Reign of Winter: A Pathfinder Chronicle

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
When are we planning on starting? *doesn't want to miss it*

Don't think so. I have still yet to calc everything. Been busy

I will pump electricity into this thread if it threatens to die. -_-

Sorry, been busy these last few days. Hence the quiet on the GM front.

AS FOR WHEN WE'RE STARTING, we could probably do next Tuesday if that date is still working for people. We'll need to figure out the timing so it works for errybody, since we're a cross-continental crowd and all that.

Speaking of crowds, I'm getting a little twitchy about the size of the party. Reign Of Winter is optimised for a four man party, and we're currently looking at around eight or nine players. I'm cranking up the CR rating of encounters to compensate, but this volume of players can slow down the game a bit if we go by past experiences on Roll20 (seriously, ask Asmo about it sometime and watch him break down screaming). I'm willing to give it a shot for a couple sessions, though, see if we can make it work or if we need to find some sort of workaround.

Aka, if you live, you can stay. ;D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Reactions: Silver
Sorry, been busy these last few days. Hence the quiet on the GM front.

AS FOR WHEN WE'RE STARTING, we could probably do next Tuesday if that date is still working for people. We'll need to figure out the timing so it works for errybody, since we're a cross-continental crowd and all that.

Speaking of crowds, I'm getting a little twitchy about the size of the party. Reign Of Winter is optimised for a four man party, and we're currently looking at around eight or nine players. I'm cranking up the CR rating of encounters to compensate, but this volume of players can slow down the game a bit if we go by past experiences on Roll20 (seriously, ask Asmo about it sometime and watch him break down screaming). I'm willing to give it a shot for a couple sessions, though, see if we can make it work or if we need to find some sort of workaround.
Would it help if we split the party into two groups? Or would that not work?

Would it help if we split the party into two groups?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!1

Correct. Unless one of the parties travels to attend the Annual Adolescent Tarrasque Meat and Greet.

Rule One: NEVER split the party.

Oh...okies. noted. I apologize for the uneducated suggestion. v.v

These are both things we've tried in the past when we had giant-ass groups.

It... really didn't work out so well.

Well, I thought it was funny as fuck. But I wasn't the one running it.

*points to the gibbering, screaming mess in the corner that is Asmodeus*

He was.

nono

I GOT IT

*opens a armoire that has a trail of blood leading to a door that's obviously been left ajar*

• Love
Reactions: Tegan
Hello I only just found this thread. I am in pathfinder society and I would like to join your thread

Party's getting a bit big now Zadok. It's not my call, but I don't know how you'd feel about joining a party of 10.

Hello I only just found this thread. I am in pathfinder society and I would like to join your thread

Sorry dude, it's like Lucius said. I'm already freaking out a little bit about the volume of players I might be having to deal with in this game, and I think anymore might just break the camel's back.

I'm hoping to get a forum-based Pathfinder game going soon, though. Can totally message you about that when that springs up, if you like?