• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sunshine & Whiskey

embed.php

tumblr_ljgsscLLul1qgb7tk.jpg

This Is The New Year - A Great Big World

In Character Info;
St. Mary's Academy is an elite boarding school located on the shores of Virginia Beach. The prestigious institute has guided several students through its halls throughout the years it's been open and has earned a reputation as one of the highest quality and highest caliber schools in the country. With admissions closing enrollment at 160 students with at least 40 per grade, each student is selected for what they individually have to offer to the St. Mary's community.

There are many scholars, musicians, performers, artists, designers, and politicians roaming the halls and many of the students look forward to a bright and successful future. But many come from broken families and shattered homes and harbor these dark secrets during their time at St. Mary's. This is a school made up by its students. While each student navigates the classes, assemblies and school breaks during the 2016-2017 academic year, each experience is undoubtedly different. But once a St. Mary's Knight, always a Knight, no matter how your story unfolds.

Only, this year, each student's success seems coupled with trouble. With non-stop parties, blatant rule breaking, and a sudden disrespect for faculty and staff, the school board has made vague threats to close the school down for good. Nearby police have frequented the school for a recent unsolved student death on campus and several party complaints and Headmaster Stone knows that the school board and the town will be keeping a close watch on the academy. He'll do his best to control the students, but the fate of the school lies in their hands.

Lies, betrayal, hurt, and fear; it all comes to play here. Lines will be crossed, friendships will be ruined. Hookups, breakups, makeups and more, it's all a part of the high school experience. There's more behind this prim and proper school than meets the eye. Are you ready to come see for yourself what's in store? Some of the students are harmless and just want to make it through high school unharmed while others have deeper secrets and darker pasts.

St. Mary's Academy is an elite and private high school and is home to the St. Mary's Knights, the three time state champion football team and their equally accomplished cheer squad. Recent successes have caused the school's athletic department and clubs grow and it has just been named one of the top ten schools in the country. Here, students have a chance to live a life full of challenges, think critically, and act responsibly in a global society. We expect only the best from our students, and welcome all of our students to the 2016-2017 Academic Year.

Are you ready for St. Mary's?
Out Of Character Info;
Hello, everyone! Welcome to the roleplay! For the people that expressed interest but may not actually join, thanks for taking a gander at this thread and considering it, anyway. For the people that expressed interest and is intending on making a character or characters for this, a special thanks goes to you. This roleplay is a realistic, school based roleplay, which means that our characters will be pure human. No special abilities or anything of the Supernatural. This roleplay will be mostly character driven than plot driven as whatever choices, responses, actions and reactions your character has will direct the roleplay, along with your own character. We will be starting the roleplay with the first week of school and it'll be a day before the first weekend.

Character Sheet;
To make my heart happy, add detail and color to your sheet. Coding does not guarantee acceptance!

Code:
[center][IMG]IMG or GIF[/IMG]
[color=#hexcode]"[i]Character Quote[/i]"[/color]

Name:
First. Middle. Last. Middle name is not optional.

Nickname:
Not optional. Think of something!

Birth Date:
This takes place in 2016, be mindful of that.

Not everyone make a female. I have the right to reject if there is an excessive amount of females.
Male or Female.

Sexuality:
Homo? Pan? Bi? Hetero?

Relationship Status:
Single? It's Complicated?

Classification:
Freshmen? Senior? What?

Not everyone make an A Lister! Please and thank you!
A Listers would be the Queen Bee, King Bee and their little Royals along with Preps and Jocks.
B Listers include Geeks and Nerds along with the Virtuosos and Thespians so basically all of the musical, video gaming and Know-It-All's.
C Listers include the Freshmen, Emo, Goth and anyone else that doesn't fall into the A or B List.

In Depth Appearance:
At least one descriptive paragraph detailing your character's appearance. Include clothing style and whether or not if they have any scars, piercings or tattoos.

Dislikes:
At least five.

Habits:
At least three.

Hobbies:
At least two.

Fears:
Doesn't necessarily have to be a phobia. At least two.

Personality Traits:
List the good, bad and downright ugly.

Personality:
At least one to two detailed paragraphs. They must at least three flaws! No one is perfect!

Place of Origin:
Where were they born?

History:
At least three paragraphs detailing their lives up until the point they are at now.

Rules;
  • All Iwaku rules apply, of course.
  • Let's try and keep the gender ratio even. Meaning, not a lot of females since there are some males in this world. PG-13 rating here, folks.
  • Let's have fun with this story, guys. We're all here for the same exact reason so let's please have fun and not take anything serious.
  • Respect is very important here. So, let's please respect each other as we're all adults here and not babies. Let's act like it. Respect my rules, roleplay and decisions, too, please. Respect other people's characters, as well.
  • I, Sunshine & Whiskey, am the GM of the so my word law and I have final say so on all matters.
  • Make your character realistic. Humans have flaws! Let's remember that but if you think any different then this roleplay might not be for you.
  • Absolutely no one liners. Please be at an intermediate or advanced writing level. Please be able to post at least two and half paragraphs of non-dialogue. More is preferred and encouraged, as well. I expect a post at least two times a week, please. If you're going to be gone for an extended period of time, please let us know so we can find a way to write your character out of the story. If you need to drop, please let us know that, as well.
  • Be committed and active! I cannot stress this enough. Yes, we all have lives and I get that but don't join if you're only going to post one or two times then just disappear. It isn't fair to me or the other writers.
  • Do not! I repeat, Do Not GodMod, Autohit, Powerplay or Metagame your own characters or someone else's character. You'll get two warnings but third time, you're kicked from the roleplay.
  • To prove that you have read the rules, in the extra section of your sheet, put your favorite activity, please.
[/hr]

FC: Aja Naomi King
Role: A-Lister, Queen Bee

FC: Darren Criss
Role: B-Lister, Thespian

Also, if you have any questions, please make sure you tag me so I can get to it immediately.

Please tag me whenever you finish your character, as well!

Can I get King Bee, A Thespian and a Freshman.. I don't know if in the rules it said how many chars you can have.

Reactions: Sunshine & Whiskey
Can I get King Bee, A Thespian and a Freshman.. I don't know if in the rules it said how many chars you can have.
Yes, you may! And you can have as many characters as you can handle. But three seems to be enough. LOL.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Yes, you may! And you can have as many characters as you can handle. But three seems to be enough. LOL.
Cool. Getting fcs now. Yeah Three is my limit. I tend to play multiple characters but three is the limit XD

• Love
shinao33.jpg
"Honesty will get you further in life then lies ever will."

Name:
Shinoa Amaterasu Hasegawa

Nickname:
Shi-Shi, Noah

Birth Date:
December 25th, 2001

Sexuality:
Heterosexual

Relationship Status:
Single (For Now)

Classification:
Sophomore

C

In Depth Appearance:
Shinoa is of Japanese Descent, retaining Copper Brown Eyes and Natural Black Hair. Her skin is much paler then the average Asian-American. Shinoa has dyed Shoulder Length Lavender Hair with Side Braids, which she keeps pinned up at the back with a large purple bow which she is almost never seen without. She stands Four Feet, Eleven Inches tall and weighs roughly ninety-four point seven pounds, but is able to maintain a lean but athletic build.

She has five tattoos which are often hidden because she wears mostly long sleeves. In Clothing, she likes to dress formally and prefers to wear a School Uniform which is normally seen in her Ancestral Homeland of Japan. Her Outfit, which is based off of a Formal Military Uniform, consists of a Long-Sleeved Black Coat with a Standing Collar which has a Magenta Bow Tie around it. The Coat has two rows of Gold Buttons on the front, Light Green details including the Shoulder Epaulettes, which has a Fourragère passing under and around her right side. Along with it, she wears a Pair of White Gloves, an Armband on her left arm, and a White Web Belt with a Gold waist-plate. She also wears a Black skirt, Dark Gray Thigh-high Socks and Knee-High Black Boots.

Fast Cars
Videogames
Sleeping
Loud Engines and Exhausts
Car Tuning
Romance Movies (Her Favorite is Dear John)

Dislikes:
Hybrid Cars
Smell of Cigarettes (Although she has learned to ignore it)
Vaping
Politics

Habits:
If she's about to cry, she will run away
Starts acting feminine when a handsome guy is near her
When depressed, she's more likely to space out

Hobbies:
+Archery
+Mountain Climbing
+Basketball
+Mixed Martial Arts
+Boxing

Fears:
Not being accepted
Dying alone

Personality Traits:
Kind
Patient
Respectful (Only if it is earned)

Calm
Cries Easily
Overly Sarcastic

Personality:
Once you get to know her, Shinoa is a Kind, Loving, Gentle and very Patient person to others around her. This stems from her past as being the ignored and unwanted child in her family, as she was the youngest and was pretty much the only girl in her Family following the deaths of her Mother and Older Sister. After that, no one in her Family really paid attention to her, her accomplishments or anything. If she was close to anyone, it would be her Adoptive Brother, but even then they weren't even that close.

However, if you get on her bad side, Shinoa has a hot temper and will often give off sarcastic remarks, comments or answers in response to what she deems idiocy or stupidity. When she loses her temper, she will often say things she doesn't mean and will often start yelling, cursing and will often refuse to hold back until she lets it all out.

In romance, she is very shy around guys that she finds cute, handsome, hot or whatever the case may be. As a result, she has trouble even trying to start a conversation and is easily flustered. When she sees someone that she likes with someone else, Shinoa doesn't take it very lightly and falls into a brief state of depression, where she will just lose interest in her usual hobbies, often distracting herself through other means. Depending on how much she likes that special someone, determines the length of her depression period.

Place of Origin:
Los Angeles, CA, USA

History:
Early Life
Shinoa Amaterasu Hasegawa was born and raised in Los Angeles the youngest of four siblings, one of whom is adopted. She has one older Half-Brother who was from a previous marriage and one Older Sister. When Shinoa was ten-years-old, her Father, Takashi, retired from Soldiering as a US Army SF Operative in order focus on his Family. However, Shinoa was the 'ignored and unwanted' child in her Family, even more so then her Adopted Brother Shinya, who is also the only one in the entire family to even look at her besides her beloved Mother and Older Sister.

Teenage Years
Starting in her Teenage years, Shinoa began to fall into the early stages of depression following her Mother's diagnosis with Terminal Cancer and her Sister's Diagnosis with AIDS. Following both of the diagnosis, most of Shinoa's free time would be spent at the Hospital and Doctors' Appointments, as she wanted to spend time with her dying sibling and parent respectively. Coping with the matter proved extremely difficult and Shinoa would be spending almost every night crying herself to sleep. Six months following the diagnosis, her Mother passed away only days before she was to graduate Junior High School.

Instead of sending her to Public School, her Father would send her to Saint Mary's so that he wouldn't have to put up with her. During Freshman year, Shinoa felt out of place, not fitting in with any of the groups and had a great deal of trouble making friends. As a result, Shinoa often kept to herself and the only times she really had social interaction were during group classwork or extracurricular activities and sports. During the summer of Freshman year, her Sister would pass away due to complications with AIDS, a year after her Mother. After her Mother died, her Father disregarded her completely and both of her Brothers have left the house for Military Service. Being ignored by her Father, Shinoa was left to her own devices during the summer.

Other:
In her Freetime, she enjoys playing Videogames
The only time her Father interacts with her is when he is giving her money​

Last edited:
  • Love
View attachment 121547
"Honesty will get you further in life then lies ever will."

Name:
Shinoa Amaterasu Hasegawa

Nickname:
Shi-Shi, Noah

Birth Date:
December 25th, 2001

Sexuality:
Heterosexual

Relationship Status:
Single (For Now)

Classification:
Sophomore

C

In Depth Appearance:
Shinoa is of Japanese Descent, retaining Copper Brown Eyes and Natural Black Hair. Her skin is much paler then the average Asian-American. Shinoa has dyed Shoulder Length Lavender Hair with Side Braids, which she keeps pinned up at the back with a large purple bow which she is almost never seen without. She stands Four Feet, Eleven Inches tall and weighs roughly ninety-four point seven pounds, but is able to maintain a lean but athletic build.

She has five tattoos which are often hidden because she wears mostly long sleeves. In Clothing, she likes to dress formally and prefers to wear a School Uniform which is normally seen in her Ancestral Homeland of Japan. Her Outfit, which is based off of a Formal Military Uniform, consists of a Long-Sleeved Black Coat with a Standing Collar which has a Magenta Bow Tie around it. The Coat has two rows of Gold Buttons on the front, Light Green details including the Shoulder Epaulettes, which has a Fourragère passing under and around her right side. Along with it, she wears a Pair of White Gloves, an Armband on her left arm, and a White Web Belt with a Gold waist-plate. She also wears a Black skirt, Dark Gray Thigh-high Socks and Knee-High Black Boots.

Fast Cars
Videogames
Sleeping
Loud Engines and Exhausts
Car Tuning
Romance Movies (Her Favorite is Dear John)

Dislikes:
Hybrid Cars
Smell of Cigarettes (Although she has learned to ignore it)
Vaping
Politics

Habits:
If she's about to cry, she will run away
Starts acting feminine when a handsome guy is near her
When depressed, she's more likely to space out

Hobbies:
+Archery
+Mountain Climbing
+Basketball
+Mixed Martial Arts
+Boxing

Fears:
Not being accepted
Dying alone

Personality Traits:
Kind
Patient
Respectful (Only if it is earned)

Calm
Cries Easily
Overly Sarcastic

Personality:
Once you get to know her, Shinoa is a Kind, Loving, Gentle and very Patient person to others around her. This stems from her past as being the ignored and unwanted child in her family, as she was the youngest and was pretty much the only girl in her Family following the deaths of her Mother and Older Sister. After that, no one in her Family really paid attention to her, her accomplishments or anything. If she was closed to anyone, it would be her Adoptive Brother, but even then they weren't even that close.

However, if you get on her bad side, Shinoa has a hot temper and will often give off sarcastic remarks, comments or answers in response to what she deems idiocy or stupidity. When she loses her temper, she will often say things she doesn't mean and will often start yelling, cursing and will often refuse to hold back until she lets it all out.

In romance, she is very shy around guys that she finds cute, handsome, hot or whatever the case may be. As a result, she has trouble even trying to start a conversation and is easily flustered. When she sees someone that she likes with someone else, Shinoa doesn't take it very lightly and falls into a brief state of depression, where she will just lose interest in her usual hobbies, often distracting herself through other means. Depending on how much she likes that special someone, determines the length of her depression period.

Place of Origin:
Los Angeles, CA, USA

History:
Shinoa Amaterasu Hasegawa was born and raised in Los Angeles the youngest of four siblings, one of whom is adopted. She has one older Half-Brother, who was a Previous Marriage and one Older Sister. When Shinoa was ten-years-old, her Father, Takashi, retired from Soldiering as a US Army SF Operative in order focus on his Family. Shinoa was pretty much the 'ignored and unwanted' child in her Family, even more so then her Adopted Brother Shinya, who is also the only one in the entire family to even look at her. Shinoa was even disliked by Seishiro, her Older Half-Brother. Shinoa fell into the earlier stages of depression when her Mother was diagnosed with Terminal Cancer and died exactly a month after the diagnosis. Two years later, Mahiru died after a long and hard battle with AIDS. Left with only her Father and Brothers, Shinoa had never been in a darker place. Despite getting to learn how to fight, shoot and have access to a higher education, her Father still didn't really accept her and neither did Seishiro. Both Brothers followed in their Father's Footsteps and joined the Army straight out of High School. Meanwhile, so that he doesn't have to put up with her, her Father sent her to Boarding School, now only having to put up with her during the summers.​
Is this a WIP? If not, I wanted the History section to be 3+ Paragraphs. Choose a medium light color, please. I can barely read the quote.

Is this a WIP? If not, I wanted the History section to be 3+ Paragraphs. Choose a medium light color, please. I can barely read the quote.
Yeah, its a work in progress, I'll have the next two paragraphs up sometime tomorrow or Saturday

Can I get one boy and one girl? Also do you mind them being twins? The girl will be a C-lister and the boy a A-list Jock

Last edited:
Oh, can I have a B lister female and C lister Male? I might make another male too, A lister.

Last edited:
Can I get a A-List Female/School Princess/Golden Girl kind of role since I see Queen is taken?

I'll also do a male and do him as the resident school bad boy/bad ass.^^

Jock female captain of Softball team and Volleyball team please A-list senior
WIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIPWIP​
d8a5901ee926152ac82b6e61f73e63c9.jpg

"Life gives you what ever you put into it."

Name:
Elizabeth Harleen Quinn
Nickname:
Lizzy, Liza, Harley Q
Birth Date:
June 5, 1997
Sexuality:
Bisexual
Relationship Status:
Single(OPEN)
Classification:
Senior
A
In Depth Appearance:
Eliza is a young woman who stands at five feet six inches tall. She has dark brown hair that reaches the middle of her shoulder blades and it has a slight curl to it. She prefers to have her hair up in a pony-tail or bun due to her sports involvement.Eliza has an athletic body type with well placed curves. She likes to describe her personal style as trendy but practical. She prefers wearing jeans to skirts but a pretty blouse shirt to make up not being all that into skirts.
Softball
Sweets
Eating Healthy
Cats
Practicing

Dislikes:

Habits:

Hobbies:

Fears:

Personality Traits:

Personality:

Place of Origin:
Winchester, Virginia

History:

Kristen-Stewart-Black-Hair-Dress-HD-Wallpapers-in-HD.jpg

Last edited:
Can I get one boy and one girl? Also do you mind them being twins? The girl will be a C-lister and the boy a A-list Jock
Having them be twins is no problem at all. I love twins! ;) And because I am one in real life or anything. LOL.

Oh, can I have a B lister female and C lister Male? I might make another male too, A lister.
Sure, no problem. :) And as long as you can handle three characters, shoot for that the third one! :)

Requesting an A-list girl.
Okay, no problem.
Can I get a A-List Female/School Princess/Golden Girl kind of role since I see Queen is taken?

I'll also do a male and do him as the resident school bad boy/bad ass.^^
Well, of course I was going to play the Queen Bee. LOL. But sure. Cannot wait to see your characters.

Jock female captain of Softball team and Volleyball team please A-list senior
Alrighty. :)

Cannot wait to see everyone's character, too.

• Thank You
Reactions: QUEENIE
Having them be twins is no problem at all. I love twins! ;) And because I am one in real life or anything. LOL.

Sure, no problem. :) And as long as you can handle three characters, shoot for that the third one! :)

Okay, no problem.

Well, of course I was going to play the Queen Bee. LOL. But sure. Cannot wait to see your characters.

Alrighty. :)

Cannot wait to see everyone's character, too.
Where's the cast list thingy?

RESERVED FOR MY TWINS!
giphy.gif

Face claim: Max Irons, Junior, A-List Jock

tumblr_m9b95a3h0u1r7dslf.gif

Face Claim: Ashley Benson, Junior, B-list Artist (I changed her if you don't mind, I got a better idea for my girl) though she does dress more gothic so she is C-list in that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.