Recon One: The Phantom Ghosts

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Impact in 3...2...1... Hold on!" They slam into the ground. Marcos comes back and glares at Ghost. "C'mon, Romanov, you puto culo (f***ing asshole)! I told you I don't do evac's!"

"It worked, didn't it?"

"Si, at the cost of my ship!"

Cam grimaced, her head having snapped back as they hit the ground. She looked to Ghost, but Marcos was there before she could say anything. She sat up, glancing over at Ace.

Ace was examining his shoulder, which had been cut by the edge of the seat when they hit. He turned to the civilians, trying to see if they are okay.

Ghost looks at the civilians. "Vous êtes tous d'accord?" A chorus of "oui's" echo in the chamber.

He tries to stand. "C'mon. We need to leave. I'm activating my emergency beacon." He switches it on, and it starts transmitting. "Help should arrive soon."

Cam moved quickly, wrapping her arm around his torso to help him. "Ace, Hawk, keep your eyes open and keep those civilians shielded." She said calmly. "We need you at least bandaged." She told Ghost.

Ace stood, trying to help the civilians stand as he glanced at Hawk

He grunts as she helps him stand. "Marcos, what's our status?"

"Crashed."

"No shit, sherlock. Do we have weapons systems online, can we use the drop ramp.... What's our status?"

"Drop ramp is jammed. Mini-guns online, as well as the GCal-50's. One hellfire missile box."

"We'd better hope they here soon."

Ace shifted, listening for a moment. He couldn't hear much. "How far are we from base?" He asked Marcos.

"About 25 klicks, amigo. I wouldn't suggest walking. You'd be open targets."

Ace shook his head. "Just thinking."
He said as he went to the cockpit just to look outside.

"We should have someone stationed at the entry points and have the civilians in the middle..." Cam said, thinking, looking at Ghost.

"I agree. Can you handle it?" His speech is getting slurred. "I'm going down." He passes out, and he drops on her arm.

Cam barely had time to adjust her weight to catch him. "Hawk, do you speak French?" She asked, her tone suddenly commanding. She motioned for Ace to get ready to shoot any unfriendlies outside the downed copter.
She gently laid Ghost down across some of the chairs, covering his wound with cause and taping it down. "Marcos, can you use a gun?"

"Yes. I speak 47 languages."

"I can use a gun, amiga. I am in the military."

Cam couldn't help but smile slightly at Marcos's comment. "You'd be surprised, some people can only shoot a pistol." She said as she looked to Hawk. "Try and get them calmed down and moved towards the center of the plane. Have them keep their heads down, then you cover the front. No one gets in until our help gets here. Ace, you stick with Hawk. Marcos, you and I will make sure they don't get in back here. Understood?" She glanced over at everyone.

"Understood." Hawk goes to the civilians, and Marcos takes his place.

"ETA for the birds is 60 minutes, amigos."

Cam nodded at Marcos, shifting so her back was against the wall and she was looking around the center. She was waiting, listening.

Ace moved to the front on Cam's command, cautiously looking out the windows. He didn't see any movement as they were now, but that didn't mean anything. He glanced back at the others a moment before just looking out the window, watching, waiting.

They hear jeeps outside. "That doesn't sound like our birds, amigos."

"Eyes open and don't let them in." Cam nodded, listening carefully as she waited to see where they would try to enter from. She could hear their voices as they walked around the downed plane.

Suddenly, the sound of a plasma torch is heard. "They're coming through the hull! Eyes up!"

Cam shifted, her gun aiming towards where they were trying to come through. "Hawk keep the civies out of the line of fire!" She said cautiously, not wanting them to get hurt.

Ace glanced back, but was unsure about leaving the cockpit unguarded, as they could easily try to come in through the windows there as well.

Seeing his indecision, Marcos chuckles. "Those are bulletproof windows, amigo. It's ok."

Ace nodded. That was reassuring. He flipped around, aimed to the hole being cut in the hull.

"They really want in here." Cam said quietly. She glanced at the civilians, who looked terrified. She felt bad for them... She'd feel even worse if they didn't make it out. She was going to make sure they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.