Red VS Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, in the Warp Gates...

A strange alien figure materialized in the gate. It stepped out and began looking around, until a security guard walked up. The alien showed an ID pass and the guard let him through. He walked in the direction of the barracks and when he was sure that no one was looking, he activated his cloaking field and headed for the Barracks, with another cloaked figure stalking not far behind...

Danny, who was still leaning up from on his back, cocked his scaly eyebrows and gave the shotgun guy a funny look as he left the arcade. "Buzzkill," he glumly muttered. The other Danny didn't seem to be much of a 'fun' guy from what the blue dragon could tell. Feeling slightly discouraged and with everyone else gone, he decided to leave for the night as well and hauled himself upwards, heading for the lobby. It had been quite a day, and even hyperactive creatures such as himself needed rest once in awhile.

-----

Upon entering the lobby, Crystal had rented a room and, of course, asked for as much pillows as they could muster. This fight was going to be nuts, but in a very, very good way. What moves should she use first? Elemental, or melee? It was true that she used to have pillows fights with her friends one in awhile, so the shape-shifter saw this as a chance to reconcile with closer times. However, she was a little disappointed that no one else wanted to come... but then again, more people participating would make winning harder, and the cyan dragoness certainly intended to win. It was all in good fun, of course, and from there she patiently stood on her hind legs whilst holding a pillow, ready to unleash a feathered-filled attack on Drehvir when he entered the room.

-----

Still chained and locked behind impenetrable walls stood Zein, whose usual red eyes were dimmed to grey and no longer glowing. His arms were crossed in a rather defensive position and his head was tipped downward, causing the silver spikes that ran along his neck to stand on end. At first glance he would've appeared to be ill or possibly even dead, just standing there, but soft, nearly indistinguishable breaths quietly emitted from behind his mask, signifying that the monster was indeed still alive somewhere in there. The cybernetic raptor was simply asleep.

"No fair! I don't know my way around this place like you do!" said Drehvir as he walked into the room.

-----

The alien entered Zein's chamber while still cloaked and began searching for the controls to his cell. All while the other figure was still stalking it. Oooh I wonder what's going on here?, the human thought, Sunolkif, search my databases to figure out who that bloke is. Yes, of course, his AI replied, It appears to be a Hyungorean bounty hunter by the name of Nerumir. He's currently hunting down Jazek. Interesting, the human thought.

A mass of feathers slammed down on Drehvir, covering him in fluff. A direct hit and a satisfying success! Crystal couldn't help but grin at this ridiculous sight; she might've been the first dragon to witness a down-covered Xhokwe. "Who said it was going to be fair?" she teased, and then burst into laughter. The cyan dragoness looked forward to getting to know her Lunar ally better, whether if it's through talk or pillow combat, though hopefully he could put up a good fight. Pulling herself together, she then waited to see how he was going to react.

-----

It didn't take much to grab the raptor's attention, and the sound of footsteps was no exception. As Nerumir drew closer (though still unseen), Zein's ears flickered from picking up the sound and his eyes flashed back to life, waking up. Was it Safudor, perhaps? The human said that he would come back later to 'visit' him, so it seemed like a good possibility. And, although he would never admit it aloud, the cybernetic bird was looking forward to it. Gazing across the room and past the forcefield, he searched for any signs of a new face, but oddly enough didn't see a thing. This inadvertently caused him to convey a look of confusion... What was going on?

Drehvir tried to rush at Crystal and grab a pillow, but he slipped on the fluff left behind by her sneak attack, causing him to fall flat on his back. "Ouch" he said.

-----

Nerumir de-cloaked. "I heard you're good at killing. I have an offer for you. Interested?" the Hyungorean asked. I'm about to have a lot of fun with these two, the human thought.

Crystal simply smiled and rolled her eyes. She then grabbed another pillow and, still half-standing on her hind legs, reached out her free arm in a gesture to help Drehvir up. She intended to hit him with another pillow once he was back on his feet, of course, but that wouldn't stop her from being polite (and yet somewhat mean) about it.

-----

Zein's eyes slightly widened with surprise upon Nerumir revealing himself. This wasn't Safudor at all-- no, this alien was unfamiliar to him, and yet he was asking about an offer. At this point the raptor would listen to just about anything, especially if it meant that he could get someone to free him. "An offer?" he began, eyes slightly narrowing. "Perhaps... let me out of here first, and we'll talk about it. In case you haven't noticed, I don't really like the situation that I'm in right now." Of course, the cybernetic bird had little to no intention of doing dirty work for someone he barely knew, but who knows? It might be worth it, and he was willing to at least hear the alien out.

On the way up, Drehvir grabbed a pillow and smacked Crystal in the side of the head with it. "Ha, take that!" he happily exclaimed.

-----

Nerumir looked to the controls and released Zein. "I need you to help me kill Jazek. If we succeed, I can grant you permission to operate in Hyungorean space to enact your plans. We would also like to see the dragons gone, as they will likely get in our way when we conquer the Galaxy. And, I'll help you kill Crystal while we're here." he offered.

The pillow flapped Crystal right in the face, sending forth a spray of feathers that got caught in her crest. Then unpleasant specks easily stuck to her porcupine-like hairspikes, though she didn't bother trying to pluck them out. "Oh, so that's how you want to play it? Going to get a little dirty, are we?" she remarked to his attack, having hit her while she was helping him up. The cyan dragoness then jumped over and landed onto the bed, picking up a pillow in each of her talons. She then proceeded to throw them at the Xhokwe, using a pressurized blast of her water breath to help propel the pillows forward. "Eat fluff, Lunar!" the shape-shifter yelled.

-----

Things only kept getting weirder, but in a very good way. The forcefield blocking Zein's exit disintegrated into nothing, and the cuffs wrapped around his feet snapped open, allowing him to freely move about. He immediately took advantage of this pleasant turn of events and jumped out of his cell, lashing his tail with anticipation. After Nerumir was done talking, he turned to respond to their offer: "Really, that's all you need? To just kill this 'Jazek' person, and you would do all of this for me? Consider it done," the cybernetic bird smirked. The only thing that he had a problem with, though, was this whole 'conquering the galaxy' business. He actually did care about his dimension and didn't want for someone to take over it, so that would be something he would have to 'take care of' later. The only thing the raptor wanted was to destroy his enemies.

The Vagabonds had previously confiscated Zein's accessories upon imprisoning him, but fortunately it didn't take that long for him to find and equip them. They were hidden in a storage room right outside the hall, so the cybernetic bird took a brief moment to require what he had previously lost. He was now practically back to normal, weapons, appearance and all. "So, when do we begin?" Zein questioned the bounty hunter whilst adjusting his facade. For a man-eating sociopath, he certainly liked to make a good appearance.

Drehvir effortlessly knocked the pillows away, but caught one, and rushed at Crystal."You're going down!" he shouted.

-----

"Are you sure you want to rush into this without knowing anything about your target?" the bounty hunter asked. Is this guy an idiot!? I thought he was supposed to be a killing machine!, he thought. Upon hearing Zein's last question, the human started preparing to spring his trap. We will begin very soon, heh heh heh., he thought.

The cyan dragoness let out a small, playful scream as Drehvir rushed forward and pelted her with his pillow. How had he managed to counter her attack so easily? This was probably going to be harder than she thought. The poofy sheet struck against Crystal's shield-like face once again, but this time she wasn't going down without some sort of retaliation. Rolling over onto her back, she began to rapidly kick at her blue attack with her hind legs in an attempt to keep him from landing another hit, all the while grabbing a pillow with her front arms and preparing for an attack of her own.

-----

"If he bleeds, then I can kill him," Zein hissed back in response, as it were obvious. Over-confidence was something that he often forgot to take into consideration, and since the raptor wasn't quite used to working alongside another person, even less a group, cooperation wasn't exactly his strongest point. "...Why? Is there anything in particular that I should know?" he questioned, a hint of suspicion in his tone. And, of course, he was still oblivious to the power-armored human that was stalking them.

Drehvir dodged to the side, avoiding Crystal's attack. he then grabbed another pillow and took a swing at her. "What was that you said about winning pillow fights?" he taunted.

-----

"I'm going to assume that you've never heard of the Galaxy Dragons." the bounty hunter stated, "They are far more powerful than ordinary dragons, drawing their power from the galaxy itself. Not only is Jazek one of them, but he is also a highly trained warrior. Don't underestimate him."

Crystal wasn't doing too well, apparently. She had already been struck at least twice with a feather-full fury, but then again, who was keeping count? As far as she knew, this was simply for fun. "Oh, I'll show you," the dragoness promised and glanced over at a barricade of dressers and shelves. Running over to the nearby wall, she pushed over the wooden pieces of furniture in order to make a little fort-like hiding spot for herself, of which had a small supply of pillows stashed behind. She grabbed one of the pillows, breathed a gust of the Storm element onto it, and threw the windy and electrified pillow in Drehvir's direction. "Let's see him use that!" she thought to herself.

-----

Unfortunately, Zein had little to no time left to respond. It didn't take long for someone to notice the two's conversation, and this particular someone happened to be in the barracks at the time. More specifically, on his way to the labs. "You've got to be kidding me," Noah tiredly thought, who had just recently heard their conversation starting with 'Galaxy dragons'. However, he thought that it was Crystal in there talking (or possibly listening), since she often came by to make sure that the raptor was still sealed away. Oblivious to the reality of the situation, the executive entered the password to the door and walked in. "Crystal, I though I told you to--" but, of course, he never finished his sentence. The human male stopped in mid-track at the sight of both Nerumir and Zein, both of who were in full gear and giving him a funny look. "............"

Drehvir combat rolled under the pillow Crystal threw, grabbing another pillow, then jumping up and bringing it down on her head. "Ha!" he shouted.

-----

"No time to waste!" the human said, creating portals under himself, Nerumir, and Zein, teleporting them to the arcade. Once there, the human created fields of dark energy around Zein and Nerumir's heads to keep them from breathing long enough for them to pass out. "Time for a little game. AHAHAHA" the human said as he put the two into the game.

After Drehvir's hit landed on the cyan dragoness once again, she simply blinked and stared into space. Crystal had to do something and fast, if she wanted to prove that she was capable of winning this fight. Huffing with frustration due to her unfortunate turn of events, she decided to take things a small step further: a bright flash of light enveloped her body, and Crystal's form began to change.

500949975567_lrg.png

After her transformation was done, Crystal had turned into an alien race: a Toru'ki. This particular species had four arms, and she intended to take every advantage of it. "Think you can handle two extra arms?" she taunted with a new, rather choppy voice, and held up all four of her hands.

-----

Zein had no time to react; it all had happened so fast, and he was busy distracted with the thought of killing Noah. And perhaps not-so-oddly, the two actually knew each other. The raptor had previously blackmailed the executive, who also happened the one who defeated and put him behind a forcefield in the first place. Rushing foward, the cybernetic bird viciously attempted to snap at the human male, but then yet another strange thing happened... a portal appeared beneath his feet, and Zein was warped away. Confused and angry of where he was now, he began to blindly lash out at whatever had warped him here, but only to find that his efforts only speeded the choking process. From there, he had no choice but to fall into an unwelcome sleep.

On the other hand, Noah couldn't be more relieved. He had just been standing there, paralyzed with shock and waiting for the inevitable. Despite being a machine, the raptor was fast, much faster than the human could hope to outlast. Once the two had been warped away, however, he let out a deep sigh of relief and proceeded to faint, falling onto the chamber's floor.

"Umm, I guess we'll see?" said Drehvir, confused by Crystal's transformation.

-----

"Heh heh heh." laughed the human as he entered the game, putting himself on red team, whereas he put the others on blue team.

"Now let's make a trip to the blue base." he said, sprouting his wings and taking flight.

"Oh yes, we'll SEE," Crystal said in response, perhaps a little too-confidently. With each of her four arms, the former dragoness grabbed a pillow and charged at the Lunar Xhokwe, swinging and spinning her fluffy sheets towards her rival. She was quickly running out of ideas, so shape-shifting seemed to be the next best thing on her list of abilities to use.

-----

Soon after passing out, the cybernetic bird found himself in the midst of a new area, of which looked like the cross of a medieval castle and a scientific control room. Gazing around the room with an unsure expression, his eyes soon locked onto Nerumir, who had also been what he perceived to be 'moved' to this location as well. Confused, enraged, and possibly even a little scared, Zein walked over to the bounty hunter and grabbed him by the neck. "What in the gods' names did you do?!" he falsely questioned, getting a little too close for comfort. For all he knew, this was another assassination attempt.

Drehvir size caused the former dragoness's attacks to just bounce right off of him. He then laughed and picked up a pillow and slapped it across her face, in a back hand motion. "I'm unstoppable!" he yelled.

-----

Nerumir ripped Zein's hand off of his neck and jumped back. "You think I did this!? I'm just as confused as you are!" he shouted.

-----

"We're almost there, Sunolkif!" the human shouted.

Crystal was completely baffled. How? Just, how?! The sky-colored Xhokwe took everything she threw at him and dominated it. Not once, not twice, but four times in a row! "Okay, okay... I admit defeat," the former dragoness said, who was still transformed. However, she wasn't going to end this fight without at least trying one more time. The moment Drehvir turned his back, she intended to fling one more soft and fluffy attack at him.

-----

Zein stared at the bounty hunter for a moment after his grip was released, but only to find that his talons looked a little... different. Started, the cybernetic bird jumped back and took a brief system scan: It turns out that his armor and appearance was slightly different as well, and looked to be a combination of what he usually wore alongside some power armor.

Hissing with frustration due to their new situation and unsure of who to blame, the raptor did the only thing he could think of: find a way out. He had no intention to keep lingering in this room, especially if it was anything like the place he had been imprisoned in, though fortunately, this did not seem to be the case. Leaving Nerumir in the control room, he entered hall and onto the platform ahead and warily glanced down at the mainlined below. "I don't recognize this place, or this armor--" Zein though to himself, but his attention soon swerved at the sight of a new figure on the horizon, and it appeared to be flying towards them...

Drehvir turned to go rent a room of his own, but heard Crystal's new attack flying through the air, turned back around, and puched it right back at her. "Ha! I win!" he shouted.

-----

The human flew to right in front of Zein before stopping and hovering in midair. "Greetings, Zein, My name is Mark, your worst nightmare." Nerumir, heard this and walked out. "Careful, Zein. Mark is one of those NOMAD's, like Safudor." the bounty hunter warned.

"I give up," Crystal sighed, after the pillow had landed against her upper torso and resulted in another hit. A brief flash of light enveloped her body, and the shape-shifter then transformed back to that of her normal dragonic state. She had utterly lost this fight against an opponent that was clearly far superior in the art of pillow combat. Though, of course, this wasn't all bad-- Drehvir had certainly earned her respect in these efforts.

"Good game," she complimented as he left, then turned to face the mound of destruction that was her room. Items were scattered, furniture had been tipped, and the place looked as if someone plucked a coop of chickens by all the feathers there laying about! But, Crystal didn't seem to mind. Being a dragon, she was rather used to living and sleeping in a messy area full of hoarded goods. Sighing with both a bit of sadness and content, the cyan dragon then curled up on her torn and soaked mattress and fell asleep.

-----

The avian crossed his arms and revealed a smug smile. Was this guy challenging him? Judging by Nerumir's words, it seemed that this human would be a formidable opponent, and this was certainly something that his proud warrior-like mentality would not ignore. Zein had fought and preyed upon mankind before, and he had learned the hard way of just how capable they were. "My worst nightmare? I highly doubt it... the last time I checked, my ex wasn't short, dark, and had a peculiar taste in hair," the raptor replied. It wasn't exactly an insult, though: he was just seeing how far he could push this new person that had so willingly approached him.

Status
Not open for further replies.