Recon One: The Phantom Ghosts

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just then, they here the familiar WHUMPWHUMPWHUMP of chopper rotors in the distance. "We ate getting out of here, amigos!!"

Ace breathed a sigh of relief as he heard the chopper blades. They were home free! Well, almost. They just had to wait for the reinforcements to take out the enemy.

Cam, however, never moved her scope. Several things could happen at this point. They could still get through the hull and there'd be a firefight before they had any help, the reinforcements could take them all out and then they'd be safe, or they would turn their attention on the reinforcements and try to take them out before continuing through the hull. She grit her teeth, never moving. She wasn't going to drop her guard, even after the reinforcements got here.

Ghost wakes to the sound of burning and the smell of melting metal. "Wha-?" He hears the screaming of Hellfire missiles, and ducks instinctively. He is reliving that day in Baghdad, where Zulu Team was killed.

Cam looked over at Ghost woke up. She motioned for Ace to keep cover as she moved to his side. "Ghost, you need to relax." She wrapped her arm around him to help him sit up some. "We're almost out of here."

Ace shifted as he saw Cam's attitude. He watched the door closely, knowing she had her reasons for being on edge. He looked to Hawk, then to Marcos.

Ghost calms down some. They hear multiple explosions outside, and he flinches.

There is a knocking on the hull. "United States Marines!! Are you all aright!!"

Ace relaxed. "We're safe, but we've got an injured." He yelled back.

Cam lowered her gun to look at Ghost. "You're gonna be fine. We'll get back and they'll patch you up." She pat his back. "We'll all be okay."

"Aw, shit. It hurts like a bitch." The Marines finish cutting through, and help everyone out and onto the choppers. As they try to lay him on a cot, Ghost snarls. "Don't even think about it, Gunny."

Ace watched as Cam helped Ghost up, watching carefully. He walked over.
"Cam, he'll he fine." He said softly. "Stop worrying."

Cam looked to Ace, knowing he couldn't see her expression. "Of course." She said in a cheerful tone. She had always acted like the optimistic one to keep the team morale up... Why should she stop now? "Are the civilians okay?"

Ace nodded. "I think so." He pay her shoulder. "You did good. Being leader and all." He said before walking over to ask Hawk if he was alright.

Cam walked over to Ghost as he refused to lay on a cot. "Going to be a little difficult, are we?" She asked softly as she looked down at him, sitting down. She knew they'd be taking off once everyone was safely in.

"Always. Last time I was strapped down like that was...." He doesn't finish his statement, just lowers his eyes.

"Hey, it's fine." Cam pat his shoulder, pausing a moment before scooting closer and hugging him gently. "Relax, okay?" She let go, but didn't move away from his side. She sat back a little, looking out. "They won't take us down that easily." She said with a faint smile. Cam was thinking now... Sure, they weren't going to be taken down easily, but it seemed these guys were fighting at their best either. She had a feeling they were dealing with something a lot bigger than any of them thought.. She looked to Ghost. "You're an amazing leader you know." She said quietly.

"Thank you. Although it didn't do me any good that day in Baghdad." He sighs. "I can't think about that now. If I do,I'll lose focus on the mission."

Cam pat his shoulder. "We all have painful history, but we can't let it stop us. We can let it give us strength for the future though." She said softly, trying to comfort him some. She looked down at her hands, thinking, but she couldn't think of much else to say.

"I know. Thank you." They land at base, and they rush him off to the infirmary.

Cam sighed as she watched them carry him off. She pulled her mask down and climbed out, going straight to her room.

Ace noticed Cam walk off, but decided not to check on her yet. He'd let her get relaxed.
"Sorry about your plane." He said to Marcos as he got off.

"It's ok, amigo. We get her up and in the air again."

Ace smiled at Marcos' positivity. "Good to hear. Let me know if you need anything, and I'll see if I can help." He smiled. He liked Marcos, the guy seemed cool.

Cam disappeared into her room, collapsing on the bed with a sigh as she looked up at the ceiling. Of course Ghost would be fine, she knew that, but she was worried about who they were fighting. It didn't seem like some little rebel group like they'd been told. This seemed like a much bigger threat.

They wheel ghost into the OR. They have to sew the wound shut, and stop the minor blood poisoning that had started in his leg.

When they finish, they wheel his bed and place it next to Chip's.

Ace walked to Cam's room to knock lightly on the door. There was no response, as she was deep in thought. He sighed, thinking she was purposely being anti-social. "Alright, I'll leave you be." He said as he went to get something to eat. He figured he'd check on the injured later, he was hungry and he wanted to let Ghost rest some.

Ghost slowly came to in the infirmary, his leg sending shots of pain to his head, his head throbbing. Ow, shit. Why the hell does getting shot always give me a headache? He groans, and tries to sit up, but can't.

Chip glanced over, having been drinking water. "You're awake.." He said quietly, his voice a little raspy. "You okay? Other than the leg of course.."

Status
Not open for further replies.