Rude Awakening [-Black Feather- and Ryeniumine]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Ryen yelped as another earthquake hit, which caused everyone in the room to stumble and wobble. She then saw Xeron jumped and took the advantage of the situation by escaping the castle. Almost every guard in the room were alerted of his escape which caused the black knight to order them to go after him.

Then a few guards ran up and held Ryen and Xyrea, preventing them from escaping as well. "You're not going anywhere." One of the knights said.

Then, the earthquake stopped as everyone in the room recovered from the shaking.

"Well, this has taken a new turn of events." King Archaios said, as he fixed his crown.

The doors opened and the Lioness ran in with her guards and exclaimed,

"My King! Are you unharmed?" She asked, worried as she immediately removed her helm.

"More than ever. One of the prisoners escaped though, that is. I suggest finding him since the task I'll be giving to these adventurers is... quite difficult." He motioned the guards holding the prisoners to come forward.

"I'm sure you both know what situation is arising. And you see..." the King motioned one of his scholars. One of them stood up from the table and bowed as they gave the King three scrolls, then sat down again.

"My subjects have been searching for the best adventurers, warriors, and battlemages in such a short amount of time... which is proven quite ineffective since as of now, only 17 comrades were found and up to the task. But what I am saying is..." the King looked dead in the eye at Xyrea and Ryen.

"You both and your friend will join in defeating Vrachos."

Ryen gawked at the King. Defeating an Ancient is almost suicide! She looked at everyone in the room. Most of them are strong and stone-faced, but beneath that façade is a quivering man who'd do anything to go back home and be with his family. Though some are willing to fight, not many are willing to be sacrificed.

"While you three were passed out, one of my mages examined the cause of the incident brought by magic, nearby the Guild Hall. It caused casualties to several townsfolk and buildings. And that alone serves one of my mages a right to study you three." He held up a scroll and read it.

"And as far as I can tell, you've proven to be quite strong in both magic and combat sense. Let's see here... Xyrea Aventail? Descendant. Your elements are... diverse. Background history? I rather not say. You have put quite a bounty on your head, Xyrea." He put down the scroll, and opened another one.

"Xeron Cressfield. Another Descendant. Elements are Fire and Darkness, one of the powerful combination of aggressive elements. Background history include being an orphan and by the time of his age, became a Sword Caster." He put down the scroll, and opened another one.

"Ryen Vornessa. Demi Human. Elements are Ice and Time. Time... very interesting. Background history? Studied in Aster and became a Reaper." He then put the scroll down, and set aside the other scrolls.

Ryen gritted her teeth at the mention of her element that she rather not anyone to know. Because sooner or later, anyone here in this room will probably be after her for her element. It's a good thing she's wearing a mask to conceal her angered expression.

The King motioned the Lioness to come forward.

"Fetch me Xeron Cressfield. Alive and uninjured." He commanded as he handed over the scroll containing Xeron's information.

"As you wish, Your Highness. I'll try not to sink my claws on him too hard." Lady Borrlis smirked as she took the scroll and bowed down. She then stood up, put on her helm, and walked to the doors. Two guards followed her behind.

Ryen gazed Xyrea at her side for any bit of reaction to this situation.

The sound of the footsteps got louder as the mysterious figure makes its way towards him. Xeron tried to use his Phantom Sense but failed due to his weakened state. "The hell are you trying to pull on here?" the figure said in a menacing tone. "Not only did you waste your strength, but hammered down one hell of a bounty on your head as well" the figure appears before him which doesn't look human in anyway except for its posture.

"What the hell are you?" Xeron asked the figure. "Your worst nightmare.." the figure siphoned Xeron's remaining energy making him pass out. "Time to take you back to the battle field then.." the figure said walking towards his body.

The whole kingdom has been silenced by the sudden earthquakes that happened. The clanging of steel can be heard as the guards arrive outside, forming a massive earth barrier to protect the kingdom against Vrachos' assault. But they failed to realise one thing, Vrachos is one with the earth itself. Multiple earth golems appeared inside, demolishing everything in sight which caused the guards to immediately retaliate.

The figure appeared on top of the castle, watching over the chaos below. "Well then.. let's wait for someone, shall we? a faint glow of blue light can be seen from the top of the castle as the battle continues down below.

Meanwhile, Xyrea who just stood without giving a reaction immediately looked back after hearing the sound of battle outside. "I have to go somewhere.." she said in a low tone and look at Ryen. "Not now but later." she added.

"Hmph." Ryen hoffed. She had to admit, this was getting boring by every second that passed by.

One of the squires of the King approached him and informed him about the rising predicament outside. "Take them away in their cells. We'll continue this later." The King stated as he walked down his throne and summoned his sword as several guards followed behind him. He opened the large wooden doors as the metal clanging of footsteps faded with the closing of the doors with a thud.

The guards holding Ryen and Xyrea motioned them to move as they started trotting towards their cells.