RANT Your Brains Out #98274

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok but why does the rest of the world do black friday but i dont get any of the good food or shit

looking forward to getting trampled at work tomorrow lmao

It's sad when the youngest person in the room is the only one who wants to do more than stare at the damn tv and play a board game.

Reactions: Aleksandar
Today is my sister's 20th birthday and so far, our father has already forgotten to say anything to her. I'm in America and so Thanksgiving overshadowed the event with my family having one too many drinks for the occasion. This much is evident by their obnoxious laughter which is slowly driving me insane.

Anyway, my family has been cooking all day and my sister and I were more than happy to clean up. We left the dinner table before everyone else and went to the couch with the dogs and just waited while the rest of my family was gathered around the table still. When the time for cleaning came, there wasn't any, "Hey, can you two do the cleaning?" or anything that would sound like they were communicating to actual human beings, it was, "Where the hell are they?!"

I can't quite the specifics of their passive-aggressive bullshit as I got up from the couch since I was practically shaking with anger, but I remember asking what I could. No response. Ask again. Nothing. Three, four, five times. Still nothing. You mean you harassed me this much and can't even tell me where I can start, what I can do or how I can approach this? Alright. Helpful. Of course, my sister was roped into this and she made a joking comment about how it was her birthday in which my aunt (who doesn't live with us, by the way) made the most narcissistic and insulting comment back. This aunt is known for doing this since she seems to think she's God's Gift to the world and since my sister and I don't clean and cook like 'real women should' our mother has failed us. Yes, our mother has failed us, but not in that way, you sexist b*tch. I'm not a feminist, but I can see why this thinking can get under their skin because it did for me. Just because we're women we cook and clean? H'okay. Go back to the 1960s and tell me how those traditional values of protest and civil unrest work for you.

Okay, maybe I'm just being bitter as I know not all older folk are like this, but I have to mention that I'm bitter towards my family in general. I'm eighteen years old and I live three states away from my grandparents, my older sister, the aunt that I don't like, my mother, my stepfather who I refer to my 'father', and with hopes, my biological scumbag 'father' as well. I left home when I was seventeen years old because of the deep trauma that happened during my childhood and the bad blood that still runs from it. After finding my sister in my room upstairs, crying, I felt the urge to start a fight. Instead, I approached my grandmother about it and she seems fairly well-mannered about it and apologized, but I still feel bitter and irritated by the entire situation.

Honestly, I'll be moving away to Vermont in the next year or so and probably vanishing from my family after college, so I can't say it bothers me all too much. I did promise to myself earlier in the year that I'd leave my family on a good note so I will do the best that I can with that, but oops.

No promises.

Having a full-time job is so incredibly limiting. After finishing work at around 6 you realistically need to spend an hour of commuting, then you basically have realistically only three to four hours in which you can actually do anything meaningful like read a certain book or, in my case, learn to play chess properly. After that you're already too tired and need to get ready for bed. And that's if you don't actually factor in any social life or overtime. Paradoxically, you have the money to buy all the books in the world. What a strange world we live in :D

Last edited:
Just rantin' as usual. ^_^'
[spoili]I expect real life to be like s**t. But when it's the same online, it really gets to me. Like thank you life, you couldn't give me ONE GODDAMN THING, COULD YOU?!?

Ugh. Man. I really wish I'd stop getting so pissed about stuff. I should be happy. At least I have someone who loves me no matter what, right. Some people don't even have that.

I just wish people would be honest. Don't friggin' act as if you find me interesting and likable. If I friggin' annoy you, if you find my presence boring and irritating, tell me. I'll leave. I've done it before, and I'll do it again.

It just friggin' hurts, getting stung from the same place over and over again. God, I'm so stupid. And a coward. Ugh. I tell people to be strong and stand up for themselves, yet I can't do it myself.

*breathes out* I'll be okay. I'll always be okay.[/spoili]

I win Zeb. I see that you have avoided your medication in the wet food. Bet you didn't bet on me forcing you to fucking swallow them. Not your pacifist dad! He'd never force feed me medication that will save my leg! Bet again pup, bet again.

Fucking hate my job and the people I work with. I mean some are cool but some just make me want to slap them nd be like get over your high and mighty ass and stop being a fucking snob. So fucking glad I am leaving this place. I hate serving.

I love how certain people can respond to who they chose to respond to, but when it comes to me and I either ask or answer in the same kind of way I get no response what so ever.

I usually wouldn't get pissed at stupid shit like this, but it's amazing how as soon as someone else talks they respond just like that and act like they never seen my comment when I know damn well you looked at the post three times already with my comment being the last one. So yeah.

Then there's this other "friend" who can totally respond to someone else's comment that's right above mines, but they can't respond to mines?? And it's literally just saying hello just like the other person!?!

I hate you social media.

Reactions: Greenie
Going on plane for 15 hours *SCREECHES* my poor butt

things that suck:

having only 10 hours of day light, sleeping through at least five of them

the fact that several of my old friends - most recently today - have tried to reach out to me to rekindle a friendship and I'm too much of a pussy to go through with it

gender identity, that sucks the big one

the fact that I will never be comfortable in my body. ever.

'Tis the season to be itchy and scratchy and dry.

Winter is not good for skin. x.x

Let's say you want to make pottery, and you have your entire life. You've always known you were destined to be a potter, and you never lost the passion for it. You've had role models since you were little who were potters. Your parents did some decent pottery, and so did their friends. You saw potters on tv making really good pots all the time. All the while, these role models have been driving it into your head that when you reached a certain point in that field, been at it for so long, you would truly be able to call yourself a potter and be able to make a living off of it. You've been excited for it your whole life, and working hard to get there. And then you do it! You reach that point, and are finally able to be a true potter! Except, all those role models you looked up to? Your parents? Your family? Their friends? Your teachers?
They tell you you aren't really potter yet, even though you reached the point they told you you could call yourself a potter at, because you "haven't been a potter for long enough."

Wouldn't you be a little hurt? Wouldn't you feel like you had been lied to about when a person becomes a potter?

That's how I feel when adults tell me I'm not an adult, even though I'm 18.

If you don't think a person is old enough to be an adult at 18, raise the fucking legal adult age so we don't feel like shit when we are raised to believe that 18 is adulthood and then find out when we get there that we're still not old enough for you to treat us as such.

Grow up, I have a life too. I'm not here whenever you need advice to make yourself feel good because everyone sees through that false sincerity.

kinda sucks when your fierce independence creates communication barriers for others *shrugs*

I didn't think things could get worse for me in such a short span of time...but they have...

One day I'm going to break. Then everyone can cry.

I'm in so much pain right now, I feel like I could vomit

Status
Not open for further replies.