Rude Awakening [-Black Feather- and Ryeniumine]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
A worn out Ryen plopped down on the couch in Madame Laloise's living room. The lady peeked her head by the hallway to eye the feline hybrid. "Have you find the man yet?", Laloise asked.

Head face first on the couch, Ryen mumbled, "No... ugh... I think I got carried away from all the sights to see in this kingdom."

She remembered the time while she was out looking for him, she was at awe at the many different places of the Kingdom of Terios. From stores that sell, to the culture of the rock-styled kingdom. To get a good look, she even climbed the second highest structure of the kingdom, which is a large stone-architectured building called the Solitudinem Cathedral. She drew the view of the rock kingdom on her journal while she was up there. "I'll just have to find him tomorrow..."

The lightly grey-haired brunette lady, carried several suitcases before heading off to the door. Ryen looked up at her in curiosity. "Where are you going?"

"I'm heading off to the Southern Regions. I'll be visiting... an old friend. And I wouldn't mind if you stay here for a while. If you leave, the spare keys are under the doormat just behind this door. So don't forget to lock the house before you set off again, okay?" Madame Laloise took a large brim hat as she began to wear her shoes.

"Ooh... but what if I steal something?!" She grinned mischieviously, while her tail perked upwards. The lady turned towards her and said, "Oh please, from all the years I have been through, it is quite obvious you aren't the kind of person who'd do that."

She opened the door and bid farewell at Ryen.

Thr hybrid is now left all alone at the house. She thought of all the things she's going to do tomorrow, but her appetite begged to be satisfied. After a meal, she remembered the time she faced off those dragons last time. "I should really work on my combat skills," she thought.

Going outside with her weapon in her hand, raven-black hair in a ponytail, she began swinging her staff as she tried to maintained balance.

She found a tree that can work as a training dummy.

Gripping the weapon, she hit on both its sides, as she concentrated on building up her strength. Several thoughts flashed through her head as she her body began to sweat.

Why didn't you get it right? Or are you just so blind that you think you could actually face off against them?

Her hits started to add more force.

No wonder you couldn't finish them off. You even swung your scythe like an idiot.

Her teeth started to grit. Sweat beaded on her forehead as small chucks of wood from the sides of the tree fell off.

Look at yourself.

A sharp slice was heard. Half of the tree fell off with a loud thud. She didn't realize that her staff had magically altered into a scythe.

Panting, she turned on her heel and walked back towards the house. "That's enough for tonight", she muttered to herself as she started to get ready for tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xeron woke up early as he intends to get the reward from yesterday's extermination quest. He left the abandoned building as he made his way to the guild, while walking around he noticed the unique architecture of the buildings around him. One may say that they're just a bunch of rocks that are made into buildings, but for him it was different. Being born in the eastern continent, he grew up with the belief that the other kingdoms are no different from Xarcos.

As he reached the guild, he went directly to the board to check if there are any extermination quest posted. There was one posted however it is strictly a partner quest meaning he can't accept it on his own. He decided to go and see the guild master.

"You're early as usual" the guild master said as he saw Xeron heading towards him. "Here's the whelp claw that you requested" he took out a claw from his pocket and placed it on the guild desk. "Hmm a little short but this will do" he took the claw and placed it inside a jar "Here's your payment" he said as he gave Xeron a small sack that contains 50 copper coins.

"About the partner quest, I-"

"Your partner's over there" the guild master pointed at the silver haired girl standing near the hallway.

"Thanks" he replied, taking the small sack with him.

He went towards the silver haired girl who seems to be reading a parchment. "Kurohomura, right?" she said while still reading. Great, another adventurer from Xarcos he wasn't happy by the fact that she knows that name since the only people who knows about it are the ones in Xarcos. "I won't kill you" she said in a soft tone while folding the parchment "I'm not like them either".

"What do you mean?"

"Enfield" two magic circles appeared beneath her, the inner one being green while the outer one is black. He looked at the circles carefully to check if there's any seal on them but they weren't any.

"There's no point in trying to disguise it you know?"

He sighed before giving his response.

"So, who are you then"?

"Xyrea Aventail, pleased to make your acquaintance" she slightly bowed her head.

"Likewise" he replied while also slightly bowing his head. Bowing your head after introducing yourself to a fellow Xarian is a customary thing to do in Xarcos, although he didn't really introduce himself.

"Shall we go?"

"Yeah" he replied as they started heading to their quest.

Ryen looked up in the sky as she breathe, and heaved a sigh. Her feet dangled off the edge of while sitting on the roof of the Cathedral. She went up again to get a good look of the kingdom to find that guy, but she also needed a break from walking around too much. It's a good thing she still remembers his scent, otherwise she would've be lost around the city. "Heh, he smelled like burnt apple pies." She muttered to herself.

She took out the small scroll that contains the elemental fire-type spell called, "Chrono Blast". She leaned her head on one side in curiosity, as she held it on her left hand in front of her. It floated as it de-materialized into her palm.

She chanted the spell quietly and held out her right hand as she targeted it towards the town square full of people.

"Chrono Blast."

Nothing happened.

"Pew! Pshooo! Hahaha!" She laughed. Of course it doesn't work on her. Only a fire elemental can do that, while she's only an ice type.

The way to determine one elemental to another, is by simply looking at their eye color. Red signifies fire, blue signifies water, and brown signifies earth. Other elements include, light blue for ice and etc.

After that silly performance, she materialized the fire-type scroll once more and kept it in her satchel. She then held out her right hand and four spell scrolls materialized as they float around her hand.

Being a Reaper means they're lesser magic users, but their physical combat is much stronger and they have the ability to contain and transport souls. Although it isn't recommended to control souls, doing it too much will result in a Reaper to become a Necromancing Reaper. Also the process of Corruption to the user is accompanied once that level is reached. Therefore, it is required to use it in a minimal level and combine it with an elemental-type spell.

Ryen shuddered at that thought as she opened one of the scrolls. 'Icy Dust', a fog-type spell, 'Frost Bite' a temperature-type spell, and 'Anima Glacies', a soul/elemental hybrid-type spell.

The fourth scroll however, she doesn't use it too much. 'Orbis Reset
', a time-type spell.
"Maybe I'll try to use this some time. Poor spell was never even used anyway," she thought. She then de-materialized the scrolls and stood up to scan the city once more, before heading off.

Hours have passed since Xeron and the silver haired girl left the guild, a scorching heat wave greeted them as they arrived on their destination. Xeron immediately stepped back to avoid the heat while Xyrea just stood there, not bothered by the heat at all. She looked back at him surprised that he wasn't able to withstand the heat.

"What's wrong?" she asked him curiously, since she believes that he was resistant to fire.

"Its too hot" he replied, still standing outside of the heat range.

But that's just artificial heat.. she thought as she pointed her hand at him "Aero Wisp" a small spirit appeared as it started orbiting Xeron.

"That should keep the heat for now" she turned around and started to walk. Xeron felt the cool breeze provided by the wisp, which reduced the heat that he felt before. He decided to start moving as well.

Their target was a rogue arcane elemental called "Arkan". Arkan was created by the scholars of Aster in hopes of gaining further knowledge on the arcane element but it went rogue and escape. It was reported to have fled near the Terrarian region, attacking numerous caravans and adventurers that it comes across with. Under normal circumstances, the Terian soldiers would've been able to dispatch it but due to Arkan's unique nature, it managed to learn the elements that was used against it. So far it is known to have learned the Earth and Fire elements. When the guild learned about this, they decided to handle the situation themselves to avoid it from learning more elements. That is, if the quest takers manage to destroy it.

Arcane was a recent element discovered by the scholars of Aster, although its quite different from the other elements since it came from pure magic. The only known arcane user is the Grand Magus himself and come to think of it, it seems like The Kingdom of Aster is taking the lead in magic research. Arcane magic can pierce through defensive spells which makes it a versatile element, though learning it is easier said than done.

After walking for sometime, Xyrea stopped as she sensed its presence "Prepare yourself" she said as she took out her twin blades. Xeron did the same while looking around. The ground exploded as Arkan started to appear from below.

"We're not supposed to use magic right?" he asked while entering his stance.

"As much as possible, yes" she replied.

Arkan started to create multiple fire orbs around it, while gaining additional strength.

This is gonna take awhile he thought as he started charging towards it.

After hours of following the trail of his scent, she ended up in a Guild Hall building, just nearby the kingdom's royal castle. There were a lot of adventurers around the area, humans and Demis alike, all crowding over the hall. They're all so diverse with each other from different choice of clothing, to the different-sized weapons they wield.

Ryen started to feel conscious as she walked through the crowd to find him.

"Ugh... where are you?"
She searched the area while asking some adventurers of a tall and black-haired guy who wears a cloak. They shook their heads as they continue talking and looking at boards that contain quests or bounty hunts.

After a while, with droopy ears, she felt tired from walking to one place to another, asking for a guy who's probably left the damn kingdom for all she care. Her last resort is to walk over to the desk of the Guild Master himself.

"But they're so many people! He'll probably just say he doesn't know because of the amount of adventurers his handling!" She groaned in frustration as she walked over to him.

"Uhm, hello sir?"

"Huh? What do you want?" He asked, brashly. This made Ryen's tail poofed a little as he eyed her. He saw a small silver crest attached to her hood and said, "You're a Reaper huh? Figures."

"So... I'm looking for this guy and I was wondering if you know him?"

The Guild Master raised an eyebrow to her.

"Uh... I mean, a guy this tall," she lifted a hand above her head, "Black hair, wears a cloak, red eyes, smelled like burnt pastry?" She continued as her mouth started to cringe on how silly she must've looked.

"Let me see... if I can remember a boy with what you just said..."

"Really?!" She asked.

"Uhh... NO. I do not know of a man with a description like that. Your best choice is to wait here until your lost little friend comes back from whatever quest he was assigned to." He retorted.

"Come on, sir! You must've at least know someone like that! I-" the feline hybrid exclaimed.

"No!" He stated firmly. This caused her ears to fall back as her tail poofed. A few adventurers looked at them, but one look from the Guild Master, and they dropped their heads low as they quickly walked away from them.

Ryen looked at him, with a regretful face before turning around and slowly walked away. "Ugh... there goes my last chance of find-"

"Wait." He said. She turned around to face him and approached him carefully.

With a hand on his temple, he sighed.

"If that boy is so important to you... like I said, the best way to find him is to wait for him here. I have a feeling that there's a chance that he must've taken a quest today." He said, as Ryen's ears started to perk up a little.

"There's a waiting area just near the left hallway, by the way." He pointed.

"Oh thank you, sir!" She smiled. She was about to head off when he suddenly asked her, "I need to know your name first."

"Oh, my name's R-ryen Vornesa." She said, as he wrote something on a piece of paper with a list of names on it.

"Alright Ms. Disrespectful, you are now a new member of the-"

"Uhmm... if that's for the guild, I really don't wish to join it."

"Huh? Why? Don't you want it?"

"I'm not really a guild person... and as a Freelancer, I tend to be away most of the time y'know?"

"Well, now you're in one. That's what you get for causing a scene moments ago." He eyed her, obviously wasn't listening to what she just said. "But I don't want to..." She pouted in defeat as he shoved her a scroll. "Alright, off you go now." He shooed her away. She frustratedly pounced off to the waiting area, then sat and began to wait.

After a hard fought battle, Xeron and Xyrea managed to destroy Arkan by overloading it with magic. Their original plan was to destroy its core, which Xyrea would've easily done if it actually had one. Her quick movements followed by her elegant yet deadly, display of swordsmanship quickly overwhelmed the arcane elemental. Unfortunately for them, Arkan didn't have a core and it simply just regenerated back its lost limbs.

They tried to use magic against it to see how it would react, as expected Arkan managed to absorb their spells and gain its corresponding element. Xeron managed to see a downside to this though, as Arkan grows stronger with every spell absorbed it also became highly unstable. And with a hit from an Aero Wisp enhanced Primordial Burst, Arkan has met its end.

Upon its death, the arcane elemental dropped a scroll containing an ice spell called "Frost Bane" which Xeron kept. After a few hours of walking through the barren waste land, the two have arrived at the kingdom.

"I'll take my leave now, it was an honor working with you" she said, heading towards the eastern part of the capital.

"Wait, what about the bounty?"

"Don't worry about it, its yours" she looked back at him and smiled "Also you might want to take a shower" she added as she started to walk away.

He sighed I guess its been awhile since the last time I took a bath he thought while heading towards the guild. As he entered the guild, many adventurers were giving him a strange look. He noticed this as he started to look back at them.

"Heh, I didn't know they allowed a pauper to join the guild" a tall man said

"Careful now, he might steal your money!" a red haired man said with a smirk

"How can he even steal money in that state? I mean look at him, he looks like he got beaten down by a Saurian" the tall man replied

The entire guild started laughing at him but he didn't mind as he went towards the guild master.

"What happened? you look like-"

"We managed to eliminate Arkan as requested"

"Where's your partner?"

"She said that I could have the bounty"

The guild master looked at him suspiciously "You sure?" he asked while taking out a small sack.

"Yeah"

The guild master handed him a small sack that contains 50 silver coins. Xeron took the sack and started to leave. I should buy a new cloak first he thought as he looked at his worn out cloak.

"There."
She eyed him from afar.

"You."
She started walking towards him.

"Fucking."
She started to run through.

"Are."
She's now sprinting.

The hybrid jump and tackled him from behind. They both fell unto the floor with a thud, which Ryen doesn't mind. She was too furious with this guy.

She sat up, pinning down the man with her weight as her tail poofed up with anger. She turned the man around and give him a hard slap to the face.

"You FORGOT something." She pulled out the fire-type spell from her satchel and angrily tossed it at his face.

He felt a sharp pain, as he got suddenly slapped on the face. Its already bad enough that he got tackled down but slapped in the face? now that's just asking for your funeral. Why you- he was about to punch his assailant when a scroll landed on his face.

Chrono Blast? he thought as he took the scroll. He looked at the one who attacked him. He sighed as he recognized the feline hybrid.

"First off, I meant to give this as a parting gift" he opened the scroll.

"Second, I forgot to unseal it" he said as he started chanting a spell.

"Shirubureiku" the scroll changed its color to gold revealing its true element.

"Third, get off me will you?" he said noticing that the other adventurers were staring at them.

She hissed at him and jumped off. Standing up, she asked him,

"Then why didn't you tell me that?! You made me search the whole damn kingdom for TWO DAYS! Just to return a supposed thing that I THOUGHT, belongs to you."

She doesn't care how many people were looking at the familiar hybrid who caused two scenes in one day. But when she noticed them starting to murmur, she sighed and approached him.

"YOU owe me answers." She stated as she leaned forward. But then she coughed and backed away.

"Ugh, and you need a, *coughs* shower too." She closed the bottom half of her face with a hand. "God, his scent smells worst in person." Plus the fact that her feline senses are hypersensitive than the average human's.

• Useful
Reactions: -Black Feather-
"What answers? I already told you that the scroll was meant for you and I just forgot to unseal it" he said while standing up.

Why the hell is she even worked up for? he thought. Xeron wasn't really the type to understand others since he only thinks for his own, although on rare ocassions he would show a bit worrying for others.

"I have other things to do, I'm leaving" he said, walking away from her.

"Are you sure about that?" She asked mischieviously, as a coin-jingling sound was heard. She held a small pouch on her hand. "Those aren't the answers you owe me." She eyed him with a hand on her hip.

"And if you try to do something funny, remember, there are a lot of people here who are gonna see this, including the Guild Master. Oh, and are those royal knights I hear outside doing their nightly kingdom patrol?"

"So if you want this back, you better give me those answers that I will ask first." She stated.

"What the hell do you even want to know?" he replied in an annoyed tone. Dammit I have other things to do yet- he took a deep breath Let's just get this over with he thought as getting mad would obviously do him no good.

He also noted the quick reflexes of the hybrid, so he doesn't fall victim to it next time. Its funny how they called me a thief yet I'm the one who got victimized just now he thought while waiting for her reply.

"Not here, though." She started to get conscious again from the adventurers gawking at them. Putting the pouch in her satchel, she motioned the guy to follow her outside where a bunch of townsfolk are walking around.

He followed her outside, while putting his hand right hand on his pocket. He used his right hand to activate a minor spell, Phantom sense which allows him to know if anyone is suspiciously observing them.

"Okay first, who the heck are you and what's your name?" She asked as she walked. At least she'll have a better nickname than wizardly Mr. Burnt-A.-Pies-Is-Probably-My-Name-So-Don't-Bother-Asking. After maybe a few days, she'll start to set off to another kingdom. But at least she'll remember Terios because of this guy.

"Xeron Cressfield.." he reluctanly replied. You better not be a bounty hun- his thought was interrupted as his Phantom Sense detected someone. He looked around to see where the person is, probably to hunt them down later after talking to the hybrid. For him, he'd rather be a hunter than a prey.

"Hey, eyes here stupid." She snapped her fingers to get his attention.

"Also," she stopped him while looking at him dead in the eye. She whispered, "How did you know my other element was Time?" She remembered the scroll he unsealed a few moments ago, revealing to her an element she's allied with.

"Only someone with trained eyes can see that. Plus the fact that my color can easily be mistaken with another element." Her eye color is a mix of duo colors of sky blue and gold. Yellow is the color element for Lightning, but Time is literally, gold.

"You're not ONE of them... are you? Or should I say... hunters of the Triad Cult?" She eyed him suspiciously.

He looked back at her after failing to see the observing person. "I only assumed that you could use it" he closed his eyes for brief moment. "And I'm no cultist either" he placed his right hand at the hilt of his sword.

He opened his eyes and looked at her menacingly "You on the other hand, might be a damn bounty hunter" the tone of his voiced changed to a bitter one as he did not take the idea very well.

"My Phantom Sense caught one of your friends just now, and I suggest you tell me where they are right here, right now" he slowly unsheathed his sword and pointed it at her neck "It doesn't matter how many of you are there because I'll cut you all down, ONE BY ONE" he screamed the last part while looking at her with killing intent.

"Wha- what the, I'm a Reaper not a Hunter!" She stepped back in defense. She slowly reached out and touched the handle of her staff behind her back. "What the heck is happening?"

"What the hell... I don't even have any friends back home- wait a second..." She growled at him as her tail slowly swung from side to side. She heard a faint rustle somewhere.

"You're probably hiding the fact that you ARE a cult hunter!" She hissed. "Ugh! You sick fucks won't stop, won't you?!" She hissed as she grabbed her weapon and held it tightly.

"Not this time you damn bastards, You..will..all..DIE" Xeron released a burst of black flames, revealing the main reason the people of Xarcos feared him. He only enters this state when he's consumed by hatred, primarily from bounty hunters.

"You think its fun to hunt down other people their entire life, did you? Well I'll show you what it feels to be prey" the tone of his voice sounded like someone who's been possessed by a demon.

"Grand flames of the ancient, hear my call" a crimson circle appeared beneath him "Burn all those who stand in my way, leave them all to ashes" the ground started shaking violently as he started to laugh maniacally "Grand Flame:Primordial Burst".

Multiple pillars of black flames appeared everywhere as he continued to laugh, gradually losing control of his mind. The black flames instantly turned anything it touched to ashes causing widespread panic as people started running away.