Saved Your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wyatt chuckled a bit, "Of course I havent. You know th3y are on a buisness trip. Besides I havent exactly been conciouss long. " his parents were alolways on buisness trips... he has always basically always lived alone. He doesnt necessarily mind it bit at the same time he did wish someone was around... in case you havent noticed he is a bit chatty.

Last edited:
"Right," she said, having remember him tell her at some point that his parents were always out of town. To be honest, she felt kind of bad about that, about him having to be alone so often. It just didn't seem right to her. If you wanted to have kids, you had to be with them, even if that got older and were more than capable to take care of themselves, like Wyatt. She still felt as if they needed to be there for him at times.

"My parents are gonna kill me, once I tell them. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they found out about it already." She snorted, shaking her head. "I'm sure they've seen the insurance... They're probably pissed." But it didn't matter. At least she hadn't been killed, she could always say that.

Wyatt looked at yer, smiled a bit and lightly patted her hand, "Hey I am sure they will understand. Atleast you didnt die."
Wyatt could feel the pain was getting worst... they said something about waiting fo him to get up so they could hand him the pain killer. As of on cue a nurse comes in with two pain killer pills and water in her hands. Oh water... Wyatt could definetley use that... his throat was still dry and sore and still sounded raspy. He could probably deal with out the pain killers though. Dont get him wrong he knew it would feel great to take pain killers, but he also wanted to try to keep a clear head. The nurse smiles as she hands him the glass of water and the pills, "Alright Mr. Wyatt you must take the pills." Wyatt looked at Lana... she was giving him that same damn look. With a sigh he popped the pills into his mouth and chugged the ice cold water.

"Yeah that's... Something that they should be happy about," she muttered, shrugging her shoulders as she rubbed the back of her neck. But she almost dies, and if she told them the entire story, her running out into the middle of the road, not paying attention to where she was going, not able to get her own self out of the way as the car was coming towards her... Yeah, there were so many more things pointed in her direction. Not to mention she almost got the boy killed because he tried to save her...

When the nurse came into the room, Lana shook her head and ran a hand through her hair, turning her attention to the woman as she administered the boy some medicine. To be honest, she hadn't expected Wyatt to take the medicine, or at least without a fight or an argument of some sort. The nurse seemed very happy that he had taken the pills. "Finally decided that it would be best to just listen to people who want to make sure you don't hurt yourself anymore? Or is it just because she's a nurse?" She rose her brows at the boy, a bit of a smirk gracing her lips.

Wyatt scowled however she could tell he didnt mean it, "No actually I did it to get you to stop looking at me like that. And it seemed to have worked.... for the most part," he let out a sigh and rubbed the back of his neck. His voice defineltey was back to normal. Which was good, he was getting tired of that raspy voice he had earlier.

((Just to let you know, I'm going to be gone for the next couple of days and I don't think I'll be able to get online. I don't think I'll be back until Friday or Saturday, so if I don't reply, I definitely haven't dropped the roleplay. Just wasn't able to get on. (: Thought I'd let you know!))

The nurse, seeming to be happy that he took the pills, muttered something before walking out of the room, leaving the two of them to themselves again. Lana rolled her shoulders before smiling, laughing lightly under her breath as she shook her head at Wyatt's comment. "Well, at least now I know." She looked up at him, smirking. "All I have to do it give you a look, and you'll actually listen." At least he was sounding better, Lana figured, his voice having changed a bit after taking the drink of water. At least it wasn't as raspy as it had been before.

"So, how are you feeling?" She asked, raising her brows at him. It was probably a stupid question, Lana knew, but she didn't remember ever asking him before. After all, all she did was yell at him when she first came into the room, and it felt right to ask it, right? "I mean, like... Not pain, but just in general."

Reactions: Bryce
Wyatt gave a little shrug then smiled, "Eh, I am alright. I am not going to have PTSD if that is what you mean," he chuckled, "I am fine really." He gave her his encouraging smile to make sure she believes him. He honestly was quit calm about this... its not like he died or had to get a limb amputated. It was just broken ribs and a few cuts and bruises. He was beginning to feel the pain killer kick in a little bit.

Well that was good to hear, Lana figured. That it was doing all right in that department, though, no matter what he told her, she still believed that it was not fine in the physical sense. No matter how calm he was, or no matter how he tried to deal with all of that, the pain and cuts and what not, there was no way he didn't feel any of it. But... She knew he wouldn't let it bother him, which both made her happy but also equally worried about him.

She rubbed the back of her neck and rolled her shoulders. "That's good to hear. No need in anything physiological happening to you to mess you up," she laughed lightly, but the noise down down shortly after. That probably wasn't a good thing to joke about, her words making her wince. This is why she didn't try to joke about things.

"Oh, and congrats for getting into Stanford," she said after a few moments of being silent. She gave a little shrug. "I think I might be the only one who hasn't congratulated you, so yeah. You deserve it."

Wyatt smiled a bite, "Why thank you kind lady." He said in a fake british accent, "But you know I dont think I will go to Stanford. Too many snobby people." He chuckles, aas each moment passed he began to feel the pain slowly drift away and his mind began to feel a little goofy too.

She rolled her eyes, laughing at his antics. Well, seemed like he was doing very well for himself, though she couldn't exactly be sure if this was just Wyatt being Wyatt, or if it was because of the medicine he had just taken. Maybe it was a combination of both. "Right..." But when he mentioned not gong to Stanford, she furrowed her brows and looked up at him, surprised, obviously. "Wait, not planning on going? But it's an amazing school; you can't pass up on that opportunity." At least in her eyes it was one of the best schools around.

True, there probably were a lot of slobs there, and she figured cost could definitely be a factor. "The snobs there can't be the only reason you don't want to go."

There was another reason... if it was just going to be another reason for these two to keep arguing the way theydo Wyatt didnt want to go at all... besides Wyatt wasnt sure if he wanted to be that far away form home.
Wyatt smiled goofy as he pulled out the pillow from under him and set it on his lap. He began playing with the pillow, "Alright you caught me. I just dint want to be that far away from home... you know this pillow is really soft!" He laughed. Yeah the pills have definetly kicked in.

Not wanting to be away from home? Isn't that what every high school graduate wanted to do? To go away to college, to get away from home so that they could start their life, so that they could become their own person without their family hanging right over their shoulders? Well, that was how Lana looked at it. No, she wasn't one of those people who despised her family and wanted to just break away from them, or even one of those teens who felt like their family was doing nothing but embarrass them... She just wanted to figure out who she was and what she could do in this world, and she didn't know if she could do that by staying here.

"I guess leaving home can be a bit scary, but..." she trailed off in her sentence a she watched him start to play with the pillow, a sigh escaping her lips as she shook her head. No, this was definitely the drugs talking now. "I think you might want to lay down,' she said, scooting back to the edge of her chair. "Looks like the drugs have finally kicked in, and I really don't need you falling over or anything."

Wyatt tried to fake a scowl but it didnt last long before he started laughing again, "What are you talk about Lana... Lanny Loony... Heh that sounds funny. Lanny Loony I am fiiiiiiinnnnnnneeeeeee."

"When you start giving me nicknames and talking about how different variations of my name can be funny, you're not fine." Funny, but definitely not like his normal self. "Or, no you're probably right you are fine, if you constitute being 'fine' as being high." She stood up and rested her left hand against her hip, raising her brows at him. "I don't know what they gave you, but it's definitely beginning to work, and when medicine starts to work, you need to lay down and relax. So, lay." Geeze, when did she become such a worrisome person toward him, as if she was talking to a child? She motioned her eyes over to the bed before looking back at him, hoping he'd get the hint.

Wyatt began to pout... yes actually pout when she tried to get him to lay down... blame the drugs, "But I dont wanna...." he whined then sighed putting the pillow behind him and laying back, "See Lanny Loony? Are you happy? Oh wait! I wanna tell you something." He gently took her good hand agently brought her down so she can hear him better. Unexpectedly though he gently kisses her cheek and says with a smile, "I am glad you are alright."

Oh yeah, he was definitely beginning to act like a child now, though she had to admit that watching him do that was a bit cute... She frowned and shook her head at the thought. Maybe they had given her some drugs to, without her knowing that is. Nah, doubtful. "Yes, very happy," she said, sighing when he finally decided to lay down, a small smile gracing her lips. When he pulled her down, however, she hadn't been expecting that, and she definitely hadn't been expecting the kiss he gave her on her cheek.

"Oh yeah, those drugs are definitely speaking and acting for you now." A blush tinted across her cheeks before she pulled back to look at him. Yes, that action meant nothing, this wasn't him, it was the drugs. Still, she couldn't help but let this sense of happiness come over her at his words, him saying that he was happy that she was alright. "But... I'm glad that you're okay too. No matter how frustrated you make me sometimes."

Wyatt smiled and rolled onto his good side and looked at her,"Well good!" He said with a smile then he slowly drifted to sleep.

Despite herself, Lana laughed at his words. If this boy couldn't just completely blow off a situation like his was nothing, no matter how serious the matter, no matter how much pain he was in... How was he able to stay so positive all the time? How could he keep such an open mind about things, even if things were beginning to turn out for the worse, especially in his favor? She almost wished she was like that, almost wished that she didn't worry about things the way she did, but when she thought about it, that didn't seem right. To be able to be that calm about something, it almost didn't seem natural, not to Lana anyway. But, as she's thought and said before, Wyatt is Wyatt and no one else.

At least he seemed to actually know who he was.

When she noticed him drifting off the sleep she figured that this would be a good time for her to leave. Besides, her parents were probably freaking out, and she had a lot of explaining to do. And just staying in here while he slept just felt creepy to the girl. She wasn't family, visiting hours would probably end soon. She just needed a way tot ell him... She looked around the room, biting her lip before she a few sheets of paper on the nightstand, a pen conveniently right next to it.

"Look, you'll wake up and see that I'm not there, but don't freak out. I'm back home, parents are probably freaked, but I'm fine. Besides it was getting late, visiting hours were over with, and I figured you wouldn't want me in your room any longer, no matter what your drug induced mind had said before. But I guess I'll see you later, and I hope you feel better when you wake up. If you need anything, just call me, you've got my number. ~Lana

Oh, and thanks again for saving me. I really appreciate it. And don't overwork yourself, you do that enough to yourself already. No need in stressing out your body anymore."

And with that she left the note on the little nightstand and turned around and left the room, though before she exited she took one more look at the boy, smiling, before she turned back around. Today had definitely been an crazy day, maybe way too crazy for her liking.

The next day Wyatt woke up he sat up a lightly too quickly forgetting about his injuries. He winced and held his side. It takes him a few moments to compose himself and when he does he looks around... No Lana... then he immidiatly remembered what happened... He facepalm and mutters, "Lanny Loony.... really?" Sighs then sees the note. As he reads it he smiles a bit. As if on cue the nurse came in, "Wyatt?" Wyatt looked up at the nurses smiling face, "You can go home now." Wyatt smiled.

Well, at least her parents had freaked like she expected them to. Actually, if anything, they seemed a little more understanding than anything, thought Lana had been more than convinced that it was because of how worried they were about her, as well as Wyatt. Yeah, they were upset that she didn't answer their calls when they called her at the hospital, and they were even a little mad that they had to hear from word of mouth, as well as a call from their insurance company telling about the treatment of her fractured wrist, but other than that? They were just happy that she, as well as Wyatt, were all right.

Lana didn't go over much of what happened, mostly because she didn't want to recall the memory. Just thinking about it made her feel sick to her stomach, just watching the boys body bounce around like that... She'd rather not recount that memory so her parents let her be. And after speaking with her parents for a bit she went right to sleep, the events of the day finally catching up to her, making her realize how tired she had actually been without her realizing it.

When she woke up that morning she winced when she moved her right hand, trying to move it around a bit but forgetting that she had the cast on it. It throbbed dully under the material, something that she couldn't control, and she hated the feeling. Still, she was grateful that that was the only injury she really had. Sure, her shoulder hurt a bit from when it hit the ground, but it was nothing too bad, nothing like what Wyatt had to sustain. Speaking of Wyatt, Lana wondered if he was all right, or even if he was awake at the time. Should she call him?

Sighing, she figured she might as well, despite the thoughts running through her mind that he needed his rest and that he might not even have his phone on him or if it even worked at that point. It was worth a shot, right? She picked up her phone and scrolled through the contacts, stopping when she reached his name before hitting the dial and putting it against her ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.