[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
Roman dropped to his knees and held his arms out for Allison as she came running over to him. "Oh my goodness, Princess, I missed you so much!" he gushed, squishing the tiny girl in the tightest hug he could give her without actually hurting her. Whilst engaged in this hug he rose to his feet and peppered her face with kisses. They had only been gone a few weeks, but it had felt like much longer, and Roman had missed their little family.

"Did Malfoy get you? I'll have to give him an extra treat later," Roman teased Evan after bro-hugging him. He then turned to London, who looked as lovely as ever and Roman had missed the most. His twin, his best friend, his other half. He had talked to her every day on social media, but now they were reunited in real life and he couldn't have been happier.

"Hey, dork."

"Hey, loser."

The twins hugged, properly, not like the stupid half-assed embraces Evan was prone to giving out. Roman didn't let go of Allison while doing it, however, he simply shifted her so she sat on one hip, so he could hug his twin properly.

"Did you have the best honeymoon ever?" London asked her brother happily.

"Hell yeah, it was way better than your lame Hawaii honeymoon."

London rolled her eyes and pretended to slap her brother. "You hungry?"

"Yes. But please tell me you're not cooking."

"Nah, I'm going to force Evan to go to KFC."

"Good to see who wears the pants in the relationship."

"Yes but that was no secret," Evan joked, obviously not at all minding having London boss him around on occasion.

Once Roman was done with his hug to London and their typical sibling bickering Samuel moved on to give his sister-in-law a hug as well, because he had missed her a lot too. He couldn't hug Allison since Roman had claimed her, but he'd live for now.

At this point Lady was yipping excitedly by their feet so Samuel decided to give their daughter some attention and picked her up from the ground to give her a big hug while she covered his face in doggy kisses. He couldn't wait to get to say hello to their other pets as well so he leaned away from the dogs slobbery hellos and suggested, "let's go upstairs?"

And with that the little family unloaded the taxi, payed the driver and headed up to Samuel and Roman's apartment, since they lived so close to each other it would be a problem for the Johnsons to head overs to theirs in a bit meaning Samuel and Roman could get to go home and greet Lola and Malfoy and keep hanging out with the other part of their family.

Upstairs Samuel let Lady down and was immediately greeted by an adorable meowing white cat. He crouched down to greet him with some pets and ear scratches, "I missed you too," then Malfoy seemed to had had enough and headed over to rub himself along Roman's legs instead. Samuel accepted this and headed inside to just collapse on the couch. They could unpack later, for now he just wanted to enjoy being home, enjoy the way their apartment smelled familiar and how the couch was just the right amount of soft and held his favorite cushions and Lady loyally cuddled up next to him.

"Well since Samuel has decided to occupy like half of the available seats I might as well go get us some food," Evan half joked, "are you hungry or should I wait,"

"I'm fine mostly just tired," Samuel yawned with closed eyes, "dunno 'bout Roman though, he said he was hungry but that's like his default mood so you never know with him,"

r o m a n
"Yes, Samuel, everyone knows. I am very hungry." Roman leaned down to scoop up Malfoy with one hand while he continued to support Allison with the other. He then stopped, and looked around his and Samuel's little apartment.

Everything was perfect and just how he had left it, from the colour scheme to the furniture to their pets. Roman had missed it all, and now that he was back, he was filled with a warm sense of belonging and serenity. He couldn't wait for he and Samuel to jump into their own bed and wriggle under their own covers and sleep off the jetlag.

But for now, he simply made his way over to the couch, set Malfoy down on Samuel's stomach, moved his husband's legs off the piece of furniture and sat down in the empty space. He then transferred Allison onto his lap and gave her a kiss to the cheek, just because she was cute.

"Okay, we should probably get dinner now, then, it's almost six o'clock anyway," London said, reaching for her purse, which sat on the coffee table as she had brought it over for exactly this reason. She pulled out three twenty-dollar bills and pressed them into Evan's hand, and gave him a cute little kiss to the lips. "Get me some extra popcorn chicken?"

"Anything for you," Evan placed an extra kiss on his wife's head, then he headed over to Roman and Allison where he gave his daughter a little kiss on the cheek, "I'll be back soon, be nice to your uncles, they are tired," then he stood straight and pointed between Samuel and Roman, "Neither of you get kisses, that'd be gay and we can't have that,"

Samuel let out a tired but amused chuckle, "Wow, I'm disappointed, be a sweetheart and give my bunny before you leave to compensate" Samuel said as if it was Evan he had gotten married to a couple weeks prior. That idea was only outrageous because of how committed the adults in the room were to their partners. Looking back, he knew for a fact that his younger self had given Evan a look or two in the locker room. He'd refrain from telling him though, the only ego Samuel liked feeding was his husband's, because Roman was gorgeous and it was impossible not to tell him a million times a day.

Evan sighed and rolled his eyes but hurried over to locate Lola in her cage, while she was a free roaming bunny she still had the cage to reside it when needed. Evan placed the soft little creature om Samuel chest, above Malfoy, Samuel right away started petting her soft fur and she seemed to enjoy it, "I have acquired all the animals, I am very happy,"

Evan shook his head and laughed, gave them all a little wave and said, "I'll be right back, don't starve to death while I'm gone," and with that, he was out the door. Samuel took the moment to rest his eyes just for a moment and decided to keep them closed for a while, he could probably fall asleep at any moment but kept himself away by keeping on petting Lola and occasionally giving Malfoy on his tummy and Lady next to him.

"What did you do on your honeymoon?" Allison asked sweetly and curiously, she was such a sweet girl, Samuel loved their little niece a whole lot and he had missed her. Just like he had missed Evan and London and the apartment and everything. He had missed home and it was nice to be back.

"Mmm… We ate a lot of nice food, and we took some nice walks on the beach and visited some of my family, we had a lot of fun," Samuel told the little girl, keeping it kind of brief because he knew his husband would enjoy telling her more, out of the two of them he was the talker, after all.

r o m a n
"Bye, sweetie, hurry back," Roman called girlishly to Evan, and London laughed. They were all close enough to be able to joke about things like that, and Roman loved that about their little family. Though as much as he pretended to flirt with Evan, the only one for him was his beautiful husband, who was currently laying on the couch, covered in soft animals and looking like a Disney prince.

"Mhm, we also saw a lot of cool buildings, it was all very pretty in Spain," Roman said to his little niece, who was still seated on his lap. "And we also got you all souvenirs from Barcelona, but we'll give you those after dinner."

"You didn't need to get us anything," London chastised gently from the armchair upon which she was perched.

"Yes, we did, you got us that awesome coral snowglobe from Hawaii," Roman gently rebuked his twin. "Besides, we got Matthew and Elissa the gift of overwhelming jealousy so it was only fair to pick something up for you guys."

"Well, I want souvenirs!" Allison said excitedly, because while she was a very polite girl she was still a child and children tended to get excited about gifts.

They proceeded to tell Allison some more details about the things she wanted details of, like how they beach looked and what was the favourite things they ate during the whole trio. Upon talking about food Samuel realised that he also was fairly hungry, luckily though it didn't take Evan long to get their food and he was back before they had had a chance to get impatient.

"I demand all of yours' eternal gratitude because of this," Evan said firmly as he came through the door with a copious amount of KFC, which he placed on the kitchen table, "Alright, let's eat while it's warm," that fact that he had been a dad for his entire life as an adult really showed.

"I don't want to leave my couch or the children, I'm tired," Samuel whined, Malfoy was sleeping softly in his lap, Lola was as calm as she could be and Lady seemed content and happy, it was a perfect moment, he didn't have the heart to ruin it.

"stop complaining, you've been on vacation for weeks," Evan insisted and started to grab plates for all of them, Allison jumped out of Roman's lap and pulled her uncle with her to the table, grabbing her mums hand as well on the way, "Besides, the sooner you eat the sooner we leave you alone and you can sleep,"

"Fair point," Samuel admitted, so he sat, but kept Lola pressed to his chest with one hand and picked up Malfoy with the other before standing up and walking to the dinner table where he sat down, he placed Malfoy in his lap where he could continue resting and kept carrying Lola, Lady, while a small dog, was too big to carry with the others but she loyally followed him and laid down by his feet. Samuel had really missed their pets a lot.

r o m a n
Evan came back with dinner and Roman was suddenly ravenous. He dashed to the kitchen to get plates, then sat down beside his husband at the table. He first got Allison's dinner for her, then loaded his plate with four pieces of chicken, almost a whole box of chips, five nuggets, four Wicked Wings and a handful of popcorn chicken. London rolled her eyes but Roman ignored her as he shredded into his chicken with his teeth.

Soon everyone had a meal before them and they ate in silence for a while, because everyone was hungry and the food was delicious. Roman cast an affectionate gaze over at his husband every few minutes, just because he loved him and he could do whatever he wanted and no one was going to stop him.

"Samuel didn't let me have KFC in Spain," Roman complained to his sister with an adorable little pout.

"Naww, who could say no to that face?"

"I know, right? I'm so cute! How did he resist my pleading?"

"Or a better question, how are you not dead?" Evan laughed he had just like Roman gotten himself quite a huge plate of food, compared to Roman's plate it looked normal though. And any normal sized meal looked tiny next to Roman's. Samuel's meal was normal sized, as normal.

A bit into the meal he had given up on trying to hold Lola so he reluctantly let her down, but it did make eating a little easier, and he could always pet Malfoy a little, so it was fine.

"Look, he's twisting my words around, " Samuel defended his decision, "I told him we could have KFC like once if we didn't find something better, but we found something better because most restaurants are better than KFC,"

"I really like KFC," Allison defended her uncle's point of view.

"Yeah, but we have KFC here in Australia, so when you're in some new place it's more fun to try something new we don't have here at home," Samuel explained to Allison who nodded sweetly.

"Okay," she said, "If I ever go to Barcelona I'm not even going to look for a KFC,"

Samuel smiled triumphantly at his husband, he felt like everyone could agree that the one who got Allison on their side was the winner in any petty argument.

r o m a n
Roman completely ignored Allison's comment, which was usually the deciding factor on issues such like this, because he was staring at his husband with contempt in his eyes. Samuel had just said that most restaurants were better than KFC, and that was completely unacceptable.

"I'm sorry, I'm going to have to file for a divorce, you just dissed KFC," Roman said in a deadly serious tone.

"Roman, people are allowed to have different opinions," London said, with the air of an adult gently chastising a child.

"I can't be with someone who is so deeply morally corrupted," Roman countered darkly.

London rolled her eyes and turned to Evan. "He hasn't even been back five minutes and he's already being a drama queen."

"Hey, Allison, do you want to help me divorce your Uncle Samuel?" Roman asked the little girl, as if it was a fun and exciting activity.

"But you just got married!" Allison exclaimed adorably.

"Yes, Roman, we just got married," Samuel agreed with a slight laugh, "Wait with divorcing me until you get fed up with me leaving my dirty soccer clothes on the floor,"

"Samuel, you need to stop putting your dirty clothes on the floor," Evan said, he was a surprisingly organized person, sure his room had often been a little messy when Samuel came visiting growing up, but he had always tried to make sure not to ad work for his mother doing things like that, and now on later days since London was such a clean freak he seemed to have picked it up even further, it was interesting to see how couples affected each other without them even knowing and Samuel wondered briefly if he and Roman had taken after each other more than they maybe thought since they started dating all those years ago.

"You're not my mum," Samuel insisted, he was actually doing it a lot less since he and Roman started dating, and he wasn't even super messy himself, it was just that he sometimes forgot his soccer gear on the floor after jumping into the shower.

Then Allison seemed to have realised something, because she let out a little gasp, "If you get divorced you could have another wedding and it can be super pretty and fun just like last time!" Then she turned to roman with a determined expression, "I'll help if you get married again after,"

r o m a n
Both Roman and London chuckled and 'awwed' Allison's adorable realisation. She truly was too precious for this world. Roman wanted her to stay little and sweet for as long as she possibly could.

"Well, baby girl, unfortunately I love your uncle too much to divorce him,"
Roman said sweetly, throwing an affectionate gaze in Samuel's direction.

"And besides, no one can deal with your Uncle Roman being Bridezilla again."

And so, the family spent the meal catching up, joking around, teasing one another and just genuinely having a good time. It was exactly the same as before Samuel and Roman had gotten married, which only served to show how they had basically been a married couple before the actual ceremony. Roman loved catching up with his sister, brother-in-law and niece, but eventually it got late, and the Johnsons had to go back to their own apartment.

"See you tomorrow," Roman said to London, giving her a hug. He was still holding Allison, of course, and he turned to Evan. "Bye, Evan, I'm keeping your daughter forever, you can have visitation rights every second weekend."

Dinner was just as fun and nice as it always were when they were all together, possibly even a little nicer since everyone had a lot to tell each other since they hadn't seen each other in a while. Samuel didn't complain much when it came to the point when it was time to say goodbye though, because he was really getting to be very tired.

"I don't think so, mate," Evan chuckled grabbed his daughter and started carrying her, forcing Roman to let go, "and I shall make my leave before you try to steal her again,"

Samuel just laughed a little, "You can keep Allison, we want to sleep anyway, goodbye, thanks for coming over and hanging out with us," And then with a cute little goodbye for Allison, the Johnsons left the Hemlock-Ortegas' apartment. After that Samuel practically dragged Roman to their bed that he had missed so much, shredded his clothes and pulled his husband with him.

"I have never been so tired in my life," He said, as he cuddled up to next to the love of his life, Lady joined then shortly, curling up by their feet, "I love you," he added. And it did not take them long to fall asleep at all.

About a week later they found out Roman really had baby senses as they got a call, from Brooklyn saying they were on their way to the hospital because Chelsea was having her baby. And of course, that meant Samuel and Roman had to drop everything and be there as fast as possible so that Roman could be there as much as possible.

Samuel decided to drive, because he seriously doubted Roman would keep the speed limit, he felt relatively calm, it wasn't like they were in a hurry, birth took a long time and Brooklyn had called them pretty early on, London and Evan had been informed too but needed to pick up Allison at dance practice before getting to the hospital, otherwise they would have probably carpooled. It was important that Allison didn't miss this though, it was her little cousin after all, finally another kid in the family.

As they approached a red light just a little bit in front of the hospital Samuel quickly said, "I'm not running the red light, we'll be there in like a minute anyway, do you think Brooklyn will call and tell us where he is or do we have to try to find them by ourselves?"

r o m a n
"Oh my God, Samuel, what the fuck, why did you stop, traffic laws are bullshit anyway," Roman whine in an almost unintelligible stream of word vomit. He was talking so fast he could hardly understand himself, but that didn't matter because Chelsea was having her baby.

Roman was literally sitting on the edge of his seat, his long legs cramped into the leg space beneath the glovebox but he was bouncing both knees out of agitation anyway. He was also relentlessly tapping his hands on the dashboard and clicking his tongue when he wasn't talking. He was excited, and nervous, and ecstatic and hyperactive all at the same time. "If you don't move in three seconds I am going to stunt roll out of this car and into the moving traffic."

Luckily, the light went green and Roman didn't have to perform any dangerous stunts. "Brooklyn texted me the room number so we can just run right there."

Which Roman did. Once they had parked he grabbed his husband's hand and literally dragged him through the hospital as he half-ran to the maternity ward. They found Chelsea's room without difficulty. Inside, Chelsea was pacing back and forth, her hands on her swollen belly as she took deep, deep breaths. Brooklyn was sitting on the end of her bed, watching her with wide and worried eyes because he clearly had no idea what to do. He looked up when Roman and Samuel entered and sighed with relief.

"Thank God you're here,"
he said breathlessly. "I've never been this stressed in my entire life."

"Brooks, you being stressed makes me more stressed," Chelsea said irritably, before squeaking as she felt another contraction come along.

"Sorry," Brooklyn immediately said. He reached over and took her hand. "How are you feeling?"

"How do you THINK I am feeling?"

"Sorry!"

Samuel let himself get dragged along all the way the maternity ward, Roman was surprisingly fast even if he clearly wasn't running as fast as he could, which was good in case he fell, it was probably due to his long legs. The got to the maternity ward and Chelsea's room without running into someone, thankfully, Samuel had honestly been worried Roman would have been too excited to even see other people.

They came into the room and Samuel was pretty sure he had never seen Chelsea that irritated and Brooklyn so unsure. There was something just a little comical about seeing confident Brooklyn who always acted like he knew what he was doing so completely lost with sweet and kind Chelsea snapping at him.

Samuel briefly wondered what they were doing there so early, but he supposed that Brooklyn being a little relieved meant it was a good thing and maybe the two soon-to-be-parents could calm down a little when there weren't just the two of them, stressing each other, in the room. He squeezed Roman's hand a little as if to say that it actually was good he had hurried there.

"Chelsea, shouldn't you be laying down?" it was obviously hours until the baby would be born, but it still seemed like laying down and relaxing was better than pacing around due to stress. Obviously, Samuel knew nothing about childbirth, though, so he didn't know what he was talking about.

r o m a n
Chelsea only had time to glare at Samuel before Roman stepped in. "Pacing helps with the contractions," he explained to his husband, kissing him on the side of the head before letting go of his hand and striding over to Chelsea. He offered the small woman both of his hands, which she took, and then began to lead her around the room, carefully timing out their strides as if they were dancing.

"One two three ... one two three ..." He had her concentrating on making sure that their steps were synchronised, and thus distracted her from the pain of her contractions. Brooklyn watched them with an unreadable expression on his face, not that Roman was paying attention to it at all. He was implementing all the knowledge he knew of labour, stored in his mind from the studying he had done the months prior to Allison's birth, to ensure that Chelsea was as comfortable as he could make her.

"Are your parents coming?" Roman asked the pregnant woman as they continued to pace.

"No, they retired to Las Vegas," Chelsea explained, her voice still rather weak, but she didn't seem to be in as much pain as she had been in before Roman had started to distract her.

After a little while, a midwife came in and lead Chelsea into the bathroom to get changed into a gown. As soon as she was gone, Brooklyn turned to Roman. "I'm glad you're here," he said to his brother almost desperately. "I have no idea what I'm doing and ... you were there when Allison was born, and I wasn't, because I was a cunt. So you have experience, and I don't." Brooklyn's jaw flexed and he seemed ashamed of himself.

"Hey ... you're here now, and you're about to become a dad," Roman encouraged, gently whacking Brooklyn's shoulder. "That's all that matters, right?"

Brooklyn gave a small smile. "Right."

Samuel smiled softly as Roman grabbed Chelsea and started to waltz her around the room to distract her. This was obviously not the kind of thing Samuel got jealous over, had it been a beautiful stranger Roman danced with no motivation at all, then yes, he would, but this was clearly very different, and Samuel just loved seeing Roman being able to help. Plus, he preferred this over Chelsea being mad at him for not knowing pacing helped with the contractions.

Samuel opted to stand quietly alongside Brooklyn and watch until Chelsea was escorted away for a moment. He was never really sure what to feel about Brooklyn, he had changed a lot obviously, he seemed like he was becoming a good guy and with how worried he was now Samuel had no doubts in his mind that the man would be a good father. But still, it was hard to forgive him for what he had done to Roman and London. He was showing remorse, obviously, but Samuel couldn't completely ignore it. He could ignore it enough not to show it though, and to have normal conversations around him and all that, he just wouldn't want to be left alone in a room with him for an extended period of time, which had never happened.

And honestly, no matter what Samuel was happy for Brooklyn and Chelsea and wished only the best for them.

"I'm sure London and Evan will be here soon," Samuel added after letting a moment or so pass so that Roman's words could really sink in for Brooklyn, because those words had been true, "And they'll be able to tell you how to help her even more than Roman,"

And almost as if on cue the little family of three appeared by the door only a moment later, "Sorry we came as fast as we could, Allison was at dance," Evan said, he was carrying Allison who was wearing full dance get up and her hair in a bun on one arm and holding his wife's hand in his other.

"Where is auntie Chelsie?!" Allison asked excitedly, and a little loudly, Samuel didn't blame her for that, she was probably riled up after hurrying there with her parents.

r o m a n
"Right here, sweetie," Chelsea said, coming back into the room whilst being aided by the midwife. She now wore a thin hospital gown, with the back laced up, her swollen stomach prominent. Her hair was in a messy bun and she looked tired, but also flushed and excited, and Brooklyn gazed at her as if she was the most beautiful creature on the planet.

London took Allison and walked with her to Chelsea. "You're going to have a little baby cousin soon," she said excitedly to the little girl, bouncing her slightly on her hip before looking at Chelsea. "How long have you been in labour for?"

"A few hours? Three? How long is it meant to last for?"

"It varies. I had six or so hours with this one but my friend from dance had twenty three with her first." Chelsea paled and London's face was fleetingly filled with panic. "But I'm sure you won't take that long --"

"The doctor will check how dilated you are when they show up, Chels, it'll be fine and we'll be here every step of the way,"
Roman interjected and both his siblings shot him a thankful look.

London turned to Evan and handed Allison back to her father. "When she starts pushing you should take Allison out for dinner," she murmured to her husband. They all knew that only a few people would be allowed in the delivery room while Chelsea was giving birth and that was going to be the three Hemlock kids without question.

While London's voice had been quiet Allison heard and responed slightly less quiet, but not s loud she had been when they arrived as she seemed to have realized her aunt needed some peace and because there was no reason for them to stress anymore, "But then the baby will get born without us!" she said, Samuel didn't think she quite knew how intense childbirth was, she was only a child after all, but everyone probably agreed that it was best if Allison was not running around, and that the hemlock twins could be there since they were the closest related family.

"Yeah but you can't be too many people in the room, sweetie," Evan explained to his daughter and gave her a little kiss on the cheek, which Allison received a little reluctantly.

Before she had a chance to complain about that, which Samuel honestly doubted she would do because she tended to be quite understanding and mature for her age, "Yeah, and I'll be coming with you two for dinner too, so then the three of us get to have some fun,"

"Alright," Allison said, she sounded disappointed but also accepting of the situation.

"and maybe we can help out by picking up some food for the others, yeah?" Added and Allison's little face instantly shone up at the idea of actually being of use for the rest of the people in the room. Even if food would be the last thing on Chelsea's mind the rest of them would probably be needing something to eat. But nothing of this was obviously happening for a while and all they could do now was wait for the doctor and eventually for half of the people in the room to be directed out of there.

r o m a n
In not too long at all, the doctor arrived, and most people were sent out of the room so Chelsea could be checked out. It was then announced that she was almost fully dilated, and so everyone who Chelsea didn't need in the room was kicked out so they could prepare her for pushing.

The labour lasted a solid nine hours. Roman, Brooklyn and London remained in the room the whole time, Brooklyn and London steadily holding one of Chelsea's hands each while Roman stayed near her and basically took over the role of the lead midwife. Chelsea cried and grunted and even screamed every now and then but Roman thought no less of her -- he had nothing but respect for this amazing woman, this mother, who was incredible like most other people to go through childbirth.

At two a.m. on that night, a small cry filled the room and everyone looked up in wonder as a small, wriggling, whimpering creature was lifted from their mother. Chelsea immediately held her arms out and Roman and London took a couple of steps back from the bed to give the new parents some space. Chelsea was crying heavily as the naked baby was placed on a towel on her chest, just as Allison had been placed on London all those years ago.

"Congratulations, you have a healthy baby girl."

Brooklyn seemed to be completely at a loss for words. He sat on a chair beside Chelsea's bed and stared at their child with complete adoration and wonder in his eyes, as if he had no idea how such a perfect creature had come into existence. He reached over very gently, as if he was afraid he was going to break the infant, and stroked his daughter's cheek with the back of his finger. Then he let out a tiny sob and kissed Chelsea on the cheek.

"I love you," he whispered to her. "I love the both of you."

London offered to help Chelsea clean up, even though the new mother was reluctant to leave her child. Brooklyn and Roman promised that the baby would be in good hands, and so she conceded, leaving her daughter with her partner and her almost brother-in-law. Brooklyn gently washed his daughter free of blood and fluids, then dressed her in a diaper and a onesie and a cap and a soft white blanket. Roman lingered and watched but did not try to take over, because he knew this was important to Brooklyn and therefore didn't want to ruin it for him.

"You can go get everyone else, if you like," Brooklyn said to his brother, very gently, as he went to sit with his child in his arms. He was completely besotted by her.

"Okay." So, Roman went out into the hall, where he shook anyone who was sleeping awake, besides Allison who needed her rest. "You can come in and see everyone now," he whispered to them.

During the duration of the birth Samuel, Allison and Evan had time to go eat dinner, come back, sit there for a while and then go out for a snack again, by the time the baby was actually born it was late and Allison was snoozing quietly against her dad and her dad was snoring softly with an arm around her. Samuel was awake because he didn't like sleeping in chairs, or in public, in case he got nightmares.

But he was barely awake so when Roman came to wake them he had to take a moment to realize what was happening. Then they could collectively wake Evan. When he too was awake Evan carefully moved away from his daughter and made sure she was still sleeping, she would surely be a little disappointed she didn't get to see the baby right away, but she wouldn't notice the difference and she'd get to see her little baby cousin after she had gotten a proper night of sleep. She was a growing girl, and it had been a long and exciting day, she needed it.

The two men followed Roman into the quiet room where Brooklyn was sitting with his baby, Chelsea and London were off elsewhere temporarily. Samuel remembered the corresponding moment with Allison vividly, because back then Evan had gone to help London and Samul had come in to see Roman holding the little baby.

This wasn't as powerful of a moment as that, but it was still really beautiful and in that moment any doubt Samuel had about Brooklyn just melted away, temporarily, but he didn't have the heart to feel suspicious of the teary-eyed father in that moment.

"They're beautiful," Evan said softly with a smile, but didn't come to close. Samuel opted to not overcrowd the father and the baby either and simply stood with Roman, taking his husband's hand, because it was a beautiful moment to witness with someone.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Samuel asked equally quiet, he was curious, and while he wasn't as excited as his husband had been he was too. He loved children, even if the actual birth of them freaked him out, he was happy to be there so he could join in right after.