiyoshi and Sayo are planned to wing if I recall.

And Brandon is supposed to wing Izumi, who I don't believe has appeared yet in the IC thread proper.

My suggestion is this.

Have Izumi make an appearance - preferably in vicinity of Brandon - and engage another NPC Sekirei. Even unwinged, Izumi may be perceived as a potential threat to established Sekirei pairs given her high number and sword abilities, justifying a preemptive attack. This offers Izumi a chance to demonstrate her abilities while also potentially causing an in-battle complication when she Reacts to Brandon.

Sora can arrive as a third party combatant, ostensibly to protect Izumi (whether she needs it or not is irrelevant; Sora's mission is to prevent needless deaths among his species and basically delay the Sekirei Plan for as long as possible). This enables three characters to meet.

This generates plot momentum in that Brandon is now inundated into the Plan proper. Things will likely snowball from there.

The unnamed NPC Sekirei assailant may well become a major villain for this intro story arc.

Thoughts?

The major antagonists are currently off trolling each other or trolling unwinged sekirei at the moment. Those phone calls that Magoichi made? They were to start a witch hunt in the northern part of the city in control of the 'Warlord of the North' as dubbed by 'The King' himself. He has nicknamed the main ashikabi whom have appeared in the past few weeks as the prince, the rebel, the mastermind, and the warlord as stated above. What the prince is doing is to be revealed soon enough and it will be involved around one of his sekirei. The Warlord is taking part in the witch hunt currently, the mastermind is doing what he does best and gather data and plan on those whom have been winged and or his opponents who are forcibly wiping out the sekirei. Magoichi's whole motivation behind this is driven by the mentality that he will force these girls to find someone or be eliminated...or get lucky he doesn't particularly care which.

Izumi currently IS under attack by a sekirei but she will be fodderized by Izumi who simply has more experience and the power of the awakening behind her than her opponent. This will occur after Brandon walks away from the store and takes a short cut where he runs into Izumi who coincidentally has her sekirei reaction to Brandon convincing him to wing her leading to the following. Izumi is being watched by another sekirei whom is a member of one of the big four's group.

Now why you may ask am I saying this aloud in the OOC as opposed a conversation message? To show EVERYONE here that I literally have my hands tied. Unless I force Izumi and Brandon's encounter into his close group of friends which isn't intended to be a plot point so soon then I have to force a short time lapse. I have EVERYTHING set up it's just that everyone is either sick in the case of Akashi or not posting in the case of the others. They just need to actually do SOMETHING in order for my to get this moving. Right now it's just a matter of getting the other two to post so I can do something with the people they are interacting with so I can get Brandon out of his chair so I can have the two run into each other so they can wing so that you can help them while Izumi and Brandon do their stuff.

Nope everything you said is lies, im just going to have Kyoshi steal Izumi. Get over it.

Deer I understand that you a joking but I'm not in a very happy mood at the moment. I'm cold, I've got a test I need to get done tomorrow, I need to wash my dog tomorrow, call up a department to set up an appointment, and I am currently just poking my laptop waiting for either this rp, the gundam rp, or the naruto rp's I need people to post in so I can actually have something to do outside of playing TF 2 on my xbox. This all sounds petty and first world problems like but it is what it is. So let me just say this. Izumi currently is in a worse mood than I am. She had been chased down by at least two ashikabi and their sekireis, had to avoid killing them because she doesn't want to, and she is extremely temperamental. If Brandon wasn't the one she'd be winged by she'd probably run right past him. And this is Brandon not knowing what's going on. If your person runs into Izumi for whatever reason be it she'd more than likely stab you through the abdomen twice for trying to wing her barring the fact that you know nothing of the sekirei plan in IC at the moment.

The major antagonists are currently off trolling each other or trolling unwinged sekirei at the moment. Those phone calls that Magoichi made? They were to start a witch hunt in the northern part of the city in control of the 'Warlord of the North' as dubbed by 'The King' himself. He has nicknamed the main ashikabi whom have appeared in the past few weeks as the prince, the rebel, the mastermind, and the warlord as stated above. What the prince is doing is to be revealed soon enough and it will be involved around one of his sekirei. The Warlord is taking part in the witch hunt currently, the mastermind is doing what he does best and gather data and plan on those whom have been winged and or his opponents who are forcibly wiping out the sekirei. Magoichi's whole motivation behind this is driven by the mentality that he will force these girls to find someone or be eliminated...or get lucky he doesn't particularly care which.
Izumi currently IS under attack by a sekirei but she will be fodderized by Izumi who simply has more experience and the power of the awakening behind her than her opponent. This will occur after Brandon walks away from the store and takes a short cut where he runs into Izumi who coincidentally has her sekirei reaction to Brandon convincing him to wing her leading to the following. Izumi is being watched by another sekirei whom is a member of one of the big four's group.
Now why you may ask am I saying this aloud in the OOC as opposed a conversation message? To show EVERYONE here that I literally have my hands tied. Unless I force Izumi and Brandon's encounter into his close group of friends which isn't intended to be a plot point so soon then I have to force a short time lapse. I have EVERYTHING set up it's just that everyone is either sick in the case of Akashi or not posting in the case of the others. They just need to actually do SOMETHING in order for my to get this moving. Right now it's just a matter of getting the other two to post so I can do something with the people they are interacting with so I can get Brandon out of his chair so I can have the two run into each other so they can wing so that you can help them while Izumi and Brandon do their stuff.

It would have been helpful to know you had something plotted out sooner so we can better dovetail off it.

Knowing that there are active Sekirei engaging others makes it easier for me, personally, to position near everyone else. But if all you want is for someone to do whatever, then a post will be up in a few minutes.

I suggest this, as well:

th

At the end of the day, an RP is just a hobby. Letting your personal life bleed into it and affect your ability to moderate game is both unhelpful and ruins your personal enjoyment of the story you are trying to create.You obviously have a vision of the story that you want to see fulfilled. Let's make that happen.

My whole GM'ing attitude revolves around having surprises in the story and not telling people about specific plot points until needed in order to get a better reaction out of the characters themselves and or the people behind those characters. In other words I have the mentality of a movie go'er whom knows the majority of the story but doesn't want to spoil it for his buddies next to him though they may like to know what is happening. While it hinders the story I prefer to see people genuinely react with shock, enjoyment, or whatever emotion be it to what is happening. I still have a couple cards up my sleeve right now that I would heavily prefer not to reveal.

Edit: With that being said the plot of this movie isn't fixed. People will effect and change it as it goes along however there a certain points I intend to be in this movie one way or another such as Izumi's fight with number 61. It was made to show that Izumi is a loner and that she really doesn't enjoy having anyone's help for reasons to be revealed in the roleplay. Likewise characters from the past of other players in this rp may effect this as well if you ask I'll consider it otherwise I'm just sticking to the rail road.

Raz I have some problems with your post. First of which being that it's most likely around two and the afternoon is just starting. Secondedly jumping from roof top to roof top is one thing but your guy isn't winged nor does he have wing based abilities. There's Naruto jumping then there's Superman jumping and the latter is what I see your character doing right now which shouldn't be possible without his wings and even then we've only seen Mutsubi fly and it was under the power of his norito which grants her wind powers to her fist strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.