Revenge is Sweeter than Blood

Gandal grunted as he was thrown against the wall. The human was struggling wildly, clawing at the hand that held him against the wall. Odella shuddered as the holy water reached her stomach. She stumbled forward, her fangs bared in a threat that she couldn't verbalize. The human once he saw the fangs went stock still except to point at Gandal. The other vampire shook his head and tried to say something before giving up and pointing at the one way mirror. "Think, Miss Spring killed them," Gandal managed as he tried to relax his throat from the pressure of Uunia's palm on his larynx. "Chief wanted to--"

Odella slammed the door shut as angry police men pounded on the door. She used all her strength to keep the other vampires from getting in. "Window," she managed to hiss out. It was hard for her to speak with the water burning her throat. "Uunia, window. Get out there." She was nearly thrown from the door as something large and heavy banged against it. She quickly scrambled to push the door shut again. She actually wished for a moment that she was lycan for the unbelievable strength they seemed to master. She was stronger than the average human but her skills lay in dance and speed. She flicked her eyes to the files on the desk. Had they been a ploy to get her in here? She then looked at the one-way-mirror. They were very sturdy objects, but she doubted that they could manage against a werewolf that was angry. And if they did it quick enough they may be able to get out of there before the others realized it. If there was a last resort they could threaten to eat the human and other vampire if they weren't let go.

As she hissed to escape though the window, Uunia gripped the two in his hands tighter, a dark grin on his face as he knew exactly what to do. "One opening coming UP!" He then took both of them in hand and slammed them into window, the force so great it shattered the window with a very loud crash. With the window down, h reaches over and grabs Odella and jumps up in threw the new opening, ready to fend her off from any means of an obsticle. "Take off my damned collar, I'm not gonna be jumped or surprised again for the rest of this night!"

Odella only took a moment to consider the repercussions for such an act. It didn't matter. Even if she didn't release Uunia, she would still be tracked down for the murders. Releasing a werewolf wouldn't do any more damage than her other choices had. She would still be sought after. She reached up and around and tore at the latch. As she was near his ear while she did this, she whispered out instructions. "Don't go back to the loft. Head east and then follow me. It'll be faster and safer this way," she explained. It hurt to talk but she had to tell him. For the first time in her immortality she wished that vampires did get such abilities as telepathy.

Just as the collar fell away she kicked out to the side to throw a human back against a wall. She spun and looked at the doorway. Clear--for the moment. She dashed forward and out into the hallway. She used the collar that she had pulled away as a weapon. A rather effective weapon she noted as she threw it against the face of an advancing vampire. She could hear an audible crunch as it smashed into the cheek and nose bone.

Odella flitted through the building, much as she had in the alleyway the night before. Dancing lessons had always been something she cherished as a human and now she knew that they had more advantages than just being beautiful. As she reached the front door, she stumbled to a halt. Human's holding crosses and buckets of water stood there. She assessed the situations and decided that it was a 'what the hell' moment and slipped in. She used all her senses to dodge the buckets of holy water that were thrown at her. She felt it hit her in the arm, though it didn't stop her. She lashed out with all her strength and slammed the doors open. She glanced back to see how Grayfang was doing. The pain in her arm was dulled by the rush of adrenaline but if she didn't keep moving she'd start to feel the pain soon.

The moment the spikes from the collar gave way and fell into Odella's possession, he let loose the beast within himself. He was far too large to go for full size, he'd never fit through the doors, so he went for a half change, his body greatly increased in muscle but he looked EXTREAMLY lean. His frame was now lighter and his claws and fangs shorter. A much more maneuverable change that allowed for increased speed, and in such a place, he needed it. He slashed his way through the vampires that rushed him and didn't leave any time to ponder. He broke away from the room, separating himself from Odella momentarily as he sped through the office ways. Several men did the best to stop him but any vampire that tried met with slashes and punches as he bobbed and weaved through them all. As he was about to make it to the door, he saw the sight of Odella about to encounter and roared. It caused a few of them to miss there mark on her and focus on him. He cackled madly as the tried to beat him away with the crosses and made meat out of three of them before crashing his way through the door.

"Forget splitting up, we stay together!" he barked as he sped up behind her, lifting her up in the air and before she came down again, changing into his slandered lycan form, making sure she landed on his back. "Now hold on!" He roared as he sped off, going faster than any car could go in the traffic that was this city. He scrambled his way out of the main road and clawed hsi way up the side of a building, able to escape the sight of the human police, but even he knew he couldn't outrun any of the bloodlines that might be working there. The best he could do for now was to make as much distance between that place as possible, and hopefully get some blood for Odella and protein for him, the sudden changes making it hard for him to keep his stamina up.

Odella grunted as she was flung into the air by her new colleague and then landed on his back. She dug her hands into his coat, hiding her face down so that anything that flew past them would have less of a target. She pulled herself up until her arms looped around his neck and she could talk to him without hurting her throat. "Right, then left, then straight for about a mile," she croaked focusing on the map in her mind that would guide her to the safe house that she had supplied early in her stay here. "It's about three miles out of the main sectors; it'll have all that we need to keep low for a few days."

She then looked over her shoulder to see if anyone had started after them yet. When she didn't see anyone she looked forward and ducked her head again. The werewolf was quickly becoming her favorite person. What confused her was what evidence the police would have that it was her that had done it. If those police records had been true there was no way that she could have been the one. The pain in her arm was horrible, but she continued to hold tightly to him. She realized that somewhere along the flight she had lost her grasp on the collar. At the rate they were going though, she thought it would be better if he didn't have it, just in case of something like that ever happened again.

Uunia dared not look back on to what may be back at the police station. With his speed maxed out and his claws digging deep into the brick walls, concrete roofs, an steel. He couldn't believe someone was bold enough to do something like that. To trick there own kind in such a deadly manor, but, then again, he had heard of far worse stories. He scraped his claws down the building as he saw a decent sized alley for him to slow down in, he keeping a steady trott but needing to catch his breath, he having just run a few miles in just a few minutes. "Oi...I'm sorry Odella...I didn't think the cops would have been so bullshit...I would have been more careful and sniffed that place out..." he growled as he slowed to a walk, he sniffing about now for any scent that would be threatening.

Once the coast was clear, he changed back into the smaller form, he able to change back at a moment's notice though it made his stoumache growl greatly. He needed to feed soon, and he knew that Odella was going to need blood for the injury to her throat.

Odella dropped down from his back, keeping up with him on foot for a few minutes before she stopped and undid her sandals. Looking around she dropped them in a dumpster and joined up with him again a moment later. She put her injured side on the side that Uunia was on and shook her head. "I didn't think that they would ever think I did it. I was out of town when it happened. I had receipts and eye witnesses that were willing to fly in to say I was with them. There was nothing-" she tried to say before coughing and looking around. She could fed off the first human she saw, but at the same time that would only lead the police to where they were going.

Instead she shut her mouth and started to jog a tiny bit faster, taking the lead this time. She led the way in silence down into an almost dead neighborhood of old houses. Looking around before she neared an old should behind a tall wall with a gate that looked manageable but old. Entering a number into an old looking machine, the gates opened up for them to enter. "Go," she whispered before entering after him and closing the gate. Looking up at the old house she walked up and opened the front door cautiously. She hadn't been here in weeks. "Untraceable. It'll be safe." she told him.

"You need to feed..." he said in a low tone as he followed the vampire inside, he looking about the place with a nervous look. "And if I have to I'll let you feast on me if the blood reserves you have are depleted..." he said as he sniffed about the iron smell very faint but there. He stepped his way into the main entrance of the house they had opened the gate to and grabbed the knob of the door, finding it locked and a bit worn to the touch. "Don't suppose you have the key honey?" he said sarcastically. as he looked back to her, but, as he turned, he stumbled. He fell to his knees and grit his teeth, "Ah.....sorry...just...a little hungry..." he said as he heaved a bit. His body reacted a little as he knelt down, turning into a much more manageable wolf form, he padding up to her side.

"You don't have to let me feed off you," Odella said as she opened the front door cautiously and moved into the kitchen, digging around int he fridge for the blood packs that she had stored here. She then pulled out frozen meat. She threw it into a very modern microwave and nuked it as she started to guzzle down the liquid. Despite the run down appearance from the outside the house was very much like that of the inside of her loft--simple and clean with little useless objects.

She winced as she felt the throat tissue and arm tissue start to regenerate. "Get your wolf butt in here, Hope you don't mind uncooked meet in that form," she said, though she didn't raise her voice just in case it tore her throat. After all hadn't they communicated in normal voices earlier that evening? When she could hear the sizzling of unfrozen meet she pulled the meat out and dropped it onto the counter. She then went and pulled out another bag out of the fridge and started to drink that as well, her senses going out to survey the house. She could only hear the lycan's big thud of a heart.

"Does it look like I care? Just let it be meat..." he said as his stomach growled loudly. He rushed inside and the moment the meat hit the counter he hopped up on it and started tearing into it. It didn't take him long to make the meat disappear down his gullet, he licking his maw as he transformed back to his normal self, he sighing due to the fact he had tore away the clothes he had on and was stuck with him in the nude, "Well....that's perfect..." he said as he shook his head, he staying behind the counter, covering his more than ample manhood with his tail as he spoke to Odella, "As much as like being naked like this clothes would be nice...preferably something that's loos fitting..." he said as he chuckled a bit, he looking about the room as he was impressed by how it looked.

If Odella had not been in the middle of guzzling blood and getting another packet of meat out just in case the man was still hungry, she might have been caught staring. She had to admit that the man with simply a tail hiding any important parts was a very intriguing sight. In fact, it was almost too good for the young woman that was going on a blood and adrenaline high.

"Food, clothing, anything else you want sir NakedFang?" she teased with a little giggle before putting the frozen meat on the counter. "There are skillets and all here. I put this together in case me and David had to hide out or something. I got into the habit of making sure the food was good and I did it about once a week. This should be good enough to eat for you."

She left the room quickly, though her eyes did linger on the very nice view of his upper body and the tail that hid anything else that might have been interesting to the female vampire. She climbed the stairs three at a time—almost as if she was jumping up the stairs in a ballet leap. Then she disappeared into a room and started to search through clothes—both for herself and for the man downstairs.

He shook his head at her teasing and looked to the uncooked meat that lay still frozen. He didn't really like cooking with his shirt off, but it beat dealing with frozen meat. He moved a few pots and pans around and took out an oversized bowl, sticking the meat inside and then going for some olive oil and BBQ sauce. He started to marinate the steak, tossing on a handful of spices so that it would soak in as the meat would thaw. As he let the meat do its thing, he thought about what he could do for Odella when he had a thought, "Hey, if you don't mind, jsut some shorts and a T-shirt if you don't mind! In fact, the Shirt isn't really necessary as he acted on his idea.

He took one of the many blood packs she had and started to pour one in a glass while scrounging around for a few other ingredients. He soon found what he needed and put everything together, taking out the blood and boiling everything together by adding a little bit of water. He then poured it all in a glass and set it out for her, "Alright, when you come down, I have something for you to try..." he said as he took a sip from the pot once it cooled, it tasting rather good even thought it was mostly blood.

She climbed out of her dress and pulled on an over sized button up mens shirt that went down to her mid thighs and a pair of shorts that hid underneath it giving the appearance that she didn't have anything on underneath. She worked around the items in there and pulled out a few different pairs of shorts before going back down in her new outfit. She slid into the kitchen, having slipped in the pair of socks that she had put on. She couldn't keep a giggle from leaking out as she put the clothes down next to him, her gaze flicking up and down approvingly before she looked at the glass. She sniffed it and blinked a few times.

With an intrigued face she picked the glass up and took a sip. She blinked a few times and looked down at the glass in her hand, "And what is this?" she asked, her voice awed. She wasn't quiet sure what she thought of it but she knew that it wasn't any garden variety blood. "What have you done to it exactly?" She turned to eye the pot, suddenly unaware of his nakedness.

"It's tea..." he said as he grabbed the shorts and pulled them on, he knowing she was ogling him and made no attempt to try and detour her. He briefly revealed his lower half as he explained, "Well, i think David left quite a few ingredients in here, most of which were good for sorcery, but also great for tea...I just blended some together with blood and water. That would be like you drinking some very heavy lavender tea...at that heat, it's body temp..." he said as he zipped up the shorts and looked to her with a grin. "If it's too heavy on the spice, i can add a little more blood to it." He then walked passed her, his tail moving in a way that it brushed along her back and up her spine as it curled, he heading over to the couch ti sit down and wait on his meat to thaw.

Odella took the opportunity to drink the 'tea' rather than look at him, though she definitely had the urge to do. Her eye did flick downward as he was zipping the shorts and couldn't help but grin back at him. "It tastes fine," she said, cradling the cup as he passed by. Her eyebrows shot up as she turned to watch him move into the connected living room.

Following she looked at him as she leaned against the wall, taking long sips from the glass. She couldn't really place the taste but it was definitely much better than most bagged blood that she had tasted. "Mind if I hire you as a cook, Uunia? I never would have thought of making Blood Lavender tea. It is definitely nice for my throat as well," she asked, looking at the muscular chest of the man before looking up at his face. Why did Lycans have to have everything she liked? Muscles, height, power, looks. All of that and more packed into one body was simply not fair. The fact that he could easily kill her on top of that should she give him a chance made it even more exciting to have him so near.

She found herself wondering as she eyed his body what would have happened if she had met him before David had entered her life. Would she be on this path now?

"Hey, if that means I get to eat the leftover meat and what not, I don't see why not...." he said with a smile as he moved over, allowing her a chance to sit down as well, "I can also make a few other blood drinks as well, plus when we run out you can drink straight from the tap." he said as eh moved his neck a little aand point to his veins, "It's not like I'll run out of blood any time soon." he said with a smile. He noticed her looking him over, he at first finding it flattering and now finding it a bit odd, "Umm...is there anything else I can do for ya?" he said with a chuckle, it sounding a bit unsure as it slipped from his lips. If she were to look him over, she would see that any of the marks he had sustained were healed over. His Hair was a little longer, going down so far as it touched his shoulders. He had lost a bit of the wild that he had from when they first met, mostly due to the fact he wasn't starving any more, but there was still a look in his eye that showed he was one that was not new to bloodletting.

Odella froze in her spot against the wall. Her eyes seemed to zone in on his neck and stay there. A buzzing in her ears hit her and her grip on her glass of blood tea tightened. She slowly tore her eyes from his neck to look into his eyes. Her own green orbs were darkening to a forest green. She could feel her fangs slowly elongate at the idea of drinking from a source for simply drinking. The night before she had drunk from the humans to survive an attack. Uunia was offering, at least when she was out of other blood sources, to let her drink to live.

Many did not know the effects of such an offer could do on a vampire. It was like drawing a target on their necks for the vampires to see that would remain there no matter how much they washed. It would always linger in the back of her mind until she couldn't handle it any longer and she fell pray to it.

"U-Uunia, I suggest you never make that offer to me again," she whispered. As if the words broke some kind of spell she found herself able to look away from him. Odella left the room quickly. She went and refilled her glass of tea and then set it on the counter where she set her forehead next. The cool material did little for her, but it gave her something solid to feel--something other than that stomach clenching desire to drink the lycan's blood.

Uunia looked to Odella with a raised brow. He hadn't expected her to decline like that. True the process of drawing his blood would be at first painful, but it wasn't like he could die from it. His body would replenish the red liquid far faster than she could drain it, even a vacuum would have trouble keeping up. He grew concerned when she left the room and placed her head on the counter. He could smell the nervousness just flowing from her and it brought him to his feet. He walked into the kitchen and reached over to her, trying to place his hand at her shoulder and spoke calmly, "Hey, it's alright...we...you've been through a lot today. I understand if you don't look kindly to feeding off a friend, but you've gotta understand, there's no way you could drain me dry unless there were four of you." he said with a chuckle to lighten the mood. He the rubbed her shoulders, warming them by his touch and said softly, "I'm not something that needs to be held with careful hands. I can handle just about anything...well except cars and elevators..." he said with a smile as he looked down at the back of her. He sighed and let her go and went to see to the marinateing meat that was in the bowl. He saw that it was thawing nicely and grabbed for a skillet, he spreading everything as he spoke over the bang of cooking materials, "And if you still think you can't do it, you're going to have to get over it. I'm your partner...for now...or at least till you get tired of me helpin ya. I don't want to have to be the one to drag your ass to a blood bank because one day there's not a drop to drink, and I'm the only fountain around." He said as he started to sizzle in the skillet a collection of veggies.

She could hear his heartbeat near and stand behind her. Odella listened to his explanation in silence, focusing once more on the sound of his heart and the cool feel of the marble beneath her forehead. She didn't move or speak until he had stepped away to cook his food. Her eyes snapped open and she turned her eyes on him as she backed away from him.

"I have no qualms about drinking from you Uunia," she whispered. "In fact I'd do it in a moment if I was in need of blood. I know what you are. I've seen vampires feed off one of your kind of three days straight without them going anywhere near death's door. Of course it wasn't like the vampire was drinking form them 24/7. But the fact that you offered Uunia is what is hard to resist." Before she knew what she was doing, hunger driving her body while her mind spaced, she was at his side, her cold hand reaching out to take his arm in her fist.

"Did you know that each vampire has their own little quirks about where they feed from?" She asked, her eyes locking with the muscles under her fingers. Her voice was like someone that was hypnotized. "I've never been one for the neck. When I attack sure, it's the quickest and easiest place to get to if you are coming at them from behind. But if I were given a choice, I'd have to say the wrist is the best place. Do you know how sensitive that area of flesh is?" She turned eyes with saucer sized pupils up to look at his face.

he saw the look on her face and that pretty much told him just how far she was in the lust for blood. He chuckled as he turned down the veggies, he fully looking to her with an intrigued smile. He then moved his hand to the side of her head and ran his fingers through her hair, his wrist inches from her lips as he spoke, "Then perhaps you should go ahead and try a taste...see if you like it..." he said in an almost seductive tone, his golden eyes peering into the oversized pupils, he not realising as he moved his other hand across her hip, pulling her to him as he moved his wrist towards her mouth. "And don't worry about me...if you bite too hard, I'll just have to bite back..." he said with a playful grin that spread about his face.