Revenge is Sweeter than Blood

The warmth of his large hand reassurred the vampire that this wasn't some sick dream thought up by her subconscious. Odella grabbed solice from that warmth, though she understood why he would want to release her when the time came for it. Did she want to get a drink first or did she want to go see the police about the murder? Neither , she thought, would get them anywhere. Letting out a sigh the young woman shrugged her shoulders.

"Police first. I hate having to work after I've had a drink. And that way I won't be talking to the cops while intoxicated. I've known a few human cop that'll take the law into their own hands when the see a vampire. I almost got arrested for David's murder until I proved through hotel receipts that there was no way that I was even in the same town when it happened." she told him with a sarcastic smile. Police brutality against vampires was common. After all, what could a vampire complain about? After enough time, all bruises healed and vampires had all the time in the world. She had started to hate the police because of that stupid mentality.

Sighing she looked up at the sky and tried to think of a way to get to the station without walking. "We could go over the rooftops. More direct route,not as many stops like cross walks; though definitly a problem if was are caught," she mused softly to herself as she tapped her lips with the warm fingertips of the hand the lycan had held.It felt strangely good to have had her hand held--almost as if she wasn't alone anymore; as if she could uncurl from her protective ball shape and let someone other thanDavid in. Odella threw that idea out the window the moment she thought of it. Vampires and lycans didn't become friends. They became momentary lovers or were at each others thraots. But there was never true friendship between the two races.

(( I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes. I'm currently writing this on my DsXL and its not the easiest writing device xDand i ran outtaroom

Update: I'm going to run through this later after I get back from talking to a teacher and edit it to be a little bit better. .-.' I'm surprised at that it didn't have as many errors. )

"I'd rather not draw any more attention to ourselves to night by going roof jumping..." he said as he re-took her hand and led them down the street, a few humans and vamps looking there way, wondering many a thing about the odd couple, "Plus, this gives us time to discuss how far we've gotten with this David thing. First off, he's a hunter, which means the one who killed him had some serious skill. Second, it wasn't anyone on the lower end of more well known groups, so that drastically brings down the number of people who it could be. The person who did it also isn't an idiot. Any normal person would be mouthing off how he killed a hunter." He said calmly as they turned a corner, the look of the new street lined with more seedy looking bars, aggressive looking figures, and dingy looking streets. Where Uunia not a monster himself, he'd avoid the walk he was about to go on to get to the police station but he didn't scare easily, especially by a run down and foreboding street. He payed no mind to the people that passed him by, he not sensing any animosity from them as they went further in, they passing a very dingy looking dive bar near the start of the street.As they made there way down the seedy looking sidewalk, He looked down towards a rather dark looking bar. It reeked of stale booze and blood, so much so that it caused him to cover his nose, "Oi...I hate that smell...makes me feel a bit ill..." he said as tried to hurry them further down the street. As they went further down, the smell was getting stronger the further they went down, however they were no long near the seedy bar that the smell had been coming from before. The smell kept intensifying to the point it worried Uunia. His instincts told him something wasn't right, and he showed this by stopping mid stride and holding Odella's hand firmly, "Don't move..." he said as he let hsi eyes glance around, he sniffing the air with a worried look on his face, "Unlatch my collar Odella..." he said calmly as he eyed a suspicious alley way and a nearby vehicle, he knowing something was near by and it was NOT friendly. He could smell the blood lust in the air, the smell of stale booze and the wreak of dead.

Odella had been able to smell it from about halfway down the block. The smell of stale blood horrified her and she moved closer and closer to the man. While he looked ahead, she kept sneaking glances behind them, her green eyes glaring at anyone that came near them. When he stopped and told her to unlatch his collar, she looked forward. Her body was as stiff as if she'd been dead for a long time. She pulled her hand away from his and she reached up and undid the latch as she was told. She caught the collar before it could make a noise by hitting the ground. She figured she could use it as a weapon should she need it.

"Grayfang, I'd rather not get blood on this dress and then show up at the police station, you hear?" She asked, her eyes landing on the vehicle. It was completely black with dark tinted windows. If she had to hazard a guess it would be that that belonged to one of the night people, a Cain or a Lilith. "If we can avoid it I'd rather, but if we can't, well, just take it easy on the blood and guts." She was trying to remain calm. her fangs were as long and sharp as if she were going to drain a human completely or changing them. She was really hoping that it wasn't one of the two cults of vampires. one wanted to kill her friend and both would rather see her dead than walking around and showing others that they weren't in charge of all vampires as they liked to claim.

Uunia chuckled and let loose a guttural growl, "I can't make any promises babe...." he said as he undid his shirt, removing it roughly as he glared around, he ready to change at moments notice, but even he didn't have eyes in the back of his head. As he let his shirt drop he was struck from behind, a lead pipe to the head that sent him forward, stunning him. He fell forward, pushing Odella away as another swing went to his back, then fangs at his neck. Before another stike could be had, Uunia forced his body to change, tearing off the one that bit into his neck and rising up to back hand the one swinging a pipe. His attackers landed feet first after being thrown, they looking as if they hadn't even been hit at all.

These were vampires but not of the normal state. They were primal, eyes red and bodies that seemed to be more beast like than human. There fangs were elongated, sticking out from there mouths but kept there faces covered by dingy looking scarves and clothes that were little more than patches that were scrounged together. They were the ravagers of the vampire community, the product of years of training, living amongst animals, and hunting the harshest of conditions. One of the last pure breeds of vampires that had long sence forsaken the need to mingle with humans for there grotesque appearence. They were known as the Gangrel, the outcasts of vampire kind.

"And Just what is a sister like you...doing with a damned over sized Doberman..." growled one of the vampires, his eyes blood red as they stared down at Uunia and the deep looking wounds he had made. He was larger than his friend with the pipe, with jagged dagger like fangs, long gray dirty looking dreadlocks that went down to his hip. He had on a weather beaten, worn down looking combat jacket, dingy black jeans with patches on the knees and a pocket that was torn at his left side. He walked closer to Uunia as he was on all fours, recovering quickly from the ambush as the vamps spoke "Don't you know in this city it's against the law to have bitches off a leash...especially one as fucked up in the head as this one...?" Uunia started to get up but the vampire was faster, kneeing him in the face before he could finish the transformation. "Down doggy..." With a now broken but rapidly healing noes, Uunia was on his back, gritting his teeth as he was in mid form, his upper body and legs beast like while the rest was on the way.

Odella had taken the shirt quickly before it could get damaged, wrapping it around her right hand to protect it should she have to fight. She was just as shocked as Uunia when she went sailing forward because of his push. She rolled and pushed herself to her feet just in time to see the two Gangrel being thrown off. She bared her fangs and walked over to her friend. If there were one thing she respected above all else it was the Gangrel, but she would not stand for them attacking her and Grayfang.

"And this is how you treat a sister?" She snapped getting between the Gangrel and Uunia, as her eyes flicked back and forth between the one holding the bar and the one that had kneed the lycan. "Attacking a lycan that is traveling with her? As ones of similar background, we sure are getting off on the wrong foot. I unleashed him because he sensed something was coming, and I didn't want to ruin my dress." It was better to pretend to own Grayfang for the moment. She would apologize later, but right now it might be the only thing saving him. "And if you cared so much for laws, why did your kind go off the reservation and kill whatever you want whenever you want? I have no fight with you, we only wanted to reach the police station for some research work. If we came into your territory, we apologize and will leave quickly. Tell us what we have done to warrant this attack."

Oh, Odella could have been a politician had she ever choose to. She both pointed out the flaws in their argument but in such a polite way it didn't seem as harsh. That didn't however mean that they would get out of this easily.

"Oh come on now sister...surely you don't think we're gonna kill the poor animal...just trying to get a point across." said the one in dreadlocks , he pointing the collar as he glanced over to the one holding the pipe. The pipe weilding one then nodded and grabbed the collar, he then going over to Uunia, grabbing him by his hair to get him up to his knees. Once up he put back on the collar, "Alright Grimeth, collar's on." The one known now as Grimeth then nodded, "Good work Karlid. Might make things more understanding now." He said as crossed his arms looking to Odella, "Now look, we don't mean to act ugly sister...it's just that we've had bad times come with the showing of our kind. It's bad enough that we have the unworthy joining our noble race, but to have such lax relations with the animals is unacceptable." Uunia, still in pain, growled as he was in the hold of Karlid, struggling to get loose but Karlid held him by his hair and a chokehold. "Quite down pooch, less you want to be put to sleep..." he said, baring his fangs as if daring to bite.

"Enough Karlid, you know he's sated." said Grimeth as he narrowed his eyes, "This is just a warning to you sister...if you don't want your pet going to us...you'd better keep that damned thing collard. We saw what happened to a handful of humans days ago. They were ripped to shreds, almost nothing left save a human teen who was scared out of his mind. We have to deal with such cleanups so that the humans don't hunt us again. They are already considering putting limits on us so we MUST be careful from now on, even if it means tying down our pets..." he said as he glared down at Uunia, "Do you understand what I'm trying to tell fellow blood drinker...?" He asked gruffly as he removed the scarf covering his face, revealing his blood caked mouth from a rescent feeding, his fangs sticking out from his lips and a grim look about his features that showed just how serious he was being.

Odella frowned, her eyes flicking back to watch the one named Karlid before going back to look at Grimeth. "And to say that I was the one that part-took in that is very interesting, don't you think brother? Or did that scared human teen spill other than such the scent of fright?" she asked, swallowing back her own fear. She had completely forgotten about the teen that had attacked her and had been the basis of the humans attacking her. She should have not forgotten about him and killed him too. She had to be very wary here.

"Brother, listen, I promise that I only release Grayfang when I think we are to be attacked by unknown forces. I would never let him feast on a group of humans. Too much mess; too much disgusting guts if you ask me," Odella said softly. It would be so easy to insult these people and get Grayfang hurt. She was determined to keep that from happening to anyone that was under her care ever again, as foolish as that idea was. "I respect your worry brother Grimeth, and I understand the warning. May you please allow me and Grayfang go now, or is there more you wish to discuss?"

Grimeth thought for a moment as he looked down to Odella then to the lycan that was being restrained. "Hmm...well...suppose I can let you leave...but keep that thing on a leash. If I smell either of you in any more interesting sectors again, don't think that a lycan will save you sister..." He nodded to Karlid and he let go of Uunia, he dropping down to the ground with a thud, gathering his breath after being in a choke hold. Uunia then stood smoothing back his hair and checking his neck, "Damn it... talk about your low blows..." he said through gritted teeth. He spat out a little blood from getting kneed in the face, his wound at his neck healing almost all the way by the time Karlid had let go.

The two gangrel's then nodded and leaped into the air, grasping the side of the building they where near and climbing up the side of it effortlessly, leaving Uunia and Odella alone. Uunia, now feeling like he could rip something in half after being jumped like that, growled as he felt the newly regenerated skin, "...can I have my shirt back..." he asked, trying his best to stay calm.

Odella was trembling—both with hatred at the two 'outsiders' and the fear that they instilled into the others. She had forgotten that the shirt was wrapped around her hand and jerked when Uunia had spoken about it. She unwrapped it quickly and held it out to the lycan. She caught herself looking at the lycan's neck where the collar had been pushed in so brutally.

"G-Uunia, I'm sorry. Had I know that they would send Them after the ones that did that, I never would have gotten you involved, or let you loose," she told the lycan with a gentle voice. "I've never had a problem with them. With any killing I've done before." She tried not to take notice of the chest that was visible in the moonlight. She had to admit that it wasn't that bad to look at, but she wasn't going to let herself find another. She would protect him like he had taken care of her, but she would not grow any emotions. She couldn't.

"I'm fine Odella, please calm down..." he said as he took the shirt, he looking as if he had only suffered a minor scratch at his neck and nothing to his face. His regeneration was extremely fast so he didn't care too much about the damage they were able to deal, it would almost never be enough to take him out. "And this is not the first time I got jumped...I just didn't want you to get hurt. Those vampires...that Gangrel...they were at one point of kin to us Lycans. Both of us were monsters in the eyes of vampires and humans, then tools to be used for there own deeds. "He said as he popped his neck, minding his collar.

He then looked to her as he buttoned his shirt, "Now quite giving me the mother routine and lets keep going. I know the scent now if they wanna come and say hi to us again." He said with a grin. He took her hand and lead her down the way towards a much brighter and nicer looking street. As they walked, the station was in clear sight.

Odella stopped speak and followed the lycan quickly. Her senses however were wide and alert. She would not let anyone jump them while she was alive. At least not intentionally. And it hit her about then that she had been a total coward. She had slid behind Grayfang as if she really did own him and as if he would protect her without thinking about it. She'd let him convince her to release his collar without knowing the danger. For all intents and purposes, she had been acting like the Lilith's. She shuddered at that and followed Grayfang, her head lowered as she thought. And he was right again, she had been like a mother fluttering over their fallen child. When had that part of her become unlocked again? She had locked it away when David had died, swearing never to let it out again.

Once she could see the station ahead, she maneuvered her way so that she was walking besides Uunia instead of behind him like a frightened child. she glanced down and came to a complete stop as she gasped and stared at her dress. During the fall, she had scrapped up her knees and torn a slit up the side of her blue dress. If she could have cried, she might have at that moment. "I don't think that it would be a good idea for me to go in there," She told the lycan.

"What's more important...Your dress or David's killer...?" he said in a groaning fashion. He knelt down and looked to teh scrape, he shaking his head, "And this isn't that bad...just a scratch..." he said as he inspected the damage, "What? Want daddy to kiss it all better?" he said in a joking tone as he stood back up, he then took her hand and chuckled, "Just try not to look too sexy otherwise they'll be looking at your dainty little legs rather than through the dusty old files..." he said as they were a few steps from the office, "And just say you fell...people fall...vampires fall, rarely, but they do."

As they made there way close, the building itself was on the foreboding side, it looking a bit worn from years of being in service. The place was lightly crowded, the usual scum of humans and lower end vampires and lycans were being brought in for the more petty crimes: Breaking and entering, vandalism, loitering, etc. The had a certain scent about it, though it looked dirty. The smell of metal, dankness from the cells, a large amount of coffee and blood, and an intense amount of paper filled the lycan's nose, he chuckling, "So Just who is it that we are meeting here...?"

Odella scowled at the man as she followed him into the office. "It's more of I don't want to give off the impression that I get into fights Grayfang. If you saw a woman walk in with a torn dress and a couple of scraps on her legs, wouldn't you wonder what's wrong?" she asked, though she didn't take her hand from his. It confused her--why did he insist on holding her hand? Did she truly give off the impression of being so childish that she neede to have a guide? She wanted to yank her hand away when they entered the building, but didn't when she saw the different kinds of people around her.

"Detective Gandal was the one that was police officer that was looking at the case when it happened. A pretty nice young man--for a vampire detective," she commented, her eyes flicking around. While some vampires joined the Cain's, Lilith's, or other smaller cults when they had come out of the closet so to speak, some had truly become functioning members of the community taking jobs as night police, detectives, and she knew one or two that worked for the post office as night deliverers for important politicians and businessmen. Those vampires that didn't' find the appeal to such jobs normally looked down on them. Odella couldn't care of the vampire she was talking to was pretending to be a talking bear--as long as they didn't fight her, she was happy with whatever they did with their life.

Taking the initiative this time, instead of letting the lycan lead her (again), Odella maneuvered through the desks. Smoothly she jumped onto a desk in front of a young man with dark eyes, pale skin, and blonde hair. "Lovely Detective Gandal, it has been some time," she said to the vampire.

"Ah, Miss Spring," the vampire said leaning back into his chair and pushing from the desk so that her body wasn't directly in his face--he had been bent over a folder that she now sat on. "You have accomplished in getting yourself a bodyguard dog. I do not think you need worry though. We have not found anything knew on the Trivallian case, I am sorry to say. You are...?" he asked, turning to eye the lycan with mistrust.

" You already said it, 'The guard dog'. " He said, in retort, "My name is Uunia Grayfang. Human name: Uunia Dal'brenth. If you look me up in the database you guys have you'll know that I am...rather I was a man of important status." he said calmly as he walked up beside Odella, rolling his eyes to her antics. In his former life, he was indeed quite the individual. He was the a Commander in the U.S. special forces, retired early after taking a rocket launcher blast to teh chest and shrapnel in his chest, took a job as a private security firm once his wounds healed and was attacked by Lycans. He survived the attack, and instead of being dealt with or collard in the normal fashion, his records would suddenly stop, as if he's been off the grid for the past 20 years. "And if you want to knwo where I've been, well, you can ask my superiors in Washington, but I doubt you'd get anywhere..."

Reactions: 1 person
Detective Gandal raised an eyebrow and bowed his head to the lycan, a humored smile on his face. "Do not worry. Miss Spring here would not bring a man she did not trust here. You should have seen her the first few weeks after the Trivallian case crossed my desk--in here every day asking if there had been a break. In fact she'd be the first one here when the night shift got in."

"I like you too much Gandal that I'm letting you talk about me like this." Odella said with a terrible looking grin. "Are you sure there isn't anything new? Nothing?"

"Nothing on your case, I'm sorry." Gandal said, eying those that surrounded them before rising from his seat and smiling kindly at both of them. "Come, let us talk in a more private place. Or are you just stopping by for a few moments?"

Odella slipped from the desk and turned to the desk, tracing her fingers along it as she looked at the file she had been sitting on. She might then have jsut moved on if one particular phrase caught her attention 'Vampire whore written in blood above the head'. Gandal reached around her and picked the file up and grabbed three others before taking Odella's shoulder which was as stiff as if a spider had crawled onto her hand. "Mister Dal'brenth, if you'll help Miss Odella to interview 1, I'd greatly appreciate it. Down the hall at the end. I must gather a few things before we speak." Gandal's voice was calm, but his eyes watched the vampire woman carefully with worry.

He shook his head at hearing how Odella was when she was first looking for David's killer. He completely understood why at this point, and made no motions to poke fun or berrade her abot her actions. He nodded as Gandal told him about the interrogation room and walked behind her as they made there way past the large room filled with desk space and other vampires and werewolves that seemed to be dealing with either desk work or moving new convicts to different areas of the station. He watched Gandal as he walked away, the look he had giving him an uneasy feeling but thought it best to trust the lawman for now.

He walked her into the small room with a few chairs and a table that was bolted into the floor in the middle of the room. The space was cramped, stuffy, very clean. On the wall was a one way window with a mirror face on the side they were on. On the table, a few bottles of water as well as a pencil and a blank file, most likely meant for those who went in for questioning to fill out. "This place....reminds me of a kennel..." he said with a grim look on his face, "I'd hate to have to be in here with something on my eating at my soul..." he said as he leaned back in his chair, looking to the tiled ceiling above them.

Odella was pacing. And then leaning against a wall. And then pacing again. "That file I was siting on was about another murder like that of David's." She said, her pacing becoming much like that of a wolf caught in a cage trying to claw her way out. She hated these rooms. Absolutely hated it. She had seen more than just the line about the blood writing before Gandal had taken the file away. The specifics was much like the murder of David. So familiar in fact that she had relived walking in on his dead form before the file had been taken away. Anger surged up and she turned and slammed her fist into the wall with as much force as she could. her fist left a good inch deep hole in the wall.

Still full of energy she started to pace again, this time following the walls and walking around the room. Gandal knew what this case meant to her. how could he leave her in here after seeing that file?! "Damn it, if I could just find the killer no one else would have to die," she growled and slammed her fist into the wall again. This time the dent was only 3/4th's of an inch. It hurt, but at the same time it didn't distract her from the news that the man was still out there killing others. She stared at the hole in the wall and her shoulders slumped. How was she going to catch the person now? With each moment she waited for Gandal, was another that left the bastard out there and able to kill. She turned and slid down to sit on the ground, her head in her hands. It wasn't fair.

"You're going to walk a trench in the ground..." he said as Odella paced back and forth, back and forth. It was getting to the point that he was starting to feel as if he was getting hypnotized. He started to lay his head down on the table from boredom when she struck the wall, a bit of concrete flaking off her fist as she pulled away. He startled him back up and he shook his head, he ready to bark out for her to quite it but stopped himself when she got into her slumped over position again, "Oh not this again..." he growled. He got from his chair , pulled her up and gave her a slap across her cheek, "Pull yourself together damn it!" he said as he brought his hand under her cheek and made it so that she looked to him, "You're a vampire of several hundred years, not a defenseless little girl who needs her parents to get her out of a jam...You're a damned a adult, act like it." he done with her defeatist attitude.

"How am I supposed to work with someone who breaks down all the fucking time huh? You don't see me going to pieces cause I lost my pack do you? You lost someone who was close to you, it happens, people die, but you're not the only one who's lost people to this kind of crap. I lost 5 men...five good men who I would soon call brother rather than friend and you're sniveling up cause of one." he said as he let go of her. He then sat back down and looked away from her, he grabbing one of the bottle and drinking from it heavily as someone peeked in to see if everything was alright. "...We need some water...and blood..." he said calmly to the onlooker. The person nodded and walked off to get what Uunia had asked for, the room now silent.

Odella turned to stare up at the man with the hollow eyes that she had given the bartender the night before. Turning away from him, she looked out the window, contemplating his words. She was glad she did for the slap stung as did the words. She wouldn't tell him that the slumping and the curling up were her way of releasing tension—it would sound too much like pity talk, or making excuses. Nor could she tell him that she had been imagining the worst kind of death for the bastard that had killed two people.

She glared at the wall and shuddered when she smelled the blood enter the room. When she turned she saw Ganal standing next to the person who was pushing a tray with blood and water on it in little cups. Gandal was what caught her attention though and held it. In his arms were not just two files but ten. She was standing in front of him the next second, taking the files and pouring them onto the table in the middle of the room. Her gaze ran over all of them except the one labeled 'David T.'.

Each murder was related. Each of them were more or less identical. There were three regular humans, a lycan, and not counting her David five hunter's killed with the term 'vampire whore' or other such derogative marks written in their own blood above their head. All ten had been found by their Vampire lovers.

"There were some that happened before David in other cities. Most of the rest has happened in the last two or three months. Most of them have been hunters that had vampire lovers or worked closely with vampires," Gandal explained to the room, more for Uunia's benefit and the female vampire.

"Ten cases and you still don't know who it is?" Odella asked frowning at the papers.

"None. None of the victims ever had anything to do with each other. At least none that we can see." Gandal answered before taking a cup of blood and offering it to Odella that tok it and drank it down without thinking.

She gagged a little as B- ran down her throat. And then she felt the other part of the drink. She should have smelled the blasted stuff before she'd gulped it down. She grabbed her throat and stared at Gandal, a scream of pain caught in her throat that was burning from a tiny does of holy water. It wasn't enough to permanently damage her, but it hurt none the less. She stumbled away from the table, her gaze on Gandal and then at the human that pushed the cart. It could have been either.

"Ten cases and still no leads...?" said Uunia as he took one of the waters, "That's a bit hard to believe, and even if that is the case, with so many dead and in the same fashion, this would have gone to a much higher branch, possibly the FBI." he said as he was about to take a sip of the water when he stopped just short of his lips. He sniffed the cup as Odella was drinking hers, he smelled a high concentration of silver. He then looked into his cup and saw the silver droplets of silver nitrate waving in the cup. "What the- Odella don't!" he called out but it was too late, she was already gagging from her own drink. With the apparent attempt on both of there lives, he charged to two of them, he rushing in so fast that neither had time to pull a gun or run out.

He grabbed them both by there necks, his body trying its best to change but his collar keeping him stuck in human form. He did however manage to increase hi muscle density enough that not even an over charged stun-gun would put a dent in him, "Alright...which of you if not both, loves doing deadly practical jokes, cause if I don't get an answer, this room's getting a new coat of red paint." He growled as the collar at his neck threatened to snap under the tension as well as his eyes went glossed over rage.