Secrets and Forbidden Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josephine had gotten part-way to the river before she realized she had left the blanket behind. Stopping for a moment, she decided it would be better to return it now than have it be found later by her family. She quick darted back to the house, gathered the picnic blanket, and returned back to the trail towards the river. After another half a hour or so, she finally reached her destination, finding Matt asleep on his rock. A smile quirked her lips; he looked so handsome, with the sun glistening down on him. The young female snuck over towards her friend and gently tapped his shoulder. "Matt? Come now, you can wake up." When tapping on his shoulder didn't really work out, she tried a few other tactics. Eventually she settled to a more dramatic approach, and leaned on the rocks, kissing him lightly on the lips. If that didn't wake him, she didn't know what would.
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">

Mathias smiled when he woke up to his favorite person that he ever had the pleasure of meeting kissing him on his lips. He opened his eyes and looked at her "Good morning." He said with a smile "but I think I'm still half asleep, can I have another?" He said with a small smile coming over his face. Slowly he got up and stepped closer to her, he opened his arms and pulled her close to him before kissing her again on the lips. He had a large grin on his face that may also be seen on a child's face during Christmas. She was his holidays, just then he noticed her necklace again and took the opportunity not to stare at it but to ask her about it. "You know, they say another king and queen ruled before my father took over. He said they were all killed but one, and that one has gorgeous hair the color of copper and eyes that are bluer than the sea." He embraced her again and could tell these small descriptions were true about her, "She ran away when she was little, as her parents were brutally killed." He said still holding her delicately in his arms. "You know, the girl got out with her life and somehow has not been found." He watched her with a gentle smile to see her reactions to it "You know, I tell you this because you match the few descriptions of her, as do plenty others but wouldn't it be nice if that was where your necklace came from?"

Josephine smiled and snuck another kiss after Matt awoke. "You're not sleeping though; this is reality." And a third kiss after that. After he got up and wrapped his arms around her, she laid her head against his shoulder, smiling happily. His presence was all the happiness she needed. "You know, they say another king and queen ruled before my father took over. He said they were all killed but one, and that one has gorgeous hair the color of copper and eyes that are bluer than the sea. She ran away when she was little, as her parents were brutally killed. You know, the girl got out with her life and somehow has not been found. I tell you this because you match the few descriptions of her, as do plenty others but wouldn't it be nice if that was where your necklace came from?" Josephine listened, but her reactionwas more of curiosity than realization. When her necklace was mentioned lastly, her hand rose to grasp it gently. The metal was cold and smooth in her hands. "I cannot remember my childhood... I don't remember any other life than the one I live now." The thought went through her head, but it never stuck. 'I'm no princess. Even if I was, my family obviously didn't deserve to rule over this kingdom...' Then again, anyone's rule would have been better than the strict and punishing rule of the current king. "If I was this princess you speak of, what would that mean? To you? To anyone?"
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">

"Well, if you were the princess that would mean your the ruler of this land. You would be rightful air to the thrown and the king would be beheaded, as well as most likely the rest of his family without any objections from you." He said with a smile know he would be safe from being behead. "It would mean I would bow down to you and be a servant." He said walking around her slowly with excitement on his face "I would server your every whim, bringing you fine foods." He continued, "and do whatever you want me to do." He smiled but it quickly faded "but the king... he would want to kill you before the word got out that your the princess."

Josephine listened and watched at Matt circled her playfully; she could tell he meant no harm by it. At the mention of the king being beheaded, the young female shuddered a little. As harsh as the man was to the people below him, he didn't deserve to be put to death. Surely he'd had a reason for taking over the throne. The thought of Matt being a servant was enticing to say the least, but not what she desired. "No, you would not be a servant. You deserve better than that." The slivers of belief that this may be true disappeared again. "but the king... he would want to kill you before the word got out that your the princess." That was very likely; no ruler would want to be overthrown.If her being found out to be the princess was discovered, he would do anything to make sure she could not take the throne. "But as I have said, there is little chance of me being this lost princess. Surely the princess had been rescued from her family's fate, and is hidden away, far from the king."

"I don't know, she was very little and said to have ran away without being told to. Her father was confident in his most trusted guards, the four that died trying to protect him." He said "You could very well have wondered upon your family and they tried to wash away the memories. You should ask them." He said kissing her cheek and taking her hand for a walk. "Ask them about the necklace, then say you saw it in a book." He continued to think out load to her "Tell them the book said the necklace was worn by a princess. If it is true that you are then they would have to come out and tell you, if you are not they would be confused. If they look confused just look like your excitement had faded and mutter 'I guess I should stop reading tall tales.' As you walk away. That way if they try and lie they could be guilt tripped into it." He said happily "If you are I will swear to guard you with my life, so long as you spare the prince." He said again as he spun her around like they were dancing and ended with her in his arms looking right up at him "You promise?"

Josephine nodded, thinking it was at least worth a try. "I do not expect a positive to this though. If I was royalty of a slaughter crown, I wouldn't be out in the open..." Then she remembered she was supposed to be outside of her house without company of her parents or brother. " 'Twould well explain why I am always cooped up in my room, as if my family fears I will get into danger if not." She thought for a moment longer, trying to think up other instances... but the ones she could come up with could also be caused by other motives. The town had become such a dangerous place, with peasants being picked off the streets one by one by the kings guards, constant rabble and fights... she could understand where her parents would be concerned for her well-being. "If you are I will swear to guard you with my life, so long as you spare the prince. You promise?" "I do not intend to have anyone killed, the prince least of all. You have spoken of him to be, in many ways, differing from his father; so why would I hold any grudge against him?" Josephine smiled up at him and stood on her tiptoes, kissing Mat gently on the cheek.

He left his hands on her hips as she kissed him and when they were done he smiled "Well, I guess I should start walking around with my sword then." He said teasingly, "That is, if you truly are the princess... even so with all the fights going on over food I should probably stay armed anyways." He said this time more thoughtfully. He took his hands from her hips and offered his hand before walking along the river side, "Soon I will have to go soon. Is there anything you want to do before hand?" He said lightly as he continued to walk. They had left the blanket by the rock "I think we will leave the blanket there for us."

<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">Josephine rolled her eyes, but nods in agreement; any noble who was unarmed would easily become a target if they wandered into the wrong part of the kingdom. When he stepped back and offered his hand, she smiled brightly and took the offering without hesitation. "I will have to go soon. Is there anything you want to do before hand?" "Aww, but we have just barely spoken." It was more of a general playful whine than a complaint towards Matt, as she knew he couldn't help it; he had duties to attend to, no doubt. Or perhaps he was sneaking out too, unknown to his family. The thought made her blood speed a little. They were secret lovers, no one knew of their secret... or so she thought. Her head leaned against his shoulder. "I want nothing more than your presence and companionship. I ask nothing more of you."

He smiled when she made her little whine, it wasn't really a complaint... at least that's what he thought, it was too cute to be a complaint. She then told him she didn't want anything more than to just be in his presence. That just made his smile grow He twirled her like they were dancing and pulled her into him, her arms crossed over her stomach and to either side. He kissed her cheek and said "I wish I could stay with you for as long as long a I live. For now I guess we will meet as the wind, in any way we can." He said with a gentle smiles as he let her turn so she faced him. His hands went to the arch in her back and he kissed her for quite a bit. "Do you think your parents would ever let me meet you? Let me go to your house?" He said already realizing they would know him. Then again they didn't go to the courts at all, as far as she had told him they never went one time. He had a good chance of not being known by them either. Still he would have to dress a step down for them to think he wasn't plotting anything...

Josephine enjoyed Mat's playful actions and gentle touch, happy that he was so sweet to her. "I wish I could stay with you for as long as long a I live. For now I guess we will meet as the wind, in any way we can." "Sadly, it seems so. Always ducking away from our families to meet like this..." "Do you think your parents would ever let me meet you? Let me go to your house?" Josephine bit her lip for a moment. "Well, I do not think that would be a good idea." Her voice fell silent for a moment before she continued. "I am supposed to stay at home, in my room while they are out and not with me. But instead of obeying that rule, I have snuck out to see you... they may become defensive and especially untrusting of you. Besides, if they found out about all of this, I may not be able to see you any longer. I'm sorry."

"I can dress down to a lower noble. Tell them that I am traveling and offer food for a place to sleep." He said still holding onto the idea "I won't tell them that we were seeing each other, maybe I will do it the traditional way. Act like I am intrigued by your beauty, you act a little shy and embarrassed by my words," A smile grew on his face "though I'm not sure how much acting that will require with you." He said teasingly "then in the morning I will ask for you hand in marriage. That's how most marriages become and then I could take you away with me or stay with you and pay for your taxes." Really he meant take away their taxes but if he said that she would catch on that he was the prince "What do you think?" He was hopeful now, he really hoped she would agree.

"I can dress down to a lower noble. Tell them that I am traveling and offer food for a place to sleep. I won't tell them that we were seeing each other, maybe I will do it the traditional way. Act like I am intrigued by your beauty, you act a little shy and embarrassed by my words, though I'm not sure how much acting that will require with you." Josephine smiled, but tried to keep an open mind. If a traveler came to the door, pleading for a place to stay, her family would not be cruel enough to turn them away if it could possibly be helped... however, if one traveler is allowed in, what would keep every other weary beggar and homeless riffraff out of their home? It would be unfair to only allow one and not any others. They could be accused of quartering a noble, which among the peasants was more serious than theft; mostly because thieves were so common now, that being stolen from was no surprise. "then in the morning I will ask for you hand in marriage. That's how most marriages become and then I could take you away with me or stay with you and pay for your taxes." The offer shocked her, and an audible gasp rose from her lips. Marriage? He wanted her to marry him? But how would her parents react to such a thing? And Alyxander? He'd probably try to murder poor Mat, knowing how portective her sibling was of her. "My home is not large though; 'twould be rare if they accepted a traveler in. Especially with me around. They dislike having strangers around me." She tried to think up some way, but really struggled to find a reasonable solution. She did, though, avoid the question of marriage; the thought was still processing through her mind.

"But you said your family needs food. That our small meal together was all you got for an entire week." He said pleading now, "Please, show me your house, let me try." He said holding her a little tighter. "Even if you don't want to be married just yet, I will wait until death for you." Mathias seemed like he was about to cry and he held her head past his shoulder as he hugged her, not wanting her to say no "Just let me try, the worst hat can happen is them saying no." Marriage might have been going to far but he spoke from his heart and he knew that was what he truly wanted. He had hoped she felt the same way but for a female in this world the choice is much more substantial. Being married to the wrong man could ruin the rest of their lives while being married to the right one can make it.

"My family does need food, but-" "Please, show me your house, let me try." " 'Tis too dangerous to-" "Even if you don't want to be married just yet, I will wait until death for you. Just let me try, the worst that can happen is them saying no." "Just be silent!" Josephine was slightly frustrated, but more upset and frightened than anything else. She hadn't meant to raise her voice, but it seemed to be the only thing that would get his attention. Her hands on his shoulders, she pushed herself back and away, her voice quiet again. "You do not understand how much you risk by this simple request. Please, Mat, just listen to me." She took a moment to try and figure out how to explain the situation without making it seem like she didn't want any of this. Because she did, with all her heart. Marriage would be a dream come true, if she didn't fear her husband would be threatened by her family's overprotective nature. But instead of refusing, her heart took another turn and different words came from her lips. "You have to be careful around them; one wrong move may threaten your well-being if it is enough. But we can at least attempt it." Josephine noticed how crushed and upset he looked and instantly felt guilty. "Please, don't be saddened, my dear. I cannot stand to see others in agony, of emotions or pain. I meant not what I seemed." Her thumb wiped away a tear that had silently snuck from his eye, looking concerned.
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden"><input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">

When she seemed to be upset with him he felt bad for pressuring her so much. It really wasn't right for him to cut her off when she tried to say no and he had a feeling he ruined it for himself. 'You do not understand how much you risk by this simple request. Please, Mat, just listen to me.' She started and he fell quiet. He would not interrupt her this time. 'You have to be careful around them; one wrong move may threaten your well-being if it is enough. But we can at least attempt it.' He nodded his head "Of course. I will do my best to make them think I am a pure gentleman. I won't even come visibly armed, that way at least their honor should hold them back. I'm sure they wouldn't attack an unarmed man without good reason." He was still a bit shaken by her sudden frustrations being shown and a when she said he could a tear came to his eye. Not because she had frightened him or he was sad but because he was overjoyed by what she said. "Thank you." He hugged her noticing she seemed concerned, "Don't worry, I will be on my best behavior." He said with a grin.

Josephine honestly was less worried about Matt than for him. "Perhaps I may show you my home early, say that You are a weary traveler whom had only been looking for a bit of shelter. My family does not return home until the evening, so it should work out..." Her voice trailed off and she bit her lip. "Do you really want to risk all of this? I could show you where my home is, if you like. But I think it may be best to let my family meet you in their own time, when I have mentioned enough about you, when I am not so fearful of their reaction." Again, she was cut from her thoughts. If she mentioned him, she would be admitting to sneaking out, since Alyxander had never met him. no matter what way she tried to look at this, it wasn't working out in any way that would protect her friend from harm. "No, I cannot admit knowing you... you will be sent off, I will be locked in my room under close watch. We will never see each other again if that happens... why does this have to be so difficult?" She was nearly at the verge of tears herself, not out of frustration towards the young noble, but more from fear and frustration at the possibilities.

"Josephine, leave it to me. Just show me your house and I will put on an act that is fit for the king himself... well perhaps a different king who deserves it." He said with a smile. "I will not mention you the first time at all. Nothing will be said about marriage and I will say I must be no my ways in the morning. Then, later on this week I will return to your home again and ask to stay another night with the excuse that I am traveling back and I thought your hospitality was so nice that I thought, if it pleases you, that I could stay again with another offering of food." He said half acting it out in the end. "What do you think? Too cheesy or not enough?" He asked excitedly. Really he was just being himself when he was sucking up to a high up noble man so it was realistic enough.

When Matt mentioned his plan, Josephine thought it over, trying to figure out if it would work out. "That may be best. Be careful if you speak of me, they may become defensive; especially my sibling. He is worst of all, and to defend me he would do anything. Best to avoid conflict with him; do that, and everything should be just fine. He's the real danger in this plan." And danger was a major understatement for Alyxander's overprotective nature. He was like a dog that was sweet as could possibly be, but if anyone dared to look at her the wrong way he would tear them to shreds. The thought itself frightened her to death. She gently took his hand, trying to push away her fearful thoughts, forcing a slight smile. "Come then, if I am to show you my home. We mustn't linger too long though, my family may return early. 'Tis not uncommon for that to occur... and after you have seen where my home is, you should head off too; I shall probably have to go inside for the day anyways, to avoid being caught sneaking around outside."

"That should not be a problem." He said with a smile as she led him to her house. He kept thinking about her brother Alyxander. He sounded like he wouldn't be much of a problem as long as he could get on Alyxanders good side right off the bat. He should only glance at Josephine one time and greet her but then focus on talking to her father, mother, and Alyxander last. Before he talked to Alyxander he would need to find some details, Alyxander sounded like the only bump in the road. He was already trying to plot what he might need and coming up with more of a story about why he is traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.