"Do you really think I'd go near her in a romantic way? She's pretty, that's about it. I imagine she's a vapid waste of a life. Besides, why would I want her when I have you, hm? She's basic and an assistant; you're handsome and the mayor. And my best friend. I think the choice is clear, so your insecurity about it is ridiculous," he casually replied, sitting on the edge of the tub carefully before smirking up at him. Given he was usually so cold, this was incredibly uncharacteristic of him, but the combination of the alcohol and discovering his feelings for Philip made it practically impossible to stay his usually deadpan self.

"You know, nothing makes me happier than having my ego stroked," he purred as he took Aubyn's cheek with his own, slowly running his fingers down his cheek affectionately. This was the one thing he had obsessed with for most of his life, after all, and he had never imagined it to come true... granted, he knew that his best friend would most likely regret it in the morning, but he wanted to savor the moment as best as possible.

"Like I said, I'm keeping her around just until I'm done using her father," he reassured coolly, "I don't expect her to be around longer than another six months. I'll have her tossed in the local dump."

Aubyn and alcohol, as amusing as the consequences on the usually robotic man were, probably didn't mix particularly well. He wasn't used to waking up with hangovers, after all, so when he awoke the next morning feeling like death, he vowed never to get drunk again.

Especially when he woke with most his memory blurred and no idea why he was laid in bed beside his best friend, unclothed and pretty sore. Saying that, he wasn't an idiot; he knew something must have happened given the situation he was in. He just didn't... have the full recollection of doing much after the restaurant.

"...Philip, fucking wake up," he mumbled roughly, rubbing his throat once painfully discovering how sore it was, presumably from the loud laughing and shouting he'd done the whole night at the restaurant. That, he remembered doing.

Buried under the thick duvet, the mayor has practically no real reaction to the previous night of intense drinking, being a seasoned pro and whatnot. When - reluctantly - waking up, Philip forced back the urge to smile in amusement at the scene. Resting his head in his hand, he let out a tired yawn as he briefly eyed up the other's state.

"Good morning," he greeted quietly as to appease the very slight pounding in his head. "Did you sleep well? I would hope so, this was the first time you were given the opportunity to sleep on a proper bed."

Aubyn didn't like being called cute; it was one of many adjectives he took offence to. However, he was pretty cute in that moment, sitting up in confusion in the bed with his hair tussled and a small, bewildered pout on his lips as he both attempted to piece together fragments from the night before, and cease the headache in his head and behind his eyes.

"What happened last night?" He stoically mumbled, the deadpan delivery he was characterised by now returning, in contrast to the relaxed behaviour he developed whilst drunk. "I remember being at the restaurant and acting like a buffoon. Why you allowed me to get that drunk is... despicable, quite frankly. I...I must have looked ridiculous."

"You did," he admitted simply as he ran his free hand through his hair, clearly unaffected by the deadpan response, as was normal. In contrast, though, he couldn't help but grin wickedly before slowly sitting up.

"It was nice, though, to see you laughing and giggling," he cooed teasingly as he bit his lip, his cheeks growing rosy. "Are you Alright? I know you've never had a drink before, so I know all the precautions."

Groaning loudly at the confirmation that he'd 'laughed and giggled', he held his head in his hands in genuine horror. He wanted to rebuild his reputation and return to the top of society. He was sure that some people in that classy restaurant might have recognised him, and to be seen drunk and making a fool of himself really wasn't how he wanted to be known.

"...My head hurts. I... I'm not entirely sure I remember everything. I assume we... did things,," he continued quietly, awkwardly fiddling with the quilt in an attempt to hide himself a little more, however redundant that was given they'd showered together naked. He just... didn't remember that. "How... far did we... Philip, I don't remember any of this. I'm freaking out. Just-- Just tell me, okay?"

"I don't remember much after the shower, but what I do know was that it was amazing," he admitted with a purr, fat to happy to really grow upset as he eased into the bed, much preferring to just cuddle up to the other and sleep. Taking Aubyn's chin to have him focus, he leaned in to offer a careful kiss to the other's forehead, his light affection complete contrast to his usual partners.

"Look, relax. You're clearly hungover - let me get you some proper breakfast in bed, yeah? I've got some effective home remedies to fix that right up," he reassured with a pout before moving to roll out of bed,

"Hungover? Obviously, don't point out the blatantly obvious all the time. I'm tired, I'm grumpy, my head hurts, I'm confused-- I apparently had sex last night and I can't remember, so yes, it's all bewilderingly confusing for me right now," responded Aubyn. Regardless of the barrage of adjectives that left his lips, being 'annoyed' or 'regretful' wasn't one of them. He barely made any effort to leave his position in bed, either - he stayed sat where he was, even in the knowledge that he was naked beside his best friend.

Frankly, as limited as his memory was, the realisation that he'd had sex with Philip didn't bother him too much. The lack of memory did, but the act itself barely really troubled him. Perhaps it should, given how critical he was of sex most the time, but it really didn't concern him all that much in this instance.

Truthfully, he was sort of glad that his first time had been with Philip. That way, he wasn't going to regret it. Had it been a random loser, he'd be mournful and angry about it the rest of his life, but Philip wasn't someone he'd ever feel embarrassed about being close to.

"...Breakfast sounds nice, actually. Assuming you're making it? I... haven't got it in me to leave the bed right now, I might vomit if I move an inch."