Recon One: The Phantom Ghosts

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Head is pounding like a bitch, and my leg is throbbing. Other than that, I'm good. You?"

Chip nodded. "A little nauseous and sore all over, but I'm doing better." He smiled faintly, but his smile faltered. "How is everyone else?" He said softly, concerned. He was surprised no one had showed up the check on them. He figured Ace would later, but what about Cam? The others had seen him already, but he thought at least Cam would come see him or Ghost.

"After facing and killing almost 60 armed man, and ADWS turret, getting shot out of the sky, and almost shot like fish in a barrel, I'd say that they are doing pretty well, considering. It's gonna take some adjustment coming off a mission like that, but they'll be ok. I guess it helps that they saved a dozen civvies from getting shot, executioner style.

Chip paused, looking at Ghost a long moment. "That... Wow." He looked to the door as it opened. Cam was walking in. She had changed to her normal clothes.
She hesitated before coming over.
"You two okay?" She asked quietly with a faint smile.

"Yeah. We've been playing bloody knuckles since I woke up." He looks at her with a straight face.

Cam titled her head a little. "Uhm, okay." She said as she sat in a chair between their beds. She could tell by Chip's smile he was okay. "How do you feel?" She asked Ghost softly, concerned.

"Legs killing me, and my heads throbbing. Ate the civvies ok?"

Cam nodded. "They're okay." She said softly. She glanced at Chip as he chuckled.
"What?" She asked.
"Nothing." He said with a bright smile.
Cam was unsure what he was snickering about, but she looked back to Ghost. "Well, I'm glad they got you patched up. Has Ace come in yet?" She asked curiously.

"Not yet." He holds out his hand. "I'm sorry. We haven't been properly introduced. Names Luke Romanov, callsign Ghost."

Cam paused before shaking his hand lightly, smiling. "Cammile Eryka, call sign Cam." She said softly. She seemed much more relaxed now that they were in the base. "It's nice to officially meet you." She said happily.

"Yes, without someone trying to kill us every five minutes." He chuckles.

Cam smiled and laughed softly. "Yeah." She sighed, smiling. "Are either of you hungry? I can bring you something if you want."

"Nah. I'm good." Chip shrugged.

"I could really go for a medium rare steak, but don't think that's coveted by MRE's."

Cam laughed softly and smiled. "That sounds good, but I'm not sure I could get that." She said as she seat back in her chair.

"Not on base, anyway." He looks down, then looks back up at her. "Is Commander pissed?"

"I haven't spoken to him.. Honestly." Cam said as she shrugged. "Ace probably knows. Though I don't think he should be. We just saved those people's lives, and we might have more of idea who we're fighting against now. It's not just some group of rebels." She said, her light tone becoming more serious.

"Aye, they definitely aren't that. And I'd honestly be surprised if he wasn't. We used military equipment on an unauthorized mission, got shot out of the sky in a military aircraft on said mission, put our lives in unnecessary danger, and that out our reinforcements. I'd be surprised if he wasn't."

He looks over at Chip, and sees the shocked look on his face. "Oops."

Cam nodded. "Yeah.." She heard the oops and glanced back at Chip. She rolled her eyes. "Breathe." She said softly as she reached over and pat his shoulder gently. "We had a good reason."

"What reason?!" Chip asked, amazed at their actions. He wondered what would happen to them..

Cam looked at Luke, then back to Chip. "You don't need to worry about it." She looked down, remembering how she saw the man outside the base.

Luke looks at her. "Think we should tell him?" he whispers to her.

Cam shook her head. "We don't need to worry him." She whispered back softly. "If he needs to know, he'll be told eventually." She said gently. She looked back to Chip. "Just calm down, okay?" She said calmly. "Everything's okay."

Chip hesitated, but it was clear he was starting to tire, having been up for a while. "Alright.. Just... Be safe." He sighed.

Cam turned back to Luke. "How long do you think you'll be here?" She asked softly, still a little concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.