Sekirei - Beauty of Truth - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good CS but we'd need a ashikabi to put him with so Akashi should make an ashikabi if she/he intends to do so and or kitsune if he/she is still in this. Also Sekirei tend to have singular powers over certain objects but have proficiency with one more than others in this case your machetes would be the source of your power while any other form of weapon you'd simply be able to use. Note that this may take points away from how well you do against other sekirei since your varied in what weapons you can use. Izumi for example is a monster with her sword and speed. Without her sword she is considerably weaker in many ways. The problem with her is actually getting her to drop the thing.
Also I'm assuming that you generate power through your weapon and that your magnitude is due to the norito awakening? As in Izumi's phantom power when she awakens or the debilitating power of Sayo's

edited Sora's power set with your input added

i wanted bullet deflection and superior cutting power to be his baseline ability, with his Norito giving him a bigger punch and a ranged ability

if Akashi or Kitsune are not in this, i can make an ashikabi char as well

anything else?

In case this is needed, here is an Ashikabi char

Name: Captain Kagemura Gosuke, GDSF Eastern Army 1st Divison

Nickname: The Wolf of Tokyo

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Appearance:

hajime_saito_318.jpg

Special Skills: Karate, military training

Personality: Kagemura is a model of efficiency. He wastes no movement and wastes no time. Everything he does is methodical and orderly. He is timeley, efficient, and capable, but also unfeeling, distant, and stubborn. He is motivated by his sense of duty to protect the people of Tokyo.

History: Kagemura Gosuke enlisted in the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force instead of moving on to university, a move that led to his very conservative and educated family distancing themselves from him. Though his family wanted nothing to do with him, he found fulfillment in a military career, eventually becoming a Captain within the Eastern Army's 1st Divsion, whose purview was the defense of Tokyo. As an officer of the GDSF, he received extensive military training in weapons and martial arts. His exemplary service record mainly revolved around disaster relief missions and his ability to contain chaos and ensure civilian protection. It was during these missions that he became known to his peers as "the Wolf of Tokyo."

It was these qualities that led to the JSDF assigning him to Tokyo to facilitate civilian protection. Violent crimes were still being reported (in truth these were the fallout from Sekirei battles) despite local gangs and Triad activity being at an all time low. Such discrepancies were only realized after HMTAI began taking a more active hand in the governance of Tokyo, prompting the JSDF to send Capt. Kagemura to investigate.

The captain has his suspicions that HMTAI is more directly involved with the greater mystery involving the city, but has yet to produce active proof. A few Sekirei have noted the captain's activities as a staunch defender of the innocent, but he has yet to make face-to-face contact with any of the species. HMTAI has circumspectly screened him as potential Ashikabi, though he is unaware of this fact.

Other: While designed to be the Ashikabi of Sora, Capt. Kagemura is a potential Ashikabi to any Sekirei with a strong sense of honor, duty, or repsonsibility, especially if it involves protecting a faction (civilians, other Sekirei, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok after looking over it in more depths I have more problems with it:

To many abilities on one character. Izumi's abilities for example are extensions of her phantom force powers. She can use her energy blade to either indirectly attack or used for range abilities which are visualized by energy. Your character needs to be nerfed pretty good. Having reflexes good enough to dodge bullets/cut bullets and cut through steel is pretty top tier as it is. I'm hesitant to even accept that and am heavily leaning towards saying no to that. That's basically saying he can keep on par (When awakened at the very least which gives him even more powers) with tier one sekirei whom are capable of causing miniature earth quakes (Mutsu/Benisubasa both discipline squad members), control wind (Kazehana), and dodge bullets in the case of karusuba.

Here's the deal pick one area you wish to expertise in and do that and fit your weapon to that. Quakes/Physical powers are more aligned to blunt based weapons such as fists and hammers and the like. Cutting through things and being speedy aligns to weapons like Katanas, machetes, daggers, etc. And air alignment is something for norito use as it is a extremely powerful useage.

Let me put this in perspective: You can practically be a one man army while still being younger and less experienced than Izumi and Sayo. That's a definitive no to me. Likewise being number one hundred you should be younger around sixteen to eighteen years of age as you are of the most recent generation of sekirei. Likewise an Ashikabi is only needed for your character if Akashi makes a sekirei unless you put your two guys together into a team.

Ok after looking over it in more depths I have more problems with it:
To many abilities on one character. Izumi's abilities for example are extensions of her phantom force powers. She can use her energy blade to either indirectly attack or used for range abilities which are visualized by energy. Your character needs to be nerfed pretty good. Having reflexes good enough to dodge bullets/cut bullets and cut through steel is pretty top tier as it is. I'm hesitant to even accept that and am heavily leaning towards saying no to that. That's basically saying he can keep on par (When awakened at the very least which gives him even more powers) with tier one sekirei whom are capable of causing miniature earth quakes (Mutsu/Benisubasa both discipline squad members), control wind (Kazehana), and dodge bullets in the case of karusuba.
Here's the deal pick one area you wish to expertise in and do that and fit your weapon to that. Quakes/Physical powers are more aligned to blunt based weapons such as fists and hammers and the like. Cutting through things and being speedy aligns to weapons like Katanas, machetes, daggers, etc. And air alignment is something for norito use as it is a extremely powerful useage.
Let me put this in perspective: You can practically be a one man army while still being younger and less experienced than Izumi and Sayo. That's a definitive no to me. Likewise being number one hundred you should be younger around sixteen to eighteen years of age as you are of the most recent generation of sekirei. Likewise an Ashikabi is only needed for your character if Akashi makes a sekirei unless you put your two guys together into a team.

adjusted sora further - please review and get back to me

I reviewed his history for the first time...and with his history he'd be dead. It'd be one thing to do what he did when he was released but if he tried to escape BEFORE Magoichi released him then he would have sent out the infamous Discipline Squad and then he'd either have been returned to the island or killed. Another thing how would he have gotten off the island anyways. In season 2 (not sure which manga chapter) it was confirmed that the sekirei were on a secluded island until they were released.

As for his powers I'll allow that unless someone else has complaints.

I reviewed his history for the first time...and with his history he'd be dead. It'd be one thing to do what he did when he was released but if he tried to escape BEFORE Magoichi released him then he would have sent out the infamous Discipline Squad and then he'd either have been returned to the island or killed. Another thing how would he have gotten off the island anyways. In season 2 (not sure which manga chapter) it was confirmed that the sekirei were on a secluded island until they were released.
idea - HMTAI allows Sora's escape to see how his adjustments operate in the field; he is unaware that his movements are being tracked and being evaluated for future experiments for other Sekirei being introduced into the city

How about they released him a couple days in advance then? A sort of head start for Magoichi's number one hundred sekirei. It seems unfair for the others to have less time but since he was sent out as a sort of trial run of sorts Magoichi argued it would be to make sure that nothing bad happened to them all. In other words a couple days head start in exchange for being a possibly sacrificial pawn.

After all you would have already been out there for two weeks prior to the rp regardless as this rp takes place two weeks into the sekirei plan and unlike the actual canon CEO things haven't been going according to Magoichi 'The King' Hanabi's plan so he's deciding to speed things up a bit.

How about they released him a couple days in advance then? A sort of head start for Magoichi's number one hundred sekirei. It seems unfair for the others to have less time but since he was sent out as a sort of trial run of sorts Magoichi argued it would be to make sure that nothing bad happened to them all. In other words a couple days head start in exchange for being a possibly sacrificial pawn.
After all you would have already been out there for two weeks prior to the rp regardless as this rp takes place two weeks into the sekirei plan and unlike the actual canon CEO things haven't been going according to Magoichi 'The King' Hanabi's plan so he's deciding to speed things up a bit.
I am down with that. I'll make the adjustments.

The Capt. Kagemura char should be reviewed, if you don't mind - it's only going to need to be fielded if your other players end up not showing anyway.

I'll review the good Captain, ironic since that's the face I used for Captain Jason Hiyan in my older gundam rp, once either of them makes a Cs. Until then he will be put into a spare position unless you want me to review him so you can use him for your sekirei so you don't need to worry about the others if they don't make a female (or male) ashikabi.

Keep in mind sekirei are gender neutral. boys can be winged by boys and girls work the same way.

i'm aware. should (heterosexual) Sora be male-bonded, i was going to work a bromance angle on it. i realize that sekirei is generally more romantic in their relationships; i have not seen any glaring reason why non-sexual relationships wouldn't be allowed within the canon, unless that is what you as the GM want.

Take into account Mutsu and his little dick of an ashikabi Mikogami. They bonded after Mutsu saved his butt from thugs. Mutsu doesn't like it very much but he deals with it and follows orders due to the nature of them. Likewise you could make one of them bisexual if desired that could help even things out.

any other input before i begin posting? i want to hammer out the last-minute details

Besides the fact that I have yet to formally accept either character? (see post below this one)

The Captain being in on the sekirei plan is iffy especially since we're going to be working together after the prologue and the sekirei guy you have seems to heavily dislike anything related to HMTAI similar to Izumi but her personal dislike is something entirely different. It's one thing if he was offered a job or was a part of the group the helped raised the sekirei, sort of a sub-unit of normal humans as a first line of defense before the discipline squad. Keep in mind we're on the third generation squad like the anime. The second squad still has some members affiliated with it but for the most part it's a whole new generation with numbers for the most part picked between the seventies to the hundreds meaning you'd be interacting with the late second to third generation since you were serving with the military for enough time to gain the title 'The Wolf'.

Another thing is the following: He is still affiliated with HMTAI which will cause rather large problems with the allies we will have and other sekirei whom have a distaste for HMTAI. The likelyhood of the guy whom will be gathering us together getting a member of the security force is very unlikely so at some point he would need to have dropped the affiliation in order to be an applicant for the events in this rp to transpire. Likewise he would have knowledge of the HMTAI HQ but no details on the sekirei plan outside of what he would need to be effective at his job meaning where to go and or special locations and these may have changed entirely during the transitional period.

A quick note about the above post that changed after reviewing the character I will accept the sekirei as he is now.

Last edited:
Besides the fact that I have yet to formally accept either character? (see post below this one)
The Captain being in on the sekirei plan is iffy especially since we're going to be working together after the prologue and the sekirei guy you have seems to heavily dislike anything related to HMTAI similar to Izumi but her personal dislike is something entirely different. It's one thing if he was offered a job or was a part of the group the helped raised the sekirei, sort of a sub-unit of normal humans as a first line of defense before the discipline squad. Keep in mind we're on the third generation squad like the anime. The second squad still has some members affiliated with it but for the most part it's a whole new generation with numbers for the most part picked between the seventies to the hundreds meaning you'd be interacting with the late second to third generation since you were serving with the military for enough time to gain the title 'The Wolf'.
Another thing is the following: He is still affiliated with HMTAI which will cause rather large problems with the allies we will have and other sekirei whom have a distaste for HMTAI. The likelyhood of the guy whom will be gathering us together getting a member of the security force is very unlikely so at some point he would need to have dropped the affiliation in order to be an applicant for the events in this rp to transpire. Likewise he would have knowledge of the HMTAI HQ but no details on the sekirei plan outside of what he would need to be effective at his job meaning where to go and or special locations and these may have changed entirely during the transitional period.
then how about we drop the HMTAI affiliation entirely

he is instead assigned to Tokyo by the JSDF only; you've already hinted in your initial posts that HMTAI is rapidly gaining control of the city. the under the table concession to that is that the Japanese government gets a representative to help facilitate the protection of its citizens - in this case, the captain.

this way, he continues to work peripherally with the Sekirei Plan in that he is trying to contain the battles from spilling onto civilians. he would have no knowledge of the inner workings of the Plan or HMTAI itself.

his Wolf nickname is earned from his prior service record rather than from being involved with the Plan. he will have to earn being respected/feared by sekirei in the RP itself.

from his perspective, HMTAI's experiments are simply that - experiments. his job is to make sure these confidental experiments don't harm others. he ends up getting involved in the Plan the same way all other potential Ashikabi do - being in the wrong place at the wrong time and probably getting hit with tits.

How about this: he is aware that there is something up in the city as rivalries between ashikabi have already formed and one of the local mafia gangs, triads, have been less active but the battles and the sekirei themselves are a mystery to him? He can have notions that HMTAI is behind this but unless someone flat out told him then it would only be that. He may be respected by some sekirei for protecting civilians but unless they were particularly spineless or craven sekirei then fear wouldn't apply to some of them.

i am ok with that.

i'll edit the char sheet in case your other players fall through.

Alright in case no one else posts then they get put together. If someone needs a sekirei and the other needs an ashikabi then they can go to each other however if someone doesn't need a sekirei then the other guy (the captain) may be dropped entirely based on if you want them to pair up.

please negotiating with you

let me know if we need to field the captain

Status
Not open for further replies.