Seeking Dedicated Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nameless Get it. I'm curious to see what you have.

@Zella Celeste The Fellowship. I like that.

@Kaykay Welcome! So does a larger font size help you read better? Is it something where youc an just copy and paste it to word and enlarge or double space it? I'm imagining it's an eye problem.

Thank you! Yeah, if the font is large or there's multiple colors or something that helps and I've copy-pasted walls of text and broken them apart to read them before. It is indeed an eye problem.

Well, I for one, like the use of multiple font colors for speaking parts. Jazzes up the posts.

I do as well, but I almost always use iwaku on my cell, and the codes and stuff get to be a hassle. So if I use codes, I'm either on the computer, or do it for someone else's sake on the phone and take a little longer to post.

I always post with colors for dialogue. I, from time to time, will pull a speaking part or two from someone's post to better integrate, so it's always good to have that separation.

I definitely agree, I just generally hate taking that extra time with it already taking me a little longer to reply on mobile, but I can probably make an exception for The Fellowship (totally calling the group this from now on by the way.) If it's that much easier or preferable for everyone. ^^~

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
I definitely agree, I just generally hate taking that extra time with it already taking me a little longer to reply on mobile, but I can probably make an exception for The Fellowship (totally calling the group this from now on by the way.) If it's that much easier or preferable for everyone. ^^~
Don't make things overly difficult for yourself(: If you can't do it, then I'm sure all of us will understand. I personally do. I opt out of using colors when I'm on my mobile because of that actually. I tend to go back and fix it once I'm on the computer though.

Ah, don't worry about it. As long as it doesn't look like this:

wall-of-text.jpg

I'll wade my way through it. I don't want Ms. Crap-for-eyes to make things harder for everyone haha.

Reactions: Zella
I have a computer, but no internet at the moment. I moved recently, so I can only use my phone and mobile data sadly.~

wall-of-text.jpg

I'll wade my way through it. I don't want Ms. Crap-for-eyes to make things harder for everyone haha.
Oh lord. I think that would drive me absolutely nuts. It's okay though(: I'm sure everyone will try their best regardless. We understand your situation too in our own way ^^

Well I had an idea for that mixed race kingdom and here it is!

e0d8099306a40e6665b3de37ccf0a0f9.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]ZarcadiaThe Kingdom at the center of the world. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Zarcadia is one of the richest kingdoms in the known world. Its crown jewel the great city Belmont is the largest city known by all the race. The Kingdom is located in a tropical climate with only a dry and wet season. Most of the year Zarcadia is hot and humid, and while it rains frequently throughout the year the tropical storms of the wet season can be devastating if you are not prepared. almost a third of the kingdom is covered by a single massive rainforest home to many strange and unknown creatures. While its outer edges can be traveled through with relative safety no one has entered the forests center and have come back alive. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Zarcadia is not governed by any royal lineage or any single leader. It is ran by a council of Merchants who own most business in their lands and the leaders of the each city. The lands are only protected by a standing mercenary army that the merchants are pay for while most of the policing of the cities are done by the forces appointed by each city's leaders. City Leaders are appointed by the people making Zarcadia democratic in a sense. That freedom makes Zarcadia a safe haven for all races.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I also promised to post a more detailed introduction about myself when I had the time.

My name is Garth, you may call me Garth, or by my user, whichever suits you best. I'm a 33 year old office professional from North Carolina, which means I work a standard 9 to 5. Earlier I said that I started in '99, which is a bit off. I started back on a site called WBS.net back in my sophomore year in high school, which was 97. My very first characters were fantasy characters in a free form fantasy chat roleplay room. I stayed with the group there until the site closed down and we went from WBS to a place called Illusionary Minds. I spent another 2 years there.

I jumped from fantasy to Sci-Fi for a while when I moved to Ethereal Realms. Star Trek was my game, not because I was particularly interested in it, but because the chatter base was just genuinely friendlier and more accepting of new comers. When ER closed down, we migrated over to another chatsite named after the original WBS.

On the reimagined WBS, I was approached and talked into hosting a chatroom based roleplay on Star Trek that was titled Star Trek Millennium. For the four years I was an undergrad in college, I hosted and participated in all functions of the room including admin decisions, conflict management, storyline development… some of my closest friends came from that group, and to this day we still talk.

I enjoy roleplay. I'm addicted to it. Almost 20 years of something will do that to you. I have played every genre I can think of, and find myself more drawn to villains than anything. I love to play the darker side of human nature, so my characters tend to reflect that. I also like to take the stereotypical good guy, perched high on his morals and his belief in honor, and create a situation to make him fall. Just my idea of a good time I guess.

My favorite part of roleplay is the interactions with my partners. The out of character chatter, the stories, learning about everyone, participating in part of someone's day from miles away. I love the intimate friendships it create, and the stories born out of those friendships.

We are going to have fun.
Very passionate of you.

wall-of-text.jpg

I dislike half the size of that already. Reason simply being that I already have a fairly big screen. It just gets annoying.

I'm wondering if we should make a new thread dedicated to the group now that we have a considerable number of people. I'm good either way, I just more or less wanted to ask.

I'm wondering if we should make a new thread dedicated to the group now that we have a considerable number of people. I'm good either way, I just more or less wanted to ask.
would had suggested a group because it would be easier to handle the world building and everything else. But group creation is now turned off.

Nameless: I know. I had thought about a group for that reason.

How about I create a thread in the non-rp section for our talking, and then we have this one for ideas, brainstorming, and the like. I wanna keep the chatter up, but don't want to lose the ideas in the process.

Sound ok to everyone?

We could create a group in skype if everyone has a skype and is comfortable with that. Then we could leave all the world building on this thread to keep it together and neater.

-edit- Or a thread works too xD

Skype works or a thread. I have no problem with either.

Lets stay on site. I don't want to lose anyone because they don't particularly have a certain program. The site is the one thing I'm sure we all have access to.

Completly open with race selection?

Is war raging?

What are the other two kingdoms/empires(w/e)?

One suggestions we already have:
Well I had an idea for that mixed race kingdom and here it is!

e0d8099306a40e6665b3de37ccf0a0f9.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]ZarcadiaThe Kingdom at the center of the world. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Zarcadia is one of the richest kingdoms in the known world. Its crown jewel the great city Belmont is the largest city known by all the race. The Kingdom is located in a tropical climate with only a dry and wet season. Most of the year Zarcadia is hot and humid, and while it rains frequently throughout the year the tropical storms of the wet season can be devastating if you are not prepared. almost a third of the kingdom is covered by a single massive rainforest home to many strange and unknown creatures. While its outer edges can be traveled through with relative safety no one has entered the forests center and have come back alive. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Zarcadia is not governed by any royal lineage or any single leader. It is ran by a council of Merchants who own most business in their lands and the leaders of the each city. The lands are only protected by a standing mercenary army that the merchants are pay for while most of the policing of the cities are done by the forces appointed by each city's leaders. City Leaders are appointed by the people making Zarcadia democratic in a sense. That freedom makes Zarcadia a safe haven for all races.[/BCOLOR]

I could probably create the other two, but I would rather not contribute to the nations themself, far more interested into culture building and fleshing out the world and it's history.

We can vote on entries or adopt as many as the group wishes.
Just to remind everybody that we can also vote on nations we want or decide on more than just three nations.

Status
Not open for further replies.