Saved Your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wyatt let out a sigh and turned his body so that his feet touch the ground. He forced himself to stand up, even though if he did it a little slowly. The pain was excrutciating, but he ignored it and being the stubborn guy he was. He could never lay around for too long, he was too athletic. Everyone that knew him he was also stubborn. He never knew when to quit and always overtrained for boxing tournaments.
He was also quit stubborn when it came to independence, he loved helping other people but when people tried to help him he would refuse their help. He has been independent ever since he was born. Once he got up he continued to ignore the pain that was running through his body and looked down at her. He was honestly surprised he could stand, but of course he pushed himself like always."I understand why you would be jealous. And upset with me. I truly do and I had no right to keep it from you. So its cool alright? I understand." He gave her a small smile, but even with the small smile his busted lip did hurt a little. "That was a dick move on my part."

Last edited:
Lana flinched a little as Wyatt stood up, her eyes widening before they overtook a look of concern, again, something that did not show within the girl this often. Boy, if this guy wasn't making her show her emotions... But she didn't stop him from standing, at that point anyway. If he wanted to hurt himself more, then that was on him. She winced as that thought came to her mind. What was she thinking? She should feel bad for him, she should feel devastated because of the state he was in, and she did. Yet... That same mind set that she kept, the 'if someone does something and something happens to them then it's their fault', continued to bounce in her mind.

She felt bad for him, very bad, yet she didn't. She didn't ask to be saved, she didn't ask him to come after her. 'He should have just left me be. Then he wouldn't have to worry about this. I wouldn't have to worry about this.' Then again, she probably wouldn't have had to worry about anything if he hadn't saved her. She wouldn't have had to think about anything.

"It wasn't a dick move. You didn't have to tell me anything." She turned her eyes to look away. "And I wasn't necessarily upset with you. Just upset of what you have, or got, rather." She crossed her arms and shrugged before looking back to him. "Now just sit down before your hurt yourself even more. I really don't feel like seeing you collapse again." Again the mental image of his body slamming onto the ground resounded in her mind, causing her to shudder slightly. "Just... Relax." Maybe she should take some of her own advice. She sighed then.

He looked down at her as she explained.... somethin seemed a little different about her, he couldnt put his finger on it. He gave he another slight smile, "Relax alright? I need to be moving around you know that. You know what my coach always says, 'work throught the pain'" he grinned and he rotated his arm around.... he had to admit it to himself, it did hurt just doing that but of course he wasnt going to let her know that. He continued to smile and put his arm down, "Besides... I have a tournament I have to train for. Its only a few days away." He still was planning on competing in the boxing tournament? No surprise... he was always dedicated to it. "All I need to do is walk around for a little bot and I should be good." Of course he knew that was a lie but he had no intention on missing that tournament.

Lana rolled her eyes and scoffed as he mentioned his coach saying that he needed to just fight through the pain, as if getting hurt was no big deal. As if he couldn't do further damage to himself than there already was. "Your coach is an inconsiderate bastard if he constantly tells you all that." She spoke, her brows furrowing. Sure, working through pain could be a good thing, yet Lana could only see it doing more harm than good. What was the point of working yourself harder if you already weren't feeling well? What would that accomplish?

"And you're an idiot if you're actually going to go through with that tournament. Or, no, you'd be an idiot to just push yourself, regardless, when you're in this state." And again the anger was back, yet not as full force as it had been before. But what was she angry about? Angry that he would continue to train, even like this? Because he could actually hurt himself more? Again the thought surfaced in her mind that she shouldn't care, that it was his own life and she couldn't tell what to and not to do and that he didn't have to listen to him.

And yes, she knew that calling the guy that had saved her life an idiot probably wasn't the best or smartest thing, but what was she supposed to say to him? "You're going to get yourself even more hurt if you do any kind of training."

He rolled his eyes as she called him an idiot. Well what was he suppose to do? He wasnt going to just sit on his ass through recovery. No! Thats not him. He was going to do the tournament rather she liked it or not. He knew he could go through with it. He just needed to push himself
"Since when do you care about me training?" He asked arching an eyebrow at her, "You never seemed to care before." A little bit of anger began to rise within him, he forced the anger back down and shortly after turned back to his normal self, "Look I just need to push myself. I'm going to be fine. The only serious injury I seem to have is a few broken ribs..." then he mutters, "And a concussion."

"You don't need to push yourself, you don't need to do anything, especially now! If you box in that tournament then there is no doubt that you'll either break a few more ribs, or you'll mess up the ones that are already broken, and I bet you'll make that concussion of yours worse as well. What are you trying to prove by 'pushing yourself'? That you don't know how to take care of yourself, that you're stupid enough to put yourself into situations like this and make yourself worse?"

She scoffed, the anger beginning to set in now. Did he honestly think that he was all right? That training was all right for him? But then his first words spoke through her mind, she thought about it. What did she care about his well being, what did she care about him boxing? He was right before, she never did care, so why should she now? She took a step back and threw her hands up in that of a surrender motion. "But you know what? Do what you want, I don't care. It's your life, so what can I say about what you can and can't do. It's your problem." She turned and headed back to the door then, putting her uninjured hand on the handle. "Thanks for saving me, I appreciate it, I really do. But I mean what I said before, just stay out of my life. It'd probably be better for the both of us." And that was what she truly thought. That if they stayed out of each other's lives, then there would be no issues. After all, had he not known her, he wouldn't have gotten hit by that car. He wouldn't be hurt or in the hospital.

Again that feeling of her throat tightening was surfacing through her, but she pushed the feeling aside, as well as the tears that threatened to fall in her eyes. No crying, no crying... She turned and left then, nearly slamming the door behind her.

Oh no... she was crying! Wyatt winced and he forced himself to go after her. He ignored the pain and opened the door. She didnt get very far by the time he opened the door. Wyatt did almost fall but caught himself by the door handle and held his side with the other hand. He grit his teeth in pain before saying, "Lana! Hold on!"

When she heard someone yell after her, Lana quickly turned around to look, surprised, but then again not so, when she say Wyatt hanging out of the door. Why did this situation sound so familiar, look so familiar? Oh, right, because that was how the both of them had ended up in the hospital; him coming after her after she told him to leave her alone. Why didn't he listen?

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked, stomping her way back over to her. People were beginning to watch them, and she had no doubt that if she didn't get him in the room quickly that a nurse, or maybe even a doctor, would come over here. Then again, maybe that was what he needed. "Why don't you ever listen to me? Just get back in the room before you hurt yourself." She pointed into his room, furrowing her brows.

Wyatt noticed her reaction and tried forcing himself not to smile. He didnt know why but he found this reaction of hers kinda cute. Wait, where did that come from? He playfully pouted, "Then dont leave like that... you know I hate to see girls cry. Besides when are you going to get it, we are alwaysgoing to be a part of each others lives... its like I have been telling you... it always happens." He noticed she was still angry and randomly decided to say, "You know you look cute when you are angry. It just makes me want to irritate you more so I suggest trying to calm down." He hoped that would stunn her enough to stop being angry.

((Happy birthday! (: ))

She sighed and rested her hand against the wall next to Wyatt, her brows still furrowed as she listened to him. "I'm not crying," she said, quickly wiping her eyes with the back of her hand before she turned to look back at the boy, still very frustrated with him. What the hell! How could he continue to say things like that, how could he continue to want to be apart of her life? After everything she had done to him, past and present, especially after today... It didn't seem right. How could he forgive her?

"It only keeps happening because you keep making it happen. You're the one-" But she cut her sentence off short, her mind revolving around his last sentence. Cute when angry...? What!?

"W-what?" She shook her head, giving the boy a disbelieving look. Well, the anger had dissipated within her... Now it was just utter confusion. A blush crept its way up her cheeks, but she quickly turned her head to try and hide it. "Don't say things like that to change the subject; you still need to get back in the room." Her arms were crossed now, but her tone hadn't been as angry as it had been before.

• Love
Reactions: Bryce
((Thanks!!! :D))
He couldnt help it this time. He grinned at her reaxtion,"Me? Change the subject? Never. I was just saying the truth" He notices herr cross her arms and smiles, "Are you leaving me?"he said jokingly being his usual silly self, "Cause if so I'm not going in there."

Despite herself, Lana found herself smiling as she dropped her hands to her side, soon resting them against her hips. She winced slightly at the pressure that that, for what ever reason, had put on her cast, but she still didn't move from the position. She was just going to have to get used to that thing being there for the next two weeks, then she's probably be more careful and mindful of it. "I don't understand you, not in the least bit." But perhaps that was the best? He always kept her guessing, always causing her to feel something, whether it was anger or happiness.

She could honestly say that she didn't know anyone like him. She sighed, shrugging her shoulders before pointing back into the room. "So the only way you're going to go back in there is if I go back in there with you?"

He laughed lightly, he thought of making more of those couple jokes but decided to hold off on that for a while, "Well you are injured too you know! Besides I could use the company." He walked behind her and gently pushed her in the room with one hand while holding his right side with the other, "Now come on. Move your butt."

"I'm not injured," she protested, not fighting against him as he pushed her into the room. At least he was going back in there as well, so there was one good point tot his. "My wrist is just fractured. You, however, are injured, so lay back down in bed, or at least sit down. You're making me nervous by standing." She almost didn't want to admit it, but she had; he was making her nervous about this situation, as well as scaring her a bit, though she would never admit that. She just... Didn't want to see him get more hurt than he already was. It was bad enough that she knew that him being sent to the hospital in the first place was her fault, but to have to see him continue to hurt himself? She didn't want to see that.

She sat down in one of the chairs in there, pulling it closer to the bed before she turned to give Wyatt an expecting look before she looked over towards the bed.

He pouted slightly knowing that she expected him to sit or lay down. He sighed, "Oh fine, fine whatever. Dont need to be so nervouse though, "he says with a smile as he walks over to the bed and sits dosn, "Ok I am sitting down. See?" He said sticking his tongue out at her.

Well, at least he was listening to her now. Honestly she was surprised when he sat down on the bed, though she could tell that that wasn't what he really wanted to do. "I don't understand why you feel like you have to be doing something, especially now," she said, leaning back in her chair a bit. "You don't need to be doing anything; just relaxing and resting while you get your strength back. I mean, I know you hate that and all, but it's not good for your health. You're going to end up getting yourself killed if you don't calm down." A bit of a concerning tone entered her voice, but she tried to keep it down.

Wyatt's smile immidiatly went away when he heard the concern in her voice... usually he would just shrug off others people's concern for him. But now it just plan bothered him when she was concerned about him.... he sighed. "I just...hate sitting around alright?"

"I know that," Lana said, scooting up in her seat before she reached out and placed her good hand on the boy's knee. "And I guess I can kind of understand, but sometimes you do too much. Actually, you do too much all the time." She shrugged, giving a little smile. "You can't keep doing that to yourself, you know that? You're going to end up crippling yourself, and then what are you going to do? You'll be forced to do nothing, and I know if that happens you'll be miserable."

She sighed, squeezing his knee a little before letting it drop. "I know I can be a complete and total bitch to you, most often I am actually, and I don't usually concern myself with what happens to you... But I don't want to see you get hurt again. I feel like it'll be my fault if I don't try and stop you, just how all of this is my fault." She ran a hand through her hair. "Just... Promise me you'll think about the tournament before you actually go through with it, and I mean really think about it, okay?"

Wyatt has never seen her like this... he honestly felt he was going to crack. His facial expression even showed it. He sighed looking at everywhere but her... sadly he knew she was right. Finally he groaned quietly and looked at her, "Alright, alright fine... I will think about it. Just stop giving me those puppy dog eyes!"

"That's all I wanted to hear." She smiled, happy to have, somewhat, gotten her way with that. Hopefully his mind would tell him to not go in the tournament, she didn't know if he would do to well in it. And she didn't really want him listening to that coach of his either, convinced that he was doing nothing to help him prosper in what he was training him in. Everybody needed breaks; she just wished that Wyatt would realize that.

She leaned back in the chair then, sitting against the back of it before. "Have you... Told your parents about this? Do they know that you're here, or what happened?" She rose her brows in question at him, tilting her head a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.