School for the Supernaturally Troubled.

XD That's one way to look at it...and actually very workable. But now you've got the old Karate Kid movies stuck in my head.... wax on, wax off

I would love to participate in this roleplay if I can :3! I heard you needed another professor or head mistress. Which would you like for me to play? If professor what kind of subject would you like me to teach?

^Same here, I'm interested in playing a teacher.

self defence phys ed and math are taken i have math and self defence

I would love to participate in this roleplay if I can :3! I heard you needed another professor or head mistress. Which would you like for me to play? If professor what kind of subject would you like me to teach?

I would love to not have to NPC the Head Mistress. That would be amazing. You would have to be extremely in control of your powers, and be a calm, loving motherly or grandmotherly type, depending on how old or young you want to be, because you could look like your in your 20's but still be older if your character is immortal or whatever....and would you mind being a head mistress that teaches? You could teach either etiquette and art or English and science.

^Same here, I'm interested in playing a teacher.

I would be really grateful if you picked two classes to teach since we have such a limited amount of teachers. You two can decide which of the four I listed earlier in the post of which you would like. Whoever picks first can have it too if you don't want to waste time talking it over.

You probably don't have to know much about the English and Science unless one of the other students feels like they want to have in class time, but the art and etiquette are going to be important so pick either English or Science and then pick either art or etiquette so you each get an important part please.

My only requirement for you guys is to fill out a character sheet and get it to me as quickly as possible cause we are going to start Roleplaying at around 2PM central time. If you can't get the sheet to me then, I will allow you to join in as soon as you can get me the character sheet. ^-^ Thank you.

Character Name : Alfonso Cagliostro

Race and Power : Half-Fae; he was born from an affair between an alchemist and one of the Fair Folk, and wields considerable uncontrolled power over plants and communication with animals. Friend of all the birds of the air and the beasts of the field, and a green thumb.

Appearance : Tall, skinny, handsome though troubled. Physically weak and has a soft voice. Pointed ears, never wears shoes unless absolutely necessary and even then only cloth shoes. Deep green-brown eyes, long hair that never tangles, wears only plant-based fiber. No piercings or tattoos or birthmark, neatly trimmed fingernails, dusty calloused soles but delicate skin. Slightly tanned though originally pale, blends in well with natural substances such as stone or wood. Has a pouch of herbs about his neck and several talisman gifts from his mother, father and Baba Yaga.

Personality : Shy to people, superstitious, disturbed by consumption of meat, can have fits of anger that cause damage to property as mold, vines or insects come in response to his emotions. Has a slight fear of fire and sharp metal.

Reason for coming to the school: Needs to control his power and know how to deal with situations without letting his magic get in the way; wants to know why he has his power, and what he can do about it.

Background: When the alchemist Lord Cagliostro first entered the enchanted woods on midsummer's eve against the advice of the hag, the last thing he expected was to father a child with a Fae. Alas, the words of the old woman rang true, and his fate caught him unawares in the misted night. From the fated encounter came a child of the forest, half-Fae and blessed (or cursed, as some say) by the affinity with nature that was typical of his mother's kind. Though reluctant to learn, his father was forced to acknowledge the power of the Fair Folk, and taught the lad as best as he could. Despite misgivings on the part of the man, Alfonso traveled the woods often to speak with his mother and the creatures of the forest, and as his luck would have it, met the Wise Woman called Baba Yaga at her chicken-legged hut in the dark recesses of the wilds. Fae as he was, the hag did not eat him, but rather took him under her wing and taught him of the shortcomings of humankind and the manners and ways of the animals. With such a childhood, the lad became distant from the world of mortals and their ways, running to the woods whenever trouble came and shunning the mean children who threw rocks at him and called him Fae, though Fae indeed he was. He developed fits of emotion and rage at this treatment, and his magic exacerbated the situation, springing to his aid to bring down houses or fill gardens with weeds and thorns. He gained an ill repute among the people of the land, and guards would glare at him with suspicion everywhere he went. After an incident involving an entire hamlet torn to pieces by a sudden hedge of Fae thorns, his father decided that he had had enough with the incidents. With rant and rage and withering stare, the alchemist managed to compel the lad into going to the Private School for the Supernaturally Troubled over the protests of the Forest Gentry, enduring spoiled milk and banshee screams at night for the sake of what he considered his son's well-being. When the Fair Folk realized the man's true love, they ceased their disputes and gave Alfonso what gifts they had, and sent him off with the good will of the forest upon him. He enters the School a frightened and troubled young man with a strange past, though perhaps no less strange than many here.

We'll be starting really soon, amd just trying to get everything together in one neat area. Will post the link to the actual roleplay and we can use this thread for OOC stuff.

So, BAC, can I join your game please? I promise to post as much as I can and as well as I can.

Yes you can, I'm just waiting for one more character and then we can start, sorry I know i'm running a little late.

Thank you very much! And apologies if I don't post very well or as often as expected around here, I'm still getting used to the place...

CHARACTER SHEET!
Character Name : Yukimei Tamashi ( Headmistress Yukimei)
Race and Power : She is known as a Kitsune one of the most mysterious races out there. Among the tales and rumors on the Kitsune's are they are nothing but tricks and illusions, no one has ever seen their true form or powers. Some people say they steal the souls of men and are just spiritual beings meant to fool the minds of others.
Powers: She can mess with peoples head pretty easily due to her powers of illusions, they mess with all of your senses and can easily disable you.
Appearance :
2334o0.jpg

Personality: Yukimei is known for her respect for others and kindness. To some people she is seen as a motherly figure and cares for many people. She is even compassionate to people who may not deserve it. She does have her strictness when she needs it but she is very patient and is hard to upset.

Background/Reason for coming to the school:

Background Information:
Yukimei was born in a small cut off place in japan called Kanarisa village. It was a place for Kitsune's to live in peace cut off from the world. Their illusion magic hid them from many supernaturals and humans. When Yukimei was brought into this world she had strange red markings on her body and thus convinced the other Kitsune's she was to be an incarnation of their Goddess. Yukimei was always use to being pampered and respected highly among her race. But later in her years her powers of illusions got out of hand it got to a point where people got stuck in her illusions that they never came out of it and ended up dieing from the mental stress. Her people began to fear her and distant themselves from her and eventually they left the village. This sent Yukimei into turmoil. How could she not control her powers? Why were they so powerful? How could she fix her mess? She prayed to the Goddess for help and wisdom and all became clear. Yukimei left her village and trained her body, mind and soul for years to gain control of her powers. She helped people a crossed the world with her illusions and knowledge she gained. Rumors spread of her powers and wisdom and eventually someone came to her asking for her to be the Headmistress of this school for Supernatural beings who could not control their powers. She agreed to become the mistress and help people who needed it just like she did a long time ago.

Reason for being at the school:
She became the Head Mistress at the school to help others control their powers so they did not end up hurting others like she did. She felt like she could make a difference in their life's and be there when no one else would be.

(Is that okay ^^? If not just let me know!)

It works great thank you so much for being the head mistress.

I'll try to post at least once an hour x3 Although I might not be able to post as quickly as some here...

No problem :3! I just hope I can do a darn good job :3! And I am sorry if its late >_<!

I'm sure you'll do great. This is my first roleplay so sorry If I do something wrong.

Character Name : Andrea di Chimici [note that in Italy, Andrea is solely a male name]

Race and Power : Half faery, half wizard.

Appearance : Tall and slender. Beautiful enough to make both men and women look twice, but fey enough to make them feel that their attentions would be better directed towards a normal person. Pale and black-haired, long locks tied back at the base of the neck with a ribbon. Arcane tattoos, sharp and inky-black, trace their way from under his left eye down his neck to disappear under his tunic. Pointed ears, eyes a vivid, unnatural shade of green, like leaves in the summer sun. Very long fingers.

Personality : Mocking and sarcastic, doesn't play well with others. Arrogant, quick and clever and confident, and startlingly vulnerable if you dig deep enough.

Background/Reason for coming to the school: Born of the Queen of the Summer Court and the mortal wizard who managed to snare her favour for one summer's night, Andrea never did fit in with anyone. Even as a child who didn't know any better, he never would fit in with anyone. Maybe it was because of his ears, or his eyes. Maybe it was the way luck seemed to follow him no matter what he did, or the way those who tried to hurt him would be hurt themselves tenfold. Either way, people learnt to leave him and his father alone. This didn't stop the whispers and the hateful looks that stabbed at him when he went out.
During his childhood, Andrea was his father's apprentice, and at seventeen, he's all but graduated from his apprenticeship. All that remains are several tests, tests of character and skill and power. One of them is to spend a year at this Academy-- he needs to learn to live with the humans, even if he hates them.
He ran away to his mother when he found out. At first, she welcomed him to live among her court, as he'd done as a child. But his father came forth, and argued his case with the same silver tongue that had attracted her to him. Seeing his father's point, his mother agreed to place Andrea at the Academy. But faeries are capricious, and their queen even more so. She may change her mind yet.