Red VS Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Like I haven't heard that one before. Try again." said Mark, smirking. AHAHAHAHA, this is absolutely hilarious! This fool actually thinks he stands a chance!, thought Mark. "Don't taunt him, Zein, it can't end well for us." Nerumir said.

Zein let out a brief sigh of frustration. He was disappointed that his attempt to both intimidate and humor the newcomer had failed; this obviously was going to be harder than he thought. "Fine, what do you want?" he half-heartily asked and swerved one of his talons as if to say 'hurry up'. The raptor's sickle claw began to tap the ground out of anticipation; he had a considerable amount of patience, but in this current mood and situation it would quickly wear thin. The only thing Zein wanted at this point was to just get out of here as soon as possible and make up for lost time. He had places to be and people to terrorize, more specifically Crystal. Maybe even Jazek if the bounty hunter was still interested.

"I just want to have a bit of fun. Cast some shadows, summon grotesque monsters, cause nightmares, the usual." Mark said. What is with this guy!?, thought Nerumir.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Fun? Oh no... no no no. The last thing I need is another Physdi breathing down my neck," the cybernetic bird thought to himself, who had recently learned that when someone said 'fun' bad things tended to follow, especially if it came from little pink dragons. "Believe me, I am not the person you're looking for if you want to have some fun. Besides, I get the feeling that your definition and mine isn't quite the same thing," Zein stated. Around this time, the wings that doubled as a covering unfurled from his body; he was ready to leave, preferably by taking flight. "Bounty hunter," he began, not knowing Nerumir's name, "Unless you want some fun, I suggest we leave. Besides, isn't there someone that you want dead?" Of course, the avian still had yet to figure out that he was in a game.

"Leave? Ha! The only way out of this world is for you to die, or for you to kill me." said Mark, "And the latter simply won't happen." "You can't stop me from leaving!" the bounty hunter said, reaching for his teleportation device. Where is it!?, he thought, realizing it wasn't there. "Looking for something?" Mark asked, "You won't find it until you get out of here."

"I guess that doesn't leave us with much of a choice, does it?" Zein shrilled, who was happy to be finally getting somewhere. Not waiting for a response, he immediately took to the sky and pounced at Mark, slashing at their torso with his scissor-like talons. His wings beat more like that of a humming bird or an insect compared to how wings normally worked, and though this granted him a better amount of much-needed maneuverability, it also meant that the layer that made up his wings were much more fragile. The raptor wasn't exactly the best flier either, preferring to take combat to land, but under the circumstances this would have to do.

Zein's claws scraped across Mark's chest, drawing a bit of blood, but leaving him completely unfazed. "Thank you, sir. May I have another?" he taunted.

Upon Mark's words and realizing that this approach wouldn't get him very far, Zein stopped his slashing and swerved backwards to keep his distance. His opponent appeared to be more bark than bite so far, though it was quite possible that this could change; the avianoid had seen his fair share of enemies that turned out to be more dangerous than they seemed. However, these taunts were starting to get on Zein's nerves. By his demeanor, it could be obviously determined that he wasn't the most stable of fighters.

The bird-like warrior didn't want to pull out his weapons quite yet, especially the elemental-enhanced ones, but hand-to-hand combat wasn't going to work against an armored foe like this. Zein of all people understood this, being armed and armored himself, and soon enough a curved and rigged sword slid out from his wrist. Since his weapons were technically part of his body, they were also replicated upon entering the game. Still beating his insect-like wings and hovering in place, "Well? Are you going to keep flapping your tongue, or are you actually going to have some fun?" Zein taunted back and lowered his head in a defensive position. And, reaching out his free hand, the cybernetic bird made a 'come on' gesture. Little did the avian know, of course, just who and what he was going up against.

"I think I will. I just hope you don't hold back." said Mark, still smirking. He then moved at astonishing speeds and threw a punch with so much force the power armor on his right hand broke off, revealing a dragon-like human hand.

The punch struck Zein right where his flesh and machine parts connected, resulting in a very unpleasant shattering sound... something inside probably broke. However, the villain had proved time and time again that he could take quite a beating, and it was ever-so-rare for him to be instantly disassembled. This was no exception.

The force from the hit managed to knock the avian backwards, sending a surge of pain throughout Zein's ribcage and causing him to slightly cringe; he hated when that happened. Under normal circumstances he couldn't feel pain, but that was not the case when the organic parts of his body was harmed. That was impressive-- being the majority cybernetic along with his species' size, the avian was fairly heavy and hard to move compared to a human.

...Or was this even human? After the raptor's vision came back into view, he noticed that Mark's hand looked reptilian, almost like a dragon. And, of course, this made Zein very curious to see what was under that power armor. Momentarily changing his tactics, a new idea began to form inside his head: he wanted to get this person grounded, where he could more easily find a way to pick apart his foe. And, from the looks of it, Mark's wings along with the newly reveled hand were his only vulnerable parts, since they lacked a covering.

Finally putting his flight maneuverability to good use, Zein quickly whirled around and attempted to slash with his still-active sword at the base of one of Mark's wings, though it was a rather awkward try since his abdomen was still in pain. He was trying to force him onto the mainland floor, and since he was just beginning to realize just how capable his enemy was, the malevolent raptor didn't hold anything back.

Mark moved to the side, narrowly avoiding the raptor's attack. "Aiming for my wing are you? If you wanted to fight on the ground you should have just said so." he said. After that, Mark's wings dissipated into a cloud of black smoke and he fell to the ground, landing perfectly on his feet. "Well? Are you coming? " he asked, looking up at Zein.

Instead of replying with words, Zein gave Mark a dirty glare, obviously implying just how much he was starting to dislike him. If this guy was trying to tick him off, even by being 'helpful', then he was doing a pretty good job. The bird of prey then swooped downwards with the silver talons of his feet outstretched, obsessed with landing a hit. However, this wasn't solely meant as a form of attack; instead Zein was more interested in seeing if he could tear off some of Mark's armor from above and get a glance at what was underneath. Judging from the person's dragonic hand and yet human shape, it was possible that he was some different species or possibly a hybrid. And, being a part-time scientist, this was one thing that he found hard to ignore.

Mark reached up with his dragonoid hand and grabbed Zein's foot, proceeding to throw him into a nearby pillar. "Come on, can you please make this a challenge? I don't want it to end too quickly." Mark said. Damn, is this really his limit? Surely he can do better!, he thought.

I told him not to taunt Mark, Nerumir thought. "Oh well, he's making the perfect distraction while I leave." he said. Nerumir then hopped in a dropship and tried to leave the "planet".

The stone pillar shattered upon impact, sending forth a spray of virtual dust into the surrounding air and limiting Zein's vision. Most of the time he hated being part machine, but during rare moments like this was when he cherished his durability; it probably saved his life. Unfortunately, this fight had gone off to a terrible start so far, but the metallic warrior wasn't going to give in quite yet. If this was a fight to death, then his life wasn't something that he could afford to lose... but of course, Zein still had yet to find that this wasn't even real.

With a cloud of dust blocking his normal field of view, the cybernetic bird's system switched to a different mode: thermal vision, and his lenses turned light orange. From there he picked up one of the shattered remains of the pillar and slung it out of the surrounding debris and at the red and yellow mass on his visor, which indicated the warmth of a living being. "Oh, I'll give you a challenge," Zein angrily thought to himself. However, just one block of stone probably wasn't going to be good enough against someone like this. A blaster then appeared from the top his arm, and the avian shot a stream of yellow-ish blue plasma in the same general direction. Hopefully one of these attacks could surprise his enemy, having been thrown out from the cover of debris.

Mark let the blast hit himself, melting the rest of his armor off, revealing that his entire body below his neck is in a human shape but was clearly the body of a Void Dragon. His torso, shoulders, and the upper half of his legs were covered in a sort of natural armor with a dark red color. In the center of his chest was a ruby red colored gem thing surrounded by the Greek symbol for "Omega". "Is that all you can do?" he asked.

After his attack had been preformed, Zein momentarily beat his wings again to remove the surrounding debris. He preferred a simple view over thermal vision and didn't want to accidentally run into any nearby pillars or trees. Switching back to default, his eyes returned to their reddish color, which in turn also revealed to him the figure of the human-dragon hybrid. His mouth slightly gaped at this, along with an expression that said 'What the-?'.

In truth, the avian wasn't sure whether he should be ecstatic or horrified that such two of his most despised and formidable enemies have merged together. Probably the latter, since they both always found a way defeat him. "...What the Hell are you supposed to be?" Zein asked, still retaining his shocked expression. However, this wasn't an insult; the raptor didn't think that something like this was possible, so it was a genuine curiosity. Though of course, he still intended to kill him after recovering.

"I'm a Void Dragonoid. A combination of Human and Void Dragon." said Mark, "Nothing out of the ordinary." "Still think you stand a chance? I really want a challenge." he taunted. "Oh, hang on one sec." he said looking up. Mark then charged up a ball of Endless Void energy and unleashed a beam at Nerumir's dropship, shooting it down. "Now where were we?" the dragonoid asked.

Zein watched and recovered as Nerumir was blasted out of the sky with an elemental beam of energy. "Well... so much for that idea," he thought to himself, who had previously considered using one of the dropships himself if things didn't turn out too well. The cybernetic bird briefly wondered whether or not the bounty hunter was still alive. Mark claimed to be part Void Dragon, but this attack didn't exactly look like the kind of elemental 'void' that the avian was used to. This concerned him; it was vital for Zein to know just what his enemies were capable of, otherwise it might lead to some unexpected surprises. "Nothing out of the ordinary?! I beg to differ," he hissed. Was this really a common thing, or was Mark just bluffing?

Retracting his weapon and reaching over his back with his free hand, the avian pulled off his wings, which were connected together, and placed them to the side. Now that he didn't have to worry much more about air combat, his wings had little to no use and would only slow him down. Zein was much faster on land than he was in the air, but also much less maneuverable and agile, so speed was something he didn't want to lose. However, this gesture wasn't just about gaining a slight advantage; by removing his covering he was almost insinuating politeness. There was a difference between fighting prey and worthy opponents, and Zein did have a sense of morality despite his rather nefarious role.

Last but not least, the avianoid's talons and sword began to glow blue and crackled with electrical energy. It was uncommon for him to pull out such a defense so early, especially when there was always the possibility of it backfiring on his systems, but Zein wanted to end this fight before the circumstances got any worse. Judging by the multiple failures that have proceeded so far, there would be very little guarantee of success at his normal pace of attack. Being a quick learner and a mixed tactician, he decided to switch his approach and waited for Mark to make the next move instead of attacking.

"Well for someone who's never heard of the NOMAD's, I guess it isn't normal." Mark said, "And I suppose it's my turn now?"

Time to see just how much damage he can withstand, thought Mark. "Brace yourself!" he said, before charging full speed at Zein, drawing a short sword from out of thin air and holding it backwards, swinging it at Zein.

Zein may be fast, but his agility wasn't good enough to maneuver around this full-speed attack. Upon 'brace yourself', he reacted quickly, lowering his head and neck and placing his arms in front of himself like a shield. This didn't make sense... why would Mark warn him before attacking?

Of course, mechanical arms themselves weren't enough to block all of the damage. Under his armor and polyward were wires, mostly of which controlled and allowed Zein's movement. A regular, non-enhanced sword would have a lot of trouble trying to cut through the mithril part of his defense, but the hide-like polyward was much more yielding. Mark's blade cut right through the chinks, breaking a few wires and spraying some sparks in the process.

Not wanting his circuits to be damaged any further, the cybernetic bird quickly pushed jerked his arms in an attempt to push back his foe and whirled around in a 360 circle, swinging his lightning-infused tail and talons. However, the damage had already been done-- Zein's right hand was twitching due to broken circuitry, and though this wouldn't render his arm useless, it would certainly make it much harder for it to react.

Status
Not open for further replies.