Revenge is Sweeter than Blood

"So you are like a lycan pumped up on steroids. Interesting," Odella said as she passed the nicer building and kept walking. She couldn't stay in a place like that if she wanted her privacy. Too many vampires or other rich people lived in places like that. She didn't want her presence to be known. Instead she continued on down the road until they had reached an building filled with office buildings. This one she entered and waved to the guard who nodded and waved the two of them through before locking the doors again. He eyed the stranger that followed Odella but didn't say anything since she seemed to know he followed her.

"I don't remember hearing about it--but like I said, I don't have circles, nor do I care what other vampires do. I'm only interested in one thing Grayfang. Well, more like three things I suppose," She told him as she pressed the up button on one of the elevators and pulled out a key from the front of her dress. She didn't seem to care that she was giving him a perfect view--seeing as he was taller than her--of her bosom as she dug around her bra for the key. When she had it out she stepped into the elevator and held it open for him. "Get in. The loft's up a few floors and I really don't feel like taking the stairs."

As she held the door open she slipped the key into a slot on the elevator panel next to the number 24. She dropped her shoes after she'd twisted the key and stepped back to lean against the bar that was in the elevator.

"Steroids is the general term...but yeah, enhanced, gifted, whatever. I was guenea pig and it sucked all the same." he said as he leaned against the side of the other elevator door he moving the hair that was in his face after he removed the hood. He didn't turn away as she dove for her key, he not the most tactful, then again he only a pleausre when he wanted to be. "But I'm surprised you don't do a little circle searching. It's how information is passed. And if you're searching for something, doesn't mean you have to get all freindly with them. Just have to go along with what they do just long enough to get what you need." he said as she held the door for him.

He walked into the elevator and snarled, "Ugh...I hate these things....so inclosed...metal little boxes...if someone didn't like you they'd just cut the line..." he said as he sat down in the corner, pulling his hood up. He truly hated such things, they reminding him of the testing chambers he had to deal with some many miles away. "This thing is fast isn't it?" he said, trying to hide his nervousness.

"As fast as they come," she said, watching him out of the corner of her eye. The Elevator dinged shut and started to rise. a minute or so later the doors dinged open and revealed a large free space before them. She picked up her shoes and pulled the key free as she walked forward into the apartment-loft area. The entrance led into a large living room with sparse furniture--a couch, a coffee table and a tv. She entered the area and flopped onto the couch, pulling her feet up so that she could examine her feet.

If one were to explore they would see an equally sparse bedroom with a wardrobe and a bed, and a kitchen with little food or cooking instruments.

She dug with sharp nails at the pieces of glass that had been smashed into her feet. She was merciless upon herself, seeming to hold the same grudge against the glass as she had against the rest of the immortal world and humans. She was thinking about his explanation of the circle searching.

"You have to remember, that most vampires are very anti-Odella Spring at the moment," she muttered as her finger dug an especially annoying piece of glass out of the balls of her feet. "Come in, find a place you'd like to sleep, figure out what you want to eat and I'll call out for it. There are better clothes than that in the bedroom wardrobe. Just stick out of the box at the bottom of it. Those are off limits." If she had been thinking properly she would have just kept quiet about the stupid box.

He dared not move till the doors open, and when they did, he was out on all fours, he rushing out and snarling at the elevator, "Damn piece of human filth..." he snarled as he rose to his feet and looked about. He wandered about the apartment and looked at her well it was kept he nodded as she gave him leeway to his do's and don'ts and said nothing of the boxes. He was more concerned about food. Granted the human he had was ok, it left him with a bad taste in his mouth. He looked in the fridge and sighed. Not much meat but it would have to do. He pulled out what seemed to be raw steak but it was cold. He looked about and saw the cooking wear and started immediately to cook the steak a little to a way he liked it when he was human.

As he started to cut away the fat and pull out an aray of spices, he spoke aloud, "So...this er...Dennis or Davey was it? Was he special or something? You choked up when you said his name...he the one you lookin for?" he said as he pulled off the jacket and slid the fat into a waste bin.

By the time that he had explored and had started to cook the steak, she had finished her cleaning off her feet and was moving around leaving partially bloody foot prints in her wake. She would clean them later she had decided. She moved into the kitchen and pulled out a pack of blood before stopping and putting it back as the over sized man spoke about David. She swallowed a snarl back and simply jumped up onto the counter to watch the food being cooked. It had been a while since she had watched any real food being cooked and David had preferred take out Chinese to actually cooking.

"It is David and no, I'm not looking for him. He was a human and died about five months ago." she said softly, wrinkling her nose as she smelled the steak, "Disgusting. How can--Nevermind. It's the same with all foods I suppose. I never had been a steak eater when I was human to begin with. Mother thought meat would put too much fat on me. Maybe if I had a little meat on my bones my sire would have looked passed me and found another, not that I care any more." She jumped down lightly and padded out of the kitchen and into the bedroom. Without a care in the world she changed into a light green sun dress and wandered back in to sit at the counter, playing with a knife she had supplied herself from her bedroom. It was long and sharp and full silver. Stupid, but still an interesting weapon--the last make up present from David that she had received.

"What does it matter who David was?" she asked, her voice hitching at his name though she pushed through it. She hadn't spoken David's name so much in the last five months. it had become an almost taboo word for her. Here she had said it what? Almost ten, fifteen times in one day?

"If the human means nothing then why does saying his name bother you so?" he said he let the steak sizzle in a very large pan, covered in various spices. As it cooked, the smell of it cooking filled the kitchen as he eyed the knife she had brought with her, he knowing it was silver just from the sheen. He didn't need her coming at him with that, so he chose his words carefully, "I jest of course, it bothers you. You grew close to him...and from how choked up you are, you were sad to see him go. It must have been one hell of an ordeal..." he said as he made sure the steak didn't burn, he flipping it and pour in more spices. "And what's wrong with meat? Nothing that's what. It's good for growing men and beasts. And you only get fat from eating it wrongly prepared food..." he said as he smoothed his hair back, he getting more relaxed.

She hadn't even thought about how the knife might effect the lycan. She had been too interested in the design on the blade and handle to care that it was very harmful to him. Odella smiled at the knife and put it down in front of her to run her finger tip over the designs. The smile was sad but deadly.

"It bother's me because the Cains and the Lilith's could care less if he was killed or by whom. David was murdered by a human. He was the first human that I let live with me longer than a month. The longest actually. Even when he started to age I thought maybe if I could talk him around--" She stopped and frowned at the knife. Her next movements were quick. She picked the knife up and threw it as hard as she could at a black and white picture that was located next to the refrigerator of a man in his mid-thirties. He looked strong and was smiling like a fool. The knife shattered the glass and went straight through his forehead.

"But he was so damned stubborn about remaining human. Gods he was stubborn," she said, her temporary anger issue falling away. Maybe it was the brandy playing with her. "Please, Grayfang, don't bring David up again. All you need know of him is that he's the reason I hunt down humans. I have to find the murdering bastard that killed him. I have to know why he went after David."

"Alright, as long as the house of flying daggers stays a movie and not an incident..." he said another piece of glass shattered on to the floor, he shaking his head. "But you are right, humans are a bit strange, but we were humans once...to some degree." he spoke as he flipped the steak, listening to the sizzle as he found her to be an even more curious being than before. "Then again...it was bound to happen, like a mouse in the presence of snakes...he was doomed to be feasted upon." he said darkly as he looked back to her with a blank gaze. "Whatever protection you gave him only delayed what was yet to come."

"Would it shock you to know that it wasn't a lycan or a vampire that killed David?" the vampiress asked, hoping down from her stool and going to a cabinet next to the stove. She frowned at the digital lock on the door for a moment before it disappeared and she punched in the number. Opening the door she pulled out a bottle of dark liquid and slammed the door shut behind her as she turned and went to the fridge and grabbed a blood bag. Then she collected a glass and jumped up to sit on the counter after setting the things she had down.

Sitting next tot he cooking lycan she proceeded to mix the two liquids--blood and alcohol-- into the glass, mixing it with a spoon that she acquired from the drawer behind her legs. She started to kick her legs back and forth like a kid that was bored. As she did so she dumped the glass of alcoholic blood back and swallowed slowly, letting the O blood slide its way down her throat. "What were you before you were caught and changed, or however you became what you are? What did you do?" she asked as she began to mix another glass full, using the remainder of the blood bag.

There was a certain gratification from the alcohol and blood. It made her fizz inside like a child with Pop Rocks, but it also lifted her away temporarily from all the pain, betrayal, hatred, that tainted her immortal life. She should have gotten over David already. After all, thirty years wasn't that long in the grand scheme of her immortality. And the Grayfang was right, there was only so much she could have protected him from. Thirty years was a long time as a vampire's lover. Longer than most ever survived. But she hadn't ever drank from him. He'd been semi-safe because he had B blood and she had never been fond of that blood. He'd introduced her to dancing that she hadn't even thought was possible. He'd--

Her green eyes closed and she hopped down from the counter to go grab another blood pack. If she started thinking about him it meant she wasn't drunk enough. She walked as straight as she could though she did waver a little. The ten drinks from earlier were compounding with the alcohol that she was having now. "Gods it isn't enough," she grumbled and yanked open the fridge door.

"Human's killing humans? Oh yeah...I'm shocked..." he said in an overly sarcastic sort of way, "Humans have been killing humans since one was smart enough to pick up something heavy and bash someone over the head with it. It's almost never a surprise when someone goes Cain on some poor Able." he said as he gripped the handle of the skillet and grabbed a nearby by plate, letting the meat slide onto the plate. He looked down at his work and breathed in the scent, "AH...smells heavenly..." he said as he looked about for a knife without silver. "But I can say if you kept him alive long enough for you to miss him, you must have been careful- AH HA! There were are." he said as he found a knife he could touch and went to sit next to her, he slice the meat with the knife and forming his hand into a paw, his nails becoming claws and used his claw as a fork.

He noticed as Omedlla started to drink more and more as they spoke of this David. He shook his head and spoke up, "You may be immortal but even your kind can't handle and endless river. You might wanna slow down..." he said as he placed a large squre of steak into his mouth and chewed it slowly, savoring his meal rather than gobbling it down like before.

Odella sighed as she pulled out the next blood bag and slammed the fridge shut again. He was right of course. The alcohol would eventually hit her hard and she'd regret drinking it all. She just didn't seem to care though. opening the blood bag she mixed the next drink. This time she drank it slower so that it lasted her a few minutes. In those minutes she thought about what he had said. When she'd finished the glass she spoke.

"Thirty years and he never got attacked. I thought that if I went away for a time--I wanted to go to Rome and he didn't--that he'd be fine. We talked every day in some form or another while I was over there. Until my tenth day over, and then all communication stopped. I figured he was just tired, or was busy finding a job. Three days later I hoped a plane back and found him lying there on the floor with his blood spelling 'Vampire's whore' over his head on the wall. The Lilith's wouldn't help me track the human down. The Cain's laughed in my face. Told me that human's killing other humans wasn't any of their problem and I should just get over the idiot human. "

Her words were hollow as she stared at her glass. Why was she telling this man that? Why was she spilling her search to a man she didn't even know? She frowned and glared at the glass. She put the glass down before she started to throw things again. "You can take the bed or the couch. I'll be on the right side of the bed, but I really don't care where you sleep. Hell, I don't really care what you do." She walked over to where the picture of the human was. She yanked the knife out and took the picture down. If one paid close enough attention they would notice that her hands trembled as she touched the shattered glass and photo underneath. Then she turned and threw it into the trash.

She walked back to where her glass was and picked it up, her green eyes half-closed as she stared into it's depths. "I couldn't care if you killed me," she muttered before turning to wash the glass. "Your collar is on the table before the television. Put it on, keep it off, whatever suits your fancy." Placing the glace upside down on the counter she moved to sit at the counter again and placed her head down on her arms as if she were going to sleep there even though it was still a few hours before dawn.

Grayfang couldn't believe how much information this vampire was giving up. Maybe it was the alcohol maybe it was a heavy amount of guilt, but he couldn't do any better if he read her diary. He at first didn't give a damn about the guy, humans kill humans after all, but after she gave up a few specifics, he became a little curios. The length of there peace was rather long, almost too long. Most humans would have been attacked while under the care of a vampire, just to make the vamp realize that they were just delaying the end for them. It was as if someone might have been saving them, but it was only a hunch he had.

He was going to ask further, but he thought it best to just shut up about it. She was too boozed up for questioning and way too emotional. He finished his steak quietly as she told him that she didn't care what he did. He chewed the last few bits and swallowed as she seems to just lay against the counter, looking asleep. "Talk about a river drinker..." he said as he covered his hyper sensitive nose. He rose from his spot and went about to clean the dish and was his claws. He then washed his face and took a quick drink of water to wash everything down. He then took it upon himself to check the places he could sleep as well as clothes for the next day sense he figured he'd be hanging with her for a while.

He found the stash of clothes that looked to have been left for her past human. he grumbled, seeing as how they all were way to old for him in looks, "I always hated formal where and this guy had it in spades..." he said with a great sigh. He pulled out a few T-shirts and one that looked about his feel. He layed it out on a table and then went about looking to the places he could sleep. He felt the bed couch, and was already walking on the carpeted floor. He preferred the bed but it smelled of her and was VERY dark from the thick black-out curtains. He sat on the bed for a time, thinking if she was really worth delving into. Her story was sound, and with what she was going to be getting into, he'd be full every day from eating humans, but this strange incident with this David character had even him thinking. It was all too odd...something wasn't being said or maybe a few details were overlooked but something about his story didn't sit right with him. "Guess I'll have to hang out and see..." he said as he went back to the kitchen, seeing her half asleep and dazed from the booze.

"Geeze...even when I was human I hated this part...alright lady, up and you go..." he said as he took it upon himself to carry her to her room. He easily scooped her up and made his way to the bed, he laying her down as felt the nightgown against his bare chest. It felt soft, as if there wasn't much keeping them from touching, though the sensation was odd sense her body was cold to the touch. Once he placed her down, he stretched a little and decided to change into a much more home friendly form. He popped his neck and made his body transform once more, this time, when it was over, he was the size of your average wolf, almost exactly like one save a mark on his muzzle and the bright yellow eyes. He hopped up on the bed and wrapped his tail about his body, keeping close to Odella but not touching. He figured if he was to partner with her, he'd act like she were just another of his pack, and stay by her side...at least for now.

The vampire hadn't fallen asleep as she lay there, her head on her hands. Simply closing her eyes never put her to sleep. She listened to him grumble about river drinkers and formal clothes and she couldn't help but grin a little. David had been extremely formal for a time when less clothes, or tight clothes, were the fashion. What she didn't expect though was that he would come back to get her. She jerked to full attention as she felt the large arms pick her up. No one had done this in a long time to her and it felt odd.

Her body was stiff against his as he moved them into the bedroom. He was so warm that it was frightening to the vampire. She hadn't felt this warmth since she had slept with David. She was about to push away, to jump out of his grasp and walk the rest of the way to her bed by herself when she plopped down on the bed. Odella watched the wolf-man carefully as he went to his own side of the bed and hopped on as a wolf. It wasn't the same half-wolf-half-man like creature that had torn the humans to shreds. It looked like a regular wolf. She shifted in her place to watch the wolf with half-closed eyes. She hadn't expected him to do any of this. She had expected to have to walk in here herself after the headache started because he would already be asleep. Or maybe he would just kill her instead? All of those were possibilities that she had been ready to accept--at least while in her drunken state. She could smell her own alcohol covered body and she could bet that the wolf was able to smell it as well.

She reached out after the wolf had stopped shifting. Her cold hand touched the area between the wolves ears. It slowly moved down the wolves neck. She had never seen a wolf before--not a real one at least, and the last canine creature she had encountered had been a regular dog that had tried to bite her hand off. She waited for that reaction, her hand hovering in the middle of the gap between herself and the wolf. "Sorry," she breathed, turning away from the wolf and curling up into a ball.

David had laughed when he had seen how she slept. "I thought all vampires slept as if they were in a coffin, on their backs with their hands crossing their chest!" he had jested the next day when she'd awoke and uncurled. "But you look like a little cat that's just had a kitty nap." As she thought of those words she curled tighter into a ball and shut her eyes.

"Good day to you, Grayfang," she muttered.

"Evening..." he called back out as he felt her hand hovering above his head. He was used to being pet in this form, the safest way to be around humans, especially those who just figured him to be a rather large dog. He flicked his tail back and forth as he expected the touch but it never came. He watched as she curled up into the little ball and wish him goodnight, he letting his ears lower as he didn't get the pet. He sighed and fell asleep, the sun starting to creep up on the outside but the room remaining quite dark.

As the hours passed, he dreamed of his time with the vampire gangs. The Cains wanting him dead after the loss of one of there own. He remembered his how he cleaved off the vampire's head and how the Lillith's praised him for his bloodshed and how he and his pack razed the lab to the ground. He then thought of the Lillith's, how they used him for there killing and crime sprees, how they tethered him in there hide out for there sick orgies. He then thought of the order that first captured him, the gray order, who saw his kind as a species that could be studied and used to once again protect vampire kind. He hated the lot of them, and in his sleep, he murred about, wanting the dreams of his actions to end, the pain he had caused and the damage that had been done to him. It was only after an hour that he lay still, he thinking of the time before his capture.

He laid there till sunset was a few hours away. As he awoke, he had forgotten he was in a bed and looked about, taking in everything around him. He licked his maw and sniffed about, he moving up to Odella who might still be asleep. He sniffed at her and then the sheets, he still smelling the human's scent in them. He then hopped off the bed and padded out into the main room, he looking out one of the windows as the sun hid behind a far off building, he wagging his tail panting like any dog would as he continued to explore the apartment while there was still light out.

Odella slept in darkness at first. Then the scene from the alleyway came to her minds eye. The way the wolfman tore at the humans, the beauty in how the blood splayed around them. And then David was there, looking at her with those mournful eyes. "Why Odel? Why did you return to what you were before? Why didn't you stay the way i taught you to be?" He was asking as the lycan came up behind him and then clawed him to pieces. She sat up straight as a board, her eyes wide with held in fright. Had her heart still been pumping, she would have heard it bang away in her chest. But instead she heard the panting of a dog in another room. It was almost sunset. She grabbed one of cloaks and stepped off the bed, holding the dark material against her skin and around her face.

She followed the sound of the panting, though she wavered a little in her walk. The Alcohol was just starting to make her head pound when she found her house guest. She watched him from under her covers. A wall of glass overlooked the setting sun separated the young woman from the wolf. She took several steps back so that if the sun shifted, it would not catch her skin. 'So I take it since I am not torn to shreds, that you wish to be a guest here in my house?" She asked, her voice soft and beckoning. She would not be able to roam her house until the sun went down and she hated talking to creatures that could go into the sun without burning when the sun was out. It reminded her just how weak her people were.

"I thought I told you, your kind taste terrible..." he said as he padded up to her, he rubbing his side against her leg, "Besides, you honored our agreement and I don't see you as a threat. I won't attack you anytime soon." he said as he padded away to change back into his human form, he grabbing one of the few pairs of jeans that David had owned and a black button down short sleeve shirt. It fit him rather well as he walked back into view, his hair still a wild mess but he looked a bit cleaner with these clothes on. He walked back out to the main room and sat down at the couch, he yawning a little. "So, how'd you sleep? As good as I did?" he said as he tried his best to smooth his hair back, a soft looking smile on his face.

"You wouldn't need to taste me to tear me to shreds and you know it," Odella had muttered when he moved away. Left to her own devices again she draped the cloak over her body so that she could move passed the windows and into the darker living room where she curled up on the couch, draping herself under the cape again as the sun found ways to enter the room. When she heard the mass of the man moving around towards the living room she uncovered her head enough to see him enter.

Seeing him there in David's clothes tore at her. Instead of letting him see it on her face, she covered her head again, ready to claim the headache was killing her should he ask. Instead he sat down next to her on the couch and asked about her sleep. "Sleep is never easy for one that live as long as us. Unless one is a true sadistic person or they have no regrets," she said sadly before curling up again, as if she were going to go back to sleep. Only this time she just sat there. The headache was starting to get bad.She groaned as her head throbbed. "Gods why did they have to make alcohol have a bite after tasting so good?" she demanded of her house--not used any more to having it respond to her.

He chuckled at her comment about the drinking she had done the previous night, he shaking his head, "For every good feeling, there's bound to be something bad to come next. And you my new friend, drank quite a lot. You should stick to a human's consumption..." he said as he stretched, he still a little groggy from his rest. "I'd hate to have to deal with a drunken vampire. They might take a bite out of me and realize that I don't really taste the same." he said as he got up and went to the fridge, "And before you get any ideas, I'm AB-. " he said as he scrounged around. "If you ever want a taste, just warn me first."

After a bit of looking he thought it best to get something aside from meat. He pulled out a few veggies and olive oil to make some stir-fry. He then looked over to her and chuckled, "Sorry that I can't make vampire food...aside from the blood from my veins. Not my specialty." he said with a chuckle, hoping to get a grin out of her for once, "Oh...and if you want...and if you ask nicely, I can probably help you find the one that killed this...David guy." he said as he poured all the ingredients in a skillet and turned on the stove, he filling the room with the smell of fresh ingredients, something that Grayfang enjoyed more than the thrill of fighting. "Sorta wish you could eat this, I'm actually a damned good cook."

Odella listened to the skillet sizzle and sighed. "So do I, Uunia, so do I," she said when he spoke about eating the food. She shocked herself by using his first name. No, no, she couldn't use mens first name. That was off limits! She curled tighter into a ball on the couch before throwing off the cape and marching towards the fridge. She pulled it open and took a blood bag. Anger seeped off the vampire as she stomached around, getting a mug that said 'World's Worst Vampire' on it with a sun shape on it. She ripped open the bag and groaned as the bag's contents went flying over the counter and her green dress.

The blood's iron-like smell joined that of the stir-fry and Odella kicked the counter before swearing again as she hit the counter with her unguarded toes. She was now standing in a pool of blood that was yelling at her attention. It felt like something was dragging her attention around and trying to force her to get on her hands and knees to lick the blood before it went away while her other more mature self told her to simply get it cleaned up before she lost control. Instead of doing either she just slumped to the ground and cupped her face in her bloody hands. Then she scratched her hair, leaving bloody streaks in it. If vampires could cry, she would have been at that moment. "Sorry, I'll get this cleaned up soon," she grumbled as she got on her hands and knees instead of standing and crawled to the place under the sink.

"So I saw you didn't put your collar back on," she said, trying to sound conversational as her head banged loudly and her hands found the towel that would help her clean up the mess.

He looked to her as he stirred the veggies and sighed, it was a sad sight to see and he hated to see someone look so depressed. Rather than answer her he took her arm and stood her up, "Go, get yourself clean. I'll take care of it." he said calmly as he took the towel and started to wipe up the blood. "And as for my collar I hate that thing. Hurts to put on but keeps me human when I need to be in control. I'll place it on when we leave." he said as he took the blood soaked towel and wrung it out in the nearby sink. The smell mixed with his food made his head swim a bit but he dealt with it as best he could.

He then went back to his food, stirring it up as he added more seasonings and called out to her, he able to hear her movement and voice through out the place, "I'm trying to learn to live without it. If we are going somewhere safe this eve, then I'll see about leaving it. If not, I'll have to ask you to put it on. It's a thing I have about putting spike i my neck..." he said with a chuckle.