RANT Your Brains Out #98274

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like I wanna cry ;; ...I'm allergic to mosquitos and have a bite on my arm that's making me miserable right now. It's hot and it hurts... I feel like I wanna claw my arm off... ugh...

That moment when you discover partner A has rps with partners B and C and all three have been replying to each other ten times more than they reply to you anymore, even before one had a baby.

Almost five full days of nothing, not even pms. Maybe i should just leave now instead of at the end of the year.
:/ I recommend communicating with them to ask what's up... you guys might be able to work something out... better than staying silent, anyway.

• Useful
Reactions: Greenie
tumblr_inline_nnjq47VsWc1rqq7os_500.gif

I fucking hate this. Any day now they can call and tell me that Zeb is ready to come home, I met him just days ago and I already love the fuck out of him. I just want him home, that's all I want. I know that he has to see the vet first before he's released into my care, I just hate waiting for my pup to come home. Maybe they will call tomorrow? Hell, I have no fucking idea.

I just wanna sleep.......I wanna sleep but I know I shouldn't.

I'm envying you people who complain about trying not to fall asleep. Last night and the other night, I've been hit hard with the no sleep at night hit like brick insomnia. my cicadian rhythms seem to have gone back to being out of wack.

When people ask me why I eat my dinner at the desk instead of going on break I just want to tell them that I stay here because without fail, someone will come find me when I'm on my break and say 'I know you're on your break, buuuut... stop what you're doing and cater to my needs'.

May as well just stay here. Skips a step.

Fucking rude.

• Thank You
Not so much as rant as a whine. Jared Leto is supposed to be the new Lestat de Lioncourt WHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY?!

I hate November so fucking much.

First, there's the anniversary of my grandmother's death. Now, since she died only a month or so after I was born, I didn't know her, but her death hit my mom pretty hard, so that particular date has always, understandably, been rough in my house growing up but I could handle it.

But today? Today? Fuck man. I can't handle today.

It's been five years today since my great-Uncle's death. The grief has been building pretty heavily since the first and I can't. I can't -

In the last two years of his life, my uncle had been more of a father to me then my own had been in the nineteen before that. If it wasn't for him, I don't know what I would have done when my father fucked off, leaving me by myself and scrambling. And fuck, you want to know what the irony is?

The irony is, I have major phone anxiety. Making them, picking up, you name it. A major part of my anxiety is, when the phone rings, three things go through my head. A) Someone I love is seriously injured, B) They are seriously ill, or C) Someone I love is dead. But I was getting better and I'd woken up that morning with the thought in mind that I'd call my uncle by the end of the day, and if not then, then by the end of the week, and I'd tell him I loved him and appreciated what he'd done for me. That night, before I can make the call I get a call from my mom.

And of course, of fucking course, the first time I answer the phone without any anxiety in years, one of my top three fears has actually happened

It's not good news. I think I cried for a week straight. I didn't get to tell him I love him.

And god, it hurts so much.

Just let me sleep until December please

Last edited:
Oh, I'm not smiling enough for you? Why don't you tell me about how funny I look while I concentrate on my work, because y'know, I'm working

q(❂‿❂)p

Origin is a piece of trash and I hope it burns like the rest of EA.

As an avid Simmer, I love my Sims 3 along with the expansion packs that aren't exactly cheap. Well, I've had to purchase the Sims 3 Supernatural at least three times now because Origin has screwed me out of it. Annoyed by this, I'm borrowing both of my sister's Origins accounts to install the expansion packs that I'm missing and while they're all installed on my computer, I can only access the expansion packs from separate accounts. It's absolute bullshit and a complete money-making scam.

I should also note that Origin only allows you to buy "licenses" for games, meaning if you lose your account or are banned, you are screwed out of those licenses. All of that money is gone forever in a black pit of the devil that is known as EA.

Seriously, I hope Origin burns.

• Useful
Lol damn, I forgot about the creative writing club contest party and I'd already made plans that same Thursday... This is the first time I'd be going out with my friends in college, but I'm a secretary at the creative writing club and need to support my club... Decisions, decisions...

>_> I guess it's another one of those days... I just can't fucking concentrate. DX

I suppose it's a good thing it happened on a weekend when I'm not completely swamped, but like, I do have some important stuff that needs to get done sooner or later, and I really don't want to fall behind again...

It really pisses me off when people think with their nether regions all the effing time. Like seriously? GROW THE EFF UP.

I didn't really eat today and I should've.

No, I'm sorry, I can't work six days in a row for the next few weeks. I'm struggling with five. Please stop looking at me like I'm a terrible person.

Someone should tell you that I am not a vegetarian. Does that make me the devil incarnate? No, it means that I eat meat. I am not cruel or anything, I just have different dietary needs. You said that you have a cat yet you want all of the animals that are being made into food to be spared. Guess what? Your cat will starve to death then. What the hell do you think they use to feed them?

Cutting meat out of the world won't solve the cruelty part, it'll make a whole new problem. Meat isn't bad so long as the animal is treated well in life.

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
When I asked if you would be interested in being my advisor, it was with the disclaimer that I'm currently meeting with many other faculty members to see who I think I would work best with, and that I might not choose you as my advisor. I just want to see if we get along or if you like my idea.

So then you turn it into an opportunity to lecture me and talk down to me and tell me that I need to do more work before I should even speak with you despite the fact that I'm supposed to be doing this when my idea is only in the early planning stages. It's supposed to be vague. You, my advisor, would be the one to help me fine-tune it, if you weren't busy talking over me and not even giving me a chance to talk about what I wanted to do.

And when it came to the one detail that I had pinned down for sure -- you completely ignored that and kept on talking over me. "So, a deck is 78 cards?" "Yes, but I know that 78 cards is too much for me -- I'm only doing 22." "And you have how many weeks to do this? Let's divide 78 by the number of weeks..." "I know there's no way I can do 78 cards in that amount of time. I'm doing 22." "Looks like you would have to do 1.3 cards per week..." "I told you I can't do that."

And then you get pissy at me like, "I tried to help you and offer suggestions but you said you didn't want to do that." You're the one who wanted me to have my idea all planned out already. And then you say "well the other advisors will ask you even more questions than I did", when you're not even giving me a chance to answer the questions that you asked. Or at least, you're not listening to my answers.

And don't fucking talk to me about what the other advisors will be like. I've already talked to several of them and had a much easier time articulating my idea to them. Yeah, they asked questions, but they listened to my answers and didn't fucking lecture me or treat me like a child. I know what I want to get out of this project -- don't tell me to come up with a plan and then completely disregard it and suggest your own thing.

And then you make me keep on talking to you for another 20 minutes after I've already decided we weren't a good fit for each other -- you know, the entire reason why I wanted to meet with you? -- and then you're still lecturing me even as I try to politely tell you that I'm no longer interested in having you as my advisor. As if it was wrong for me to ask you about being my advisor only to back down after I realized I was uncomfortable talking to you. It has been drilled into my head in all the honors thesis prep that I've done so far, that I should make sure my advisor is someone I'm comfortable with. You are not someone I'm comfortable with. Don't try to make me feel bad for following the advice I've already been given by all the honors faculty, and fuck you for acting like you know better than them or that every other advisor will be as intimidating as you.

You knew I might not choose you as my advisor, so stop acting like I'm in the wrong for not choosing you.

And the worst part is, even though I've already met with advisors that I felt more comfortable around, I now feel like I'm doing the whole sheltering-myself-from-the-cruelty-of-the-outside-world-because-I-am-a-soft-and-helpless-being thing -- because that's something I'm still getting over -- and I really didn't fucking need this today.

Well, I'm pretty sure I know which university I'm dropping from now. This person is aggravating me. Why can't she support my decision to utilize my scholarship at another college first? I earned that. I earned that two year scholarship. I have every right to utilize it and as my counselor/advisor, you have no right to not support me. You are supposed to care about a potential student at your college, not how much money you'll get bringing me in. You're being pushy, telling me my current college isn't "giving me what i need" and "college shouldn't be this hard first semester". I've told you time and time again (I even cried about it when we officially first met), that math is not my strong suit. There will be hurdles I'll have to climb and jump over.

I've been going to tutoring ever since I first started college, I've been getting the math, they've been helping me. There is nothing wrong with the people at my college and most certainly not with the tutors who have gone over the same topic with me over and over again to make sure that I understand the material. Just because I have testing anxiety and I'm struggling in math does not mean that the staff at my college is useless. They are amazing, despite their flaws. Stop being sullen about me not joining your college right away, stop beating down on the fact that "Oh she's not joining so I can't get a better paycheck" or whatever you want to bitch about. I'm not joining your university anymore. I'm tired of your inability to support me.

Telling me something along the lines of, "Oh I hate to put this out there, but maybe they aren't giving you what you need. You've already had to withdraw from your math class, you say you're struggling. Maybe that college isn't the best place for you to be right now. They don't sound like they are giving you what you need. Let me know if you want to come to our college blah blah blah. I know you were very adamant about using your scholarship, but we'll help you get better," in this stupid sad, sullen tone, trying to be sympathetic, it's not working with me lady. I'm not stupid. I know how universities work. The fact that you aren't supporting my decision as my potential counselor/advisor for your college is honestly far worse than paying thousands of dollars to get into a university. I'm not blind and I sincerely hope you figure that out in the near future.

Not really a rant...

I'm just so tired, and sad, and depressed. :( I try to show a happy face and not think of things, and when I do, it just really hurts inside and I can't feel anything but pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.