Rowan High School

He looked down and smiled as he continued "I can, I believe I can. I will. I'm holding on until I do. Not giving up I'm gonna find a way to push on through. I am just an ordinary man, I'm gonna do my best. I know I am somebody, and I can."

He stopped and peeked over "you make really nice drawings."

"Thanks. You're the only one I showed it to." she said shyly. "Your voice is amazing, by the way." she said.

He blushed "really? But these drawings are amazing, you should be an artist."

He smirked "nah, I could never be a singer."

"I'm fine to stay a simple person sketching about stuff. And your song inspired me. Thanks." she smiled at him.

Jake Drove home and changed into his work clothes he worked at a Restaurant as a waiter next to the school so you could sometimes smell Actual food from some classrooms

She kept singing not noticing that he had already finished the song, she was slightly startled by his words. She might not mind people hearing her sing but in this case she was caught, singing along someone else without permission. So, with a slightly red face due to being caught singing so loud, she replied. "Oh!...Hi, I'm Chiquita but just call me Shorty; everyone does. You have good taste in music, and a nice voice and I like how you play guitar and I'm gonna stop talking since I'm just rambling now..." Giving out a short awkward laugh, she stopped talking and stared at Riley while placing a strand of her black short hair behind her ear.

Riley found the blushing and rambling nervous sentences quite adorable. "Haha you have an amazing voice love" he smiled"im Riley nice to meet you Shorty" he said in his british/scottish accent.

"Thank you! You have a nice voice too, like I said." She returned his smile and thanked him for the compliment. "It's nice meeting you as well, Riley. I don't want to sound rude and it's not like I know everyone in town; but your face is not familiar. Are you new in town?" She asked, her electric blue eyes looking at him in a questioning way just as her head tilted sideways, much like a puppy would do when confused or lost.

Riley laughed an impish laugh as his smile chattered in laughter. " Yeah i start tomorrow im a foreign exchange actually, im from Manchester England." He said with his British accent rolling off of his tongue. His light stubble around his lips caught feeling of the wind . "Its a beautifulday out aint it love?"

She smiled, "The first one. About being not alone."

"Oh! So, your part of the new school program of foreign exchange students." She gave him a smile and it grew bigger when he mentioned where he was from. "England!?...Wow, that's awesome. Anyways, I wish they had the foreign exchange program last year. It would had been useful and would had made my last year easier. You see, I'm also from another country but I don't think it's as cool as England. I'm from an island called Puerto Rico. Though, I don't think many have heard from it." Looking around, she suddenly noticed how beautiful it was outside, thanks to Riley pointing it out. "Ah! Yes, I think it is a beautiful day out today...It makes me want to sing more..."

He smiled "well if you want we can sit together anytime we see eachother at school alright?" He asked he then scratched the facial hair stubbles on his face." Damn ive got to bloody shave soon."

She nodded in response at his question, while a chuckle escaped her lips at his statement of having to shave. "I guess we could do that..." Suddenly, a car pulled up next to her. Looking towards it, she realized it was her mother and by the look on her face, she wasn't happy. Remembering that she hadn't called her, she gasp in acknowledgement. "Shit..." She knew that her mother must have been very worried when she didn't received her usual call. Running towards the car, she said her goodbyes to Riley and told him that they could sit together at lunch the next day. "See ya tomorrow at Riley! Maybe we could sit together at lunch!" With a wave, she got in the car and apologized to her mother as she drove them to their house.

Brendan smiled ''awesome, I think.. anyway.. I'm Brendan, nice to meet you.''

"I'm Maria. Nice to meet you, too." she replied with a smile.

he sat back and looked around ''aren't you going to class?''

She looked around too and thought for a moment. "I think have history. How about you?" she asked him. "I'm not sure if I wanna go." she admitted.

he chuckled ''I have no idea.. I'm new here..''

"Do you have your sched with you? You should check it out. We might even be classmates." she told him. She doesn't mind going to class with him but then again, he already have a girl so she has to be careful not to get too close with him. She had enough heartbreaks to last her a few more lifetimes.