Season One: The VRMMORPG "Los Worlds"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if I can be the figurehead and the wheel.

1000 years and the world has only got this far with VR... you disappoint me, humans.

Anyway, you might want to cut down the numbers that got trapped... 1 billion is, a little ridiculous, considering that your average MMO has a dedicated playerbase of around 15000 players. One of the largest MMOs ever made only has 200-300K at it's peak. Having such a huge player base, even split over every continent, would be far too crowded for anyone to actually enjoy playing the MMO, but that's more of a sociological thing so I'll only go into it if you want me to.

I'll make a character or two tonight, and I've got the beginnings of a major plot arc figured out as well, which I'll expand today.
I put 1 billion for the reason of this; our current population is 7.5 billion and in a thousand years I assume it will hit about 8.5 or 9.5 billion. Anyhow; I'll think about it becasue to be honest I was already thinking that the number of people trapped was quite high.

Real Appearance(optional):IMG_0171.JPG

Race description: Ara is a half human, half elf. His human counterpart gives him creativity and loyalty, while his elf counterpart gives him wariness, calmness, and a deadly silence.

Character Class: Bladesurger
Desc: Very high speed speed, low damage attacks that scales damage over time. Skills apply short, crippling debuffs.

Sub Class(optional): Builder/Artist

Weapon(s): Ice Blade
Ice Blade.jpg

sex: Male

Sexuality(optional): Bisexual

Real World Bio: Warden is a quiet, antisocial boy. A few years ago, his parents died in a car crash and left him to live with his grandparents. He loves peace and quiet places. Ara often plays online games and browses/draws art to drown away his sorrows.

Is it too late to join? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My application is complete. I might make a second app during the weekend.

I put 1 billion for the reason of this; our current population is 7.5 billion and in a thousand years I assume it will hit about 8.5 or 9.5 billion. Anyhow; I'll think about it becasue to be honest I was already thinking that the number of people trapped was quite high.
Warning: Pointless rant. Ignore it if you want since it doesn't really impact the RP.

But think about the sheer quantity of people that involves. We have 7.5 billion people now, and STILL only 200-300 thousand of them tops will play any given MMO. If we assume every other genre of games also moves to VR and has similar increases in quality, we'd see roughly the same proportion of players playing Los Worlds, so it'd only be around 380,000 players. Then if you consider that it includes far more gameplay than a current MMO and be VERY generous, you might be able to get that up to 760,000 players.

There is actually a reason this happens though. The whole concept of an MMO is fatally flawed by this reason, and it's why MMOs have loads of different servers - player population cap. When people play a video game, they want to be someone interesting; unique. This is why you never see a good story on an MMO - no player is unique - they're all saving the same world from the same villain, even though that villain has already been defeated thousands of times. MMOs make up for this lack of story with it's multiplayer function - there's no denying that for group RPG play, MMOs are the way to go. But that's because of the sense of community. Get too many players and the game becomes very impersonal and everyone you're playing with may as well just be an NPC for all it matters. Talking to people also becomes very difficult because every chatlog has a hundred different conversations going on. Then there's also the matter of overcrowding. When you can't even talk to the NPC because there are 50 people crowded around it so you have to wait for half an hour just to advance your quest, no one will play. Additionally, there's the PVE interactions. Some MMOs will let random people attack what you're fighting, kill it and take all the loot. Other games will prevent anyone from attacking your target, so even if you want help, you can't get it so you're stuck endlessly grinding small mobs just to kill the one you're stuck on.

As for world population... I think the max cap on that will be around 10 billion. We really can't fit that many more people in. Assuming we don't have mass genocides and that the first, second and third world birth/death rates were frozen, by 3000 we would actually see a population of 248 billion people XD Realistically speaking though, with how scarce all kinds of resources will be, world population will actually be around 5 billion in 3000.

Real Appearance(optional):
blue%20eyes%20school%20uniforms%20tie%20school%20blue%20hair%20bench%20purple%20hair%20pink%20hair%20short%20hair%20blush%20desks%20anime%20girls%20ti%20windows%20kimi%20to%20issho%20ni%20misumi%20chisa_wallpaperswa.com_53.jpg

Anime-Girl-Warrior-Wallpaper_zps04d8861f.jpg

Star Child (Plural; Star Children)

Race description: The Star Children are an ancient race which prides itself upon technology, and various powers, originating from strange artifacts known as "stars", which emit bright, shining lights of multitudes of colors. Such artifacts caused an incredible increase in technological advancement over many generations, and in time, the Star Children prospered, with the race's top innovators striving for rather ambitious goals... Advanced transportation systems, interdimensional travel, flight, and even a way to reach heights beyond the skies themselves... However, at the very pinnacle of technological achievement, a catastrophic collapse of their infrastructure occurred, causing their most prized artifacts, the "stars", to suddenly vanish... And their homeland to fall into ruins... Since then, the Star-children have scattered across the six continents, fragments of a once powerfull race, with only bits and pieces of the technology they once possessed... Without the stars to power their constructs after all, they could not maintain life the way they knew... However, despite the absense of the stars, each Star-child still retains some of their magical power they once had... And each star-child, has a unique way of using it. However, the full potential of such power appears to lay dormant within the Star Children now, as they wander this vast world as vagrants, some choosing to settle down sooner or later... While others continued to traverse the Los Worlds, seeking out the nearly forgotten fate of those they had descended from, or, simply in search of the Stars, which were once the pinnacles of their civilization and technology.

Character Class:

Shining Beacon (support) - Each Star Child is known to have a unique way of utilizing their magical powers... And in the case of Lotus, she is able to use her magic to heal, "buff", and even defend her allies... And herself, to a lesser degree perhaps... However, the stronger the "buff", especially if applied to herself, the longer it will take to cast, leaving her in a state of disadvantage, in these cases... She usually prefers to take cover in a safe place in order to perform casts.

Sub Class(optional): Do they have a secondary class?

Glass Cannon - The Star Children were known for their unique armor, and incredible affinity to magic power... Their armor appeared not to fully cover their bodies, but, whatever metals they were made up of, were extremely resilient indeed, acting as a tough outer shell to protect their frail forms. Though offensive attacks drain Lotus of mana considerably faster, leaving her a short window of time to strike, she is capable of launching hard-hitting offensive attacks, from close-long ranged combat, however... Not for long. Often times, she saves this sort of thing as a last resort, as she is left defenseless without the ability to use magic, with the exception of her staff, which is a fair melee weapon, but, this alone, will be unable to stave off foes with any affinity for magic... Despite her protective gear, her form is frail after all, meaning without magic, she is virtually as easy to snap as a twig once an opponent is able to bypass her armor.

Weapon(s): Spellcaster... However, she carries a strange staff, a weapon made of a similar alloy her armor is, a standard once upheld by the Star Children before their downfall.

sex: Female

Sexuality(optional): Pansexual

Real World Bio:

In the real world, Lucy May was a quiet, studious individual, but... Also a bit of an recluse, on her spare time, she tended to surround herself in a fantasy world, often playing video-games, notable JRPG's, where magic, and supernatural feats/occurrences were practically common-place. By the time she became a University students, she balanced most of her life with courses when she needed to take them, and video-games when she had some time to herself... Though, she still met with friends, and well, slept, ate, and did what any normal human would do, she gamed for a majority of her time to herself really... So one could imagine how excited she was when she heard about Los Worlds, eagerly, and somewhat too quickly, signed up for the "beta", not even thinking about the consequences, which was quite unlike her... And it would seem her impulsive behavior in that moment, had gotten her trapped in this virtual reality, with no escape... Except, to finish 8 major quests that would supposedly release her from the game... But, it is uncertain if Lucy wanted to leave this virtual world, after all, she signed up to escape from her rather dull life in the real world...

Real Appearance(optional): [spoili]
latest

[/spoili]

latest

Race description: Mana are magical constructs, in short. They are made out of magical energy and can shift forms at will, and can be considered a living weapon. In terms of sheer damage output, Mana are in their own league, but in exchange, their spells tend to be slow and tricky to use. For this reason, few people choose to play them. They have relatively high physical tolerance, however, they become unstable when exposed to incompatible magic and thus take more damage from certain kinds of magical attack. Which magic is compatible is determined by the element of their strongest spell. They may switch elements only once a day, since doing so is a difficult process.

Character Class: Paragon - a class unique to Mana. The most outstanding trait is their ability to switch Stances. In Power Stance, their default form and the one most often used, they are Magical Burst-DPS with colossal damage output but high charge times. Their strongest spells can take up to 30 seconds to charge, and thus they take a lot of skill to play effectively, especially in PVP. In Defense Stance, the Paragon acts as a strange tank-like class. They take reduced physical damage so can effectively ward off physical attacks, but keep up with magical attacks, to which they can be weak, using their teleport-style dodging skills. Changing stance can only be done once per 3 minutes, but is instant.

Sub Class(optional): Paragon cannot choose a subclass.

Weapon(s): Mana are essentially a weapon in themselves.

Sexuality(optional): Unknown

Real World Bio:

------------------------

Real Appearance(optional):

Package2_3.png

Race description: A Lich is a type of undead creature similar to a zombie, however, instead of becoming a mindless corpse, the Lich retains their soul, talents and flaws from when alive. A Lich's soul is stored in vessel. If this vessel is destroyed, the Lich will be destroyed too. Most Liches store the vessel on their person, or even within it.

Character Class: Necromancer

Sub Class(optional): Priestess

Weapon(s): A Godlike-rank staff of which only two have been found across all 6 continents, thus far. Equipping it automatically sets one's subclass to Priest(ess). The staff in its normal form can be used to heal allies, however, it can also be transformed into the weapon of the user's Primary class too. In the Necromancer's case, this is a scythe. The scythe's pole is simply the staff, and the blade is made of energy. Hits, be they physical or magical, made by the scythe have a passive health drain effect and also apply debuffs to the foe's armour values.

Sexuality(optional): Unknown

Real World Bio:

Last edited:
WIP

Ruby

Hotarubi

picture or a written description is fine.

Human (Void Central)

Race description:
These are not just regular humans, these are humans that come from a different dimension.

Character Class:
Temporal Witch

Sub Class:
Researcher

Class Description:
Temporal Witches can control time and space. At basic levels, they do... basics. For gameplay purposes, turning the tides of time is not a possibility. However, one is capable of slowing it down or speeding it up for a temporary boost. 'Space manipulation' would generally involve summoning items from different dimensions to slam onto opponents. It can start of as simple pots and pans to slam on the heads of others, to railroad trains to wreck people.
They can even access different dimensions, so people bring one in their party if they want to access 'secret stages'.

Weapon: What weapons do they have? Or do they use spells; if so just put "spell caster"

sex: Male, female, and so on.

Sexuality(optional): What is your characters sexuality?

Real World Bio: Who are they and why? Please give one paragraph.​

Been working on this for the past few days:

Real Appearance:
2cb70ef5db4e37185dd3286913e75aff.jpg

aa74c265bf1199c37906d056423fd2e9.jpg

Race Description: (based on the DnD 5E description.)
Half-Elves are people of dual origins. They are raised, and welcomed, in both human and elf culture. they're a strong and determined people, who are usually used as diplomats by other races. Half-elves are also very versatile, and they can adapt pretty well. They carry the flaws of both humans and elves, such as greed and pride, sometimes falling deeper than the other races. They are also an independent people, and seek lives of adventure. Half-Elves wish to establish their own kingdom, and explore in the hopes that they will one day find their own kingdom. They respect authority, and see a leader as a respectable person. Half-Elves are an incredibly trusting people. This has lead to their downfall in the past. The Half-Elves usually wear Mithril Armor, which is only found in the only great Half-elven city. They also maintain some magical ability, leading many to become clergy or mages.

Half-Elf subclass must be diplomat.

Main Class: Justiciar Paladin
Paladins are a religious knight. They serve their gods with a religious fervor, and are rewarded. Justiciars take that to the extreme. Justiciars are crusaders who try and do right in the world. Justiciars carry swords and shields and a Holy Emblem that is the symbol of the god they serve. A Justiciar can use holy magic in defense, or to heal. They must take a vow to do what is right in the world and to defend the innocent. A Justiciar can call upon his God's power to aid him in combat, and they can also consecrate an area, if they are in their god's favor. Justiciars are primarily men, but there are a few women within the order. They wear whatever armor is available to them.

Subclass: Diplomat
Diplomats are a class focused on speech. Violence isn't their go-to, but they know enough to fight when it is required. Diplomats travel anywhere they are needed to quell conflicts. A Diplomat can have a calming effect on the people around them. Usually they are religious officials and nation leaders, but can be sent by them as well. Diplomat ability is to calm people down and to bring about peace. They go with a walking staff that they are trained to use in defense. They also always have a pack with various things a diplomat might need.

Weapons: Diplomat's Staff (A basic walking staff given to all diplomats. It is made of wood, and has bands on it.), Sacred Sword (A sword blessed with a holy light that does extra damage against demons and undead. The sword appears to be made of glass, and is light green. It has a ruby embedded in the hilt.) Holy Emblem (allows him to call upon Holy Power), his shield (emblazoned witha dragon on it. Made of a strong steel.) Mithril Armor (Strong Black armor. His has a red cape and the same dragon that's emblazoned on his shield on the chest.)

Sex: Male

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Real Life Background:

Michael is the son of a UN General Assembly Representative, and also an Ambassador-in-training. Michael is generally calm and collected. His family is politically important, but they're generally down to Earth. He's a peaceful person, but will fight when necessary. He was working as an intern under his father, when he decided to take a break. He was an avid gamer in his spare time, and he picked this game up.
He chose the Justiciar so he could show his peaceful but strong and dedicated nature. His dream was to replace his father on the UN General Assembly, and eventually become Secretary General. He frequently quotes poetry, and had an avid interest in science as well as music. He gets very nervous around girls, however.

Last edited:
>gets on to two see like 3 new people join

>Notices that they're all from murder

>Screams internally becasue im so happy

>Edits Cast list

I also think we might have enough people to start the RP

I guess I'm as ready as I can be >.<

One, the cast list is updated.

Two, when we start it'll be about 3 months after the launch of the game. Its currently 9:40 PM EDT for me; give me about 25ish minutes and I'll start to write up the beginning post. However before then I'll be posting a big update that everyone should read.

Delacroix

oc_commission_18_by_blackmyst-d875kol88.png

Race description: Ithycors are descendants of mountain nymphs who cross bred into the local populations after being forced out of the hills by an overabundance of hunting by ancient Orc clans due to the magical properties of their bones. Mountain Nymph bones were essential to shaman rituals, and so they set upon the nymphs at the behest of their mystics. Fleeing to safety, the nymphs eventually crossbred into other populations with Ithycors being the result. Though Ithycor remains do hold some magical properties, they are nowhere near the potential of the pureblood nymphs who have become increasingly rare and prized due to hunting. The Ithycor race is very in tune with magic, and players who choose them will find little to no difficulty settling into such rolls as mages and warlocks. But players of other varieties needn't fret, the animalistic traits inherited by from their nymph ancestors make them decent physical starters as well.

Character Class: Brawler

Sub Class(optional): Blacksmith

Weapon(s): Delacroix is classified as a brawler, therefore she mostly wields large gauntlets sometimes with edges of spikes on them. She's able to wield blunt weaponry and swords, but often finds it easier to just recycle them into craft materials and make better gauntlets.

Sex: Female

Sexuality(optional): Pansexual

Real World Bio: One of two children of the upper middle-class Devinski Family, Anne had spent her earliest years in her older brother's shadow. Instead of the more educational focus their parents had prepared for him, she ended up in more physical ways of life. Always being one to enjoy exercise, Anne spent a lot of her free time at the gym. It was after her family moved and she left behind all her old friends that her brother introduced her to one of his favorite pass times. Settling into their new home, Anne began joining him on his ventures of the virtual. Naturally adventurous, Anne spent her free time away from the Gym and school playing games with her brother. Her determination to better herself grew as his superior skills became apparent. Even after becoming a personal fitness trainer later on and getting involved with many romantic ventures, she still made time to game when she could. Later on she managed to form a stable relationship, but even then she ended up getting her boyfriend involved in their gaming just to have a numbers advantage over her brother. It was her brother who suggested hitting up the debuting VRMMORPG Los Worlds, and hastily dragged her boyfriend in with them.

Zoltan Scourge

hollow_vergil_by_des522-d5yc5ri.jpg

Race description: Halven were originally students at the prestigious Nostrum Academy in the frozen north. Their condition was just one of the results of a series of failed experiments conducted by the staff and students that ended up destroying the academy itself. Though unaware of what began the string of failed results, the only survivors were the original Halven and ghoulish summoning circles which constantly bring hostile beings into the Academy's ruins. All of the Haven's offspring shared the same ghostly characteristics as their sires despite being corporeal.

Character Class: Swordsman

Sub Class(optional): Brew Master

Weapon(s): Zoltan primarily uses a katana and its sheath for defense and battle harassment, however, his Ace in the whole is his constant and precise use of potions in battle. From coated throwing darts to vials, he makes sure to stay consistent in his supply of brews.

Sexuality(optional): Heterosexual

Real World Bio: As Anne's older brother, Theo had many expectations placed upon him. Instead of letting those expectations and studious nudges bog him down, he instead internalized them and developed a constantly present case of megalomania. He eventually got included in several successful business ventures with associates acquired from college, mainly due to a silver tongue and exceptionally well understanding of economics. Despite a new stable income, Theodore continued living with her instead of finding a home for himself. They had been gaming with each other for a while, and Theodore could honestly say he was impressed at how far his sister came just for the pleasure of matching him, which never happened. He used their games to taunt her through the virtual world in addition to the real world, especially when she began "slutting it up" as he charitably puts it. Even when she did finally close her legs for a second and find herself a real boyfriend, Theo could hardly call him acceptable. When she brought the poor guy into their miniscule gaming circle, Theo naturally used it as an excuse to torment him in the virtual world seeing as he could only be verbal in the real world. When Los Worlds came around, he considered it an excellent challenge for him and his sister/ perfect iron maiden for that waste of a man she lugs around. But instead, the game ended up offering the young businessman so much... more... than expected.

Yaruk Sulna

SandLocust1_zps1a708842.jpg

Race description: A race of humanoid cave-dwellers, Thevrons are often mistaken as Orcs by the uninformed. Though the two races share many striking similarities, Thevrons have a much different history. Staying underground for most of their lives, the Thevrons have a much different understanding of life than ground walking races often do. Their race developed mostly through ingenuity, similar to a variety of races on the surface. Only theirs was an ingenuity based on defense. The underground was home to a plethora of beasts and monsters that on their own, the Thevrons were hopeless to combat against. They themselves developed tools to ward off the hostile beings and prosper using the various resources provided by the underground. It was only three centuries ago that the Thevron Empire actually expanded to the surface, but their time in the underground left them immediately wary of the ground-walkers. As such, the Thevrons stayed within their own boundaries and simmered within their own territories for several more decades before attempting contact.

Though not wishing ill will upon other countries, the Thevron Empire still found itself cautious, and began venturing to uninhabited areas of the Over world where they could hunker down and accustom on their own time. This continued on for over a century until individual Thevrons began striking out on their own. Though many are still wary, the number of venturous Thevrons continues to grow to this day.

Character Class: Gunner

Sub Class(optional): Artisan

Weapon(s): Yaruk can wield a variety of fire arms, rifles and other guns. He does hold a preference for MGs and pistols in battle but will use others when necessary. As a gunner class, learning how to operate different guns comes easy to him.

Sexuality(optional): Heterosexual

Real World Bio: Leo had a pretty average life, Mom worked full time while his old man stayed to take care of him and his two sisters. They did okay financially and Leo did okay in school, despite having to play older brother to two little girls that seemed to make it their mission in life to beat him down. They mellowed out as they grew up, going from acting annoying to him to acting rebellious to their parents. Leonard found he had a talent for Architecture, weight distribution and scale models seemed to actually appeal to him. Of course, sitting down and taking these measurements down didn't do his body any good in college, so he decided to hit up the gym. And that's where he met her... Well, not right away at least he heard about her first through the bragging some of the guys at the gym did. It was when he just so happened to end up on the same treadmill as her. He'd tried not to stare, failed, and ended up alerting her to him. She'd laughed at his speed before encouraging him to go faster, soon enough she ended up his personal trainer, and things ended up getting more and more personal as time went on. He didn't know why she stayed with him instead of all her other blatant conquests, but being with her was fulfilling in a way. Then he met her brother, who made it immediately clear on first contact he'd have preferred scraping Leo of the bottom of his shoe. He persevered through that, persevered through their near-hellish gaming sessions, persevered through her wild ways of intimacy, all to keep her close to him. But can he possibly persevere through this?​

Status
Not open for further replies.