Secrets and Forbidden Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josephine felt Mat brush against her slightly when he stepped forward, wondering what he was doing. His arms wrapped around her, and she blushed. "Mat, what are you-" Her voice was cut off when his lips touched hers. Her breath stilled in her chest, her heart fluttering. Instantly he pulled away, and she stumbled a little, caught off guard by his sudden movements; and the kiss, as slight and chaste as it had been. He steadied her on her feet a little before he spoke, obviously flustered by his own actions. "I- My apologizes. I don't know what came over me." As he backed away, she wondered if he regretted what he had done. If he was upset at himself. A smile lit her expression, though her cheeks were red as berries. "Never apologize for something you truly feel. It gives the wrong impression." She took the steps he had retreated, though slower, giving him time to stop her if he wanted to. Josephine leaned up and kissed him on the lips, very gently and very lightly. After a moment she pulled her lips back a little bit, sighing. "For that, I am not sorry."
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">

He was unsure of what was happening when she walked forward but soon enough figured it out when she kissed him. He smiled and put his arms around her again as they kissed. He was sure she could feel his heart beating from how close they were and all he could do was smile as he kissed back. She pulled back and said with a For that, I am not sorry. He replied "Neither am I." He kept Josephine in his arms and just stared at her, basking in her beauty. She was wonderful. During that short amount of time they had kiss each other a couple more times. "Your so beautiful." He whispered before giving her one last, longer kiss.

<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">Josephine smiled a bit against his lips as his arms wrapped around her. His embrace was comforting and gentle, his touch electrifying. All of this was so new to her, but she absolutely adored every second she spent with him. After a few more kisses, her heart was galloping in her chest, pounding uncontrollably. "You're so beautiful." Josephine's lips parted to answer, but her words were silenced by another kiss; this one a bit more passionate and longer held. One of her hands twisted gently in his hair, running her fingers through his thick locks.

He looked at her when they were done kissing. He was so happy she wasn't freaked out by him though he didn't know how she would react since he lied to her about his name... he figured he wouldn't tell her. She fell in love with him, not the prince of the kingdom. "Well, we have the rest of the day, what do you feel like doing?" He said still keeping her in his arms, he liked when she was there, though he really didn't know why. "We could have a picnic, I can run and grab some food."

((Ooo, what if a guard or someone follows him back and sees Josephine, then returns to tell the king ^^))

"I fear I cannot remain out too long. Lest my door be locked, window be nailed shut, and only allowed out for meals and the privy. I mustn't be caught away from home." Josephine couldn't really explain why this was, because she didn't understand it herself. Her family seemed so worried that she would be hurt; there were many who hunt in the forests and are never caught. What made her so special? Why were they so clingy and protective? She burshed it aside and savored the moment of freedom she had; in the forest, alone with Matt. "But a picnic. 'Tis a wondrous idea."
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">

((That or she could be caught by a noble while he is away and she finds out he is a prince in the court, whichever one you choose))

"I will go fetch the supplies." He said with a smile as he kissed her quickly on the lips and hesitated to let her out of his arms. When he finally brought himself too it he ran off into the forest to fetch some food items. Nothing too fancy, sure he wanted to impress her but he couldn't pack a meal fit for his father... He looked around and grabbed some salt bits of left-over meat that most people would eat but the king would feed to the dogs... he said only fresh meat is good enough for him. Whatever he eats has to be killed within that day. Mathias grabbed a nice basket that a noble man might have lying around and filled it up with bread, meat, salt, juices, and a small jar of berry's that he could say he picked on the way. After all it was only picked this morning by one of the servants. It should be believable.

((I actually have a little plan for how she finds out he's the prince ^^))

Josephine nodded and kissed back, smiling pleasantly. When he left, she sat against one of the trees to await his return. Her mind jumbled with thoughts, flustered with emotions she didn't recognize and confusion. He was as sweet as could be, handsome to match, and had a kiss that hinted of dreams. Could this all be her imagination? Her hand went to her lips. No, his touch, his kisses were too real. She can't be sleeping still. And he was so unlike everyone else of his class. Nobles were so greedy and snobby. But Matt... he was anything but the stereotype. And out of all of this mess, there was one thing she knew for sure; she was in love with him.

Mathias quickly ran outside and passed the guards on the way out. They were all talking off to the side so he figured they would not see him and within ten minutes he was back with Josephine. "I'm back." He said panting with the basket in his hand. "I have everything from the blanket, -gasp- to the berrys." He was out of breath after sprinting threw the forest for so long. "Lets go to the rock." He said talking her hand and walking, a bit slower than usual thanks to him being out of breath, to the rock where he usually lays as well as the place where she left the picture. He figured it could be a spot they could be alone at. Maybe each time pack a picnic or something.

Josephine got up as she heard footsteps, smiling as she caught sight of Matt. Laughing a little bit. "You need not exhaust yourself for my sake, Matt." She snuck a kiss to his cheek before he mentioned going to the rock and the river for their picnic. Her response was nothing less than ecstatic; with her nodding and grinning. Her fingers laced with his, the female followed along with her secret friend, enjoying this freedom and happiness while it lasted. It wouldn't be long before she was stuck inside her home again without any way to be with him. Josephine glanced up at the handsome noble. "Have you waited by the river for me? I would hate for you to have awaited me and I not be given the chance to reward that loyalty."

"Yes, I did wait by the river." He said with a smile as he helped her onto the rock "So what is this reward?" A smile crept onto his face as he thought of all the things it could be. He brought out the blanket and laid it down before motioning her to sit on it. He sat on the opposite side and placed the, now uncovered, basket in the center. He looked up from the basket and basked in her beauty, even after seeing her so much he still was breath taken every time.

Josephine thought hard for a moment for a response, wondering how to make it up to Mat for all his patient waiting left in vain. "I know not just yet... but I promise you, I shall come up with a repayment. A promise to come out here whenever possible, perhaps? But how are you to know when I am free to leave my home or stuck inside under guard?" She sat on the blanket after it was set out, smiling and still thinking. "Either way, I will make it up to you somehow, sometime. I will find a way." The young maiden tried to peek into the basket wondering what food had been brought. The aroma of it tempted her nose already, she could smell it from where she sat, across from her friend. "So what do we have for our picnic, hmm?"

"Well,-" He said taking out the items as he listed them "various meats, bread, salt, berries and some juice." He said with a smile as he had them lined up. "I also have plates and what not inside the basket." He pulled out a plate and put a piece of meat between the sandwiches, some berries on the side and poured himself some juice in a glass. "I hope everything is fine. If you want something I could go fetch it." He said taking a bite out of the sandwich he had just made. Leaned to the side and half laid on the blanket still looking at her with a smile. As he looked over her his eyes stopped at her necklace again, he still wondered how she had gotten it but she said she didn't know. Maybe it had something to do with why she wasn't aloud out of her castle. He figured someone in their heritage was a thief and swiped the necklace at some point. Maybe they were afraid of someone seeing it and kidnapping her as payment for stealing the necklace. She was gorgeous after all, she would make a great maid... or worse depending on if the necklace didn't only hold currency value...

Josephine listened and watched each bit of food that appeared from the basket. Her eyes were wide; this was better food, and much more in quantity, than her family saw in a week of meals. If not more. Then again, they were very lower of the noble chain, so it was barely a surprise. Still, that amount of food was enough to make her think she was dreaming. "I hope everything is fine. If you want something I could go fetch it." "No, no, this is plenty enough. I dare not ask more of you." Being careful not to seem like she was starving, she made herself a sandwich too and poured herself a half glass of juice. The bread wasn't stale, the meat was surely no more than a week old, and the cheese tasted very freshly made as well. The taste was more than she could ever ask for. After savoring her first bite, Josephine snapped to her senses. "Thank you, for all of this. Really, I truly appreciate it." His gaze distracted her, focused upon her chest again. The blushing returned, then she remembered her necklace. Where had she gotten it? She too was curious.

With all of this happiness and distraction, the young maiden didn't hear movement that occurred nearby. The noise of retreat soon faded to silence, quick to be forgotten even if it had reached her ears. Surely it was nothing more than an animal of the forest. Nothing to concern over.
<input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">

After realizing he was staring at her, in a place that could have made her think he wast looking at her cleavage, his eyes shot up to hers and he smiled "Sorry, I think your necklace keeps demanding my attention. I have never seen something quite like it before and yet it's so familiar. It's strange I must say." He said focusing on her beauty instead of her jewelery. He thought he heard something scurrying in the forest nearby and looked over in the direction. The sound had faded by the time he looked and he figured it was just an animal, it was too faint to be a humans anyways. "So, what can you tell me about yourself?" He said in attempt to make conversation. Truthfully he didn't know much about her... other than what little had been said and the fact that they somehow were already dating, he knew absolutely nothing.

Josephine laughed softly and smile, giving a small nod to show she was not accusing him of anything more. He was a proper man, he would not do such a thing. "It is strange indeed. My family says was a gift to me from a long dead relative of mine, but would not explain anything more when the topic arises." "So, what can you tell me about yourself?" A quiet moment passed before she began to answer. "Well, I come from a family who is very defensive of me, as you have already figured out, though they claim it is only because I am too weak to defend myself. Completely untrue, might I add. Anyhow, we are not exactly the wealthiest nobles, and honestly with the laws and taxes raising, my parents can barely keep that status. I hunt out here to gather food, as meat is quite expensive nowadays, along with my older brother." She wondered if she was talking too much, and fell quiet after that. "And you? Tell me more about yourself, if you mind not."

He listened to her and as he had already figured she hunted in the woods for food. "Well, I come from a.. wealthy family," He said making sure to choose his words carefully "we have plenty of servants and guards." He continued "We have a.. large farm that we hire peasants to maintain." He said still trying to weave his way from lying to her but still not telling her the truth. It was a fine line indeed but he figured he could manage "I know the king, though he is not one anyone would want to know. I am in court a lot but I never am suing or being sued." He thought for a moment more "Really I don't think there is much interesting about my life."

Josephine listened intently to each word that Matt spoke, smiling. Her chin perched upon her fingertips, head tilted slightly with interest. "Really I don't think there is much interesting about my life." "Nonsense, there is always interest in everyone's lives. My family has never been to court, because of our status you would guess. My parents aren't very interested in politics either." She took a sip from her glass, savoring the delectable taste. "But your family must be very high up, to know the king firsthand. I wonder what he means by running this poor kingdom into the ground like this. 'Tis quite cruel really, with the taxes many cannot pay, and food prices so high that almost all must starve. I am lucky, so many are not so."

"Yeah, and he doesn't listen to anyone, just a fat man with a strong nature of greed." He said finishing his sandwich. He looked at her and thought it was funny how she was enjoying every small taste she takes "I guess you don't always have fresh food like this?" He said with a smile. "You know the king would throw this to his dogs. Only stuff killed and made that day would be good enough for him." He started to pick at the berries and smiled again. He couldn't help it, every time he looked at her a smile lit up his face. She was just someone so curious, seemingly innocent... she was really cute. He just wished she would not be held up in her house so much, they really needed to let the poor girl have some freedom.

Josephine nodded, unable to agree more with Mat's statement. She took another sip from her cup and gulped down another bite of her sandwich. "I guess you don't always have fresh food like this?" She shook her head vigorously. "Truth be told, this is more food than my family sees in weeks. Let alone of this quality." Which would explain her wiry frame and weak looks. Most would assume she was as feeble as a lamb, a reason that she was so heavily guarded she thought. But really, she knew how to defend herself quite well. Many were not as quick as the young female had become; years of chasing down rabbits and deer helped to improve that. "You know the king would throw this to his dogs. Only stuff killed and made that day would be good enough for him." "Another show of his greed. No surprise to me." Another bit of her sandwich disappeared. "I have heard he has a son, though no doubt he is no better than his father. I have not been out enough to hear of his name though, or see him, so I would know not. You can only assume." If she'd had even the slightest clue as to who her friend really was, she wouldn't have spoken any of that. But she only knew what her family told her, or what she overheard while she was out in the market with Alyx. "Have you met the prince, Mat?"

"I have met him plenty of times. I guess you can say we are close enough where I know everything about him as he does to me." Mat said thinking "His name is Mathias, and he hates his father. He doesn't like to be helped by the servants because all of them get to clingy to him. Really he is a true oddball of the nobles and royals. He likes to be away from all the chaos of the castle." He said trying to speak truthfully without trying to complement himself. It hurt to hear her talk of him in such a way, though she did not know, and it hurt even more so to think that the towns people thought of him as such. He kept it well hidden however, he would not tell her he was the prince... not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.