[Samuel x Roman]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
r o m a n

"I ... I don't know."

That had been one of the hardest things he had ever done. Standing up to Indie after so many years of hiding from her, of cowering away from her. But he had done it and that was the most important thing. He had finally stood up to her.

Roman leaned back in and gave Samuel another sweet kiss. "I'll be okay," he promised his boyfriend. He would hold it together until they got home.

"Come on, we have a wedding to attend."

Roman lead Samuel back to the actual celebrations, where he swiped two flutes of champagne from the drinks table and handed one to Samuel. He didn't mind champagne, he liked the bubbles. They left a nice tang in the back of his throat.

People were dancing and enjoying themselves. Roman sat down with Samuel at their assigned seats, taking the moment to just relax. He needed it. He watched as Lizzy and Jake danced on the dance floor, looking happy and in love.

"I love you," he reminded Samuel.

About a month had passed since Lizzy and Jake's wedding and while it hadn't been perfect for Samuel and Roman it had been absolutely perfect for the now husband and wife and Samuel was very happy for their friends. When getting home that day Samuel had made sure to show Roman how much he loved him to make him feel as loved as possible while also getting some comfort as well.

They put the whole thing behind them and October fourteenth rolled around which meant it was time for Roman to officially meet his cousins. Susan had come over a couple of hours earlier to get a house tour and to help Roman bake something for the event. Theo would be getting a joint gift from everyone, a gift card to gamestop which was all he wanted, but since Samuel knew Roman liked gifts and parties he had suggested he could bake something instead. Plus, Samuel's aunt Sara would definitely appreciate some extra food for everyone to eat.

They had walked into the apartment without knocking but Sara popped her head out of the kitchen right away. She was a pretty, slender strawberry blonde woman who just like Susan was fairly tall. She greeted her sister with a hug and then gave Samuel one before turning to the doorway of the living room.

"Kids! Your cousins are here!" Two uninterested and somewhat annoyed "coming!" came as a reply from a cross the room but no lazy teens came out to the hallway.

"It's whatever, we'll just go say hello to them" Samuel said and Sara let out a little sigh at how hopeless her kids were. Samuel then stepped aside a little to let his aunt and boyfriend greet each other, "anyways, Roman, this is my aunt Sara, Sara this is my boyfriend"

As he said it he carefully studied his aunts face to see how she would react, Samuel was sure his mother had called to warn her Roman was coming along, but this was obviously the first time she saw him. There was a look of surprise on her face, it could just be the height but Samuel had a feeling Roman just didn't look like she expected. They had already been told they looked very different plenary of times so it wasn't surprising.

After a moment Sara wiped any excess cake making supplies of her hand on the kitchen towel she was holding, speaking in a careful but polite tone"Well, it's nice to meet you"

r o m a n

Over the past month, Roman had managed to push Indie and Brooklyn to the back of his mind where he didn't have to think about them anymore. He found that he was a lot happier when he did that. It was a miracle how he had ever survived when he had been in that toxic relationship.

"Hello, it's lovely to meet you," Roman said to Sara when he was introduced to his boyfriend's aunt. He had been preparing for this day and also preparing his boyfriend -- he wanted it to go well, so he had reminded both himself and Samuel that they were Samuel's family, and therefore they would do their best to accept Roman.

Well, hopefully. But this was Samuel's aunt from his mother's side, not his father's, so Roman had high hopes.

Roman was as charming and charismatic with Sara as he was with everyone. He shook her hand and leaned down to kiss her on the cheek, giving her a small smile. Then, he picked up the circular container he had put beside the door to greet her and set it on the bench.

"I hope you don't mind -- Susan and I made some baked cheesecake. My mother's recipe. I thought it would help out." He opened the container to reveal a dozen or so small, circular cheesecakes, with a dollop of raspberry coulis on top.

"Goodness that sounds lovely!" Sara smiled, "I only had time for cake, which I left mid through so I need to get back to it"

Sara excused herself, Samuel wondered if it was to be able to discuss the whole brining his boyfriend thing with Susan further. Or maybe he was just being paranoid, Roman had been trying to convince him things would be okay and he knew he was right, but it was still hard to shake of the fear of people reacting negatively.

"Come on let's go say hi to Holly and Theo" Samuel said and practically dragged Roman into the small living room to let his mother and her sister catch up, they hadn't seen each other in a while and Samuel hadn't seen his cousins in a while so he supposed he was excited to she them as well.

They entered the living room to find a sixteen old girl, slightly chubby girl, typing something on her phone and taking up the entire couch by laying in it. Theo was presumably in his room at the moment.

"Hello Holly Polly" Samuel said and bopped his cousin on her head of shoulder length blonde hair

"Ew Samuel germs" Holly said and pushed Samuel's hand away and kept typing to one of her friends on the phone.

"Shut up and make room for me and Roman" that seemed to peek her interest and she directed her blue eyes away from her cousin, moving to his and Roman's intertwined hands and then up to the mysterious tall person.

She didn't say anything but moved to sit up straight in the couch to make room for the additional two people, Samuel sat down, patted for Roman to sit next to him and when he had he poked Holly's cheek.

"Introduce yourself"

Holly rolled her eyes, gave Roman a wave but also a smile, Samuel knew she just needed a reason to know she was supposed to say a proper hello.

"I'm holly, are you Samuel's boyfriend?" Apparently she went straight to it, at least it saved Samuel the trouble of saying again be he was starting to feel a little awkward about it all.

r o m a n

Roman chuckled at the girl's forwardness, it was quite amusing. Very different to Samuel.

"Yeah, I'm his boyfriend," Roman said with a little nod, squeezing Samuel's hand reassuringly. "It's nice to meet you, my name is Roman."

It was interesting to watch Samuel interact with his cousin. Roman didn't see his own cousins very much, but when they reunited it was like they lived together. There was never a dull moment on either side of Roman's family. He wasn't sure what he had expected to see with Samuel's, but he was glad his cousin seemed to be accepting.

"Kay" Holly said and shrugged. She didn't care but that was pretty expected from Holly.

"Where's Theo?" Samuel tried to further the conversation.

"In his room, mum told him to put on something other than sweat pants, but he procrastinated so he's changing now" Holly sighed and pulled her phone back up.

Theo chose the same moment to step out, probably having been done for a while but now hearing voices and knowing that meant he was obligated to go out he headed over to the couch without really saying anything.

"Scoot" he asked his sister, she jumped a little closer to Samuel and Samuel jumped a little closer to his boyfriend so they all could sit together.

Theo had the same color hair as his mother, and his face was covered in freckles. At first glance Samuel didn't really look much like anyone on his mother's side of the family, it was how it always had been so he didn't really care it this point.

"Happy birthday Theo" Samuel said and reached over to bop his other cousin's head as well, "have you had a good birthday so far"

"Yeah, sure" Theo shrugged, he had obviously noticed Roman by now, random guys with their face full of piercing holding his cousin's hand obviously, he kept glancing over at him somewhat awkwardly, seemingly not knowing what to do with the whole thing. Samuel wasn't sure if it was because he was uncomfortable or just not used to it yet so, Samuel wasn't really sure what to say or do.

r o m a n

Samuel's other cousin arrived, and Roman gave him the same charming smile he had given Sara and Holly. "It's nice to meet you," he repeated. "Happy birthday, as well. My name is Roman."

Roman wasn't sure how Samuel's cousins had reacted to meeting him and what they thought of him now, but he was sure that if they had a problem with him, they would have said something about it, or made it more obvious. People with prejudice tended to do that.

"So how old are you now?" he asked Theo conversationally.

"Fourteen" Theo responded

"My little brother is getting old" Holly laughed and pinched Theo's cheek.

He obviously didn't approve as he swatted her hand away and punched her arm, "oh my god, Holly, stop being so retarded"

Holly slapped back, significantly gently, "don't use that word and don't hit me"

"I'll stop hitting you when you stop being retarded"

This caused Holly to hit him back and soon the siblings where play fighting a little to violently for it to really be considered a game but Samuel knew them and it was nothing to be concerned about, he shrugged and gave Roman a smile to show that they were just being dumb and the siblings didn't get a chance to murder each other before Sara came in with the cake and Susan with the cheesecakes which were now placed neatly on a plate.

"Kids don't fight" Sara said sternly, "we have guests"

"It's just Samuel?" Theo said, which Samuel considered a kind of good thing because that indicated he wasn't thinking of him any differently, probably.

"And Roman, did you introduce yourselves?" Sara placed the cake down in front of Theo there and sat down on a footrest while Susanne did the same and got seated in an arm chair and thus all spots were filled.

"Yes we did, of course," Holly said which her mother had no reason not to believe and they kind of had.

Theo insisted they'd not sing, but he got his gift and was very happy about it, not long after they were all had plates full of cake and cheesecake and thus it was time for family conversation while they got to know the new addition, and while everyone had seemed okay with the whole dating a guy thing it was still bound to be awkward, simply because introducing the person you were dating to the extended family felt awkward.

"You and Samuel are the same age right?" Samuel nodded to confirm for Roman as Sara asked, "are you studying at university too?"

r o m a n

Roman watched the siblings fight with some confusion. He had never been able to fight with his brother or sister like that -- Brooklyn had tried once, and his parents had lost their shit at him. It was too dangerous with Roman's medical condition. Brooklyn and London had always gone at it, though. Maybe that was why London was so willing to punch boys now.

The birthday boy seemed happy with his present and that was the main thing. They all had cake and cheesecake, and Roman was very proud of the cheesecake he had made. It was baked, meaning it was less creamy than a normal cheesecake but just as good. The slightly tangy raspberry coulis cut through the richness of the dessert and it was lovely.

"Um, no, I actually go to TAFE," Roman answered Sara. TAFE stood for Technical and Further Education, meaning that it was geared towards those who wanted to go into more hands-on careers. "I'm studying to be a tattoo artist."

Roman reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, showing Sara and Susan a picture of another tattoo he'd done on a dummy. This one was of a beautiful purple and blue watercolour wolf.

"Ooh that's very pretty" Sara praised after studying the picture for a moment and then Holly grabbed at it to let her see.

"Holy shit, look" she exclaimed and held up the phone to Theo's face, the younger of the two let out a "wow, that's cool"

"I can't believe you're dating someone with a bunch of piercings and tattoos, that's not at all the kind of person I would have imagined you with" Holly said to Samuel as she handed the phone back to Roman.

"Roman doesn't actually have any tattoos he's just gonna make them" Samuel corrected his cousin, and gestured to his boyfriends bare arms, he decided it was Roman's decision to tell them about his haemophilia.

"Oh I just thought they were for your eyes only," Holly teased and both Samuel and Sara let out an "Holly!" In disbelief.

"What I'm just saying they could have been on his back or something" Holly laughed to defend herself.

Last edited:
r o m a n

Roman laughed at Holly's comment, he genuinely found it funny. His heart also warmed a little when Samuel's family complimented his work. It meant a lot for him to have people support him, and he would never turn down a compliment from anyone.

"Thanks," he said to the three people who complimented him. He took his phone back and slipped the device into his pocket.

"Yeah, I can't really get tattoos," he said with a small shrug. "I have a bleeding disorder, so if the needle stuck me the wrong way ... it wouldn't go very well."

Roman shrugged again as if it was no big deal. He knew that anyone he planned to spend time with had to know about his disorder, because if something went wrong, he needed people to know what to do. And besides, it was always horrifying to see the first time around.

"I mean, I could probably get small tattoos but nothing big, which sucks, but I'll get over it."

"That's haemohilia, right? Isn't that kind of serious?" Holly asked and peeked over at Roman as if she was looking for a way to spot the bleeding disorder. Holly was a smart girl so Samuel wasn't at all surprise she right away knew what the health condition was called.

"I mean yeah, when we first met he almost fainted from a prick from a needle" Samuel said casually to get the point across how severe it could be while still keeping the conversation light by not mentioning something like him falling off the monkey bars and being in pain for several weeks afterward.

The comment earned Roman a concerned glance from both Susan and Sara and Theo mumbled something that sounded like "Jesus christ" but something seemed to peak Holly's interest.

"How did you meet?" She asked, and rooms a bite of the cheesecake before continuing, "cus no offense, but you don't look like someone Samuel would hang out with, last time I checked he only hung out with soccer douchebags"

r o m a n

Roman felt that the explanation Samuel gave was a pretty good one. It highlighted how serious his bleeding disorder was without actually concerning them too much. Roman hated feeling like he was a charity case, like people pitied him.

Roman laughed again at Holly's next comment. Soccer douchebags. That was a pretty accurate description of the type of people Samuel used to hang around. Except Evan. He was decent.

"We actually met when Samuel got detention once," he said, looking at his boyfriend affectionately. "He had to come help me and my friends paint sets for a school play. He sucked at it, but it's okay, there's only room for one artistic genius in this relationship."

He was joking, of course, and gently rubbed Samuel's back to let him know this.

"Pfft how dare you, what if I have secret dreams of becoming an artist?" Samuel joked and kisses his boyfriend on the cheek, which was the first time in front of everyone in the room expect his nun and while it had been a subconscious move he did feel a little nervous about it afterwards, that was however not what Theo chose to comment on.

"Hang on a minute. Samuel? Detention? Impossible." Theo said with an overly shocked tone, it turned to accusing when it turned his head to his mother, "right mum?"

Samuel looked at his cousin with some confusion so Holly sighed explained in a hush voice that every could hear since they were all squeezed together in the small room, "she keeps saying shit like 'you should be more like your cousin, he barely ever got detention and always gets good grades' whenever we get detention or whatever"

Samuel looked at her with some surprises and then over to his aunt who seemed a little embarrassed.

"But I got detention all the time?" Samuel informed his aunt.

"You did?" Susan inflicted sternly and Samuel right away regretted his decision to tell his family he got detention on occasion too just like anyone, especially since both Holly and Theo were being annoying as they both let out an "Ooh" sound in unison.

"Well uh, not all the time, all the time, like, not that often but not less than anyone else?" Samuel tried, it was true, but honestly the reason he had mostly had gotten detention back in high school was because his friends frequently distributed classes and thus he got it by association.

Susan seemed to accept the answer and they all continued to eat the cake and amazing cheesecake and talking and catching up, when they seemed done Susan and Sara got their dishes and ventured into the kitchen with them, leaving the teens and young adults by themselves.

Samuel moved his feet up into the couch, pulled his knee up to his chest and leaned a little on Roman. Now that their mother were gone both Holly and Theo had taken up their phones again, catching up to whatever they had kissed while engaging in conversation with the family.

"Oh my god Adam is being such a fag, look at thi-- ow!" Holly stopped her brother from speaking further by punching him on the shoulder.

"You can't say that," she explained and glanced nervously over to the two other' son the couch as if the check if that was right.

"Yeah but I didn't mean it like that" Theo defended himself, sounding a little guilty still though. Samuel knew that was true, he was simply throwing out whatever thing he had grown up learning was an insult, he wasn't actually using it as a derogatory term for gay people, Samuel still didn't like it though, he had been called it to many times to really be okay with it but he had no idea how to react to it and thus, when Holly added "But that doesn't matter...Right?" he shrugged and kept on quietly leaning against Roman.

r o m a n

Roman smiled throughout the entire detention conversation, it was just so cute and Samuel was so adorable. He ran a hand through his boyfriend's curls affectionately and offered to help with the dishes, but was rejected, so he stayed put.

He frowned when Theo said the word. It was a horrible word, but Roman wasn't the most sensitive to it. He was used to it, really, and he and Elliot often called each other fags as a joke. But Samuel didn't have quite he same experiences as he did. He quickly checked Samuel to make sure he was alright, before he addressed the two teens.

"You shouldn't say it," he said to Theo gently. "It's horrible to hear from other people. I mean -- my friend Elliot and I sometimes say it to each other, but it's a joke, and we know we don't mean it because we're both bi. It's sort of like we've taken back what horrible people say to us and made it our own, if that makes sense."

He wasn't sure how to explain the concept to these kids, but he was trying his best.

"It's like ... it's like people of colour saying the N word in rap songs. It was once a really horrible thing to say -- it still is -- but they can say it because they've taken an insult and turned into a term of their own. I don't mean you're a bad person," he added to Theo, "I actually think you're really cool. Just ... try not to say it again?"

Roman summed it all up pretty well, in a way someone like Theo who had grown up not having to care due to not having any queer people close to him until now. Samuel had heard him say it before, but he obviously hadn't feel like he had been able to comment on it before, having Roman there to explain it was still nice though, it was all still kind of new to Samuel really and Roman knew what he was talking about.

"Kay, no one have been bother by it before so" Theo shrugged but accepted what he had done was wrong and then everyone got kind of quiet.

Samuel decided to put on a smile and tune the mood around a little, "it's like if I started insulting people be calling them ginger, you freckly weirdo"

He poked his cousin and Holly laughed along before adding, "no he wouldn't care, gingers have no soul remember"

"Oh fuck off we all have the same genes, you both have ginger blood in your veins" Theo joked, back to his normal self, then he looked over to Roman, "you should run while you have the chance"

r o m a n

Roman chuckled when the cousins started joking again, glad that he seemed to have been able to explain himself well enough that Theo understood but also wasn't offended. He was glad. He wanted Samuel's family to like them.

"I'll be sure to get out while I still can," he joked. "I don't have any gingers in my family. We're all blond or brunette. Well, actually, only me and my twin have brown hair so maybe we're genetic freaks as well."

It was odd how the twins had such different colouring to Brooklyn and their parents. They knew they got their hair and eyes from their dad's mother, but still.

"Aww shit you just pinpointed the exact reason I'm with you" Samuel said dramatically, " it's to eliminate the ginger gene"

He was completely ignoring the fact that even if he would have been planning to get kids that where genetically related to him at all they would definitely not be ginger.

"Oh shit, busted" Holly laughed.

They all continued to laugh and have fun for another while, Susan and Sara joined them again after the dishes were all done and nothing was really weird and no one said anything that could be considered offensive despite this all being new to the little family.

When leaving Sara told them that both of them were more than welcome to come over for a visit, and scolded Samuel for not doing so earlier since he lives in the area now. Holly threatened to murder them if they didn't bring their dog next time as Lady had come up in conversation at some point and all in all things were good. His family had been very accepting of him, just that Roman had predicted, and Samuel left the little apartment hand in hand with his boyfriend and very happy.

r o m a n
"I am fucking triggered."

Roman came home from his expedition to the mall to find what he needed with a haughty expression on his face. It was Halloween, also known as the most important day of the year, therefore he was taking this holiday very fucking seriously and in his opinion, his housemates weren't. Which, of course, was infuriating him.

"I asked Elliot if he wanted to go trick-or-treating with me later but apparently we're nineteen so we can't anymore," Roman continued to rant to his boyfriend as he dropped the bags on their bed and began to rifle though them to find what he wanted to show Samuel.

"Which is fucking bullshit. We went trick-or-treating last year. Yeah sure we took his little brothers but that's not the fucking point. We live in the city now and everyone's guaranteed to have better lollies and chocolate." Roman huffed irritably as he found Samuel's costume.

"Right. Blue hoodie, brown pants, and if you wear shoes I'll cut your feet off. I'm also spray painting your hair. Don't fuck with me, this is the most important day of the year." Roman dumped everything on Samuel before he located his own costume.

He had decided to purchase a blue cape similar to Elsa's from Frozen, and he had made himself a pair of pants and a shirt that matched the pattern from the Disney queen. He was also going all out with his makeup that year.

"You can't go trick or treating without a kid when you're nineteen and like a thousand feet tall, and you're an adult so you can get the best candy by yourself" Samuel half sighed half laughed, it was Halloween and Roman was excited. Samuel was slightly less excited.

He had never been the hugest fan of the holiday, the whole dressing up thing made him feel awkward, but not wearing a costume made you weirder, people tended to eat a lot and he wasn't the hugest fan of sweets.

But Samuel had agreed to dress up this year, because he knew that would make his boyfriend happy, and he had found the whole concept of matching costumes very sweet, he should have counted on the fact that Roman would go all out though. He knew he loved Halloween, and he loved makeup and costumes and sewing and diy and sweets. It was the perfect Holliday for him.

"Can I at least wear socks, I know he doesn't wear anything but no one will care," Samuel tried to argue as he looked through the items Roman had purchased, choosing one of the things since even trying g to get him to change his mind on one of them was probably futile, and the haircolour seemed more important that what he had or didn't have on his feet.