3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
I am a fantasy lover all the way. I'm willing to try new things though. My favorite types are medieval plots, forbidden romances, and plots with a lot of action. (My favorites are Slave X Master, Royalty meets Commoner, Kidnapper X Captive, overall just forbidden romance that's included in most plots I have set up^^)
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden"> Josephine

Josephine snuck silently along the forest trail, her hand ever present upon her pine-carved bow. Her ivy eyes studied her surroundings. Her experienced footsteps were almost silent in the early morning. Another typical morning for her; out hunting for food, perhaps extra meat that could be given out. There was always people who would gladly take any scraps left unwanted by those above them. The birds sang in the trees, the wind blowing through the lush summer leaves, whispering tales of lands beyond the rolling hills and towering mountains. Josephine wondered what may be wandering that day; perhaps she would be lucky enough to spot more than rabbits and rodents. Little did she know, there was not only animals wandering the woods that morn.

((hope that was good enough to start off))

Prince Mathias roamed the forest for its quietness and peacefulness. It was a good break from his horrid father and little devil of a brother. He sighed as he continued to walk and looked around seeing a small stream running with clean and crisp looking water. It was nice just to be alone with nothing to worry about. He hummed a small tune as he followed the stream to a place where he had always spent his alone time. It was a large, unnaturally flat rock that stood in the sun just next to where the stream turns into a pond. It was a great place to relax because it was so far out that it was almost impossible for someone to bump into him. He continued to walk absentmindedly.

Josephine stalked through the forest, silent as a fox, wary as a deer. Her eyes darted towards every bit of movement, every sound; trained upon every little sense. Such was a huntress's life; if you lost focus, you didn't eat. Not nearly as dire on her, but important enough. Her hunting was most of the food that her family ate. Following the trails winding through the forest, her meandering led her to a stream. The babbling of the water was peaceful and calming; she had never wandered out this far, never seen such clear, crisp water. The water in town from the wells was murky and ridden with sickness. A clean source of water like this would be a precious gift. Josephine knelt by the water's edge, pulling out a flask made from deer skin. Carefully, very carefully, she gathered and filled it with water. Her autumn hair cascaded down her back and almost reached the water in waves of its own. Her emerald eyes drank in the fresh water of the stream, a smile gracing her lips.
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden"><input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden">
<input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">

Mathias sat up from the rock seeing a small ripple in the stream that he hadn't seen before. At first he figured it was just a deer taking a drink of the fresh water before heading off to wherever they may go but something told him otherwise. He got off the rock and went to investigate, this was a curious sight. After walking up the winding stream he found a young woman filling a small flask with a slight smile on her face. She treated the water like it was holy. She did the best she could not to contaminate it before capping it off. It was a wounder what she was doing all the way out here. "Why hello young lass." He said cheerily as he walked over to her. He wanted to talk to someone that wouldn't call him 'Prince' or 'Your Highness'. He didn't take his crown with him and with any luck she wouldn't recognize him. "What are you doing all the way out here?"

Josephine was quick to gather the water and head back to hunting, knowing she should not be out too long; lest her family send Alyxander looking for her. They are always so protective of her. After capping off the flask and hiding it beneath her cloak, she readied herself to stand. Only then did she notice movement on her left side; a split second before the source of the movement spoke. "Why hello young lass." Startled, Josephine scrambled to her feet, her hand going to her bow. She made no further move to draw her weapon or attack, only trying to make the advance towards her cease. It was a young man, probably not much older than her by many winters. His smile held only honest curiosity and friendliness, no treachery, so her hand loosened and lowered from the wood over her shoulder. He was finely dressed, definitely not thin; a noble of high standing no doubt, there were many. But never out here in the woods. Not unless they were hunting for trophy and sport. "What are you doing all the way out here?" Josephine thought quick for a response. "Hunting, sir. I am sorry if I have disturbed you, I merely heard this here stream and..." Her voice trailed on, knowing better than to speak too much. Her cheeks burned a little with blush, one foot shifted to dart off at any sign of trouble. Her green eyes turned away to focus upon the grass.
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden"><input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden">
<input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden"><input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden">
<input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">

He continued to walk even with her hand on her bow. He continued to smiled and listened to her answer with great curiosity. She knew he was no peasant and he wished he had taken something much more ragged. Regardless the fact that he wasn't half starved also hinted to the fact that he wasn't of low class. Regardless he would talk too her, she at least didn't address him greatly. Merely with the simple word 'Sir', which was fine. "No, no. You didn't disturb me." He assured her as he stopped a little less then an arm length and a half away from her. "I was just curious who else would be out here with me was all." He said still holding his smile. "I could tell you were no dear." He hoped she would keep a conversation with him. He didn't want her to shy away.

Josephine backed up a little each time the male drew nearer to her. Why was he speaking to her in such a comfortable manner? The nobles so disliked and looked down upon those below them. She was no peasant; not yet anyways. Her family was barely able to keep their noble status, but could not afford to flaunt it. Not that they ever would. "No, no. You didn't disturb me. I was just curious who else would be out here with me was all." "It is not typical for a noble to be among the trees either. Unless, of course, they were hunting. I have not seen anyone else around either." She stood her ground when she felt a rock ledge behind her, keeping her from backing up. A silent gulp was the only sign of her discomfort and fear; all other signs were thoroughly hidden. Her eyes pierced the young noble, not submissively staring off at the ground any longer. Her body did not tremble, and her voice was brimmed with vibrato now. "Might I ask what you are out here for?"
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">

"Please, don't get too close to the edge." He said taking her hand and pulling her closer to him just seconds after she asked what he was doing there. "I come here for the peaceful quietness of the forest." He said now able to see the fine look of the young girl. She might have been, in his opinion, the most beautiful girl he had ever scene. She had some quality about her, some unseen bit about her, that made her likeable. Whether it was the way she held herself, maybe the pleasant way her voice flowed from her lips, maybe the slightly graceful stance she had at one point. Not anymore, she seemed a bit fearful of him. "You seem a bit uneasy." He said almost disappointingly. "I can leave if you would like."

<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">"Please, don't get too close to the edge." Josephine caught her breath, stiff a little when he pulled her towards him. Her cheeks darkened with blush wanting to pull her hand away. But she didn't. His touch sent sparks of curiosity, as he was being no threat to her. A typical noble would have run her off, try flattering her into something, or just plain ignored her. But he was different. There was something strange, unique about this boy. The way he spoke, his smile, his honest and gentle outgoing nature. He seemed only to be looking for company. "I come here for the peaceful quietness of the forest." The female nodded, understanding completely. Her hand slipped from his grasp and was cluthed against her chest, her gaze diverted out of slight embarrassment. His touch had been so gentle, yet strong. Nobles had barely any work to do themselves; that was the purpose of servants. But he seemed not that kind of male. "You seem a bit uneasy. I can leave if you would like. Josephine quickly raised her gaze. "Nay... please, do not leave for my fault. I am not used to the company of others is all. 'Tis nice, though." Her cheeks reddened a little more. "But I cannot remain here long, I must return home soon enough."

He smiled at her, she seemed a bit shy again, maybe even a bit easier. She was calming down now, and with her blush it only created a hint of cuteness to tag along with her beauty. He had never seen such a girl before and wanted to find her again after this. First he would have to befriend her, it would prove to be a challenge, especially after a first meeting, maybe he could hold her up a bit and insist on walking her home? That would be a good way to go about what little he had to impress her with. "Can you take a stroll with me?" He said offering his hand. He looked at hers pressed against her chest then up to her eyes hoping she would follow. She seemed a bit hesitant but he had a feeling she would end up accepting his invitation. "I promise I wont bite." He said attempting to calm her a bit with an old cheesy joke. It must have gone back to the tribal times where vampires where first discovered.

Josephine had always been taught that nobles were haughty and wanted nothing to do with the lower classes. But everything about this male was completely opposite of what she had known, of what she had seen before then. Who was he anyways? A supporter of the revolution? No, he didn't seem that type. And she had to admit he was quite handsome. "Can you take a stroll with me?" The young maiden hesitated, considering the offer. What harm would it do, as long as they do not stray too far north. Time was not on her side, and surely her absence had been noticed by then. But then again, what kind of chance was this? Not a common one, she knew. Why pass up such an opportunity. A small, careful smile graced her lips. " 'Twould be my pleasure, if it wouldn't trouble you." The female lightly took his outstretched hand, but did not move much closer.
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden">

She had taken his hand and they both smiled. He was delighted to have her company. "It twould be no trouble my lady." He said as he started to slowly walk down stream. He wished he could hold her in his arms and already felt the urge to kiss her. He looked over her body again when she wasn't looking, she was absolutely gorgeous. Not a single flaw about her. He wouldn't doubt if she was under a spell of beauty or maybe a vampire of seduction. She couldn't have been a lowly noble. She had looked over at him with curious eye and he smiled at her realizing he had been staring for a while. She must have though he was a creep now but he couldn't take his eyes off her. Her skin was so fine, he would have bet all his money that it would feel finer than silk, her eyes were so filled with innocence yet back with something much deeper that could have made a wise man wounder, her hair was so fine, a color that was not common, yet so... attractive that he couldn't see it on anyone but her, her body and frame was so delicate with a fine touch that created the slightest of diversity to the the dainty look about her that could make you realize she was a bit more than just a fine woman.

His staring did not go unnoticed. Josephine tried not to think badly of it, but blushed anyways; no one had ever looked at her like that. Then again, it was difficult to not let her eyes wander a little. He was good looking, to say the least. Strong, with a secretive bit about him. That increased her curiosity all that much more. He was a noble, yet didn't act like one. His looks, however, were very obvious towards his status. Typically nobles were well groomed, but not sociable unless among others of their own standings. This young man obviously didn't care about that; otherwise he would have left long before now. To try and allieviate the awkward silence between them, Josephine tried to start up conversation. "Do you live nearby? Near the forest?"

"I live.. near here." He said trying not to give away the fact that he was a prince. He had to make sure he was not walked into a corner, a spot where he would either have to tell her he was the prince or lie. Thinking before he spoke was very important at this point but he didn't mind, he was with a woman of vast beauty who seemed just as curious about him as he did with her. "What about you? Are you near by?" He asked as they continued to walk. He had noticed she didn't catch anything yet and wondered if that was a problem but he wouldn't speak about it yet. He didn't want to bring her into a conversation that was unpleasant to her.

Josephine became aware of the carefulness of his voice, as if he was picking his words carefully. What could he be trying to hide? Anyone else in town would have recognized him, known his name. But not her. Being stuck in her home 'for her own safety' had its pros and cons... mostly cons. "What about you? Are you near by?" She shook her head. "Not really... I live quite a ways from here, on the edge of town. I am far off, I have never wandered this far before now." The young female tried to think up another thing to say, to keep talking before she had to start heading back home. She had to be home before the sun set. And, with a defeated glance in the direction of the radiant orb, she found that was not as much time as she wished. "I am sorry, sir, but I am afraid I must bid you farewell. My family will worry if I do not return 'til late."

"Let me walk you home." He insisted as he again took her hand in his. He looked between her eyes as if searching for something when a slight sparkle caught his eye. It was a necklace and he almost gasped. He had never seen such a fine piece of jewelry. He looked up at her and realized it looked like he was looking at her cleavage. Before she could question him about it he commented. "Where did you get such a fine necklace?" Though on the inside he was afraid she would still take it the wrong way or be suspicious about it on the outside he kept his friendly and outgoing composure. He smiled at her again in hopes she would know he was telling the truth... although, he would be thinking the same thing if he was in her shoes. A random guy in the middle of the forest takes a walk with her down a stream that she had never seen before and was looking in the same area as her breast. It didn't look good for him.

"Let me walk you home." Josephine's lips parted to reply, but she was silent. If he was seen with her, he'd be in danger of being suspected of trouble or of harming her. Still, having his company most of the way would be a safe compromise to avoid that dangerous end result. She glanced over, realizing he was staring at her again; though this time the direction was not wandering. Her cheeks flared again with blush, and her other hand moved to draw her cloak across the front of her dress when he spoke. "Where did you get such a fine necklace?" She stopped her hand for a moment, caught off guard. She was so used to wearing the necklace that she often forgot it was there. Her fingers wrapped around the treasured piece of jewelry. " I know not, truly. I suppose it was a gift, some long time ago. I cannot remember a time when I did not have it."

He smiled and nodded "Its very lovely. I wonder who could have afforded it." He said as he pulled her arm and started to walk. "Come now. I know the way." He said as he walked. "You said the edge of town correct?"

As they walked he had such a dumb smile on his face that he couldn't seem to get rid of. He felt happy just being around her, it couldn't be helped. He looked at her once again and admired her fine curves and pure skin. It amazed him every time he glanced, this time however, he almost walked into a tree and had to jump back from the surprise. He tried to laugh it off a bit as he stepped around it, her hand still in his. They were getting close to the town now, he could see the lights off in the distance. The sun was just about fully down and it was a bit foggy so the lights created an eery mist. It wasn't so frightful, unless you knew about a vampire near by... or even a witch could use this to her advantage.

"Come now. I know the way. You said the edge of town correct?" Josephine nodded, smiling and still blushing a little. The company of anyone other than her family was a rare occurrence, especially when the company was a male. What exactly were they afraid of? Most girls her age already were courting someone, some even married. Then there was her, with no such freedom. She too was distracted, and giggled lightly when the young noble nearly ran into a tree. "Careful. Do not get yourself harmed by your distraction." As they neared the path that lead to the edge of the treeline near her house, surrounded by fog and lit with the falling sunlight, Josephine stopped. "I can find my way from here. I thank you for your company and kindness..." Her voice trailed off, realizing she didn't know how to thank him properly without his name. Her hand gently pulled away from his grasp, hesitantly. As if she didn't want to leave, but knew she had to. "Might I know of your name, kind sir, before we part? 'Tis rude for one to wrongly thank such a friendly companion."

"Math-" He coughed "Mat." He said hoping she would buy it. As far as he knew from all the people he had met and talked to he was the only Mathias. "Are you sure you don't want me to walk you to your gate?" He said looking around slightly. "Fog is a dangerous thing to walk in." He added as he gazed around. The fog was slowly getting thicker and soon enough it was only them standing in the middle of a wight and orange world. He smiled, the fog was unusual but he felt that their was no way she could be a witch. "Tis strange weather." He said putting an arm around her. "You should stay close, who knows what may be lurking." He wanted to play a little scare game with her in hopes of walking her to her house. If he could see even just part of it then he might be able to find it again. Otherwise he would have to rely on fate and fate had a funny way of playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.