Recon One: The Phantom Ghosts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost looks at his team. "He speaks French." Turning back to the man, he says, "Qui étaient ces hommes ? Pourquoi ont-ils veulent vous tuer ?"

"Je ne sais pas. Je ne les ai jamais vu avant ."

"D'accord. Savez-vous pour qui ils travaillent ? Qui pourrait vous ai voulu morts ?"

"Non."

Cam shifted a little. She didn't speak French, as she had taken Spanish, but she watched Ghost for any signs of trouble.

Ace waited patiently, knowing if they needed to know, they would be told, though the fact he didn't understand was driving him crazy. He'd have to get used to the new team.

Ghost translates. "He doesn't know who the men are, or why they tried to kill him. He doesn't know who they work for, only that they made it clear they wanted to kill him. He doesn't know why. Do you guuys have any questions for him?"

Cam looked over. "What's their political stance? That could be a reason." She said as she turned to face them.

Ace shook his head. He didn't have anything, Ghost had pretty much asked what he was thinking.

Ghost turns back to the man. "Quelle est leur position politique ? Reconnaissez-vous les accents -ils utilisés?"

"Je ne sais pas au sujet de leur position politique , mais leur accent sonnait vaguement russe."

He turns to his team. "He doesn't know about their political stance, but he says they sounded russian."

Cam nodded. "Alright." She glanced back at the Windows. "I don't have any other questions." She glanced to Hawk to see if he had any.

"Shit! Bad enough this is a rogue mission, even if it needed to be done. Now we have to deal with the Russians!" He pulls up his comm. "Change of plans, Marcos! We need evac. We'll set up and LZ outside the row homes. We will have civvies with us, so be ready."

"Amigo! You know how I feel about evacs, pendejo!"

"I know. And normally I wouldn't ask. But we need it. Can you get here?"

"Does a bear shit in the woods? I'll be there. Send the amigos my love."

"Ok. And you are on speaker."

"Mierda!!!" The line goes dead.

Ghost turns to the team. "We'll set up the LZ three blocks outside the row homes. We need to get these people to safety. Let's go."

Cam nodded, slowly glancing around as she moved to the door, checking their surroundings. "Looks clear, eyes open."

Ace planned to take up the back, motioning info for Ghodt and the civilians to go first.

Ghost runs to the door, his M4 up. He peeks outside, and rushes out, Hawk to his left, Ace to his right, the civvies behind him, and cam taking up the rear.

Ace didn't like Cam taking the back, but he went along silently, looking around cautiously at each doorway, alley, and window. He stuck with the group, watchful.

Cam kept her eyes on the rooftops, and any other hidden area an ambush could come from. She glanced behind them at regular intervals, cautious, though would check randomly as well. Didn't want to be predictable.

The gunship screams overhead. Suddenly, a rocket streaks towards it, the exhaust billowing behind it. It veers wide, and the gunship fires it's guns, eliminating the enemy.

"C'mon, let's move!" Gunfire rings out, but they can't see the shooters, so they just run for the gunship.

Cam didn't fire a shot, knowing it was futile, but did her best to keep the civilians moving towards the gunship. "Go!" She said, nudging one of them forwards.

Ace fired in the direction the bullets came from, hoping he could eliminate some of them. He stuck to the side of the encouraging them and hurrying them along.

The drop ramp is down. Ghost moves to the side motioning everyone else on board. When they are all on, he turns to follow, and a single shot rings out, and his left leg goes out from under him. He screams. "Oh my God! That hurt like a bitch!"

Ace helps the civilians on board.

Cam turned just as he yelled. "Shit.." She quickly moved to his side. "Come on." She said, slipping her arm around his torso and trying to help him up. "We need to get out of here."

Ace paused, knelt down, waiting for anyone to be in sight. He was on the gunship.

"Ah, hell. Thanks." He yells to the cockpit, "Marcos! Get us the hell out of here!"

"Ok amigo! Hold on!" He slams the throttle forward, and they shoot into the sky.

Cam held tight to Ghost, helping him into the gunship and getting him settled down. "Did it go straight through?" She asked, kneeling beside him.

Ace went to the civilians, offering them water from his canteen.

He takes off his glove and sticks his finger in the wound, hissing sharply. "Yeah. Hurts like a motherf****er though."

Hawk goes up to the cockpit. "How's it looking, Marcos?"

"Not good, amigo. Bullets hit the left lateral stabilizer. Only way we are still in the air is cause I'm overcompensating with the right."

"Shit! Can you get us to base?"

"Maybe. I don't know. Damn pendejos!!"

Ace sat with the civilians, trying to keep them calm, though he didn't speak French.

Cam nodded. "Okay.. Can we just wrap it until we get back to the base?"

"Yeah. Pack a gauze pad, or some cloth into it, and wrap it." Suddenly, the ship lurches, and the civvies scream. Marcos yells, "Hold on, amigos! Brace for impact!"

Ace grabbed onto a pole in the wall.

Cam slid beside Ghost, slipping her arm around a strap and holding tight, her gun tucked under her arm, her other arm helping Ghost as she glanced towards the cockpit, then the civilians.

Status
Not open for further replies.