[Samuel x Roman]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
r o m a n
Roman's heart warmed up and butterflies gently invaded his stomach when Samuel literally stopped upon seeing him. Roman knew he was gorgeous, but he always got a little overwhelmed when Samuel reacted like that upon seeing him. A faint blush crept up the taller man's cheek and he smiled with joy as he put both hands on his husband's shoulders, leaned down, and kissed him softly on the lips.

"As if I'd wear non-kiss-proof lipstick on the last night of our honeymoon,"
he murmured warmly before kissing his husband again. He was tempted to just have them stay in, but no, he had already committed to going out so he was going to follow through.

"You shaved your legs for me? How kind of you." Roman kissed his husband one last time as a reward for being so sweet, before he stood up and swiped both their keycards, phones and wallets off the table on which they sat. "Though you should be doing it everyday," he joked. "Anyway, I'll have to revel in the baby softness of your legs later, right now, we have a decent-sized Spanish city to enjoy."

But before they did that, Roman stopped Samuel one more time to give him another kiss to the lips, because his husband was just standing there looking so pretty and totally deserved the extra affection. "Okay, now we can depart."

Samuel absolutely adored all the kisses and affection he was receiving from his husband, that and knowing that there probably would be much more of that throughout the night was probably one of the best feelings in the world. He also liked the suggestion of Roman appreciating the fact that he had shaven his legs at a later point. He might have shaved his legs because Roman liked it but it also came with the very nice bonus of Roman being more keen on touching Samuel's legs, which was something he liked.

As the left their room, and within a couple of minutes the hotel, Samuel kept his hand in Roman's. Taking it was a habit by now, he'd keep his right hand in Roman's left where it fit perfectly. As they walked Samuel was hit by the fact that this was one of those moments when they looked like polar opposites, Roman in black and sparkly gold and Samuel in plain white and primaries. But he knew that they were actually the perfect match for each other, as proven by there hands swaying back and forth casually as they walked.

"So, my lovely husband," Samuel started, a bright smile on his lips as he looked up at said husband. He looked just as gorgeous as he had minutes before, but Samuel still took note of how beautiful he was again, "where are we going tonight? How are we finishing of our amazing honeymoon," his tone was playful and he honestly couldn't be in a better mood, this evening would just be him and Roman, no major worries, no stress or anything like that and Samuel was really looking forward to a nice evening out.

r o m a n
"Well, my lovely husband," said Roman pleasantly, also smiling at the word. It was perfect. "I thought that we could go down to the beach, since it's getting dark so it's a little cooler. And we can take a walk, then maybe get dinner at one of those restaurants on the boardwalk, and try and find a mermaid."

But even if they did find a mermaid, Roman wouldn't care, because the love of his life was right there with him, holding his hand while they made their way through the ancient streets of Barcelona. And Roman wouldn't have it any other way. He let go of Samuel's hand, but only to drape his left arm around the other man's shoulders, which he did to enable himself to pull his husband close. He didn't care who saw them, because they were happy, and that was all that mattered.

They arrived at the beach, where the sun was setting over the serene water and the sky was dyed varying shades of orange and pink, broken up by the clouds. Nearby, a band was playing on the boardwalk, currently performing a quaint, classical song Roman couldn't quite identify, but found lovely nonetheless.

Roman turned his head to face his husband and press a kiss to the top of his dark head. "Are you exited to get home? Or unwilling to leave?"

Samuel liked Roman's plans for the evening a whole lot, especially when they actually got down to the beach and the boardwalk because the sun was just in those most beautiful stages of setting and just like on their first day there it made Roman look absolutely beautiful.

"Both, I think,"
Samuel said thoughtfully but without much hesitation, "I love being here with you and not really having to care about anything at all you know?"

It really was nice, he loved his life a lot, but being here meant they didn't have to stress about work, or buying groceries or walking the dog. Samuel liked not having to set an alarm in the morning and just cuddle with Roman however long he wanted, he liked not having to care about how long they stayed up at night, they could come home late and still not have to go to sleep right away.

"But I miss home, I wanna get back to work, and hang out with Evan, London and Allison, and cuddle in our bed with the pets," he added, because that was true too, he'd never trade their family and friends back home for the relaxed honeymoon lifestyle.

"What about you, love?" he asked and squeezed Roman's hand a little, and act that often was a reassuring one but right then and there was nothing but an affectionate gesture, "You feeling homesick eat or do you want to stay another couple of weeks?"

r o m a n
"Well, part of me wants to stay here with you forever and forget all my responsibilities and everything," Roman said, pulling away entirely from Samuel for a moment to lean down and pick up a nice seashell from the sand. It was small, smooth on one side and ridged on the other, and mostly white with some purple accents. He liked it a lot.

"But, then again, I want to get home, and see our family and friends and pets and get back to work," Roman reasoned. He took Samuel's hand again, pressed the seashell into it and continued walking along. "And I want to see Matthew cry when we show him all the pictures of the historical buildings we saw."

That last part was a joke, of course, but Roman genuinely was excited to get home. As much as he had had a wonderful time on his honeymoon with the love of his life, it had to come to an end eventually, and if he was being honest, he was getting a tad homesick. He missed their little apartment.

"And, Chelsea's totally going to give birth within, like, a week, my baby senses are tingling, and if I'm not there I'm going to cry."

Samuel laughed both at Roman's excitement and his silly reasoning for why he thought the baby would be born in about a week, "Okay, we know for a fact that she is going to have her baby soon, baby senses are the most bullshit thing I have ever heard you say."

He inspected the seashell carefully as they walked, it was very pretty, if he looked along the beach he saw plenty more shells but none quite like the one he was holding, possibly simply because it was the one his husband had grabbed. He pocketed it end pulled Roman down for a sweet little kiss on the cheek.

"But I love you so you can say whatever bullshit things you want," He chuckled, and they continued walking, "Are you excited about becoming an uncle again?" Samuel knew the answer to that was yes, of course, but as the good husband he was, he'd gladly let Roman talk about the joy he felt about his soon to be born niece or nephew. Samuel was excited too, of course, now that he and Roman were married there was nothing honorary about the uncle title for him, as Roman's husband that was technically what Samuel would be to London's and Brooklyn's kids, and he liked that a lot.

r o m a n
"Shut up, Samuel, I have the strongest baby senses of all time," Roman said, wiggling his fingers mysteriously, as if he had some sort of magical powers. But then he just chuckled and rolled his eyes, and returned his hand to Samuel's.

"Yes, I am so excited," Roman gushed, even if they knew that already. He spun around so he was facing Samuel, walking backwards and holding both of his hands in his own. He trusted Samuel to tell him if he was going to crash into anything, because Samuel was the best husband ever and would surely not let Roman die.

"Oh my God, we have to get some stupid baby souvenir for them from the airport tomorrow. The baby is going to be so cute, and small, remember when Allison was just born? Like that. Holy shit, I'm getting hyped as it is." Roman started to bounce a little on his feet, using that as a way to move along instead of normal walking. "And I'm totally going to knit this one a blankie, and a beanie, and we're babysitting as Brooks and Chels will let us and its going to be great and what if she has the baby tonight?" A look of horror crossed Roman's face. "Okay, we're swimming home right now."

Samuel smiled at Roman's energetic behaviour, it was absolutely adorable and he couldn't help but wonder what he had done to deserve such a perfect guy as his husband, god he loved him more than anything.

"Roman, I know for a fact that you couldn't swim more than like a hundred meters tops, you barely leave the couch you lazy fuck," Samuel said this in a joking manner, of course, they knew the reason Roman didn't do exercise but it was fun to joke about the fact that he would have preferred sitting on his ass eating chips even if he could go out for a jog.

At this point a couple of people came walking in front of them, or well behind Roman, so, Samuel gestured with his head to the left and pulled Roman to the side with the hands they were holding. The people passed without collision. This was actually the kind of thing Samuel knew Roman shouldn't really do, it upped the probability of him falling and hurting himself, but it was also such a small thing Samuel didn't have the heart to stop him. Besides, Samuel would personally make sure he didn't fall or bump into something, so it was okay.

"Besides, like you said, you have the strongest baby senses of all time, so you will know if they're about to have their baby and I suspect your incredible baby senses aren't tingling right now yeah?" Samuel said with a grin, playing along with Roman's silly joke.

r o m a n
Roman stopped and scowled at his husband when the flaws in his logic were pointed out. He then proceeded to push Samuel into the sand.

"You're a bully, I hate you," he said, despite it being inherently obvious that if anyone was a bully, it was him. He then chuckled and took both of Samuel's hands again, pulled him to his feet and took the liberty of brushing all the sand off his husband's clothes until he was back in the pristine condition he had been in before Roman had so rudely assaulted him.

"I'm joking. I love you a lot." Roman kissed his husband on the lips and then pulled him into a hug. As he did so, the band that was playing music changed songs, to a slower one this time, one that was perfect for romantic dancing. Roman looked at his husband in his arms, then up at the boardwalk where they were playing, and got an idea.

"Hey, do you want to dance?"
he asked softly, pulling away from Samuel to smile at him sweetly.

Samuel wasn't at all prepared for Roman's shove and thus fell back in the sand but it was soft and it was all in good fun and Samuel laughed a little as Roman did his best t right his wrong and help him up and brush off the sand off his clothes.

And also with the kiss, Samuel was pretty sure he would forgive Roman for just about anything in exchange for kisses, what could he say? He was weak and he loved receiving kisses from his husband.

But then Roman asked about dancing.

"Okay Roman, you can't just shove me onto the ground and then ask me to dance, why would I say yes to such a mean guy?" Samuel started out jokingly but then gave it some actual thought, he looked over at the band, listening to the soft and calm music, it was nice, and dancing had been nice on their wedding night and he had practiced a lot before it so he wasn't as garbage at it anymore, still Samuel gave his husband an unsure expression, "But honestly, I don't know, you know I'm not very good at dancing," it wasn't a definite no, nor a definite yes, he'd probably end up doing it if Roman wanted to though, it was the kind of person he was and he knew most things were more fun and less worrisome when he actually got to do them.

r o m a n
"Naw, come on, it will be fun," Roman nagged, dropping a swift kiss to the top of Samuel's head. "You remember how much fun our wedding was? It will be almost as fun as that. Almost. Nothing will be as fun as our wedding."

Regardless, Roman wanted to go dancing so he dragged his husband onto the boardwalk and over to where the band was performing. Of course, if Samuel actually said he didn't want to dance, or gave any indication of the sort, Roman would happily find them something else to do. But so far Samuel seemed decently okay with it, so Roman proceeded with the plan.

They got to the edge of the makeshift dance floor, which was really a small area of space where the wooden boardwalk met the cobblestone path between the beach and the city. The band was playing a little way away, and around fifteen couples stood slowly manoeuvring the dance floor, locked in loving embraces.

Roman let go of Samuel's hand, walked a little way away and plucked a small white flower from a nearby shrub. He then returned to Samuel and offered the small flower to his husband. "May I have this dance?"

Samuel let Roman lead, or other drag him closer to the dancefloor, he allowed but not to reluctantly, if he really didn't want to do this he wouldn't have come with but he did so at that point he already knew he'd be dancing within minutes. When Roman sweetly held up that flower he knew for sure he would.

"Well when you ask me like that I guess I can't say no," Samuel said with a soft smile playing on his lips. He gently took the flower but only to tuck it behind Roman's ear, letting it blend into his hair. It didn't go all that well with his outfit that day but it was pretty none the less, "Alright," he murmured, "You may have this dance,"

Then they walked the short one or two steps up to the little dancefloor are people had made for themselves, Samuel sure wasn't about to go into the middle of it all, and then he wrapped his arms around his husband in the way everyone else was. "And you better lead so I don't look silly," not that he really could look silly, this was just slow dancing, basically hugging and swaying to the music, no waltzing around like they had on their wedding, so it would be pretty hard to mess up.

r o m a n
"Samuel, my love, it's literally impossible for you to look silly whilst dancing with me," Roman joked.

He wrapped his long arms around his husband's waist, holding him close while they began to move. Slow dancing wasn't overly complicated, nor was it very technical, so it was more than simple to just sway around in a small area of space. Roman easily lead his gorgeous husband through the dance, all the while holding him very close, leaning his chin on the top of the other man's head.

It was a gentle and intimate moment, despite it being in the middle of a very public place with lots of people around. Honestly, Roman thought it was wonderful, the perfect end to the perfect honeymoon. The scent of Samuel's shampoo mixed with the ocean breeze and created a blissful aroma in Roman's nose. He could feel Samuel's heart beating against his own chest, and he could feel the warmth of Samuel's skin through his shirt.

It was perfect.

"Have I told you how much I love you today?"

After a moment or two out on the makeshift dance floor Samuel let out a happy sigh. This wasn't as bad as he had made it out to seem, it was basically just an excuse to get to cuddle his husband in public and he would not say no to that. He followed Roman's movements as they swayed to the music. Somehow it felt like there were no one there but the two of them, like it was only Samuel and Roman and soft melodies coming from nowhere.

"I'm pretty sure you've told me you love me once or twice today," Samuel chuckled gently, they both said those three words a whole lot to each other, both at times where it fitted and just at random points throughout the day. But why wouldn't they take any chance they got to remind each other how much they loved the other, "You might have neglected to say exactly how much though,"

Samuel nuzzled his face a little against Roman's shoulder, his husband was so tall the top of his head just reached up about to Roman's chin, and Samuel loved that a whole lot, "Personally, I love you more than anything in the world, just so you know,"

r o m a n
"Personally, I love you more than anything else in the entire universe," Roman said, as if he was trying to one-up his husband, which was not the case at all. He was merely trying to express his inexpressible love for the man in his arms in a way that was both humorous and accurate to his feelings. And he really did love Samuel that much, and more.

"Really, though, there are no words to accurately describe how much I love you. I don't think the word exists. Like, you know how big the planet Jupiter is? My love for you is, like, seventeen million times bigger than that." Roman nodded like a little kid, before nuzzling his face into Samuel's chocolate curls. They were so soft, and perfect. Once again, Roman was dumbfounded as to how he had obtained such a gorgeous and incredible and perfect man, and how that man had ever agreed to marry him.

"I definitely love you more than I love food," Roman said matter-of-factly. "Like, if I could only have you or food for the rest of my life, I'd definitely pick you, both because you're cute and because I could subtly snack on you when you're asleep, you wouldn't notice."

Roman describe how much he loved him made Samuel feel all warm inside and he leaned his head against his shoulder as he spoke, just enjoying hearing the words and knowing how loved he was, until Roman mentioned the food, which made Samuel crack up a little and he leaned back and grinned as Roman described of he'd survive through mild cannibalism.

"Well I would argue that you have tried snacking on me more than once by biting me," Samuel chuckled in reference to the fact that sometimes when Roman got adorably annoyed or irritated it would earn Samuel a little bite to the shoulder, "But because I think you're so sweet and because I love you even more than you just described you love me," He looked up a little at Roman with a small smirk as he one upped him, "I'd let you take a bite or two,"

At that he placed a little kiss on Roman's neck, it was a small innocent one, and he would have placed it on his cheek but he just couldn't stand on his tiptoes, pull roman down if he wanted to keep sway to the music, so the neck would have to do.

"I'd give up soccer for you, definitely, I wouldn't even hesitate," Samuel said gently, it was meant to match the level of silliness of Roman saying he'd give up food but it ended up being a little more serious, so he added "I mean I'd be miserable and I'd walk around the apartment kicking random things to compensate, but I'd do it," doing that made it a little more joking and a little lighter. It was true though, if it stood between Roman and almost any other thing he'd choose Roman, "You're the one thing that makes me happier than anything, you know that right? I could be in a room with no doors or windows and nothing to do, but if had you there I'd never get bored or depressed,"

r o m a n
The conversation suddenly adopted a more serious note and Roman frowned into Samuel's hair, glad that he couldn't see it. He knew that Samuel would have to quit soccer eventually, if only because he would grow older and his body would grow less capable. That was just a fact of life and while it likely wouldn't happen for a while, it would happen, and Roman wasn't looking forward to Samuel's inevitable slump because of it.

But he would be there for him, without a doubt. He had married him, after all.

"Well, lucky for you, I think you look super hot when you play soccer so I certainly won't be making you quit any time soon,"
Roman joked. He smiled at the kiss he received and reciprocated by pressing one of his own to the crest of Samuel's forehead. In the nighttime heat, their skin was faintly sweaty, but Roman didn't mind that. It reminded him of how his husband's skin felt when he returned from a walk or finished a soccer game. It was familiar.

Roman smiled into Samuel's hair like an idiot at his husband's next words. "Well even if there was no windows you'd have a great view," he chuckled. The song stopped and the band announced that they were taking a short break, but Roman didn't move. He stood there, with his husband, gazing down at the perfect man in his arms, the man who he would be spending the rest of his life with.

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me,"
he whispered.

The music quieted down but Roman did not let Samuel go. Samuel didn't complain though, h just stayed in Roman's arm, holding him close and leaning his head against his chest. The words that came out of Roman's mouth was probably some of the best ones Samuel had ever heard. He loved knowing he meant so much to Roman.

"And you're the best thing that ever happened to me," Samuel murmured, it was the truth, "I honestly don't think I would have made it this far without you,"

It was pretty dark, but it was true. In being an adult and being able to look back to the person he was before Roman he knew he hadn't been in a good place. Roman had come into his life at just the right time. He also knew that even if he had made it through high school he probably wouldn't have dealt well with moving out and getting friends at university without Roman, and had he not had him with him during his PTSD diagnosis he would have probably given up.

It was a little sad to think about, but Samuel didn't feel sad about it, because he had had Roman with him through all of that, and thanks to him he had come out a stronger and happier person at the end of it. And now they were married and as soon as they got home they'd start the rest of their lives together, properly. Samuel couldn't wait. But first they needed to have their perfect last evening in Barcelona, and Samuel doubted anything could ruin it after the nice moment they just shared.

He pulled away a little from Roman's chest and now that they were standing still and the music had stopped he could pull him down for a kiss. So he did, and he let his lips linger for as long as he dared when they were out in public.

"Someone mentioned something about a last dinner though, so we should probably get to that, as much as I love telling you how much I love you in public," Samuel grinned. He was glad he had gone up to dance with Roman, it had earned him this moment and he couldn't think of a better way to finish their last evening in Barcelona and their honeymoon.

r o m a n
"Oh my fucking God, finally, I thought my legs were going to fall off," Roman complained as he and Samuel stepped off the plane and onto the tarmac of the Tullamarine airport.

Their honeymoon had been absolutely perfect. Even the small hiccup with Samuel's family had been a mostly good time, because Samuel had gotten to catch up with his cousins. Everything else had ran without a hitch, and Roman already missed Barcelona. However, he missed their apartment more, so he was happy to arrive home and get on with his life as a married man.

Currently, he wore a pair of leggings and a long T-shirt with Edward Cullen's face on it, along with ugg boots and no makeup. After he and Samuel checked in and claimed their luggage, they found a taxi to take them to their apartment, which they loaded their bags into the trunk of before sliding into the backseat.

"Okay, I just texted London so she and Evan and Allison will be there when we get home," Roman told Samuel, leaning against him and nuzzling into his shoulder. Despite the long sleep he had had whilst on the plane, he was still tired. "And hopefully she had the initiative to get us dinner because I am starving," he added as a joke.

While Roman, of course, had managed to lull him to sleep during their flight it was still a light one and this time they hadn't been as lucky with the weather, it was getting to winter in the southern hemisphere after all and so the weather wasn't always perfect and sunny. The thing with bad weather and flying though was that it most likely meant turbulence, something that scared Samuel quite a lot. Meaning he hadn't had the most undisturbed sleep and by the time they were on the ground he was both incredibly relieved and incredibly tired.

Soon enough though they were comfortable cuddled up in the taxi, Samuel was wearing the same thing he had when he left, meaning a t-shirt and some comfortable jeans, so he could at least relax pretty well in the car.

"Roman you're always starving," Samuel laughed, "And I honestly don't know if that means she's going to ignore it and brush it aside as you always being hungry or be prepared with food… Probably the first alternative, no offence to London but she's just as bad as me at cooking."

The cab ride home was pleasant and nice and cosy, Samuel just let Roman lean on him and he leaned against him as well. He was tired so he didn't say much, but they didn't need to talk every second of their life, sometimes they could just sit quietly and enjoy each other's company like that.

Soon enough they could see their apartment building coming up ahead and Samuel couldn't be happier. He missed their home, a whole lot. Barcelona had been amazing and he hoped they could go back one day but for no, he couldn't be happier about being back at their little apartment.

Outside of the apartments Evan, London and Alison along with Lady, were standing outside, having timed things perfectly. Allison was waving profusely, it felt like she had grown a whole lot the time they were gone, she was getting older so fast.

The moment they were out of the cab Allison hurried over to Roman and wrapped her little arms all around him while shouting, "Welcome back! We missed you!" it was adorable. Samuel received a very bro-y hug from Evan and his friend asked, "Did you have a good time," to which Samuel replied "yepp, did the pets behave while we were gone?" and when Roman had pulled away from the hug he answered that with, "Yeah but your cat has really sharp claws," and he showed Samuel his hands which were full of little scratches. Samuel suspected it was just because Evan didn't know how to handle cats because generally, Malfoy was a pretty calm little guy.