Saphir Academy For The Demonically Gifted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saki

Saki sighed as the teacher announced she is to fight the lonely guy, she knew it that she should have sat by silently. Well, as it is, she would have to fight this guy... Or at least, like she intended, defend against his attacks for the rest of the class.

"Oh uh, what happens if I uh kill her? Of course you're familiar with who I am and my race and we uh tend to kill whenever engaged in combat. So uh what should I do?"

Saki smiled to his remark, she wasn't particularly self-confident when it comes to fighting, but surviving something? That is something she could do all day.
"Now now, don't worry, I'm quite resilient."
As she remarked that she nonchalantly stepped into the ring, not drawing a weapon or anything, after all she never used such things. The air around her, however did appear slightly distorted, like light being bent by water or glass. Once could also notice that Saki did not enter her true form in any way, keeping her Human appearance. She extended her palm and a small blue, glass like sphere appeared floating above it, she closed her eyes and countless rings appeared around it, orbiting in a mesmerizing fashion, when she opened her eyes the rings each extended in a full sphere, causing the first sphere to be barely visible through countless layers of magic.
"Well... What are we waiting for?"

Lyall, at this point, had been once more listening intently, he had half expected to hear the unsheathing of swords, or fighting staffs to be taken from racks, all that met his hears was a sound that was a mix of sparkling and hissing steam... he thought to himself, "Now what's going on here?" He was raised in a culture with a strong belief in the arcane arts, but the rituals and incantations never had a visible effect. (They were meant to grant good luck, and were about as effective as any other thing that's supposed to bring luck. He himself hoped that the lines he drew on his face would grant him the ability to know where his combatant's weapon was, as ludicrous as that sounds. He remembered why he wanted to learn to fight. He raised his hand. "Ms. Desdomona, is there any particular combat strategy against a combatant wielding a... machine gun?

Jenna stared at the two whom were in combat. She made a note that they both didn't go for their wands, or not even a throwing rubber dagger! She was dissapointed that her favorite weapons (her weapons of choice) were not being used, but she payed attention anyways.

Carter smiled when the girl stepped in the ring. This was his time to satisfy his thirst for blood. He truly did not want to hurt her but that was the thing, His species instinct always took over. He was slightly perplexed when she casted some sort of spell but either way. She would die and he would bathe in her blood. "Showtime" he chuckled, spun his weapon in a circle and then charged at the girl with incredible speed then at the last moment he jumped into the air did an acrobatic flip that would make any olympic gymnast proud and started falling towards his target with his spear pointed directly at her head. "Think fast" he didn't mean to warn the girl but it seemed his human form took over control in order to warn her. Damn his humanity. He hated his mother for that.

Saki

Following his movements as he jumped, Saki didn't move a muscle, or do anything but watch really. He jumped and she kept following him with her head, however still not doing anything to move, or in any obvious way defend herself. As the spear approached her head it suddenly hit something.
It would feel like trying to pierce through layers upon layers of steel, as a blue dome became visible around the point of impact, cracks spreading out from where the spear was now lodged in it. One could actually see that it was not uniform, the spear broke through at least five different barriers, stopping at the 6th.
The girl still didn't take any offensive action, and merely turned around, now facing her adversary.

The school day had ended in a flash. Mackenzie returned to her dorm after the day's end exhausted. She was not used to this much work and had not studied the curriculum. Mackenzie got to the dorm she was supposed to stay in and opened the door to see the room vacant. She went over to the bed on the right side of the room and set her things down. She could see her bags waiting outside the door. Mackenzie dragged them in and placed them by the bed. She was too lazy to unpack at the moment so she sat down on her bed and started on homework instead. She didn't have much, but it was better to get it done sooner than later.

Ragnar opened his eyes once the carriage stopped outside the gates while the memories of what had led to this played in his head. It just seemed to start out as a normal day, he had taken a sip of freshly pressed orange juice at the innkeeps little side bar when a group of soldiers suddenly had entered. They started asking questions to the Innkeep while ragnar imself sat in the darkest corner quietly sipping to himself while listening in on their conversation. He had no doubt in his mind by their questions that they indeed were looking for him, and for some known reasons he didn't find it very good. He heard the Innkeep tell them that he haden't seen Ragnar, and Ragnar himself took the moment to casually leave a extra bit of money behind as he softly and silently slipped out the back door while they were distracted. Next he was met by his Sabertoothed Panther Artimes whom came to him with a letter and told him that soldiers was looking for him. Obviously he had figured the second part out but the part of the letter was interesting enough to consider, it seemed he invited or rather accepted in some kind of school of magic.

However strange it felt considering he couldn't remind himself filling out a request he didn't hesitate to take the offer. Going anywhere was better than staying here, especially when the steam powered juggernauts started comming. He nodded to Artimess and pulled his hood a bit further over his head "Artimes, Let's go... No time to linger"he said and dashed off to nab the first carriage out of there. After 'Convincing' the driver by threathening to engulf it in fire and flames they happily drove him to his destination where he would get off alongside Artimes. "So... This is it?... interesting" he muttered and walked towards the main gate.

Carter was yet again surprised. If he kept getting surprised like this then he might begin to have heart problems. His spear would not shatter through, it just wouldn't budge. Who was this girl? and why couldn't he kill her? If he didn't defeat her than people might begin to think he was weak. They might no longer fear him. But was that necessarily a bad thing? Maybe if people saw that he was just as weak as they were they might begin to like him. No. That would never happen. Carter was a freak. No one would ever like or love him. He was alone.

"Why won't you die! I swear I'll kill you! I'm not a loser! I need to win. If everyone doesn't fear me, then all they'll do is hurt me! so you have to die!" Carter used his thumb and slid it down his spear onto three spikes and drew more black blood. The spear drank the blood and began to protrude black flames from the tip still sticking into the shield like magic that the girl was using. Carter jumped on top of the spear while it was still stuck in her shield and then he used the spear as a swinging poll, swung in circles and then somersaulted into the air and as he came back down, He used all the strength that gravity would give him and jammed his foot right into the back of his spear. With the combination of the magic flames and the kick the spear breached the final level and went straight through. "Now you will die, weakling! I am not a loser!!!!!"

Last edited:
Liara watched the battle with wide eyes, seeing that the spear went right through the shield as she gasped. they may be her new classmates, but she wasn't about to let anyone get hurt on her watch! She dashed forward quickly, time seeming to be slowing down around her as she pushed the girl out of the way. She then turned to Carter, her eyes wide as she saw the tip of the spear push through the shield and headed for her chest. She put her arms up, muttering something as her moon pendant began glowing brightly and put up a surge of energy to guard her from the sharp end of the spear, her white hair flying around her face as she struggled to keep it back with her power.

When Carters spear struck the surge of energy he flew back and crashed against the wall and just as he was about to attack again, he fell to the ground and passed out. His spear dissapeared into the floor and he reverted back to his human form. As he was unconscious, he had flashbacks to his past. His father telling him he was worthless and killing his mother right in front of him. When he cried over her death his father laughed. His brothers beating the living hell out of him and then the day he took on his demon form and killed all of his species. He slaughtered them all with no resolve and became the last of his kind.

Saki

Saki watched as the demon put all the energy in his spear, just as she expected he would. However before she could execute her counterattack, which is to simply deactivate the shields for a moment to cause the spear to fall in, which would leave the demon to stomp the shield, fruitlessly.
However, some bystander girl had to jump in and move her, causing her barriers to dispel instantly, causing a rain of blue glass-like fragments to form from the shields, shortly dispersing into dust later.
Saki was thrown to the side, she slided several meters aside before standing up and fixing her dress, she sighed and moved back towards where she was standing before the match, as if nothing happened at all.

When Carters spear struck the surge of energy he flew back and crashed against the wall and just as he was about to attack again, he fell to the ground and passed out. His spear dissapeared into the floor and he reverted back to his human form. As he was unconscious, he had flashbacks to his past. His father telling him he was worthless and killing his mother right in front of him. When he cried over her death his father laughed. His brothers beating the living hell out of him and then the day he took on his demon form and killed all of his species. He slaughtered them all with no resolve and became the last of his kind.
She squeaked, running to his side as her energy faded away. She knelt by him, her eyes filled with worry as she put a hand on his shoulder. "H-Hey, wake up! Are you alright?!"

Ragnar looked around the schoolground from where he stood, eventually he sighed and looked to his companion and nodded slightly. "Artimes, It may be better if you revert to your companion form.." he said and looked to the large cat, Artimes nodded to him "Of course master" he said and Ragnar raised his hand "Artimes!, Release!" he said and artimes leaped into the air and transformed into a winged cat of normal cat size, then he simply leaped up on Ragnars arm and climbed to his shoulder where he sat down. Ragnar nodded slightly to himself and continued in on the school yard towards the main gate "Okay, lets see here... where to go... " he muttered to hismelf as he looked around. "Eny miny... miney moe... " he mumbled and then shrugged as he waled straight in through the largest gate figuring they were the most welcoming in their own way.

Desdemona walked over to the the boy and looked at the girl next to him. "I'm taking him to the nurse." She picked up the boy and ran out the door she had broken down earlier. It only took a minute to get him to the nurse's office. She laid him in the bed and went and sat next to the window.

She nodded, standing as she watched the teacher go off. She frowned, deciding to follow after them. This WAS her fault, after all, and she felt rather bad for it.

((Please excuse my absence. I've literally spent the last two days playing Dragon Age Inquisition. xD ))

Kimberly pretty much ignored everything going on around her in the classroom, until Shadow dismissed herself and then returned all bright eyed and bushy tailed. The girl smiled and Kimberly returned it before turning her attention back to god only knows what was going on in her brain. The class was pretty much uneventful and boring since no one was actually going to be able to use their gifts on the first day. The teacher was more concerned with getting to know what everyone was capable and what not. Kimberly guessed it would probably be another week or so before they could actually get to the fun stuff. She began thinking up ways to disrupt the class once that actually happened, and before she knew it the bell had signaled it was time to switch classes once again. This time it was signalling lunch, Kimberly's favorite. Not having anything to gather or put away, she quickly exited the classroom behind everyone else who was just as eager to leave. She proceeded through the halls, that were now filling up with hungry or confused teenagers, and made her way to the cafeteria.

Ragnar had just entered the great hall when he heard the ring of a loud bell that signaled the end of class, he stood paralyzed for a moment as the noise somewhat frightened him. Then he saw a bunch of people start to come out and start to walk in all kinds of direction while he stood in the middle and felt like a sign in the middle of an active road. Artimes mewed slightly from his shoulder and snapped him back to reality making him turn to look at the cat on his shoulder before patting his head. "Thanks..." he said and sighed in relief as he tried to walk ahead and figure out where most people was going without colliding with someone. In Ragnars honest oppinion, he was unsure if he ever had seen this many people in one place before, and he truly wondered if it was a great sign or not. He kept his hood up however and soon slipped into the cafeteria where most others semeed to go. Inside the cafeteria he saw people take food from the various selections and as the scents hit his nose he felt his belly rumble loudly. This made him scrach his cheek as he blushed slightly to himself "Guess I'm rather hungry huh?... Probably mean your too Artimes... Well, were here at least... might as well try to blend in" he said to the cat whom softly mewed in responce. A moment later he filled a tray with food and scuffed over to a seat across from a girl that seemed empty, he didn't really ask if he could sit there... after all it didn't really seem like this girl owned the place in the first place nor had any right to claim a table to herself.

She sat in the clinic next to the boy, gently grasping his hand as she waited for him to wake up. It was lunchtime now, all the more reason to let herself be in here with him as she prayed that he would be okay.

Carter finally awakened at what seemed like a millennia later. He slowly opened his eyes and realized that someone was holding his hand at first, he thought it was his sister but then all of his memories came flooding back to him. His sister was dead. This girl was the one who had saved him from possibly killing that girl. Still, he was cautious. Trusting others was something he wasn't very good at. He removed his hand from hers and rubbed his head and attempted to sit up, but couldn't muster the strength. He fell back to the bed and realized that he was in what looked like to be an infirmary. "Why are you uh here? You uh attacked me earlier, y'know? and if you uh attacked me then you obviously don't uh like me. So uh if you don't like me, then uh why are you here? You're not uh gonna finish me off are you? Because uh that would suck." Carter looked at the ground and then noticed that his teacher, Ms. Desdemona was sitting next to the infirmary window. "Oh. uh Sorry, Teach. I didn't mean to uh damage your uh classroom. uh I'll pay for the uh damages if you want. Assuming that uh this girl doesn't uh kill me first." Carter looked at the ground again fearing a barrage of rejection or insults from both of the girls. Damn, he was such a screw-up.

Carter finally awakened at what seemed like a millennia later. He slowly opened his eyes and realized that someone was holding his hand at first, he thought it was his sister but then all of his memories came flooding back to him. His sister was dead. This girl was the one who had saved him from possibly killing that girl. Still, he was cautious. Trusting others was something he wasn't very good at. He removed his hand from hers and rubbed his head and attempted to sit up, but couldn't muster the strength. He fell back to the bed and realized that he was in what looked like to be an infirmary. "Why are you uh here? You uh attacked me earlier, y'know? and if you uh attacked me then you obviously don't uh like me. So uh if you don't like me, then uh why are you here? You're not uh gonna finish me off are you? Because uh that would suck." Carter looked at the ground and then noticed that his teacher, Ms. Desdemona was sitting next to the infirmary window. "Oh. uh Sorry, Teach. I didn't mean to uh damage your uh classroom. uh I'll pay for the uh damages if you want. Assuming that uh this girl doesn't uh kill me first." Carter looked at the ground again fearing a barrage of rejection or insults from both of the girls. Damn, he was such a screw-up.
She looked up at him when he woke, her wings sheathing as they had been out previously, and smiled at him. "Your awake...thats good.... " she said, smiling as she removed her hand from his. "I didn't attack you...i saved you..." she reminded, knowing that he was going to kill the girl from earlier and sacrificed her life to save them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.