[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n

Roman felt uncomfortable with the prayers that were being said, simply because of his aversion to all forms of religion. But they were in Spanish so he didn't really know what was being said, so he was able to just sit quietly and listen and repeat what was spoken when everyone else did. This was the first time he had ever said grace.

Soon they were finished and Samuel was introducing Roman to the newcomers. Roman wasn't expecting much from Felipe, so the obvious rejection didn't affect him all that much. He smiled politely at Felipe regardless before turning to the two girls he was introduced to next.

Lucía's words took him by surprise. They were positive, and the closest thing to politeness that he had experienced since coming here. Roman looked up at her, his green eyes slightly wide, and nodded slowly, as if he couldn't believe this was real.

He realised how sad that was but didn't reflect on it too much.

"Yeah," he said with a slightly nervous smile. "Um, it's Ofra's Glazed Donut, it's really good, I would recommend it. Do you like makeup?"

"Mmm…" Lucía gave her mother a cautious glance, "But I'm only allowed to wear it on special occasions,"

Carmen looked like she wanted to jump in and say something there, whether it was to defend her decision about not letting her daughters wear makeup on the regular or because she didn't want them to speak to someone like Roman.

"Well you're really pretty so you don't really need it," Marco insisted and Lucía smiled, it didn't seem like she minded the fact that she wasn't allowed to wear it to bad.

"You were cuter the last time I saw you though," Samuel joked.

"I was six,"

"Exactly," they all laughed a little and then Samuel finally took a bite of the food. It really did taste just as he had remembered it, and that combined with Lucía actually talking to Roman was making him a little more relaxed and a little more in a good mood. "This is really good grandma,"

"Thank you," Antonia smiled warmly, "Carmen helped a lot too, she helps with a lot of things around here,"

Samuel turned to Carmen and decided there was no use in him being rude just because she was, "Well it's really good, Carmen," her reply was a nod, nothing more.

"Miguel, why don't you tell everyone what Roman and Samuel told you about their pets?" María changed the topic quickly, not even giving time for Samuel to be hurt by Carmen not even wanting to talk to him, "so you can practice your English a little,"

"O-okay… They have a cat, and a dog, and a bunny," Miguel said excitedly, retelling the information he had learnt about them earlier in the day.

"Really you can have a cat and bunny together?" Lucía asked, her sister sat quiet but with curiosity in her eyes.

"Mhm, if you introduce them to each other properly the bunny is actually often more bossy than the cat," Samuel said, Samuel heard Marco translate what was being said to Antonia.

"You always did love animals a lot, Samuel," everyone old enough to remember that laughed a little, Samuel translated to his husband, "She said I've always loved animals,"

"What are their names? What breed of dog is it?" Lucía asked, and Samuel looked at his husband to urge him to answer, it was nice to have Roman be included, to have normal conversations going without people saying things that made him nervous about being there. Most of all Samuel just wanted Roman to be able to be a part of his family, and he knew that wasn't entirely possible with Carmen and his grandmother, but the others seemed okay with including him.

r o m a n

They were slowly shifting into more normal, casual conversation and Roman was very grateful. He felt a little less alienated now, and a little less alone. Of course he always had unwavering support from his husband, but it was nice to know that the others were willing to include him, sans Carmen, of course.

"Well, our dog's name is Lady, and she's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel," Roman said to them all. "Our cat's name is Malfoy, because he's all white like Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter, and our bunny's name is Lola."

Roman had yet to actually eat anything. He felt anxious and therefore didn't want to eat, but he knew it would be rude of him to ignore his meal and the last thing he wanted to do was upset anyone even more than he already had. So, he loaded up his fork with some paella and popped it in his mouth.

"Mmm, this is really good," he said appreciatively to Antonia and Carmen. He wasn't lying, it was delicious, but he doubted either of them would care to hear his opinion on their cooking.

"He complimented the food," Samuel told Anotnia, she looked a little surprised first but then Antonia's expression softened into a small smile.

"Thank you," Antonia said, and Samuel didn't need to translate it, because he knew Roman knew that word. It wasn't much that she said that, but at least it was something compared to Carmen who said nothing and it made Samuel smile too.

Samuel obviously noticed Roman's appetite hadn't really been there and he knew Roman's anxiety was always pretty bad when he wasn't able to eat, luckily the rest of the people there didn't know how much Roman normally ate and thanks to how skinny he was it was probably easy to assume he just always didn't eat much.

The rest of dinner went on without all that many more things that. Carmen was still hostile of course and Felipe was quiet. Antonia seemed to make an effort to ask Roman a question or two after seeing how happy Samuel had gotten when she interacting with him. Although she obviously wasn't as interested in learning more about his job as a tattoo artist as most people and mostly just ended up using it as a Segway to have Samuel tell her about his job. Which he gladly did, and he also made sure to tell her the kids he taught loved Roman.

Actually, throughout dinner he kept doing things like that, if someone in his family tried to learn something about him, he would also ad something related and positive about Roman, both so he could join in on the conversation a little and to make sure his family got to know what a great guy he was.

After dinner everyone helped with the dishes and getting everything off the table and then Antonia started mumbling something about seeing if she could find something for dessert, "You kids can go to the living room for a little while, we'll get it to you in there in a bit," Marco said, obviously wanting to help his mother.

At first, Samuel wasn't sure what constituted as kids in her eyes, the last time he had been her he had definitely counted as that, now he was an adult obviously, but he was still a part of the younger generation. María seemed to pick up on the confusion, "she means us too, I think the girls were watching movies, yeah?"

Andrea and Lucía nodded and they all, including Javier, of course, headed over towards the living room, Miguel practically ran there at the promise of a movie. Samuel however, stopped before they could see what movie was even playing, "Actually, will you give us a moment?"

"Everything okay?"

"yeah I just wanna find a bathroom," María nodded, probably understanding that that wasn't all of it, but she instructed them where to go and Samuel remembered the layout of the house well enough to steer their steps to one of the bathrooms without problem. Once inside he locked the door behind them and instantly felt a little relieved because this was the first time in a while they were getting privacy. And it was needed.

He pulled Roman into a hug, "how are you feeling?" he asked softly, "do you wanna go home?"

r o m a n

The rest of the meal went on relatively smoothly. Samuel made sure to promote Roman in a positive light and Roman politely answered every question directed at him. Eventually he calmed down enough to eat a little more of his meal. He didn't finish it as quickly as he would have if he wasn't so anxious, but he completed the meal out of politeness and made sure to help with the dishes.

He didn't protest when Samuel lead him to a bathroom and wrapped him in a hug. In fact, he appreciated it, because he really fucking needed it. He had just sat through one of the most stressful meals of his life and he needed comfort from his husband to recuperate from it.

"I'm ... I don't know." Roman sighed and nuzzled the top of Samuel's head. He found comfort in the texture of the curls against his skin. "I don't want to leave yet because it's only really Carmen and Felipe and your grandmother that seem to have a problem with me? But it feels like Antonia is trying, at least a little, and I genuinely like Lucía and María and Javier, so ..."

Roman sighed shakily and pulled back to look at his husband. He caressed the side of Samuel's face with the back of his hand, marvelling in how soft the skin was, in how beautiful and amazing and perfect his husband was, inside and out.

"I just want this to go well for you. They're your family, and you love them, and I understand that and I want you to be on good terms with them. So I'll stay, if that's what you want to do."

"I really want to stay, but mostly because I want a proper chance to talk to Andrea and Lucía too," Roman was absolutely right when he said that this was Samuel's family and that he loved them, at one point in his life he had associated these people with nothing other than good things, even Carmen and Filipe. But things weren't as simple anymore, and it was hard for Samuel to face his family knowing they saw him differently now, knowing that at least in part some of them blamed him and Roman for Manuel going to prison, when in reality what had happened was Samuel getting saved after years of abuse. He needed Roman there for him, so if Roman couldn't take being there Samuel wouldn't be able to take it either.

"I don't want you to push yourself too far because of me, I'd feel terrible if you end up having an anxiety attack because you feel like you need to be here." He still head his hands on Roman's back after the hug so he rubbed slowly as he talked, hopefully going him some comfort and reminding him that he was there for him, "So I'm serious, if anything happens or if anyone says anything that makes you too uncomfortable I want you to tell me, you can pull me along here and we can sort out what we want to do in peace alright?"

Roman was the type of person to put others in front of himself. And as beautiful of a characteristic that was, Samuel knew Roman often ended up hurting because of it and today that was the case. So, Samuel was trying to make this as comfortable as possible for him.

"Tell me when you're ready to go out again," going back out there felt a little less daunting knowing they'd be going out to the kids and María and Javier, they were the most accepting and ha it just been them there things wouldn't be as unpleasant as they were.

r o m a n
Samuel was so kind and caring and Roman loved him more than anyone else in the entire world. It saddened him, however, to know that it was exactly that love that made him a sinner in the eyes of his husband's family. He just wished that they could all get out of their prejudicial mindsets and accept one another, but he knew that that was unlikely to happen.

Roman sighed and kissed Samuel on the forehead. All he wanted was for his husband to be happy, and if that meant sacrificing a bit of his own happiness by facing these people who despised him, he would gladly do that a hundred thousand times over. Roman had made up his mind about that particular problem before they had even arrived.

"Okay," he said softly, pulling back to run a hand through his hair. He caught his reflection in the mirror and found that he looked tired, and pale, and slightly sick. But hopefully no one else noticed that, or if they did notice, they would just pass it off as nerves. "Let's go."

"Alright, Don't forget that I love you," Samuel murmured, he doubted Roman would forget, but he had a feeling he needed the reminder, and telling him that wasn't as easy out with his family, so he needed to take the moment.

Samuel led Roman back out to the living room. There they found all the kids, and María and Javier, seated on the big couch and in the armchairs in front of the TV. The Spanish dubbed version of Zootopia was playing, someone seemed to have been nice and put on English subtitles while he and Roman were gone.

Upon noticing them Miguel quickly scooted closer to Andrea and patted the empty space next to him for Samuel and Roman to come sit, Samuel sat next to him and he allowed Roman to sit next to the armrest, so he'd be less overcrowded. He also wrapped his arm around Roman's waist so he could hold him while they watched the movie with the others.

Other than Moana, Zootopia was one of Samuel's favourites when it came to Disney, mostly because of the animals. He was a man of simple needs, put a cute bunny in the lead of a movie and he'd love it. But it was also a very good movie, so that helped build its case.

"What animal would you be in Zootopia," Andrea asked Miguel, they were sitting next to each other in the middle of the couch, looking very cute together.

Miguel thought about it for a moment before saying, "I wanna be a tiger," Andrea nodded, "That's cool, I think I would want to be a bunny, like, Judy, she's super cool,"

Miguel mimicked Andrea and nodded, then he sat quiet and seemed to be thinking for a moment before asking, "What are you in Zootrópolis?" in English, but using the Spanish name for the movie, looking over at Samuel and Roman with big eyes.

"Mmm… A dog maybe? I like dogs a lot,"
Miguel seemed satisfied with the answer, nodded, and leaned forward a little to look past Samuel

r o m a n
"Um, I would probably be a cat," Roman said, happy to be included in the conversation by the adorable Miguel. It was times like this where Roman truly appreciated children -- they were so sweet and innocent, unshaped and uninfluenced by their parents' attitudes and values. Roman was glad that little Miguel had nice parents who would likely encourage him to be an open and appreciative person in his later years.

"I like cats a lot. Or maybe I would be a snow leopard, since I like cold weather better than hot weather," Roman continued. He found it a lot easier to be open and talkative with Miguel and Andrea and Lucía when they were alone with María and Javier than he did when Antonia and Carmen and the others were in the room. And it saddened him to think like that, but it was the truth.

Roman took his husband's free hand and held it in his own. He always found comfort in physical contact like that. Roman traced the lines on Samuel's palm with the tip of his painted fingernail, and reminded himself that soon, they would be back in their hotel room and would be able to simply relax, and that would make all of this worth it.

"Leopards are cool," he struggled a little with pronouncing leopards but he seemed to like that answer more than the house cat answer.

"He likes big cats," María explained with a shrug and Miguel smiled shyly and adorably while nodding, then he leaned back in the couch to enjoy the movie, probably reloading some of the energy it took for him to ask a stranger a question in English. Samuel knew what it was like to be a shy kid, sometimes you'd need pauses like that to keep going because asking a question could be hard.

Everyone seemed to respect that and sat quietly, except occasionally laughing a little at the movie, for a while until María said, "Hey Lucía, remember that summer when you were walking around showing off to everyone that you could do the splits," it was pretty Random, but then again recalling memories of the last time Samuel was there when Samuel was visiting wasn't that weird.

Lucías face flared up red, "oh my god shut up," she slipped over into Spanish but continued in English, "I was like six, all-six-year-olds does that, it was a thing at my school"

"All six-year-olds aren't shown up buy their sixteen-year-old cousins,"

"María!" Samuel complained now it was his turn to be slightly embarrassed, "She was being annoying in telling everyone how flexible she was, and I said we stretch all the time after soccer and that I could probably get down the same amount as she and the you," he pointed an accusatory finger towards María, "forced me to prove it,"

"And it doesn't even matter because I can't even do it anymore, so," Lucía insisted, she and Samuel seemed to be on the same page about this embarrassing memory.

"Okay but the real question is, can Samuel do it?"

"I don't know, no? It's not like I've tried it recently,"

María was not happy with that answer, and the determined look on her face when she leaned forward to get eye contact with Roman and asked, "Can he do it?" caused Javier to laugh a little at his wife. They were a cute couple.

r o m a n
"Wait, you could do the splits?"

All nerves and anxiety were momentarily forgotten with this exciting new revelation. Roman stared at his husband with wide eyes, unable to believe what he was hearing. He couldn't imagine Samuel doing the splits, it was something that in his head, only dancers like London could do, which he knew was stupid, but that was just how he had viewed gymnastics for years.

"This is the first time I'm hearing of this," Roman said with a small laugh to María, shrugging because it was true. How had he gone so many years without knowing that Samuel could do the splits? He was partially annoyed with himself but mostly surprised and curious to see if Samuel could do it.

"I mean, I've seen you kick pretty high," Roman said to his husband, turning to him with inquisitive green eyes. "And sometimes when you're sitting, you have one leg stretched out pretty far so I guess you could still do it, maybe? You have to try, though, I will not let you leave this room until you try to do the splits."

Samuel's face heated up even more because this all was stupid, "Roman, you've seen me stretch after Soccer, I can sit with my legs straight and lean my forehead on my knees without problem," he insisted as if this would excuse him from doing it.

"I can't believe your husband wouldn't know that," Lucía argued, "You have to show him,"

"Well it's not like it comes up in conversation, and like I said I don't think I've tried doing the splits specifically since then," Samuel insisted, "I probably can't even do it anymore,"

That was true, Samuel hadn't tried it for a while, and he felt like Roman did know he was flexible, just not that particular detail. And Samuel was pretty flexible, some would probably argue very, obviously, it was partially genetic since Lucía had been able to do it without practising too, only Samuel had since technically practised since then.

"Just show him, Samuel," María said and Samuel glared at her and seriously debated not showing now and just showing Roman later. But both Andrea and Miguel were looking at him curiously and they were cute.

"Alright," Samuel said in defeat as he stood, he dragged his husband up with him, "You'll have to help me, I don't want to fall and pull a muscle or whatever," They still had time left on their honeymoon, he refused to hurt himself and end up having to spend any of it in bed. Although after today he could probably do with an entire day relaxing in bed with Roman.

He grabbed Roman's hand to keep himself steady, and also because he still hated attention keeping close to Roman made him less embarrassed. And so he did his best to slide down, it wasn't too hard since he was wearing socks on hardwood floors, and after a moment or two he let go of Roman's hand to support himself by keeping them on the floor instead, because that was as far down he had gotten, there was maybe a decimetre left to the ground so he couldn't down all the way and at this point he could really feel it in his hamstrings, "That's it okay, I can't go down further, help me up Roman,"

r o m a n
Roman dutifully rose to his feet to hold his boyfriend's hand, literally, while he attempted to do the splits for the first time in years. He watched, completely intrigued as his husband explored the full extent of his flexibility. Of course, Roman knew that Samuel was flexible -- as he had said, he stretched all the time before and after soccer -- but this was different, because this was something that typically, men and even most women couldn't do.

Samuel was basically all the way down to the floor by the time he declared he could go no further. Roman immediately leaned down to put his hands under Samuel's arms and help him to his feet. "I am thoroughly impressed," he told Samuel matter-of-factly as they both straightened up. "You'll be an Olympic gymnast in no time."

Since they were in the room with the more accepting members of the extended Ortega family, Roman took the moment to kiss his husband on the top of the head, nothing too outrageous but still an affectionate gesture. He felt his husband deserved it, after being nice to them all and showing off his awesome flexibility. However, he didn't do anything else other than sit down on the couch with their hands linked together, as always.

"I am very proud of you. You should be proud of yourself also."

"Personally," Samuel said in a serious tone, although it was quite clear that he was mostly joking, "I feel mildly humiliated and I now hate all of you," Then he kissed Roman's cheek in response to Romans kiss to his head. No one seemed to care, to the people in the room this was just behaviour that was expected of a couple.

"Aww come on Samuel, we just helped you get out some information to Roman that I'm sure he'll appreciate knowing later," She gave Samuel and Roman a very over dramatic blink at that and Javier gave her a little shove as if t complain about the implications she had made in front of children. The two youngest didn't seem to catch on though and Lucía just laughed a little.

All in all the atmosphere in the room was really nice, they were having fun and just talking like a normal family should and Samuel didn't feel very weighed down by being there at all. His cousins were probably the people he wanted a relationship with the most. He didn't care much about Carmen, and while Marco was nice he didn't feel as important.

They proceeded to watch the movie and chat idly, Samuel segued the conversation into Roman's love for Disney at one point and of course, Andrea loved all the princesses just as much as him. At one point the girl also carefully asked about their wedding, she wondered if one of them had worn a white suit since usually the girl would wear a white dress, and then they got to tell them a little about how that had been something Samuel had a feeling they wouldn't have been allowed if Carmen and Antonia had been there.

Eventually, though, the others re-joined them, they came in carrying a tray with plates and spoons and a simple chocolate cake that looked pre-bought, which Samuel didn't mind, he got that Antonia was old and couldn't prepare too much food.

The old woman sat down in the armchair, Javier and María scooted a little closer to the kids to make room for Isabel, Carmen took the other armchair, Samuel suspected the only reason she bothered staying with them was so she could make sure nothing she disapproved of could happen in front of her daughters, and Marco came carrying a chair from the kitchen to sit down on, he also took it upon himself to start making slices for everyone.

When he got to Samuel and Roman Samuel quickly said, "I think we can share a piece," Then turned to roman, "right?" He knew his husband had had difficulty eating today due to his anxiety, and sharing food like a couple wouldn't make Carmen any happier but it would ease the pressure of having to finish to the whole slice if Roman didn't want to and it wasn't like Carmen could dislike them any more than she already did.

r o m a n
Roman found himself genuinely having a good time with his husband's extended family, or, well, the ones that seemed to like him. It served as a reminder to him both that Manuel was an extremity even in his own family, that his behaviour was not normal even by Ortega standards, and that not all religious people were bigots. This was refreshing for him to realise.

Soon, the older adults returned to the room and Roman immediately sat up a little straighter and fixed his posture, as if it would make a difference. He could be a doctor and have a Nobel prize in medicine and Carmen would still hate him. But with the approval and acceptance of Lucía, Andrea, Miguel, María and Javier, his endurance of the persecution was made a little more bearable.

He nodded in agreement with his husband when he suggested they share a piece of cake because honestly, he knew he wouldn't be able to finish a whole piece himself. He was grateful to his husband for sparing him, and discreetly squeezed his hand to show him that. Soon they had their cake and Roman took a little on his fork and put it in his mouth. It tasted nice but in his anxious state the chocolate was too rich and the cake was too dry.

But he ate it anyway, because he didn't want to be rude.

He didn't try to make any conversation because honestly he wasn't sure what to say. He figured that anything he said could and would be viewed in a negative light and honestly that wasn't surprising anymore. So, he settled for staying quiet unless he was addressed, because that way, he couldn't be accused of being rude and interjecting himself into someplace where he didn't belong.

The mood was back to being slightly strained for the duration of dessert. Samuel could easily tell the shift in his husband's behaviour as well and he hated that there where people there preventing him from being himself. Samuel finished most of their cake, he hadn't expected anything else, and honestly, in knowing Roman couldn't finish it he couldn't say his own appetite was a hundred percent there, but he was clearly dealing with this all better than his husband so he didn't mind.

It was a lot quieter than when it had been the younger generations only in the room, but there was still conversation being made. Mostly Antonia recollecting old family memories. Occasionally she'd mention how much Samuel looked like his father again. Samuel hated it, both because it made him scare of looking like him in the future and because it was very clear that Antonia Ortega missed her son.

Eventually though it got to a lull in the conversation and Samuel felt it was a good opportunity to excuse him and Roman. It had been somewhat nice to be there, at least to talk to his cousins, and to say hello to his grandmother, but he was itching to get out of there at that point, and if that was how Samuel felt he couldn't even begin to imagine how Roman felt.

"Well I think maybe it's time for us to get back to the hotel," Samuel suggested carefully. Marco translated for Antonia who frowned a little.

"Already" she asked in Spanish.

"Yeah we got up pretty early today" Samuel replied in the same language. They all knew they had nowhere to be but there was also no complaints about them making an excuse to leave.

"Yeah and Miguel has school tomorrow so he better get home and get to bed too,"

After helping with getting the dishes they all gathered in the hallway to see Samuel, Roman, Javier and Miguel off. Carmen was not there.

"Well it was nice getting to meet you Roman, I'm glad you came here," Marco said and his wife nodded. Samuel smiled at his uncle and aunt it was nice that they were trying more than Carmen and Filipe.

r o m a n
"Thank you, Marco," Roman said to Samuel's uncle with a genuinely grateful smile. Honestly, the experience had not been so bad. Most everyone, sans Carmen and Felipe, were willing to make an effort to accept him and that was more than he had expected before arriving. He knew that the evening probably would have gone down a lot better if he didn't have anxiety, but there was nothing he could do to change that so he knew there was no point in beating himself up about it.

Roman said goodbye to everyone else, even Antonia, whom he thanked for dinner and gave a cordial wave to. Then, it was time for them to leave, which Roman was genuinely glad about because as nice as it was that Samuel got to catch up with his relatives, he didn't want to feel anxious anymore.

In the car, Roman heavily leaned against Samuel because they were free from hateful eyes and he needed it. He took Samuel's closest hand in both of his own and held it tightly, closing his eyes and sighing. "Did you have a nice time today?" he asked.

After the goodbyes, some more stiff and strained than others it was quite a relief to be back in the car, with no other people than people who were accepted, to have his hands in Roman's without having to care what people thought and to see him back to his normal relaxed self.

He had to think a little about Roman's question though. The first half of the day, when they had been at María and Javier's had been good. But the second half had been full of worrying from both of them, but if he ignored Carmen and Felipe, if he ignored the fact that his grandmother would have preferred it if his father had been there instead of Roman he did think he had had a nice time, and honestly, he wouldn't have wanted roman to suffer through the evening for him not have at least enjoyed it a little.

"I did," he decided and pressed a kiss to Roman's cheek, "Thank you for coming with,"

After the ride back to the same parking lot they had been picked up from hey said goodbye to María, Javier and Miguel, the boy even hurried out of the car so he could give both of the hugs, and that just made Samuel wish he could visit at least parts of this side of his family more frequently. But he couldn't. At least María and Javier promised them they could call them up whenever during the remainder of their honeymoon and they promised to show them some nice places in Barcelona they liked.

When they finally were back in their hotel room Samuel made sure to give Roman a lot of little kisses and hugs and being very affectionate in general, both to compensate for the fact that they hadn't been able to be very affectionate at a time when they had needed it, and as silent thank yous for Roman exposing himself to anxiety all evening just so Samuel got a chance to see his family. He regretted allowing him to do that a little, but all in all, he didn't regret going to see his family and with that thought in mind he decided that that day had been as it could have been.

r o m a n
It was now the last night of their honeymoon.

They had spent the time between the visit to Antonia's and now having as much fun as possible, exploring Barcelona, picking up little trinkets for their friends and family and just having a genuinely good time. Roman was reluctant to leave the city, but at the same time, he was starting to feel a little homesick. He wanted to get back to their little apartment and their pets, and London and Evan and Allison and all their friends, and his job and Samuel's. He just generally wanted to start his life as a married man.

But they had one last night of their honeymoon left, and Roman was determined to spend it having fun.

"Come on, come on, come on, Samuel, you're taking longer than me!"
Roman whined. He was standing outside the bathroom door of their hotel suite, fully dressed, shouting over the sound of Samuel's shower in order to communicate with his husband. Tonight Roman wore black skinny jeans, a sparkly gold T-shirt and his plain black leather jacket, with black high tops. He had also done a full face of makeup, including foundation and everything, and had selected a pale gold highlighter and an intense gold eyeshadow, with a nude lipstick. All his piercings were black, sans his septum, which was gold.

In short, he looked great, but Samuel hadn't seen that yet because he hadn't gotten out of the shower.

"Well if someone hadn't been showering forever before me we wouldn't have had this problem," Samuel shouted out from the shower he was currently just wrapping up.

He turned off the water, and towel dried himself and his hair, which he could live with being damp, it would probably dry once they were outside anyways. He tried his best to put his clothes on quickly but took a moment to reflect on the fact that it was their last evening in Barcelona as he did.

Samuel was actually kind of looking forward to going home he felt like, while they of course were married at the moment, their life as married had yet to start until they were back home. And he was looking to doing all the things they always did, only knowing they were married while doing it.

Tonight though, Roman seemed to want to make the most of their last evening. Samuel had made sure to pick out an outfit he found a little more fun, switching up one of his usual plain T-shirts with a white polo shirt, which he wore with a pair of dark blue chinos and a pair of white socks with a red edge and little anchors on them.

He gave himself a look in the mirror before going out, his face look just about as it always did, clean shaved and his hair a bit of a mess, but nice enough to head out. So he opened the door and headed out to the main room, "also it took longer because I decided to be a nice husband and shave my legs because I know you like—"

He stopped himself when he saw Roman. His husband was always gorgeous but there was always something a little extra when he put more effort in. When he coordinated his piercings, makeup and outfit. When he made sure everything looked just perfect together. Samuel loves it. And he had always loved the way Roman looked when he combined his regular black aesthetic with cold.

"You look gorgeous," Samuel smiled, he walked over to him but didn't pull him down for a kiss just yet, "is it kiss proof?" He asked, the lipstick was a nude, Roman had taught him that word in regards to makeup, but it was still clearly there and if it wasn't Samuel would and up with it on his own lips, which would look silly.