Red VS Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There are too many me's! Or at least, my name flying around," Danny groaned, who utterly confused. But after listening and rethinking about the whole conversation: "Okay, okay-- I think this makes me on Red Team," the blue dragon concluded, though he still wasn't quite sure. "...Right?"

"Heh, I'm going to stick with Red," Gem announced and leaned against her usual chamber with confidence. "Bring it on!"

"Oh, we will." Crystal promised, then turned her gaze to Noah. "You and me, Blue Team. How does that sound?"

The executive was started to look a little overwhelmed by this. "What? No! I can't be wandering off and playing games. Unlike some of you, I actually have a job!" Noah explained, placing his hand beside his head with uncertainty. "You and your schemes have already gotten me fired before, mate! I don't want it to happen again.."

Shayn, who was listening to their conversation, grinned at this. "Suit yourself, little man. I don't blame you for withdrawing-- you'd have to go against a powerful dragon like myself. Which, by the way, will be on Red Team this time."

"Is that so!?" Noah wailed; his frustration starting to get the better of him. He was fairly tired of the group's mocking, and was starting to feel a strong urge to prove that he was just as valuable as the rest of them. "Well then, you can just forget about what I just said! I'm in," he announced, giving a brief nod to Crystal. Besides, I still have quite a few minutes before my shift returns... hopefully this won't take too long.

"We all settled now?" Nikaan questioned, folding his hands together. "Yes? Good! I guess that leaves me on Blue Team, then." The yellow Xhokwe then entered his own chamber, looking outwards to face the rest of the group. "You know the drill. Put on the helmets and let the game begin!"

In the red control room...

"Now to make use of the options menu." Saf said, pushing a button on the left wrist of the game's armor, making a holographic options menu appear in front of him. "Let's see here... Ah! Power armor options." stated Saf opening the part of the menu he mentioned. He scrolled down and found the option "Activate Power Armor" and pressed it. Then, powered joints materialized on his in-game armor. "Now we're talking, we have powered armor now. Look in the options menu to turn yours on. There's also a tutorial program for those of you who don't know how to use power armor." announced Saf.

"Cool! By the way, I think I found out how the NPC's work! We have some kind of robot building kit over here." replied Drehvir.

"Alright. Sounds good," Shayn nodded. "Though I'll go help our Drehvir with the NPC's first." He than made his way over to his Lunar ally, stopping in front of what appeared to be the robot building kit. The indigo dragon had learned from his previous mistakes, and this time he indented to be more of a team player rather than running off on his own. "So how does it work?" he questioned, watching Drehvir for an example.

Danny, who had already picked out the same weapon as before (assault rifle), began to turn on his power armor as well. Opening up the control panel, he scrolled down via hologram and selected the desired option; the new joints then added themselves on. "Neat!" the dragon exclaimed, despite having little idea of what it really did. It was more fun trying to figure it out rather than reading the manual-- Danny hated instructions.

"Hey, does anyone know how to pilot that tank over there?" Gem questioned and gestured towards the tank. The pterroct was vaguely curious about this particular device, considering that it was the same one that shot her out of the sky during the previous round. After all, the more she learned about it, the easier it might be to go against one in another confrontation. "--'Cause I kind of want to go in it this time."

"No, Danny, don't use power armor without training, you will barely be able to move." stated Saf, "If you're going to use the joints, use the tutorial program." Alright Fik, interface with my in-game armor, but keep yourself hidden, thought Saf to Fik. Affirmative, interfacing now... Complete, I have successfully interfaced with your in-game armor, replied Fik "I can pilot the tank for you, Gem. Just hop in the turret, and I'll be there in a bit." said Saf.

"Apparently we just have to put it together using the parts and tools included in the kit. This is going to be so cool!" replied Drehvir, who began to assemble the humanoid machine.

"What? Aww, fine!" Danny mumbled and began to browse through the tutorial. It turned out that Saf was right-- without the proper training, the blue dragon would've been completely lost in what to do. "Okay, so I think I've figured this thing out," he claimed and carefully trotted around, getting the feel for his new joints before plopping back into a sitting position. "Can we go out now? I'm getting bored."

With a brief nod, the pterroct slipped her way into the turret cockpit closed the hatch, and began to gaze at the controls with curiosity and mischief. So this was where Crystal was last time, huh? I thought so... her voice was coming from inside there. Flexing her talons, Gem then began to mess around with the buttons and levers, trying to get comfortable with her new surroundings and figure out what did what. This is going to be fun, heh.

"Alright.." Shayn acknowledged, and began to hold up and piece some parts together. He was no expert in anatomy, of course, but just about any sensible being would know which part went where. Soon enough, the indigo dragon had made one NPC.

Meanwhile, in the Blue control room...

Nikaan, who had recently opened the options menu, tweaked his settings and activated his power armor; the joints then soon materialized. Having already developed the idea via instruction, the Xhokwe didn't have to browse through the tutorial to figure out how the armor worked. After all, he was the one who installed it. "Who's ready to win?" he asked, pulling out a sniper from the weapons rack.

"I am!" Crystal chirped with her usual happy tone, who had decided to go with an assault rifle this time. Using her jaws, the dragoness slung the gun over her armored back and folded her wings, giving off a rather skilled look-- this time, she intended to triumph. "I'm ready to go when you are," she said, turning to face the group.

"...Is this what you do in your spare time, when you're not saving people from alien invasions and psychotic birds? Seems kind of violent for someone like you," Noah suggested to Crystal, who has spawned in with a suit of blue power armor. In truth, however, he was trying to convince his dragonic friend to forfeit the match and return to the normal world.

Crystal simply frowned, somewhat unnerved by this remark. "Hush, you! It's just a game. Now, pull out your scepter and just get on my back already," she instructed. "Oh, and be sure to turn on that power armor of yours. I don't want you to die too quickly."

"Okay, okay. Sure thing, mom," Noah replied, adding a sarcastic remark at the end. The dragoness wasn't really his mother, of course-- she simply acted like one towards him. The executive then reached for the place that his scepter usually resided, but remembered that he was in a virtually-stimulated game; any items that he previously had with him were gone. "Actually, I don't think I have it.." Noah concluded.

"Will you two please make up your mind? We have a match to start!" Nikaan stated, feeling somewhat annoyed. "As for me, I'm going to man the LAV. Anyone else want a ride?" At least there's no blue dragons here to wreck it, this time..

"I call shotgun!" Danny yelled to Nikaan, also thankful that the other Danny wasn't here to mess things up.

"I guess I'll man the turret" replied Kulorim, still disappointed about losing just when he was in position to kill Nikaan.

"I'll be the one to go rogue this time" said Jazek before grabbing an assault rifle and three grenades, then taking flight towards red base.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue Team

Nikaan lept into the driver's seat of the LAV and pressed his foot against the pedal, making sure that it was working properly; the engine softly hummed at this. "Alright, I think we're good to go. Kulorim! Get in here and take control of the cannon," the yellow Xhokwe commanded, both acknowledging his rival's statement and taking advantage of his sudden leadership.

"How about Noah and I take a different route? You know, to make sure that no one else comes from that way," the Crystal suggested. "Besides, we need to work on our flying cooperation skills. They aren't exactly great.."

"Really? Okay," Noah acknowledged, feeling somewhat pleased by this. The executive selected a pistol, the weapon that he was the most skilled and comfortable with, along with two explosives simply because it would be fun to try out. He then proceeded to mount his dragonic friend, sitting at the base of Crystal's neck. Holding on by the horns, "I'm ready when you are, mate."

After finding that the team was in position, Nikaan pressed his foot against the pedal once more and the LAV rolled out from it's spawn point, down the ramp and into the mainland below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Team

"Come on! We haven't got all day," Gem's voice impatiently rang out from beneath the tank's cockpit, who was feeling very eager to test this thing out; she had already become bored from pressing the buttons. And, if this cannon could still deal damage to her like it did before, then the pterroct could only imagine what it would do to one of her physically weaker foes.

Danny simply huffed at this, mostly out of amusement. "Well, I'm out of here. See you guys on the battlefield!" he announced and jumped from the tank's exit port, carrying an assault rifle and gliding against the mainland floor. If this same 'running for the enemy base' tactic had worked the last time they won, then why shouldn't it work again? Maybe I'll find the human Danny while I'm at it and call him 'Arnold' again... that should be fun!

"Hey, does this look right to you?" Shayn questioned his Lunar ally and gestured towards the NPC that they had placed together. "I might've accidentally got the arms backwards, though I'm not sure.." The indigo dragon then backed up a bit, trying getting a better look at their creation.

"Good point" said Saf, who proceeded to enter the tank's main cockpit, "Let's rock n' roll." He then fired up the tank and got going.

"I think it should be working." replied Drehvir.

"¿Qué ... ¿Dónde estoy?"(What the... Where am I?) said the robot, who then noticed the two standing in front of him with red armor",Oh, bien, me tengo que quedar en el equipo rojo de nuevo. Por favor, mátame."(Oh great, I'm stuck on red team again. Please kill me.)

"What is he saying? I don't know what language he's speaking. " said Drehvir.

Shayn looked completely baffled. "I have no idea," he admitted. "It's a miracle that I even learned English! Geez, how many languages does this planet speak?" Upon this, he stopped for a moment and began to think to himself: But then again, the Universal speech grants us Aurophians an unnaturally fast learning capability when it comes to the speech other races... maybe if I hang around him long enough, I'll be able to pick up on some of his words. The indigo dragon's lost-in-thought gaze then turned back to his normal, more alert one, and he turned back to face Drehvir. "What should we make him do, anyways? I'm thinking he should stand guard or pilot. Or something that would usually get one of us killed... heh."

Upon their allies' departure, Crystal took to the sky and soared above the treetops with her human rider positioned on her back, who was rather leisurely holding on. Fortunately, the guy didn't weigh too much and even so, the players and actions were virtually stimulated. "If you see anyone in a red armor or vehicle, shoot!" she commanded to Noah and briefly pulled out her assault rifle, holding it in the fronts of her talons.

"See anything yet?" Nikaan questioned, who was currently too focused on driving rather than to seek out any enemies himself. There was quite a few obstacles in their way, after all; ranging from the stone pillars to the stray trunks laying about, it was quite a mess to maneuver over and around.

As if to answer Nikaan's question, a new voice suddenly bursted into existence: "Gosh, could you guys travel any slower?" It was no other than Danny, who was hovering amongst the trees and pillars for cover. And, the blue dragon couldn't help but tease his foes on the field instead of serve a sneak attack-- it was somewhat of a bad habit of his. "So, does that trick when the vehicle catches on fire, it explodes, still work here? Let's find out!" Opening his mouth, a gust of bluish-white flame began to scatter downwards and attack the LAV.

"Soy un robot, puedo entender lo que estás diciendo. No voy a hacer cosas estúpidas para usted." (I'm a robot, I can understand what you're saying. I'm not going to do stupid things for you.) replied Lopez.

"Oh you're such a kidder, you." said Drehvir, "Wait, what's your name?"

* suspiro * "Mi nombre es López." (*sigh* My name is Lopez.) answered Lopez.

"Lopez? Ok, sounds cool. Can you run outside and let some snipers shoot at you so we can find them?" asked Drehvir.

"No. Yo pude localizar fácilmente con sensores de movimiento. No hay ninguno en este momento." (No. I could easily locate them with motion sensors. There are none right now.) said Lopez

"Great! You could probably flail your arms while you're out there to make sure you'll attract their attention." stated Drehvir.

"¿Por qué molestarse contestarme cuando no tienes ni idea de lo que estoy diciendo?" (Why do you bother answering me when you have no idea what I'm saying?) asked Lopez.

"Oh, stop joking around and get out there, Lopez." said Drehvir.

"¿Por qué me molesto en hablar contigo idiotas? Por ahora los otros probablemente han estrellado la LAV. Yo voy a ir a arreglarlo."(Why do I even bother talking to you idiots? By now the others will likely have crashed the LAV. I'm going to go fix it.) stated Lopez, who then left to repair the vehicle.

"Look out!" shouted Danny as he grabbed the wheel and made a hard right, avoiding the flame but crashing into a pillar, "You're going down asshole!" He then jumped out of the LAV and pulled out two of his shotguns, opening fire on the other Danny.

Kulorim also sprang into action, swinging the LAV's turret towards the blue dragon and sending him a hail of high caliber machine gun fire. "Suck it, reds!" he yelled.

"Uhh..?" Shayn began, who looked mildly confused. He wasn't sure if the robot even understood what they were saying, and even so, would it obey their orders? "Yeah... go have fun with that," he stated, not really sure what to say. Turning to face Drehvir, "Shall we go follow him, or do you have something better in mind? I'm all ears at this point." By now, the indigo dragon didn't really care whether or not he was the one in charge; Shayn simply wanted to go out and taste some action.

-----

Attacking a LAV by himself was either really bold or very stupid, probably both. Even more so, Danny had forgotten to bring a weapon upon his departure! Realizing that this was a bad idea, the dragon turned in mid air and hid behind one of the virtual trees for cover. He was rather nimble in body due to being a secondary Air-type, and had a better chance of dodging attack. Okay, so that didn't go nearly as well as I pictured in my mind, he though to himself, trying to think of a better plan before his foes gained the upper hand, though it seemed a bit too late for that.

Seeing that he didn't have much of a choice, the blue dragon recklessly leapt out from behind his cover and into the open, taking a hit from Kulorim's turret in the process. And, breathing a gust of blue flame once more, Danny set the undergrowth on fire-- he wasn't aiming to harm the LAV this time, but to cause a bit of terrain trouble for the ground-dwellers. "Hey, Arnold!" he taunted, "Come and get me!"

-----

"I think I see something," Crystal announced, who being a dragon, had much sharper vision than that of her companion. From what she could tell, there was a tank with red decor somewhere within the mainland ground: Saf and Gem. "It's one of the Red Team by the look of it. Let's go!"

"Wait, what? No! We should go for the base," Noah suggested, who had raised his posture to get a better look at the floor below. Just as the dragoness said, there was indeed an opposing tank down there. "Besides, they don't even notice us yet!"

Crystal huffed at this. "Now what fun would that be, without a little fighting? Besides, I'm the one who's flying us!" she stated, "And I say that we go down there!" Much to Noah's dismay, the dragoness began to spiral downwards towards the tank in a form of attack.

"Hit me with something actually threatening, you little bitch!" Danny yelled, running through the fire, completely unaffected, and once again opened fire on the dragon, "Suck on my shotguns, motherfucker!"

"It'll take more that that to bring down a Xhokwe!" shouted Kulorim, continuing to rain lead death at his dragon foe.

Look out, Saf! There's an object spiraling down from above! said Fik.

"Gem! Open the hatch and start blasting fireballs upward, we're under attack!" yelled Saf, who popped his lid open as well and opened fire with his sniper. Well they sure didn't waste any time, Saf thought. It appears to be Crystal and Noah, so it shouldn't be too difficult for someone with your level of training and experience, Fik replied. I know, right? However, Crystal is a shapeshifting dragon, and as such I can't afford to let my guard down, thought Saf.

"No, you idiots! Don't chase him, that's obviously what he wants. Stick together!" Nikaan exclaimed, though he wasn't sure whether or not his words would be of any use by now. His team has already been provoked, and seeing as how their mental stability wasn't the greatest, this might've been a bad turn of the tide. Sighing, he pulled out his sniper rifle and stood on the seats of the LAV, ready to fire when necessary.

Feeling challenged by the shotgun guy's sudden burst of threats, Danny now had the urge to throw something 'a little more threatening' in their direction. He was a competitive dragon by nature, eager to fight and to prove his worth to both enemy and friend. Upon this, his dash through the engulfing flame came to a halt, and the blue dragon turned around to face his foes with wings spread wide. "Alright, if you say so..." he teased and let out a loosely smug smile. However, smugness only got him so far and yet another life was soon taken from him by Kulorim's turret, upsetting both his stance and balance before pulling it back into place again. He now only had two lives left.

Doing his best to shrug off the turret's blows, a swirl of green and purple light began to envelope Danny's body, which in turn disintegrated most of the remaining fire that was raining his way upon impact-- he was about to use an ability that wasn't much of an attack under normal circumstances, unless it was specifically aimed right at the targets: Terraforming.

Danny was charging up a beam of terraforming.

After receiving Safudor's order, Gem immediately flipped open her hatch, gazing outward at the incoming duo. "Eat flame, suckers!" she yelled and opened her beak, and then began to charge a fireball. A yellow-ish light began to form the inside of her jaws, signifying that that the flame was ready to strike. Dang, my elements are so slow. Can't I charge these any faster?! the pterroct thought to herself, feeling annoyed with her current elemental speed.

"Right! My right! No, left! LEFT!" Noah screeched as he and Crystal attempted to maneuver around the reign of sniper shots and fireballs. Unfortunately, they weren't doing too well mostly due to their disagreement on which approach to take. Though regardless of this, it seemed that the dragon was more in control than he was.

"Stop screaming in my earhole!" Crystal snapped and briefly glanced back at her rider. He was so irritating, sometimes! Of course, this mild distraction temporarily drew her attention away from the real problem, which had just landed a hit while the dragoness was distracted. Feeling confused and unsure of what to do, Crystal lost control of the flight and crashed into the mainland floor.

"What the hell is that? Radiation? I'm immune, dumbass!" shouted Danny.

"I don't like the look of that." said Kulorim, "Time to get a little more mobile." He then proceeded to rip the turret off of the LAV, holding it in a manner similar to how one would hold a minigun or a flamethrower. "Let's get out of the vehicle, Nikaan, I think he's charging up one heck of n attack and we don't want to be in his line of fire."

"Alright, Gem, she's down. Close the hatch and let's get moving." stated Saf, closing the cockpit. Keep an eye on your motion trackers, Fik, thought Saf. Yes, I know, I know, replied Fik.

Nikaan jumped out from the LAV's seat upon Kulorim's announcement, still holding onto his sniper. His feet landed onto the floor with a soft 'thud' and unintentionally kicked up a bit of virtual fragments along the way. The yellow Xhokwe then turned to face the direction of his dragonic foe, and, not taking his eyes off the sphere-enveloped reptile, he began to speak: "What do you suppose he's waiting for? He still hasn't attacked us yet.."

However, Nikaan wouldn't have to wait long to find out. Danny was ready to erupt with an attack, his gaze locked upon the angry shotgun guy-- the dragon's honor-like mentality told him to attack the stronger foe, first. Grinning like the foolhardy creature he was, the elemental-based sphere around him disappeared and he let loose a greenish-purple beam of terraforming energy at the human Danny. He wasn't sure how much damage it would cause or if the beam would even land at all, though it was definitely worth a try.

-----

"What, do you mean run over 'em? Alright," Gem jested, not feeling the least bit bad about this statement. After all, this game was all in good fun, right? Reaching upwards, the pterroct slammed shut her hatch and receded into the cockpit, grasping at the controls once more. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get a move on! We've things to do."

Pulling herself up from the ground, Crystal shook her head with confusion. She could still hear her rider's loud voice ringing from the inside of her ears; why did he have to make things so complicated, sometimes? Though fortunately, it didn't take long for the dragoness to notice her rather ill-fated circumstances: she was standing in the way of an enemy tank, her human ally nowhere in sight. Apparently, he had been flung elsewhere upon crashing. Still staring at the tank, she then took a battle stance, disappearing into the background with camouflage in an attempt to stand her ground against the looming obstacle. However, the dragoness was unaware of the motion trackers set by her Red Team foes..

"Ha! Two can play at that game!" Danny yelled as he charged and fired off a Terraforming beam of his own, "Let's see how you'd like a taste of your own chems!" Kulorim, upon witnessing this, just sort of stood there unsure of what to do. He knew the NOMAD's could do more than normal people, but he never expected the Human to copy the Dragon's attack AND charge up an equal strength blast in so much shorter of a time.

"¡Lo sabía! Idiotas naufragó la LAV, y uno de los que ha extraído la torreta. ¿Qué está mal con ustedes?"(I knew it! You idiots wrecked the LAV, and one of you removed the turret. What is wrong with you people?) said Lopez, finally arriving at the crash site.

-----

"There you are!" Saf shouted as Fik's motion trackers went off. He then opened the cockpit, and charged up a ball of blue energy in his right hand for a couple of seconds. "Let's see how you handle a Galaxy Grenade!" Saf shouted as he lobbed the ball of energy at Crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.