Say The Words I Need To Hear

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"That's it, you're almost there..." Jason murmured, moving his hand back in so he could place it against the side of Ann's face, repeatedly moving his thumb through some of the threads of her hair. "Just move your head up, now... Enough for me to see your eyes, okay? I know you can do it."

Reactions: IceQueen
Ann heaved a long, and shaky sigh as Jason moved his hand in to brush the top of her head, moving the strands around. It took her a minute before she could finally pull her head out of her knees, tears still gracing her eyes as he rubbed his thumb along her hair. "Happy?" She mumbled half sarcastically, looking up at him for a second before looking away from him, not wanting to meet his upset gaze anymore.

"... No. But I'm sorry that I tried." Jason didn't know what to do anymore. His mind was spent, unable to come up with any possible way to bring Ann out of the pit that she had fallen into. Darkness seemed to surround her on all sides, and he just couldn't reach far enough to pull her out of it. So he decided not to expend himself anymore than he already had, moving away from her and standing up from the bed so he could go and leave her room.

Stopping for a moment once he stood in front of the door, he turned back to look at her one more time and said, "I really was hoping that you'd still believe in me, you know. But I guess that maybe I shouldn't have." Clenching his jaw, he forced himself to turn away from Ann and twisted the doorknob with reluctant finality, exiting the room and gently closing the door behind him as he departed.

Ann didn't move one inch from Jason as his tone changed, not surprised by his sudden shift away from her. He should have been afraid of her from the beginning, he should never have trusted her. She was broken, so far broken that loving someone and telling them everything the first time was hard. She felt confused, angry, and most of all, lonely as he shut the door, but she simply rolled back over and got off her bed, sitting down at her desk to work. Sleep would surely not come for her, not for a long time. Jason wouldn't come for her either. She wanted to go hide again, but she knew he would just come after her. Heck, he might not even after all. He would feel repulsed from her she was sure of it. Even she disgusted herself.

"... So how's she doing?"
"Reclusive."

Neil didn't need to ask any further questions to know from Jason's that Ann wasn't in top notch shape, simply turning his head to look over at his friend as he rather briskly exited the room, apparently not intent on sticking around any further. Sighing, he leaned back against the couch and returned his gaze to the TV screen in front of him and Clair, keeping his arm wrapped around her shoulders and stroking his thumb gently over her arm. Obviously, it was going to take some time before things between the two old friends now turned lovers would be able to really patch things up...

The wind-user lacked patience, and the audio-manipulator was too closed up about what she was feeling for anyone- most particularly Jason- to be able to try and help her. But the reason why that ended up baffling him was because they used to be so close to each other up until this point; even when it was clear that the two of them were beginning to develop deeper kinds of feelings for one another, they were still very much interactive with one another and were rarely ever seen alone without the other. So why was it now that they'd managed to become something more than just two childhood friends, the two of them were not able to connect as easily? It really was strange to him, but he figured that they'd manage to work it out in time. It wasn't his business to butt in, anyways; after all, he himself had Clair to look after, now.

--

(Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry for forgetting about this... I ended up getting overwhelmed with other RPs as well as real life, so I couldn't remember that I still had to respond to this)

Ann could hear the brisk conversation outside her room that night, but she didn't care. She was being stubborn again and not opening up, because becoming something more than just a friend had opened up a whole new can of worms that she didn't want to spill yet. She was afraid of what he would think of her. Even she had things she kept from her friends, even the closest ones. There were things she just couldn't tell someone that cared about her that way. If she did, she was sure he would just yell at her, or be angry that she hadn't told him sooner, or worse, he would just worry more about her. She couldn't let him waste his life on her and only her. He had other things to do too. Heaving a sigh, Ann continued to sketch the lonely scene in front of her, her hands easily finding the lines to draw since her feelings were quite similar. She would have to remember to get some tea later, or coffee to keep herself awake for the rest of the night.

(it's fine.)

"Ack...!"
"Oh, come on, Stevie. You're gonna have to do better than that if you want to beat me."

Jason had delivered quite the roundhouse kick to the side of his sparring partner's face with his bare foot (as per safety regulations, shoes weren't allowed to be worn on the mats during practice fights whether in-class or during free time), and sent him stumbling off to the side a little bit with his skin now reddened from the impact. The wind controller was having an absolute field day with Steven Jerikson, another student on campus who was known to be quite the bully and frequently picked on either smaller or less reclusive students, even though his own stature was not necessarily impressive and could be knocked down a peg or two quite easily.

Rather conveniently, considering the timing, the idiot had decided that his best choice was to go ahead and challenge someone whom he already knew posed quite a credible threat during a fight (as did most of the university's community), and now here they stood with the smaller brunette getting his ass handed to him. It was ironic justice in its own right, and Jason didn't intend to pass up on that opportunity.

"You just made a huge mistake, big boy," Steven growled, cooling up his hands and encasing their skin in crystallized frost as he channeled a flow of ice through his veins before thrusting an arm forth and expulsing a cloudy stream of it through his fingertips. He absolutely hated it when the other boy called him that (after all, this wasn't the first time that they've ever interacted with one another). Jason, on the other hand, merely laughed and lifted his hand without even needing time to focus his energy, immediately lifting a wall of wind that stopped the cloudy torrent in its tracks and then dissipated into the open air with the freezing substance.

"Big boy? Really?" he scoffed, shaking his head and then suddenly turning his head to face Steven again with an intense glare in his eyes amongst an otherwise placid expression. "Now you're just scraping the bottom of the barrel." Even his own voice had dropped an octave, strangely ticked off more than one would think possible by the- if anything- harmless excuse for a call-out, and with one wave of his hand, Jason sent a lethal rush of wind towards the other boy's right 'flank' and sent him flying into the air before he impacted the floor hard on his back with a cry of pain. Even for someone like Steven, Jason had pushed the limit a little much and was lucky that he hadn't ended up doing worse damage to him.

"... Useless animal," the wind user spat under his breath, turning away and not even bothering to help the groaning boy as he went to leave the sparring arena, feeling that he'd already done enough to vent some of his frustration.

And if not, he could always just go and visit the punching bag in the gym.

(Aaaahhhh, your profile pic is creepy now)

"Aaaannn~"

A soft voice called to the sound mage, who had drawn her blinds closed and shut herself up in her room. The girl hadn't left her room, aside from once when she grabbed as much food as possible and a gigantic cup of tea before returning to her room. Clair had tried to stay out of the girls way for a while, since Ann could be pretty stubborn and hard to deal with when she was angry, or irritated. Ann groaned in response to her friends calls, her fingers flying furiously across the keys as she sat at her desk.

"Ann, you need to go to bed." Clair said firmly, and Ann grunted again, not bothering to open up the door for her roommate, and instead take a long sip of her tea. It wasn't long before an irritated growl came from the other side and with a swift kick, the door cracked open. "Ann, you need to get your head out of the gutter and talk to him. We can't leave you in here forever." Clair said gently, putting her hands on the girls shoulders as she tried to coax her out of the room. "It doesn't matter. He wouldn't like me after that anyways." Ann mumbled. "It's too personal for me to share with someone that close to me, even if we are supposed to tell the ones closest to us everything." Ann mumbled, tears welling up in her eyes. It had been quite a while since she had seen him, and she didn't want to again. It was too painful.

Sighing, Clair let go of the girl and marched out of her dorm, fully intent on locking the two of them in a room until they could figure their shit out.

(Aww, but I love it~)

"Had a feeling I'd find you somewhere around h-"
"What do you want, Neil."

Jeez, this guy is just impossible. The stockier one of them both couldn't help but heave a huge inhale and exhale through his nose at his friend's stiff response, having expected Jason to be a little more... open with this situation. After all, he knew well enough now to say with absolute certainty that his friend would never give up on being around Ann no matter what kind of circumstances were involved, and yet here he was, having a sudden change of heart and deciding to be all sulky and whatnot. It was tiring to see, and now Neil had made the decision (along with Clair, during a short discussion they had with one another revolving around the other couple before they disbanded) that he didn't want to keep sitting around in a gloomy atmosphere that extended its reach out to him like a suffocating cloud.

"I don't know what happened in that room between you two, but you should have stayed with her."
"Ann's beyond helping now. There isn't anything more I can do."

Jason tried to slip past his roommate, but he himself ended up moving to block his way.

"Hey. That's not like you at all."
"Just get the hell out of my way, Neil-"
"You can't leave things like this between you two. You love her, and she loves you; she needs you, Jason."

Chewing hard on his bottom lip for a moment, Jason turned away as he thought back to that broken gaze of hers and the way she said "Happy?", stinging him with a bout of bitter sarcasm with his voice and leaving him completely clueless as to how he was supposed to make her feel any better about whatever it was that was bothering her so much if she was just going to shut the door in his face so hard like that.

"She... needs time," Jason mumbled, saying nothing else as he pushed past Neil and continued on towards his own dorm room, not wanting to have to dwell on the painful subject anymore.

(His eyes are so big~. Too big... -slowly shuffles back a step-)

(I love it that way. Just the right dose of creepy mixed with adorable~)

Ann sighed as she looked out her window, her eyes bloodshot as she looked from her screen to her window. Even the faintest amount of light was blinding to her tired eyes. She hadn't slept in days, weeks even. She couldn't tell anymore the time had sort of blurred together around day two. She was exhausted, her body was giving up on her, but the nagging nightmare of Jason's cold gaze as he slammed the door kept her wide awake and typing. It wasn't great quality, granted, but she was getting stuff done. All of it looked sad, depressing, and just lonely. It looked hopeless. Setting down her pencil, Ann leaned back in her chair, looking out the window. 'How much longer will I be able to go without him?' She thought, looking down at her hands

She hadn't been this long without Jason since the last time she was able to take a family vacation, so back in grade school. She felt hollow, and empty, and low and behold Clair was also angry with her. Soft little trickles of tears came out of her eyes, mixing with the delirious state she was in. 'So weak.' She thought to herself, getting up and walking towards the bathroom.

Jason didn't even bother to call out Ann's name as he knocked on the door to her dormitory, finally having made up his mind about coming to see her. He would let her come to him first before he alerted her to his presence. She hadn't showed up to classes for weeks, much to his (and Neil's) utter horror and Clair's frustration, who told him that she was absolutely refusing to leave her room and apparently kept busy by doing continuous work without pause. He wasn't anywhere close to being able to understand how she could go on for so long without even a wink of sleep regardless of her issue with insomnia, and the thought of her slowly falling apart because of it had really grown to haunt him in his own slumber. Even though he knew that it would probably be extremely difficult to get her to listen to reason, he had to help her somehow; he'd left her alone for long enough already, and if he waited for any more time, the chances were that she'd end up doing something incredibly reckless to herself at some point.

(Hmm... I do admit that Toothless' cuteness is still in there in part)

Ann had shut the bathroom door, leaning herself against it for a while before going back to drain the tub. The water was a murky red color at this point, and she sighed as she watched it flood down the drain. She hadn't been able to count the amount of times in the last week she had watched the red water drain into nothingness, but it had been more than she had seen in a long time. Gently cleaning up the rest of her mess, Ann let her long and mangled hair flop over the side of her face, gently pushing it out of the way as she moved out of her bathroom and back to her desk. She figured no one was home, so it didn't matter. Her usually ordered room was a mess, and it looked like she hadn't bothered to clean since that day. She was wearing pajamas that smelled stale and gross, probably from all the food she had been eating. Sighing, she sat down, taking a sip of her warm drink as she continued to work.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The impact of Jason's knuckles against the door was a lot firmer this time around when he hadn't received a response for a long while, figuring that Ann either hadn't heard him or was purposely ignoring the sounds. Either way, he wasn't planning on waiting around for much longer; but then again, that was never really his strong suit. He'd always preferred more immediate or brute force approaches towards certain things, and didn't like spending so much time with not acting instead of doing something whenever his mind was set to accomplishing any certain goal. And right now, that meant that he was very much close to simply knocking down the door just so he could get into Ann's room.

Ann looked over at the door as she heard a forceful knock on the wood, and she sighed. "I can hear you breathing. You don't need to knock. I knew you would just come in anyway." Ann said softly, turning back to her work. She figured he was just here to pick up something for Clair, or that one of them had sent him after her. But her heart couldn't tell him to go away, it wasn't in her nature to so sternly refuse the one person who had loved her for a long time, more than she could love herself.

Right... Forgot that her hearing's so sensitive. Despite his closeness to Ann, it was a bad habit that Jason had of often forgetting the extent to which her powers went and thus also displaying the validity of her fear of losing control of her audiokinetic power. As he got to experience firsthand, the results of such an event could be quite lethal and possibly even be up on the scale of being catastrophic, which was why it was so important for her to keep it in check at all times. "Of course you did. You know just as well as I do that no matter how far into the deep end you've gotten, I'll end up coming to try and pull you out," he responded through the doorway. "... You have to let me in, Ann. Please. Let me help you."

Ann sighed as she could hear Jason shifting outside the door. He constantly forgot that she could hear every breath he took, the beat of his heart, heck, she could hear all the way to that couple down the hall making a meal out of each others faces. 'Gross.....' She thought, slowly turning her chair to face the door. "Well even know, it's hard....." Ann mumbled, tucking her knees up to her chest. "It's not easy to see all the ugly parts of me all the time.... It would probably make you worry more about me, and you don't need to worry about anything else...." she said, watching the door carefully as she listened to him.

"You should have known from the start that I never signed up for easy things. I was never looking for things to be easy; as long as I could make something work the way I wanted to, then I'd be fine with it." Jason heaved a deep inhale and exhale through his nose and paused for a few seconds before he continued speaking. "Ann, that confession of mine wasn't spoken all for nothing, you know. I really do care about you, a lot deeper than just the scope of you being my best friend. That's why I want to help you even more, now... I know you've got a lot you're still hiding from me that isn't difficult to come out with, but I need you to let me in if we're going to solve anything between us. We can't fix our relationship by staying so far apart with one another. You have to let me in... You have to tell me what's wrong first, and then we can work from there."

(I love how you've now gone as far as liking the mere star that's replaced my intro post at the beginning of the thread in order to remind me that I still have a response due... XD)

Ann looked at the door and she looked away, drawing up her arms around her knees as she looked off into the distance. "These things aren't easy to come out with. If they were, I would have....." She mumbled, leaning her head onto her arms as she looked longingly out the window. "Sometimes when you see everything about one person, you loose interest, or get grossed out. I don't want to lose that, and if it means holding myself in here so be it...." Ann mumbled, letting her untamed faded green locks drape over her face as she looked out the window. "I don't want to ruin what could break so easily, you leaving me alone only confirmed that."

(Yes, because you seem to never remember)

"You didn't give me much of a choice that day," Jason insisted in reply, his eyes remaining fixated on the door as though he was staring directly at Ann while he spoke. "Even after how much I kept trying to convince you that things would be okay, that I could handle whatever other ugly truths that you had all bottled up inside of you, you ended up turning me down at whatever turn you could. How is that fair if you won't even give me a chance to try and clear your head? It's just not like you at all, Ann, and you know that you can't keep me out forever." Sometimes, it really did amaze him to know how resistant she could be under pressure, and that it certainly wasn't an easy task to be able to get through to her. And yet he still tried, hoping that she'd listen to the reasonable voice of someone whom she had known for many, many years.

(Well, I do actually remember; it's just that I- conveniently enough- end up getting too busy on occasion to devote some time to focusing on this RP, considering how fast our replies are usually fleshed out here)

(I get distracted to easily. Occupational hazard of a procrastinator.)

Ann continued to look out the window, turning towards the door as Jason continued talking. He was very persistent on trying to get through to her, but she didn't know how he would take it at all. She knew he wouldn't be ok with it, and she scratched at the large sections of gauze still covering her arms as she looked at the door, chewing on her cheek. "I know I can't. But I don't even like these ugly truths, it's not something I am proud of, and I am not really sure you would be able to see me the same ever again." She mumbled. "You can come in if you really want to know that badly."

Status
Not open for further replies.